Page 18 of 130 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    If anyone is looking for a list (with pictures!) of all the releases, one can be found here:

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=274988.html
    Oh wow! Thanks!

I've been looking for a list like this.

This is the first time I've posted in this thread but Monster High has become somewhat of a guilty pleasure of mine.

My ex collected these and I really liked them being a Uni Monster fan, so I bought a few on a whim and now I'm hooked.

Right now I only buy the "regular" figures with the pets but the more displays I see like Staff Of Ka's the more I wanna branch out to the sub lines. I wish I had more room.
    Last edited by Bonehead; November 3, 2011 at 08:33pm. Reason: spell check. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yeah I LOVE the Hydration Staion....But I hafta laugh at the advertised ' Its also a nite light' cos seriously....have you heard that thing???????

The pump is LOUD!!!!!

I Really hope they release a Cleo bed cos I would LOVE a Mummy case for her!!

Cleo and Ghoulia are the only ones left that need beds right?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Cleo and Ghoulia are the only ones left that need beds right?
    Yup! but Cleos getting the 'Dressing Table' so I duno if a beds on the cards!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Yup! but Cleos getting the 'Dressing Table' so I duno if a beds on the cards!
    That is what I thought, I don't understand that one at all especially since her sister is coming out as a doll too

EDIT: I stopped by Kmart today and saw they have a new display in the aisle for Monster High that contains all the original Wave 1 dolls for $14.99, so if you guys are looking for the original waves that is a good price since standard is $16.99-21
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I'm having ahelluva time trying to find Abbey in the stores. I'm not gonna break down and get her on ebay or anything, but I got to get her for Christmas, she is number one on my daughter's list. I tried to get Abbey for her birthday (which was Oct 31), but I got the Clawdeen bed and Clawdeen fashion club outfit, so she was cool. I picked up Spectra and the other school club outfits for Christmas, but, dang, Abbey is no where. Now I hear Toralei is out! Dang, what's a guy gotta do to get some dolls?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I'm having ahelluva time trying to find Abbey in the stores. I'm not gonna break down and get her on ebay or anything, but I got to get her for Christmas, she is number one on my daughter's list. I tried to get Abbey for her birthday (which was Oct 31), but I got the Clawdeen bed and Clawdeen fashion club outfit, so she was cool. I picked up Spectra and the other school club outfits for Christmas, but, dang, Abbey is no where. Now I hear Toralei is out! Dang, what's a guy gotta do to get some dolls?
    Have you ever used nowinstock.net? It will alert you when the doll shows up online, right now the best and easiest place to get her is amazon.com as she shows up about once every week and a half. She was just in stock on the 26th of Oct

http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/monsterhighdolls/

Also keep checking Targets, that is where most people find her they just have to get through their current stock before putting her case out

I will keep an eye out and get an extra one if I see her, I can always return it if you end up finding one

Also keep checking Targets, that is where most people find her they just have to get through their current stock before putting her case out

I will keep an eye out and get an extra one if I see her, I can always return it if you end up finding one
    I said this before on this thread, but just as a reminder, you can't check stock on Target.com for specific toys. All the Monster High dolls have the same item number, so when it says your local store has 22 Abbeys in stock, it's really only telling you hat store has 22 Monster High dolls. (And they're probably all Frankies.)

Also, at this time of year, Target won't hold anything, you can call and they can tell you what they have, but won't set it aside for you.

Similarly, if the shelf is completely stocked, they won't go in the back to look for one specific item. The best you can hope for is that there's room to put an entire case out, in which case (and it depends on the employee) they may be willing to go back and bring out a fresh case to stock the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I said this before on this thread, but just as a reminder, you can't check stock on Target.com for specific toys. All the Monster High dolls have the same item number, so when it says your local store has 22 Abbeys in stock, it's really only telling you hat store has 22 Monster High dolls. (And they're probably all Frankies.)

Also, at this time of year, Target won't hold anything, you can call and they can tell you what they have, but won't set it aside for you.

Similarly, if the shelf is completely stocked, they won't go in the back to look for one specific item. The best you can hope for is that there's room to put an entire case out, in which case (and it depends on the employee) they may be willing to go back and bring out a fresh case to stock the shelf.
    Oh I was not implying to check Target online, I was meaning keep looking in the store for the doll. I remember your tips

But Target is the only one getting her wave, Walmart is getting the wave before her that has the Spectra's. Kmart as well

Though I would think that should change her near Christmas since didn't they change the assortment and phase out Clawdeen and replace her with Abbey

Oh I was not implying to check Target online, I was meaning keep looking in the store for the doll. I remember your tips

But Target is the only one getting her wave, Walmart is getting the wave before her that has the Spectra's. Kmart as well

Though I would think that should change her near Christmas since didn't they change the assortment and phase out Clawdeen and replace her with Abbey
    All my store has gotten is the Spectra wave lately. There are two assortments from my understanding, one has Spectra and Holt. The other has Abbey and Ghoulia. Cleo, Clawdeen and Frankie are in both. Last time we got the Abbey wave in, there were tons of Abbeys, so I think she's being heavily packed to meet demand. I think Spectra only one per case, still. Frankie is still being annoyingly heavy-packed.

And often, when that happens, the toy companies send reps in to remove the stagnant stock and replace it with higher demand items, but our Mattel rep doesn't know a damn thing about Monster High, so it doesn't look like Mattel is prioritizing this line. She's always there working on Barbie, Cars 2, that singing Mickey Mouse doll... I know more about Monster High than she does!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    As much as I love this line, ive collected far too much of it (my last pick ups being spectra and abbey) and had to pay through the nose for them..... kinda jading. I think I might sell them on ebay for christmas and hopefully break even too many dolls
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

And often, when that happens, the toy companies send reps in to remove the stagnant stock and replace it with higher demand items, but our Mattel rep doesn't know a damn thing about Monster High, so it doesn't look like Mattel is prioritizing this line. She's always there working on Barbie, Cars 2, that singing Mickey Mouse doll... I know more about Monster High than she does!
    How do you work at Target and not want to destroy that Mickey Mouse doll

Yeah Mattel is probably going to botch it this Christmas just like they did last Christmas, its not a hard thing to do. But they seem unable to adapt and case ratios remain their biggest hurdle as a toy company

Frankie is the new Batman/Superman

How do you work at Target and not want to destroy that Mickey Mouse doll

Yeah Mattel is probably going to botch it this Christmas just like they did last Christmas, its not a hard thing to do. But they seem unable to adapt and case ratios remain their biggest hurdle as a toy company

Frankie is the new Batman/Superman

Or the new Smash-Blade.

I know what you mean, we didn't get a Clawdeen until after Christmas last year. Couldn't find her anywhere. Why are big toy companies so clueless about this stuff? I mean, it is only common sense that fans of the line would want the newer items. I mean, why are there still several Frankies, Cleo/Deuce two-packs, etc., but never an Abbey?

Idiots!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Even over here in Oz where MH was only launched mid year, Frankies and Cleo+Deuce sets are Clogging shelves!

I seriously dont get Mattels thinking! I remember the old rule about 'there should always be a lead character in a wave' but I hoped they got over that with the whole 200X debacle (hereafter refferred to as the 'Smash Blade Effect') and Although Frankie is a great doll...I dont see her as the 'Lead Character' MH -IMO- is an ensemble line all the characters are important.

Its almost like mattel are designing this line for Scalpers!

[/CENTER]

Even over here in Oz where MH was only launched mid year, Frankies and Cleo+Deuce sets are Clogging shelves!

I seriously dont get Mattels thinking! I remember the old rule about 'there should always be a lead character in a wave' but I hoped they got over that with the whole 200X debacle (hereafter refferred to as the 'Smash Blade Effect') and Although Frankie is a great doll...I dont see her as the 'Lead Character' MH -IMO- is an ensemble line all the characters are important.

Its almost like mattel are designing this line for Scalpers!
    Well Frankie was pushed ridiculously because she is basically the star of the show, at least in the 1st series. That has since changed as more characters are involved in the stories but originally Frankie was the star (that is why she got the B&W 2010 SDCC Exclusive). It infuriates me that for the 2nd time now they dump Clawdeen from cases but keep Frankie, they did it with the 1st wave and now again in the upcoming waves.

Cleo & Deuce is clogging up shelves because Mattel overshipped and consumers 100% rejected the combo. Nobody likes Cleo, it does not matter which doll it is. Target could not even give away the 2 pack here a month ago when they had a super sale on it. So far from what i can see anecdotally the Claw/Drac 2 pack is selling much better.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Cleo & Deuce is clogging up shelves because Mattel overshipped and consumers 100% rejected the combo. Nobody likes Cleo, it does not matter which doll it is. Target could not even give away the 2 pack here a month ago when they had a super sale on it. So far from what i can see anecdotally the Claw/Drac 2 pack is selling much better.
    That's funny. I really, really want the Cleo and Deuce two pack. It's just ridiculously expensive (in my opinion) in Canada...even when it was on sale! There was only one sale where it was actually a good price, but I couldn't get to the store that week because of more important, family matters.

Anyway, I liked that doll set but I kind of disliked Cleo in the first Monster High shows because she was a beotch. She was very Catra-like though. I think she's quite likable in the new ones though...and I HAVE to own Nefera. She's THE most gorgeous Monster High doll so far (in my opinion).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's funny. I really, really want the Cleo and Deuce two pack. It's just ridiculously expensive (in my opinion) in Canada...even when it was on sale! There was only one sale where it was actually a good price, but I couldn't get to the store that week because of more important, family matters.
    I agree Cleo isnt the most likeable doll. but Deuce is one Of my favorites, hes just so damn cute! I think he would have sold fine without being shoehorned into a two pack!

Clawd is a great figure too, and he comes with a stunning Draculaura so that really helps.

To be honest my only issues with the males so far are that we got a variant Jackson instead of a proper 'Character' release with pet and Diary. and that the males -IMO- Really need the same wrist articulation as the girls! I love Clawd but I find his lack of Wrist movement limiting in posing! at least the boys have a great Ankle articulation! I just find it odd they have immobile wrists!

aj

[/CENTER]

Movie mayhem!
    Saw the special last night. It was fun.

I think MH is the rare "girl" line that is just super collectible, because the characters are so unique and different. I think with more generic lines, like Disney Princesses or Moxie, girls just pick a favorite, usually the one that looks most like them. The fact that the MH girls have personalities and a dynamic, makes everyone that collects them, want them all.

I think MH is the rare "girl" line that is just super collectible, because the characters are so unique and different. I think with more generic lines, like Disney Princesses or Moxie, girls just pick a favorite, usually the one that looks most like them. The fact that the MH girls have personalities and a dynamic, makes everyone that collects them, want them all.
    I agree, I told my wife that Monster High is more like an action figure line which is why it appeals to guys (straight and gay) as well as girls. The dolls are dynamic and individual, not just same body different head or same dolls different outfit or body color.

I see the new dolls and think of them in the same terms i do when I look at MOTUC or other boys lines. That does not happen with Barbie, Bratz or any other doll on the market.

And because of that I think Mattel is absolutely clueless on how to handle it, or at least their reps in the field are clueless. As an organization they understand its appeal because otherwise they would not make SDCC exclusives and would not be doing webisodes like they do (we would get the 1 special a year like Barbie does).

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hey, I like Cleo because she is a mummy, which is Egyptian, and I am a sucker for anything Egyptian. When is her sister coming out?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Hey, I like Cleo because she is a mummy, which is Egyptian, and I am a sucker for anything Egyptian. When is her sister coming out?
    Jan or Feb I think, she should be in the wave after Torelei

I agree, I told my wife that Monster High is more like an action figure line which is why it appeals to guys (straight and gay) as well as girls. The dolls are dynamic and individual, not just same body different head or same dolls different outfit or body color.

I see the new dolls and think of them in the same terms i do when I look at MOTUC or other boys lines. That does not happen with Barbie, Bratz or any other doll on the market.

And because of that I think Mattel is absolutely clueless on how to handle it, or at least their reps in the field are clueless. As an organization they understand its appeal because otherwise they would not make SDCC exclusives and would not be doing webisodes like they do (we would get the 1 special a year like Barbie does).
    i wish i had the stones to make that argument to my wife. i agree with you. these "dolls" are really cool. i find myself checking the monster high aisle after the action figure aisle. sadly, my daughter is less interested in them now...altho she did dress up as claudeen wolf.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    does anyone know what the Case Pack out for Toralei is going to be? I hope it is at least 2. She is a Must have and I wonder how long it will take to get one (at retail prices) I Finally found a Spectra yesterday

If you guys are interested, I will happily grab all the Toraleis I see here, and sell em at cost ( $28 + P&P) I cant promise when they will surface in my town but I will tell you in here, and then 1st come first serve basis!

(I did the same with Spectras-worked really well!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Right now I only buy the "regular" figures with the pets but the more displays I see like Staff Of Ka's the more I wanna branch out to the sub lines. I wish I had more room.
    Hiya Buddy!, yeah The sub lines are awesome...but they do eat up the space! Thankfully the biggest line so far is the Dead Tired set, but storage is a nightmare!

I had to move mine from the main room display into the Toy room on the Weekend and had to try and squish them into my Ikea Cabinets! Yoicks! was like a army maneuovre!lol

So Im going back to my original plan of only collecting the 'Character' dolls with their Pets,diarys and regular outfits and the DOTD set (thats IF they release other dolls in the set!)

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 6, 2011 at 07:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

Well yesterday after going to 6 different stores and coming up short I caved in and bought an Abbey on ebay. I can't wait any longer.

Then of course today I went shopping at Kohl's and on a whim stopped at their minuscule toy department and there on shelf sat one Abbey. Ughh. So I bought her and ended up giving it to my neighbor's 6 year old daughter who's been looking for one as well for a while. The look on her face alone was worth it. Hopefully this will give me some good karma somewhere down the road. Now I just have to wait a few days for mine from ebay to arrive.

Staff Of Ka, I'd be most grateful if you could pick me up a Toralei. I still haven't seen one Spectra in my area yet. Lucky for me a friend found one out of state.