Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Heroic Warrior
    As far as I know, the "new" reveals at Comic Con are all going to be 2014 items. Sure they're officially announcing and showing off a lot of stuff that we already know about like the I Heart Fashion Scarah and Clawdeen. So far there have only been 4 "new" dolls displayed (along with some over-sized pets). The Ghoulia may or may not be actual product as she seems to be pieced together from existing parts other than the book and the t-shirt, afraid I'm not finding a lot of "news" to go with the pics that are turning up. Frankie and Draculaura are from a Target sub-line called Sweet Screams (notice the pupils - hard to see in that photo, but Frankie has bolt-shaped pupils and Draculaura has hearts) and the one in the catacombs display hasn't been officially named by anyone at the booth that I've found reference to, but someone who took a survey for Mattel claims her name is Jane Boolittle. Hopefully we'll know a lot more come Saturday after the panel...

Ever After High apparently doesn't have an SDCC presence this year. People were told that the line is doing well and maybe next they'd have them on display. In the meantime, a photo of the Ashlynn Ella/Hunter Huntsman 2-pack has appeared...

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I find myself less enthused by the new dolls. The line's changing direction. At least the webisodes are still decent, but I expect they'll change story direction eventually given how EAH is being written. Did those 3 first series reissues ever come out? Guess it doesn't matter, I'm not really in a position to pick them up anyway, since I may need 1 or 2 new hard drives with that money. Maybe if they linger for a few months, but that's doubtful.

Somehow, Bratzillas is still alive, but the new dolls are ugly. They also ditched webisodes in favor of some really cheap quality storybook videos where it's just paragraphs of text mixed with still promo art. Pity, their webisodes were actually decent and they hinted at more, but I guess with the line selling poorly enough to get the dolls down to 50% off they can't fund more.

Or maybe my tastes are changing. I've paid no attention to MLP FIM for a while now, though that's mostly put on the fact I no longer buy anything made by Hasbro. Though they have watered the show down quite a bit, but it's a Hasbro show, so it having substance was a bit of a fluke to start with. I don't rush to watch the new MH webisodes and they've had no real character growth. Any time they show a sign, it'll be ignored quickly. Nefera not being so snotty? Nah, she's back to being unlikeable, selfish and hateful. I do like the Barbie series but if that's a girl's cartoon then Sopranos was a sitcom. It's just so out there I have to think the writers are certified nuts. I said before but EAH drives me away, I see it as almost the opposite of what made MH appealing.

The reissues appeared on Big Bad toystore for sure with Draculuara, Clawdeen and Frankie.

I kind of like the Sweeet Screams but not sure I will be picking them up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

The Sweet Screams dolls look fantastic. They are creepy but cute at the same time. For a store exclusive line they really went all out on these two. I'm not really feeling the new character Boolittle. She looks like a create a character vs an actual basic doll. Her outfit also looks cheap and messy.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The reissues appeared on Big Bad toystore for sure with Draculuara, Clawdeen and Frankie.

I kind of like the Sweeet Screams but not sure I will be picking them up.
    The reissues also appeared at Entertainment Earth and Mattelshop.com and should show up in Walmart eventually.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I went with BBTS for Clawdeen...they have the best price!

Heroic Warrior
    What do you guys want to hear from the panel today?... I'm hoping for some CAMs that aren't color me creepy but full-bodied like they are, would also like to see InvisiBilly and a signature Gil to make my best friend and her daughters very happy.

girlfriend said she found Music Festival dolls at a Love's.

not sure if that had been reported yet.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    girlfriend said she found Music Festival dolls at a Love's.

not sure if that had been reported yet.
    I found Abbey at the local Kroger and a friend found them at the Walmart I work at though I missed them all...

The other reveals for the weekend were Clawdia Wolf and Honey Swamp on Saturday and SloMo on Sunday...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So when are the rest of the Power Ghouls supposed to come out? I am sick of seeing Spectra and Clawdeen on the shelves.

Are there any pictures ANYWHERE of the displays and everything from SDCC? I only see a few pictures here and not on any other site.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Omgosh...i have to have Honey (i used to live 10 minutes away from Honey Island Swamp)& Slo!!

Thought I'd share (still waiting fir Clawdeen).

Last edited by Stratos*Major; July 22, 2013 at 07:00pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Are there any pictures ANYWHERE of the displays and everything from SDCC? I only see a few pictures here and not on any other site.
    I know there were some on Mattel's MH Facebook page, but they really don't give any idea of the size of that school display. I'll see what I can dig up over the weekend.

So when are the rest of the Power Ghouls supposed to come out? I am sick of seeing Spectra and Clawdeen on the shelves.

The other 2 power ghouls were just added to the Target website, that usually means in 2-3 weeks they will be on store shelves. So not too much longer
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Movie mayhem!
    Just got a matty email revealing these new characters and they call the green one Alli Gator not Honey Swamp
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    I know there were some on Mattel's MH Facebook page, but they really don't give any idea of the size of that school display. I'll see what I can dig up over the weekend.
    Thanks. There seemed to be a serious lack of love for MH at SDCC this year. In fact, this is the only site I can get any information on these dolls because no other seems to care about them at all.

Oh yeah, Wydonna goes on sale on Aug 2nd right? I'm assuming the early access day is the first?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Just got a matty email revealing these new characters and they call the green one Alli Gator not Honey Swamp
    Dang it, I didn't get that e-mail... Tell you the truth, I don't know what to make of her name... All the slides and the booth card show her as Honey Swamp but the clapboard next to the doll says Allie Gator.

Oh yeah, Wydonna goes on sale on Aug 2nd right? I'm assuming the early access day is the first?
    Matty's SDCC sale is on the 5th which will probably make early access the 1st to give them a full 24 hours during business days, *but* it doesn't seem Wydowna or the Hot Wheels are going to be part of that sale. I still haven't found good intel on the panel, but it sounds like Webarella will be available at NYCC, too. Maybe she'll be on Matty after that...

New photos of Ashlynn and Hunter...

I'm getting the booth photos together now... just need to find out what the photo limit for a single post is first...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    , *but* it doesn't seem Wydowna or the Hot Wheels are going to be part of that sale. I still haven't found good intel on the panel, but it sounds like Webarella will be available at NYCC, too. Maybe she'll be on Matty after that...
    Well then I guess I'm not buying N52 Capt Marvel, as the only way I was going to buy him was if I was going to get someone with him to even out the shipping costs. Oh well, try again next time Matty.

Any idea when Catty Noir and that Spectra in the purple coat (at least I think it was a purple coat, haven't seen anything on her in months) are coming out?

Oh no way...I'm calling her Honey now!
    WTG Jim_Abell!

Heroic Warrior
    Sorry for the delay... This was (as far as I can tell) the centerpiece of the booth. Thing is huge and I haven't seen pics of any other diorama displays for any of the other brands. There's stuff in display cases and featured items like the '66 utility belt and ghostbusting equipment, but MH seems to be the only brand that really got the extra push this year...

...I think all of these shots are from Mattel's MH Facebook page, apologies if I've posted something from an individual here. Got shots of the display cases with the new product, as well, if you guys want those, too. Just let me know.

they should have sold that as the school, of course based on the cost of the previous school that would cost a small fortune.

Everafterhigh dolls have been added to nowinstock.com.

Heroic Warrior
    they should have sold that as the school, of course based on the cost of the previous school that would cost a small fortune.
    Really, though... price aside, who has the room for that thing?...

I would really check on 8/2 for the Spider guys, Mattel has refused to comment for 2 years now when asked about the MH doll and Matty and there she is every single year.

I will be ready and waiting if she appears (like SDCC MH dolls always do).

I saw some of these figures at TJ Maxx Sunday for $24.99 is that a good price?
    "Problems Weaver?"

Jim, thanks, those are awesome. Yeah, I'd also like pictures of the figures shown in the cases and stuff.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    As an ardent fan of the old Universal Monsters, I have to admit the concept here has had an appeal since the dolls premiered. The price and highly stylized bodies/proportions have kept me from pulling the trigger thus far, but I do admit I keep looking at the coverage of this line from SDCC. If they ever did dolls of the parents to go with them, I might have to jump on board (though I figure that's an unlikely scenario).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman