Page 121 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I find it funny that Mattel skimps on accessories with a lot of their action figures, yet MH tends to come packed with accessories for the dolls that they can't even hold.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I find it funny that Mattel skimps on accessories with a lot of their action figures, yet MH tends to come packed with accessories for the dolls that they can't even hold.
    I've been wondering that myself.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    at least MH have poseable elbows and wrists....at their height Bratz came with tonnes of exclusive accessories....but no way could their solid arms/hands hold anything of it!!

I have a few 'safari' Bratz and they are brim full of superb...yet useless accessories!

a
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; April 28, 2013 at 10:10am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

new webisode

They've also been pushing the Hindi translation of the fright song pretty hard since the dolls are coming out in India. I wonder if that means all the signature dolls are getting a new production run? Even postage from India should be cheaper than paying scalper prices for something like Holt. I know we're getting 3 of them ourselves but we can hope for the rest of the wave to get another US release too, or try to import.

Saw the Werecats Fearleading 3-pack at TRU today. Also, almost a year and a half after they released, my local Target FINALLY has the Howleen/Clawdeen two-pack in store. And I still hate that Clawdeen.

I still have not seen a single Scaris Deuce, despite stores getting two to three refresher waves of the secondary dolls. Boo.

Saw some new Bratzilla stuff. The GITD Mermaid doll, and CAM (CAW?) packs with weird-Harlequin type dolls (two-tone heads and bodies). Odd.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Today was the last day of SDCC Reveals for Matty I think and no Monster High at all
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Eh. My time collecting MLP stuff taught me that MOST advance news on toys come through early info leaks and factory samples more than official announcements at toy shows, so even if they did say something it'd be only part of what we're getting. MH seemed to be no different in that regard in the year I've been collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Today was the last day of SDCC Reveals for Matty I think and no Monster High at all
    This is by far the most disappointing SDCC from Mattel in years. I don't think I'll be getting Captain Marvel because I am not paying $12 for shipping for a figure that is already $8 higher than it should be. If there was a MH figure, then I would get him, but now, forget. Thanks Mattel, my money can go to Bandai this year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The MH reveal last year was almost a month after the big reveal. There are supposed to be more reveals in May and June. I'm sure there will be something.

Honestly, I'm betting that it's going to be some sort of tie-in/cross-over with Ever After High that Mattel has just started the viral campaign for.

I'm guessing Bratzillaz is all but dead now. They haven't done any webisodes in 3 months, the build a doll sets seemed to come out of nowhere without even an official announcement, and haven't gt much notice or interest. The core dolls are kind of bad, the 2 new characters haven't been easy to find, and the original 5 are still on clearance most places. The only "new" item I could find was this and Im not sure what it is, it looks too odd, I can't tell if it's official or some clever knockoff

Pity, the brand had initial promise but somehow MGA couldn't follow through. I know going up against MH is almost a losing proposition, but MGA seemed to stop trying rather early. I almost wonder if the massive sales and discounts made the early adopters of the line a bit angry at paying full retail only to see them 60% off a month later? It could make people unwilling to pay full retail for anything else, which would definitely hurt business.

Mystixx is most definitely dead, I think, and not even with the full first wave out. I think a few TRU stores got them in and that was it.

Heroic Warrior
    Knock-off Bratzillaz, they look to have Barbie-size feet and no MGA markings on the box. As for Mystixx, I don't know, they did show two new line extensions at Toy Fair but I will agree that they are impossible to find in stores. There's also the Once Upon a Zombie dolls coming from WowWee but that does seem to have a movie or DVD behind it.

So any word on when the super hero Torelli and Franky are supposed to come out?

Also, my Target has now started to stock their 2 pack of Clawdeen and her sister...

OMGosh...
    Those once upon a zombie are GREAT!
    I am SO getting those! I love the concept! I hope it does well!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Knock-off Bratzillaz, they look to have Barbie-size feet and no MGA markings on the box. As for Mystixx, I don't know, they did show two new line extensions at Toy Fair but I will agree that they are impossible to find in stores. There's also the Once Upon a Zombie dolls coming from WowWee but that does seem to have a movie or DVD behind it.
    The sad thing is, they're bootlegs, but they have better eyes than the "core" Bratzillaz dolls do, and even better bodies and clothes. I guess if they'd only got the skin colors right they'd almost be passable as official dolls.

A little hope from Her Monster Highness @ www.monsterhighdolls.com

I just left Comic Bug in Manhattan Beach where Mattel previewed samples of some SDCC exclusives. They were fantastic.

No surprise that MH was not shown but aside from free comics and time with friends, I thought it was worth a shot.

A fella was loitering around the display and seemed to be knowledgable about the samples. I asked when the MH reveal would be. He stated that the MH exclusive photos had not been approved in time for the reveal and suggested a two week delay. He walked away before I could ask his name or position.

Who knows if it has any validity. It was interesting so I'm passing along the info.

So is Monster High suddenly selling poorly? It seems odd that nothing new has been unveiled, and I'm finding things by accident on the internet than seeing announcements.

Also, when is Headless teacher supposed to come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So is Monster High suddenly selling poorly? It seems odd that nothing new has been unveiled, and I'm finding things by accident on the internet than seeing announcements.
    No Monster High is selling fine, stock is just catching up with demand. This happens every single year and every year people say "is the line dying".

And what do you mean nothing new has been announced? There is 2 new themed lines set to come out as well as a new 5 pack, a new 2 pack and probably 1 or 2 waves we have no idea exist. What do you want to find out whats coming at Christmas?

Nothing that is showing up or has shown up has not been announced, you just either were not aware of it or never saw the announcement.

Also, when is Headless teacher supposed to come out?
    June/July
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I just hope this year's exclusive isn't another unique character. I know Scarah is barely more than background scenery, but it seems if people have been begging for the crossover stuff(I know there's been a fair amount of DC/Batman MH fan art) SDCC would be the perfect outlet. I got sick of Hasbro shuffling unique characters to exclusive status, I don't want to see another company doing that.

I did have to sell off a few dolls lately, though with the 5 upcoming reissues I can replace 2 of them, and get a signature Clawdeen. I'll hopefully rebuild much of what I had to sell off. Toralei and werecats might be tricky/expensive though, but maybe just maybe, between the reissue demand and the new India production run, we'll see more older dolls get another chance at retail. Although as I've said before, whenever interest begins to die off, a lot of those "expensive" dolls will drop in value and I can likely fill a few holes then.

Granted I've been collecting WST Transformers lately but I'm almost done with those(6 of heero's offerings yet to buy, until his new stuff comes out, maybe Sixshot, maybe saving up to get the Dinobots, and I guess Dr. Wu's Perceptor) and once that's done I can devote solely to MH stuff.

Most toy companies are about, or have already started focusing on movie tie-in lines. Normal retail lines will take a bit of a back seat during this time and then regain focus when school starts up in August. Mattel tends to rely on 'leaks' for many of their announcements with this line. This isn't MOTUC where they have a much smaller consumer base and likely fewer people actually working on the line, so they can have greater control over reveals.

From what I have seen, they will run out of stuff around December in stores. Have several leaks during that time and over January/February to keep interest while they build up that years early stock, which will mostly float them through till the next school year with only a few additions over the summer break while they focus on the movie tie-in stuff.

Mattel does seem to be making a change to their strategy in releases. Before it was a theme with a signature doll or two in it, then a theme with no new characters that were at the deluxe level, then a theme at the basic level. Their new thing is is to have deluxe, basics, and signatures dolls all in one wave. With just some spotting in of characters who weren't released in previous themes (dead tired for example).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I did notice a lack of Ghoulia in the upcoming stuff, I suppose her dolls selling poorly has finally caught up. I saw 2 Roller Maze Ghoulias at Family Dollar just last week, and her scooter at Big Lots. Lagoona's getting a stronger focus now and some characters who were all but ignored seem to be getting another push. I almost wish they'd cut back on Draculaura, she's got too many dolls as it is.

I finally caved picked up an extra Deuce from Scaris and a Ghoulia. Ghoulia is kind of in a funny spot where the character is well liked but most of her variants don't sell that well. Drac's problem is she tends to be overpacked and many of her dolls are only tweaks on her theme. I do wish some of these they would sell as outfits for the dolls instead of as a whole new doll sometimes. Because sometimes the outfit isn't that bad, just I don't need another variant of a character. And the recent outfits they have released without dolls seem to be a bit lacking.

Personally I think what they should do with waves is Signature doll on theme, 1-2 other deluxe, 2-3 basics, and the rest of the dolls get an outfit pack for the theme. Rotating who is in what spot. I would say for a character the first release is the signature, then a basic, then an outfit, then a deluxe, basic, outfit would be best.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I just hope this year's exclusive isn't another unique character.
    Prepare to be upset as Matty just posted 5/15 the reveal will come and it looks like the Spider

Monster High™ Figure

She’s been lurking in the shadows with the patience of a… creature that’s very patient. Just make sure to stick around MattyCollector.com for your patience to be rewarded on 5/15.

This product will be available for pre-order at MattyCollector.com on June 4, 2013, to be picked up at San Diego Comic-Con (details to come). It will also be available for purchase at the show.

I love how it's supposed to be a sneak peak and it's pretty obvious who it is. At least she was originally set up to be a SDCC exclusive, based on the poll way back when. I do however agree I wish SDCC was more about special variants not uniques.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    By the looks of things. Wydowna is only available at SDCC, not on Matty at a later date.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Yeah, I saw that. Should make the feeding frenzy at Comic-Con that much crazier.