Page 125 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I would really check on 8/2 for the Spider guys, Mattel has refused to comment for 2 years now when asked about the MH doll and Matty and there she is every single year.

I will be ready and waiting if she appears (like SDCC MH dolls always do).
    According to the news item posted today, she will be available on Friday, limit 1 per person (though I have to wonder if that is actually per person or per order, provided she lasts long enough for someone to place a second order). Really hope the rumors of her also being available at NYCC are true...

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    As an ardent fan of the old Universal Monsters, I have to admit the concept here has had an appeal since the dolls premiered. The price and highly stylized bodies/proportions have kept me from pulling the trigger thus far, but I do admit I keep looking at the coverage of this line from SDCC. If they ever did dolls of the parents to go with them, I might have to jump on board (though I figure that's an unlikely scenario).
    I don't think we'll see the parents until the movie comes out. As of now, only Cleo's father, Ramses de Nile, has been seen in full (great design, would love to see a doll of him) and her grandmother is in an upcoming webisode but she's never seen out of her sarcophagus (just an eye-slit opens when she's speaking). A pair of tentacles are all that's been seen of Gil's parents (and the dialog they had was gibberish) and Draculaura's father and Clawdeen's mother have had off-screen dialog (though to be fair, the Wolf mother is only howls and growls), there isn't a lot to go on for the parents right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    According to the news item posted today, she will be available on Friday, limit 1 per person (though I have to wonder if that is actually per person or per order, provided she lasts long enough for someone to place a second order). Really hope the rumors of her also being available at NYCC are true...
    Told you guys, if Matty allows an item for pre-sale you can almost guarantee it will show up in the after sale. The only item that never did was the 2010 Black and White Frankie and that was because it was a surprise exclusive that actually did sell out at the Con.

I am guessing its 1 per order, Digital River does not have the capacity or has ever cared about a per person limit with the volume they deal with.

At least 1 per order should make her last longer than the 2mins that Scarah did last year.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

OH, totally excited about Webarella. I really want two, because I like to keep one loose and one MIB. I hope the NYCC rumors are true as well, as I'll be going to that.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    BTW, my g/f finally found and bought the Mermaid girl CAM stuff and is there any way to get the tail to lock on to the body? That and the piece that goes around the abdomen keep falling off as if they are too big for the body.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Saw Thirteen Wishes Clawdeen at K-mart today.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Does anyone know when we will be getting our early access code for this Friday/s SDCC matty sale?

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    My 2 SDCC Weberella's have been shipped out to me. I should receive them soon :-)
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Does anyone know when we will be getting our early access code for this Friday/s SDCC matty sale?
    Go to Matty and click on the subscriptions link, sign-in and then click early access. I think that will work if you don't get the code.

Also there was a flikr link over at MonsterHighDolls.com with much better booth pics than what I've found...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99586874@N06/

BTW, if anybody is looking for MH or EAH dolls, you might want to check a Justice store this weekend. 60% off (40% + 20%) through Monday. Got EAH dolls for $17 and some change each yesterday.
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; August 2, 2013 at 03:39am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Go to Matty and click on the subscriptions link, sign-in and then click early access. I think that will work if you don't get the code.
    Yeah you don't need a code for Early Access, the thing we get in our emails basically just takes you to through the process listed above.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah you don't need a code for Early Access, the thing we get in our emails basically just takes you to through the process listed above.
    Thank you for the info. I don't know why I keep thinking that there used to be a code...but then again, I still haven't ordered anything using early access, so...who knows.

BTW, Does anyone on this thread take pics of their collections???? I'd love to see some and post some of my own.

Heroic Warrior
    I think I got one but, dang, that was a pain in the buttocks...

I have yet to even get to access the site. All I get is some 503 error. Is Wydonna actually on sale?

Can't say I am surprised though, we are still dealing with Digital River after all. And Mattel wonders why people don't want to subscribe.

EDIT:

If Wydonna was on sale, I'm pretty ****** because she is sold out. How can she be sold out when the site wasn't working.

You know what, **** it!, I give up. I don't need any of the stress from this. I am glad to have sold off my MOTUC collection. I am glad to not be subbing next year. I wash my hands of anything Digital River. I'll buy Captain Marvel when I see him at Big Lots in a couple years for $10, provided I still have a DCU collection. I'm not spending $15 for shipping on an already overpriced toy!
    Last edited by Dr Kain; August 2, 2013 at 12:13pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    I have a niece who is in to MH, so I was going to get one in early access, but it said she was sold out. I bought my Stondar/Rockon and minifigs, though. Sorry to those who missed out on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I have yet to even get to access the site. All I get is some 503 error. Is Wydonna actually on sale?

Can't say I am surprised though, we are still dealing with Digital River after all. And Mattel wonders why people don't want to subscribe.

EDIT:

If Wydonna was on sale, I'm pretty ****** because she is sold out. How can she be sold out when the site wasn't working.

You know what, **** it!, I give up. I don't need any of the stress from this. I am glad to have sold off my MOTUC collection. I am glad to not be subbing next year. I wash my hands of anything Digital River. I'll buy Captain Marvel when I see him at Big Lots in a couple years for $10, provided I still have a DCU collection. I'm not spending $15 for shipping on an already overpriced toy!
    Can't say I blame you. What ticks me off the most is that this is the second time I've missed out on MH exclusive due to site issues. I really wanted to get one of these for my niece. Oh well, I know it's not the end of the world but it's unnecessary and getting real tiresome.

EDIT:

I had her in my cart and entered my CC and all that was left was for them to finish the charge and the 503 site error came and that was all she wrote.

Did not surprise me given that Scarah sold out last year in like 2min, and this years was even hotter at SDCC itself

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Can't say I blame you. What ticks me off the most is that this is the second time I've missed out on MH exclusive due to site issues. I really wanted to get one of these for my niece. Oh well, I know it's not the end of the world but it's unnecessary and getting real tiresome.
    At least they are re-releasing Scarah now at TRU with some new fashions. So while you don't get the exact one that was at SDCC your niece can at least get the main doll

Its funny how one person dosent get through another one get her in a cart and site crashes another is able to buy 2. I was in on time and she was listed as sold out for 10 minutes and then the site crashed on me.
    SO...so happy i had EA!
    Great benefit to the 2013 sub.!

Buys 2? I thought Mattel said she was limited to one per customer?

Anyway, the other thing that makes me mad is the SDCC is the reason I had an interest in Early Access. That is the reason I did not cancel my DC sub when I canceled my MOTUC back in April. It wasn't bad enough they gave us a ****** SDCC exclusive for DC, not to mention an over priced one at that, but to not even have a use for the Early Access because it did me no good. Oh well. My g/f said she is starting to lose her interest in MH due to how Mattel is poorly handling the line. We haven't seen new dolls in months. The teacher is $10 overpriced at TRU. The lack of product for Webarella. CAM bodies that aren't working right with the latest packs. My g/f is finding it to be more of a hassle to collect than enjoyable, which is exactly what happened to me with MOTUC and is starting to happen with DCU. And when the fun is gone, it isn't worth doing. You can get more fun in funeral than Mattel.

Buys 2? I thought Mattel said she was limited to one per customer?

Anyway, the other thing that makes me mad is the SDCC is the reason I had an interest in Early Access. That is the reason I did not cancel my DC sub when I canceled my MOTUC back in April. It wasn't bad enough they gave us a ****** SDCC exclusive for DC, not to mention an over priced one at that, but to not even have a use for the Early Access because it did me no good. Oh well. My g/f said she is starting to lose her interest in MH due to how Mattel is poorly handling the line. We haven't seen new dolls in months. The teacher is $10 overpriced at TRU. The lack of product for Webarella. CAM bodies that aren't working right with the latest packs. My g/f is finding it to be more of a hassle to collect than enjoyable, which is exactly what happened to me with MOTUC and is starting to happen with DCU. And when the fun is gone, it isn't worth doing. You can get more fun in funeral than Mattel.

I would hate to be a MH collector. The whole early access thing was a blow to them. I have a friend who collects MH to some extent. I sense her growing disinterest, though when she brings it up. I find myself being mostly a Japanese toy collector at this point. I still do like my DCUC and hope the sub goes through. I also pick and choose MOTU and get the show accurate MLP mini and vinyl figures. The American companies are not making things easy. Mattel is bad but Hasbro is not much better. I was collecting the vintage style GI JOE figures for a couple years and then Hasbro lets these a**holes at Master Collector have a sub and exclusives that price-wise make every sub on Matty look like a super deal. You can buy 3 or 4 MOTU figures for what 2 small GI JOE sub figures cost. :P And instead of it being all repaints, they go ahead and make vintage characters extremely limited and expensive exclusives.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The inability to find new stuff, the reissues being few and far between(I've only heard of people finding the current 3 online) and a sort of shift in style kind of put me off things. They're taking the Hasbro route with exclusives which bugs me. I get the feeling we're starting to see the same trend that ruined Real Ghostbusters among other things- executive meddling trying to "fix" what isn't broken by doing something new. I personally think Scaris was bland and didn't really belong in MH when it would better suit Barbie. True there were 3 new characters but those could've been in standard MH boxes. I mean the travel-centric outfits which looked bland.

I'm also seeing the usual remnants in stores- more stuff that simply isn't selling. I used to see totally bare shelves but now there's a fair number of the budget dolls lingering all over. Not sure of it's a glut of merch that exceeds demand, or a sign that demand is shrinking.

Barbie LITD stuff is starting to come out now. Looks like most of the major characters have dolls. They are cheaper than MH by a few dollars, for some reason even though they seem to come with just as much stuff in the box.

Mattel is also fully aware that men are watching the series, going by this episode.

The glut is mostly linked to summer glut, it's been that way we talked about it last year and the year before. With parents often spending a fair bit of change on vacation they tend to not buy many toys. Many of the toys will start getting wiped out at back to school shopping starts up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by MrBear View Post
    I find myself being mostly a Japanese toy collector at this point.
    Yeah, I'm sure you have seen my Figuarts pictures and what not. I am huge into that line. So I was very excited when the Bluefin guy didn't tell me they got ahold of the license to do DC Figuarts at AX only to find out at SDCC they are just going to be Injustice versions (I'll get Flash regardless though).

When it comes to current JP poseable figures I have a lot of figmas. I have a few Figu/D-arts figures but not many. I have two from Precure, Raidou from Devil Summoner, and Mega Man. I have the Sailor Moon and Persona 3 ones on pre-order. There were a few Precure girls I liked the designs on and wouldn't mind picking up at some point. I actually have an account at My Figure Collection that lists all my JP toys.
    http://myfigurecollection.net/collec...tatus=2&root=0

Webarella was the only reason I was interested in Early Access, and that was a freaking joke. Couldn't even get her in my cart for the errors. First MH SDCC exclusive I've missed.

Be at your local Target on Sept. 19th!!

I just saw a little sign set up in the MH section and it was announcing the new line...

It has Clawdeen singing into a mic. (In shadow).

I think it said something like: a clawderific surprise is coming...or sonething like that.
    I'll be there at open.

Also, while i was in today Target was setting up the new toy isle plan-o-grams and MH presence is much bigger and fancier.

I've started to go to Target now because Ellen said it was okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Be at your local Target on Sept. 19th!!

I just saw a little sign set up in the MH section and it was announcing the new line...

It has Clawdeen singing into a mic. (In shadow).

I think it said something like: a clawderific surprise is coming...or sonething like that.
    I'll be there at open.

Also, while i was in today Target was setting up the new toy isle plan-o-grams and MH presence is much bigger and fancier.

I've started to go to Target now because Ellen said it was okay!
    that's awesome!! got any pics?!?