Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

I don't think its run out of ideas exactly, but its clearly moving into the Barbie model of using dolls to promote the specials/direct to dvd movies. Unlike how it started where the webisodes were used to promote the dolls heavily

And because of that I think things get more boring and plain since you have to really push a specific theme to sell the dvd's/movies. I look at it that we are still getting supporting characters with some care instead of just a rehash of the core 5-6 dolls again and again and again
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Speaking of Barbie, if they made dolls that matched the Life In The Dreamhouse series, I'd buy them. But I see the Barbie stuff out and am just not feeling it, like the dolls really don't represent the same characters I see in that series. They don't have the same look or the same life to them, just that bland smile. I get the feeling this is the same for a lot of people because the web series is quite popular but I get the feeling most people watching it don't actually buy Barbie dolls.

I saw one doll that might have been Raquel but I couldn't be certain... it only sort of looked like her, the face was off and there wasn't even a character name on the box.

Make a Ken that comes with his shrink ray, some of the wacky gadgets and the tennis playing robot. Make it happen, Mattel.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So where are the MH reveals?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So where are the MH reveals?
    They are all over the net, here is a good recap

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnom...th/8462819285/
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Strange, as they weren't even mentioned on Toyark or any of the sites I go to.

ANyway, what a shocker, another Draculara.

The genie is pretty cool though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=336&itemid=19966

direct link to the monster high dolls.

I have often found toy news related sites odd at times. I have thought something should have gotten more coverage on some of them, and they just got a brief mention under another line based on the same company. Castle Greyskull is the awesomesauce oh and there were some cool MH dolls also
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heath was finally revealed. Monsterhighdolls.com has pics of his 2-pack with Abby.

I'll keep Heath, probably sell Abbey and all the accessories.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Heath? Wehre do you see that?

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I'll keep Heath, probably sell Abbey and all the accessories.
    I can't find a pic!!!

Thanks.

My g/f said that is a pass because she already has 3 Abbeys.

Any close ups on that GNO Spectra though?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Speaking of Barbie, if they made dolls that matched the Life In The Dreamhouse series, I'd buy them. But I see the Barbie stuff out and am just not feeling it, like the dolls really don't represent the same characters I see in that series. They don't have the same look or the same life to them, just that bland smile. I get the feeling this is the same for a lot of people because the web series is quite popular but I get the feeling most people watching it don't actually buy Barbie dolls.

I saw one doll that might have been Raquel but I couldn't be certain... it only sort of looked like her, the face was off and there wasn't even a character name on the box.

Make a Ken that comes with his shrink ray, some of the wacky gadgets and the tennis playing robot. Make it happen, Mattel.
    They are making Life in the Dream house dolls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnom...57632723312176

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnom...7632723312176/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulnom...7632723312176/
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

A definite start. Not too big on the talking dolls, but the basic assortment is pretty good. I'll wait for their eventual basic Barbie in series 2 or whenever, it'll probably be in her shirt and jeans with alternate pink dress.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel has posted the studio shots for Picture Day and Music Festival...

http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product...40&product=152

http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product...40&product=154

I'm guessing the Music Festival dolls are an "alternate market" line like Dead Tired was last year and the current swimsuit dolls.

Oh... Walmart has also marked down the Dance Class assortment to $10. Not sure if that's clearance or just the new price.

...and I have to wonder if ithe rumored new assortment of Dead Tired will tie-in to the looks Robecca, Venus and Rochelle are sporting on the new book cover...

http://mattelbrandsmedia.com/product...40&product=160
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; February 15, 2013 at 12:50am.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I just pick up all the New CAM Packs and had a pretty interesting Friday putting together some new looks. I really enjoy the Create a Monster Stuff.

002.jpg 001.jpg

Midnight Beach really benefits from a blacklight

The gini is a pass for me...

However...who is the purple one with the gray on her legs...has that rabbitt for a pet...they didnt get a shot of her diary...I like the looks of her.

That Heath looks okay. will need to see a better shot to figure out if he is going to be a buy for me...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    However...who is the purple one with the gray on her legs...has that rabbitt for a pet...they didnt get a shot of her diary...I like the looks of her.
    She's Twyla, the daughter of the Boogie Man. According to the demonstrator at Toy Fair she's very shy and doesn't like scaring people so she hides under the normie kids' beds and keeps the nightmares from getting to them.

Twyla's description starts at 0:50

Oh thanks so much!

I like her.

Howloween I like her sister 2 pack release better....she is more funky in her original.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Yeah...the 1st Howleen is the best. makes it very easy to ignore the new ones!...Phew!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Well I saw Demew and I just...not feeling her. I haven't liked any of the werecat dolls in this line to date...maybe because I'm allergic to them IRL??

I have to say I have seen the Mummy & Medusa CAM set and they are super great sculpts!! I am holding out on them until I can think of what outfits to put on them. Maybe the Mummy will have Cleo's and not too sure on the Medusa yet...
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Over at MonsterHighDolls.com someone found a shelf tag at TRU for a Scaris 2-pack (at $29.99) but no other info. Staff checked the system and told them that whatever it was was due in the middle of next month. Fast-forward a bit and someone discovered this on German eBay...

...the eBay description says that it comes with two stands and you can see an extra pair of shoes for each doll next to what look like cardboard shopping bags. Have to wonder how many more dolls this sub-line will see...

Well there are no new dolls coming in the revisions, they are increasing Jinafire in Wave 1 Revision 2 and removing Deuce to be replaced by Ghoulia in the cheap boxes. So we only have to be on the lookout for a Target or Kmart exclusive to pop up

Someone on MH Dolls said they found a reissue wave 1 signature Clawdeen and Frankie, in the current style box, tonight at TRU along with Draculaura. The next set of reissues is starting to pop up, I take it?