Page 23 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I just got a ad from Toys R Us in the mail today and it had a half page add for Monster High in it. It said that it will have Sweet 1600 Figures for 26.99 starting Dec 4. Some stores have them out all ready out but I think they were supposed to wait until the 4th. It comes with a 10.00 off if you spend 100.00 card on the front which the 4 dolls will easily go over..Plus you get a Free MH Lava Lamp if you spend over 50.00. So I going to wait until Sunday before I start the hunt for those...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Glad to hear I don't have to kill myself looking for her now.

I'm glad the Gloom Beach assortment happened. Normally, I get O.C. with toy lines, but since I had no interest in that wave (or the new beach assortment), that allowed me to sort of pick and choose. I'm mainly sticking with the main assortment and Dawn of the Dance. I'll wait until I see Sweet 1600 to decide. I don't collect any of the accessories. Too big and no room!
    I Tried to just pick and choose but once I see them I get hooked..I hear you on the room thing. I am running out of space too. I know sooner or later they are going to make some kind of big playset, Like the school or something like that. I have no idea were that is going to go. If later on you find him on sale you should take a close look at Gil he is a great add on for you collection..Also I heard a Rumor that Cupid maybe a Walmart Exclusive?? Not sure on that..

Quote Originally Posted by FLAduranie View Post
    Scored today!!! I already had Spectra, but found another today. So glad to find the new doll so fast!!
    Good score!! you can never have to many spectra's in my book. I might get another because she has a new outfit coming out, that I really like.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post

Good score!! you can never have to many spectra's in my book. I might get another because she has a new outfit coming out, that I really like.
    A freind of mine who buys multiple dolls for outfits reports that There are quite a few cosmetic differences between 1st release and later release Spectras.

She says the Face apps are Brighter (eyes,Eyeshadow etc) on later ones, and her shoes are more transparent as well.

I bought My Spectra months ago, and on the weekend I saw some in a store here, and I Swear the eyes were brighter and more defined!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    A freind of mine who buys multiple dolls for outfits reports that There are quite a few cosmetic differences between 1st release and later release Spectras.

She says the Face apps are Brighter (eyes,Eyeshadow etc) on later ones, and her shoes are more transparent as well.

I bought My Spectra months ago, and on the weekend I saw some in a store here, and I Swear the eyes were brighter and more defined!

That is interesting!! I have two so I will compare both but I got them both around the same time so I dont know if will be any changes. If I see any differences I will post a picture. If you can get any photo please post them as well.

Yeah they did change Spectra, my wife was showing me pics she found online where someone shows the differences. I prefer the one we have, the original release imho has better paint apps and is more translucent in the plastic
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah they did change Spectra, my wife was showing me pics she found online where someone shows the differences. I prefer the one we have, the original release imho has better paint apps and is more translucent in the plastic
    Can you post a link? I would like to take a look.. I didnt see anything different on mine but I think mine are too old.. I guessing the change started with the ones that came with Toralei.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Can you post a link? I would like to take a look.. I didnt see anything different on mine but I think mine are too old.. I guessing the change started with the ones that came with Toralei.
    I will ask her if she can give me the link

News came out today about 2012, next year is going to be killer for MH, 52 new webisodes and 4 Nickelodeon specials

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I will ask her if she can give me the link

News came out today about 2012, next year is going to be killer for MH, 52 new webisodes and 4 Nickelodeon specials
    Thanks... It is going to be a big year next year..I am guessing that cupid will be the villian in this one, Causing trouble with all the couples on Monster High and Making some new ones.. I bet the one after that will have something to do with Skull Shores.. Some kind of Treasure finding story. The 3rd one would be something going on at the school and the 4th would be there Holiday special...I just want to make a record of this if I am right..

OK here are pics of the Spectra's (old on the left), apparently my wife said the new one is translucent but the skin color and stuff is painted on instead of being cast in that translucent color.

Meaning there will be paint rubs over time on the new Spectra and she will end up looking crappier or invisible since she will just have clear parts

You can also see the purse and pet are different colors/clarity as well

Attached Images Attached Images

I like the changes, but I can't justify buying the same doll again.

OK here are pics of the Spectra's (old on the left), apparently my wife said the new one is translucent but the skin color and stuff is painted on instead of being cast in that translucent color.

Meaning there will be paint rubs over time on the new Spectra and she will end up looking crappier or invisible since she will just have clear parts

You can also see the purse and pet are different colors/clarity as well
    Thanks for the Pictures,, There are quite a few changes.. It looks like they tried to make here look more like the picture on the back of the box. Now the ear rings match. The lipstick looks a little lighter as well..

Did anyone see the Black and While Skull shores Frankie Stein with the short hair? Some say it is a Custom(because of the old shoes) and some say it is real( I am not sure). I really like that Hair style on dolls and on Girls in real life..

I had a very good look at the 2nd gen Spectra at the store today, The differences are Really noticable!

(I prefer Mine, shes nicer-IMO!)

and I took some pics of my Newest Girl today! Love her! (now her tails glued on!)

ka

[/CENTER]

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    New Doll posted on FB this morn:

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    That is one of the create a dolls, review samples of the 2 base create a doll sets and the 3 add-on create a doll expansions showed up today

You can look at them here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivid...n/photostream/

My favorite is the Bee add-on pack

Toys R Us website also put them up but marked them as sold out

I love them but I HATE the pink body, its jarring!

I really want the Skeleton Girl, at least she has sleeves to cover the Biceps!

[/CENTER]

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I thought that the head looked familiar when I saw (and posted) the pic this morning. I should have doen some more research

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    I thought that the head looked familiar when I saw (and posted) the pic this morning. I should have doen some more research
    Don't feel bad

I am not a fan of the multi colored body parts that don't match. I am seriously going to have to use my paint on these because the unmatching parts just look hideous

I'm sure everyone here already knows this, but there is a 2012 calendar for Monster High. I saw it at a calendar store at the mall the other day.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm sure everyone here already knows this, but there is a 2012 calendar for Monster High. I saw it at a calendar store at the mall the other day.
    Yep! I have it! I was disappointed that Spectra and Abbey only appear on the cover and first page though.

Attention Australian orgers, your Targets have 2 new dolls featured in their upcoming 12/8-12/14 Target sale catalog

http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.a...two&gotopage=1

Attention Australian orgers, your Targets have 2 new dolls featured in their upcoming 12/8-12/14 Target sale catalog

http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.a...two&gotopage=1

http://images.lasoomedia1.com.au/ima...s_0042ac4b.jpg
    Whooo Hoo! We is on it!

[/CENTER]

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Is there a list of everything that's been released so far. I think there was a link posted in here to a wika page even I might've posted it or my brother even lol. But it seems there's been a huge push in stuff the last doll I got was the first issue Spectra and I still need a second ugh along with the new version. And four new cartoons and 52 webisodes for next year awesome. Come on Mattel make an animated series to go with the webisodes.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Is there a list of everything that's been released so far.
    Go here:

http://mlparena.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=274988.html

And four new cartoons and 52 webisodes for next year awesome. Come on Mattel make an animated series to go with the webisodes.
    I doubt they will make a animated series, they get 1 million + hits on the webisodes and they have started airing them in between other shows on Nickelodeon. Its just cheaper with better exposure to keep doing the webisodes and compliment them with the specials.

Oh wow, new characters. Great looking dolls, too. Those Create-A-Monster sets look real nice. Gonna have to go body hunting for bodies that fit the skin colors or else they'll just look like mix match dolls or dolls in costumes.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I picked up the 1600 Dolls at Walmart for $22 each last night, still expensive but not too far off regular line price of $19. Each store is supposed to get 1-4 cases (depending on store size), 2 out of the 8 Walmarts we have put them out yesterday so I expect next week they should be widely available

I also put a Toralei up on the marketplace if anyone is needing one for xmas, just asking cost or even cheaper if I debox her for you

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well my g/f just had an encouter with a scalper at TRU. She was looking at the MH display and saw I think it was an Abomindable Snowman girl and when she went to look at it a girl ran up, snatched it right off the shelf just before her hand grabbed it and yelled, "THIS IS MINE BECAUSE I AM SELLING THIS RIGHT NOW ON EBAY FOR $200!!!" and ran over to the checkout lane.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.