Page 19 of 130 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar

What was your first monster high doll?

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    If you guys are interested, I will happily grab all the Toraleis I see here, and sell em at cost ( $28 + P&P) I cant promise when they will surface in my town but I will tell you in here, and then 1st come first serve basis!

That would be Awesome, I hope I am around if you find any to sell.

I dont have alot of room for my collection either..Here is a part of my collection that I could fit in one photo, the rest are in boxes in another part of my extra room

I only have enough room for a few loose ones, So here is what I have out loose.

I have a question for all the monster high fans. What was your first Monster High doll? Mine was Lagoona Blue

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post

Staff Of Ka, I'd be most grateful if you could pick me up a Toralei. I still haven't seen one Spectra in my area yet. Lucky for me a friend found one out of state.
    sure! no probs buddy!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Well yesterday after going to 6 different stores and coming up short I caved in and bought an Abbey on ebay. I can't wait any longer.

Then of course today I went shopping at Kohl's and on a whim stopped at their minuscule toy department and there on shelf sat one Abbey. Ughh. So I bought her and ended up giving it to my neighbor's 6 year old daughter who's been looking for one as well for a while. The look on her face alone was worth it. Hopefully this will give me some good karma somewhere down the road. Now I just have to wait a few days for mine from ebay to arrive.

Staff Of Ka, I'd be most grateful if you could pick me up a Toralei. I still haven't seen one Spectra in my area yet. Lucky for me a friend found one out of state.
    Dang, I went to Kohls today by me (in Pennsylvania) and no Abbeys. I did get a Spectra two weeks ago at Kmart, but they no longer have her. I also checked ToysRUs, Boscovs, Claires, Justice, SMart Toys, and Spencers. They all carry Monster High, but no Abbeys...
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I just missed Abbey by minutes for you today VZX! Our TRU got a brand new shipment and either the workers or a customer snagged it, I was in the store about 15min after it opened and saw the Abbey wave unpacked and the case box on the floor so I know it was just put out.

I will try again tomorrow, we have 4 Kohls so I will look there and see if the weekend got some new stock

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    I have a question for all the monster high fans. What was your first Monster High doll? Mine was Lagoona Blue
    Wave 1 Clawdeen
    Last edited by markatisu; November 7, 2011 at 09:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I have a question for all the monster high fans. What was your first Monster High doll? Mine was Lagoona Blue[/SIZE]
    I got Lagoona, Frankie and Draculaura, then went back the next day for Clawdeen and the two-pack. So kinda all of them!

sure! no probs buddy!
    Thanks a lot!

I dont have alot of room for my collection either..Here is a part of my collection that I could fit in one photo, the rest are in boxes in another part of my extra room

I'm so jealous of your collection.

My first figure was the SDCC Frankie. I bought it for my ex but ended up loving it myself. After I returned home from San Diego, I went out and bought Lagoona and Draculara. Then I had to go buy another SDCC Frankie off Ebay for the ex since I kept the other one.

The line wasnt launched in Australia for a year after the US so I odered Frankie,Clawdeen,Drac and Lagoona from BBTS as soon as they got em (Cleo & Deuce were on backorder so they came a few months later!), then when they arrived I decided Clawdeen would be 1st open...and shes stil one of my top 3 MH figures!

[/CENTER]

Top 3 Dolls

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I got Lagoona, Frankie and Draculaura, then went back the next day for Clawdeen and the two-pack. So kinda all of them!
    I did pretty much the same thing. After I got Lagoona I went back and got the rest. I am glad I did because they were hard to find last year. I had never even heard of MH I was on my way to the Action figure section at TRU and I always cut across the Girls section and there they were and I was hooked. I didnt find out about the webisodes until much later..

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead
    My first figure was the SDCC Frankie. I bought it for my ex but ended up loving it myself. After I returned home from San Diego, I went out and bought Lagoona and Draculara. Then I had to go buy another SDCC Frankie off Ebay for the ex since I kept the other one.
    That was Cool of you!! Have you seen the prices of the BW Frankie on Ebay??? I am glad I got mine last year pretty cheap.

The line wasnt launched in Australia for a year after the US so I odered Frankie,Clawdeen,Drac and Lagoona from BBTS as soon as they got em (Cleo & Deuce were on backorder so they came a few months later!), then when they arrived I decided Clawdeen would be 1st open...and shes stil one of my top 3 MH figures!
    What Are your other ones?? I know is tough!! I am Pretty sure Toralei will make it to the list, Spectra is so close. I guess we will have to make it a TOP 5 List

Mine are 1 wave Lagoona(or pretty much any Lagoona)
    Dead Tired Clawdeen
    Dawn of the Dance Draculara

What are Everyone else's top 3 MH Dolls?

What Are your other ones?? I know is tough!! I am Pretty sure Toralei will make it to the list, Spectra is so close. I guess we will have to make it a TOP 5 List

What are Everyone else's top 3 MH Dolls?
    Yeah It is a tough decision, I had to go look at my collection to remind myself!

(I also NEVER vote for Toys that I dont personally own. and as I only have the 'Signature' dolls,DT and DOTD sets plus the two SDCC dolls, thats all I can choose from!)

So Faves are in order

1.Deuce
    2.1st Ed Clawdeen
    3.Spectra

(bubbling under -DT Clawdeen,DOTD Ghoulia,Holt,DOTD Frankie) I have DOTD Draculaura at a freinds house in the USA, he bought the set for me, but hasnt shipped it yet! Cant wait!

aj

[/CENTER]

Thanks, Mark...I might try to hit the other Kohls by me.

Is Toralai in the US stores yet?

BTW: I like how the Clawdeen the comes with the bed has clawed-hands. They are different from the original Clawdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Thanks, Mark...I might try to hit the other Kohls by me.

Is Toralai in the US stores yet?
    Nope, the cases first showed up in Australia. They should make there way here soon but stores will be burning through prior cases before Christmas. I would expect to see a lot more Abbey before seeing Torelei here

On that note Toys R Us added the single Clawd Wolf and the Beach Gil to their inventory this week so I expect those will hit store shelves shortly.

BTW: I like how the Clawdeen the comes with the bed has clawed-hands. They are different from the original Clawdeen.
    Yeah I actually think they changed her hands with the Dawn of the Dead Clawdeen
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

My favorites are:

1. Abbey Bominable
    2. Ghoulia
    3. Draculaura from the Clawd two-pack
    4. Draculaura first issue
    5. Lagoona first issue

The first Frankie is a close 6th! I know a lot of people are crazy about Spectra, but for whatever reason, I was underwhelmed by her. I mean I love them all, but some are stellar and others are just okay.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Yeah I actually think they changed her hands with the Dawn of the Dead Clawdeen
    Yeah I Love her new hands! Hers and Abbeys are my fave 'Female hand's

Clawdeens DOTD Hands are sculpted fingerless gloves! but normal fingers not Claws!

Thats honestly one of the things that puts this line head and shoulders above 99% of other collections! Just when you assume that all the bucks are identical you find a new sculpted piece that just blows it all out of the water!

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 8, 2011 at 06:11pm.

[/CENTER]

I saw that Toralei has been spotted here in the USA, So far here are the states she has been spotted in. Since I am in CA I have not found one...Yet but There has been a sighting..This weekend would be a good time to search all your TRU.

SIGHTINGS:

NEW YORK

NEW JERSEY

PENNSYLVANIA

IL

MD

FLORIDA

UTAH

GA

I am pretty sure they were all found at TRU and she is at least 2 per case and there seems to be more spectra's and Abbey's in the case as well.
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; November 9, 2011 at 07:52pm.

Cool! cos I am honestly disgusted at my Fellow 'Aussies' who have been hording them and Scalping them on Ebay for anything upto $200.

Real collectors cant find em, cos they have all been ransacked by Scalpers!

[/CENTER]

Cool! cos I am honestly disgusted at my Fellow 'Aussies' who have been hording them and Scalping them on Ebay for anything upto $200.

Real collectors cant find em, cos they have all been ransacked by Scalpers!
    I heard that in the "Aussie" cases she came three per case(a unconfirmed rumor), So that was some serious Scalping going on. Hopefully Now that they are showing up here in the US. It might cut the Scalping some..Her Price has dropped some on Ebay as well.
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; November 9, 2011 at 07:59pm. Reason: spelling

Cool, makes sense since TRU just added single Clawd and Gil to their inventory that they would be getting newer cases with Toralei

I will have to keep my eyes peeled now

I just hit TRU, Walmarts, Kmarts, and Targets by me, and no Abbeys or Toraleis. Damn.

BTW: I made a huge pyramid with extra carpet remnants complete with booby traps. Me and my daughters had an "adventure" of locating and meeting Cleo de Nile for the first time. It was quite elaborate: Lagoona, Clawdeen, and Deauce followed a map, found the Book of the Dead under a statue of Anubis in an oasis, found the pyramid, and dodged traps and scarabs, and then dealt with the curse of the mummy Cleo! Of course, Deuce was the one to bring her around to being "almost good." The whole while, they had to lug around Lagoona's hydration station.

I know it may not seem cool for a grown man to play with dolls, but I love spending the time with my girls. I find it so much easier for me with Monster High than a typical Barbie doll. I love this line. One complaint: the rubber band that connects the legs really sucks.

Found Toralei!!! I was at the TRU in Culver City, CA on Sepulveda and they didn't have any core dolls out but I saw they had the shipper boxes stacked up above so I asked if they could open it as I was looking for the new Cat girl doll. And she was in it!! The case pack is: 2x toralei, 2x spectra, 1 clawdeen 2.0, and 1 Abbey

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Congrats, Seahawk! I can't wait to find her!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Found Toralei!!! I was at the TRU in Culver City, CA on Sepulveda and they didn't have any core dolls out but I saw they had the shipper boxes stacked up above so I asked if they could open it as I was looking for the new Cat girl doll. And she was in it!! The case pack is: 2x toralei, 2x spectra, 1 clawdeen 2.0, and 1 Abbey
    Well, with that case-pack ratio we should expect to see more of them out there. Unless those particular cases are in short supply and the scalpers scoop them up first...

Well, with that case-pack ratio we should expect to see more of them out there. Unless those particular cases are in short supply and the scalpers scoop them up first...
    I have not really seen the scalper thing come into play here, I guess its because we are in Iowa. Of course its the holidays so probably now more than ever it would happen.

At least Mattel is packing 2 of her in a case, that is better than their last 4 new dolls Ghoulia, Holt Hyde, Spectra, and Abbey

I stopped by TRU today and it ended up being a mixed bag.

No Toralei.......but I did see 2 Spectras and 3 Abbeys. Hopefully this means the new case with Toralei has hit my TRU. For the record, this is the first time I've seen Spectra and only the second time I've seen Abbey. There was no Clawdeen though.

The shelves were packed with figures so I doubt TRU will be restocking but I'm still going to stop by just in case this weekend.

VZX if you still need an Abbey I'll pick one up when I go back on Saturday.

My Abbey showed up in the mail today and she's by far my favorite. LOVE HER!

I stopped by TRU today and it ended up being a mixed bag.

No Toralei.......but I did see 2 Spectras and 3 Abbeys. Hopefully this means the new case with Toralei has hit my TRU. For the record, this is the first time I've seen Spectra and only the second time I've seen Abbey. There was no Clawdeen though.

The shelves were packed with figures so I doubt TRU will be restocking but I'm still going to stop by just in case this weekend.

VZX if you still need an Abbey I'll pick one up when I go back on Saturday.

My Abbey showed up in the mail today and she's by far my favorite. LOVE HER!
    It looks like you and I and the same Problem Bonehead. I had No Luck with Toralei where I am from either, Lots of Spectra and Abbey(First time I seen either one of these at TRU as well) and No Clawdeen so I know I didnt miss out. My stores just didnt get the right case or they put out the old ones first.. The search Continues tomorrow.... As Frankie said in todays Webisode..Never going to give up!!!

Wow, if you could get me an Abbey that would be great! My daughter would be thrilled! It's number one on her Christmas list.

The TRU by me (in Pennsylvania) has crap right now, and in low numbers. So, maybe they will be restocking soon...

I will be checking again this weekend. Here's hoping...