Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

  1. #576
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    is that one worth $200? i saw an abominable at walmart last night for $12.97.

    while we were there we (my wife and i) picked up torelei and spectra. $20 each.

  2. #577
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well my g/f just had an encouter with a scalper at TRU. She was looking at the MH display and saw I think it was an Abomindable Snowman girl and when she went to look at it a girl ran up, snatched it right off the shelf just before her hand grabbed it and yelled, "THIS IS MINE BECAUSE I AM SELLING THIS RIGHT NOW ON EBAY FOR $200!!!" and ran over to the checkout lane.
    Well it is nice to see the Christmas shopping Nuts are out in full force..It is worth about 35.00 to 45.00 plus shipping right now for the first one and the price for a Skull Shores Abbey is even lower. I dont even think there is a single monster high doll that would sell for that much Right Now.. Even the B & W SDCC Frankie is not that high yet..

    I picked up some Sweet 1600 dolls so far, and they are really are Sweet!! Done really well. I cant wait to see what Cleo,Abbey and Ghoulia wore to the Party!!

  3. #578
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Even the B & W SDCC Frankie is not that high yet..
    Almost though, I have seen a few go this month for $165... still kicking myself for passing on a few this summer that were $60
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  4. #579
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Almost though, I have seen a few go this month for $165... still kicking myself for passing on a few this summer that were $60
    If I had bought her off of Ebay right after SDCC 2010 when she was going for around $35-40, I'd have probably started collecting this toyline. On the one hand, I'm sad I passed on her. When I think of all the money, which I don't have, that I would have spent on Monster High, I'm kinda happy I held off.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  5. #580
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,744
    Boy these dolls sure cause a frenzy!! I just found the Sweet 1600 dolls and all of the Skull Shores. Wal-marts are getting cardboard displays for X-mas. These displays have all the Skull shores and Spectra/Abbey cases. Be on the look out they won't be in the regular doll aisles.

    I really love these dolls and enjoy buying them for my niece.

  6. #581
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Boy these dolls sure cause a frenzy!! I just found the Sweet 1600 dolls and all of the Skull Shores. Wal-marts are getting cardboard displays for X-mas. These displays have all the Skull shores and Spectra/Abbey cases. Be on the look out they won't be in the regular doll aisles.

    I really love these dolls and enjoy buying them for my niece.
    not sure if all walmarts are getting those displays. one out of three i checked yesterday/today had it. the others had the new figs, but they were mixed with their christmas toyland aisles and/or in their regular spots.

  7. #582
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    not sure if all walmarts are getting those displays. one out of three i checked yesterday/today had it. the others had the new figs, but they were mixed with their christmas toyland aisles and/or in their regular spots.
    It probably depends on store sizes, the bigger ones will get the displays while the smaller ones just get the stock.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #583
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It probably depends on store sizes, the bigger ones will get the displays while the smaller ones just get the stock.
    actually...lol...the store that had the display was one of those that's not quite a super center (has groceries and everything but tire/lube) while the actual super centers did not.

    it might be up to the toy managers? /shrug

  9. #584
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    actually...lol...the store that had the display was one of those that's not quite a super center (has groceries and everything but tire/lube) while the actual super centers did not.

    it might be up to the toy managers? /shrug
    Yeah I think a lot of it depends with the management, I know when I worked with Walmart (I was a 3rd party contracted IT person) they had a lot of displays in the back and it was up to the regional manager to decide what stores put out what, which was based on volume of sales for each store.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  10. #585
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of it depends with the management, I know when I worked with Walmart (I was a 3rd party contracted IT person) they had a lot of displays in the back and it was up to the regional manager to decide what stores put out what, which was based on volume of sales for each store.
    now that i think about it, those other two stores didn't have a ton of the new figs. just a few remaining from those cases. it's entirely possible they got a case early and are now waiting for the new case w/ display. /shrug

    anyway, just be sure to look all around. walmart can be sneaky.

  11. #586
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Well it is nice to see the Christmas shopping Nuts are out in full force..It is worth about 35.00 to 45.00 plus shipping right now for the first one and the price for a Skull Shores Abbey is even lower. I dont even think there is a single monster high doll that would sell for that much Right Now.. Even the B & W SDCC Frankie is not that high yet..

    I picked up some Sweet 1600 dolls so far, and they are really are Sweet!! Done really well. I cant wait to see what Cleo,Abbey and Ghoulia wore to the Party!!
    Yeah. The girl is so lucky though because if I had been around, she would have been leaving the store with a red cheek as I would've smacked the **** out of that *****.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  12. #587
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    is that one worth $200? i saw an abominable at walmart last night for $12.97.

    while we were there we (my wife and i) picked up torelei and spectra. $20 each.
    It's worth whatever people are willing to pay, but I can tell you, I get multiple phone calls a day looking for Abbey. She's the "hot one" right now. I think Spectra's been out long enough that most people have her and not enough people know about Toralei yet.

  13. #588
    Master of Physics VZX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,909
    Has anyone seen Draculaura's car in the stores yet? I think it's supposed to be part of the Sweet 1600 line, so if those are out then the car can't be far behind.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

  14. #589
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Has anyone seen Draculaura's car in the stores yet? I think it's supposed to be part of the Sweet 1600 line, so if those are out then the car can't be far behind.
    Not yet but it has to be coming soon, it's her big present I think lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  15. #590
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    I actually found the Dawn of the Dance Ghoulia and Lagoona! I'd pretty much given up on finding them. There were just one a piece and no Deuce, so I don't know if they received a shipment of them and they were all that was left or if maybe they were returns. (That happens a lot! It used to happen with Justice League Unlimited, which was the ONLY way I was able to get The Cheetah and one other set.) Anyway, over all I like them. I've never been bowled over by DoD, but they're nice. I prefer Lagoona between the two. I LOVE her shoes and the net and seaweed touches and the bubble earrings and necklace! Mine has a slightly askew mohawk, but I wasn't about to mess with it. Ghoulia falls a tad flat. There's just not a lot to her. She's one of my absolute favorites in the line in general, but this one doesn't have much going on, so while Lagoona has all the references to the water and such, Ghoulia's just wearing a regular dress. Her shoes are the only zombie reference I can discern.

    So, I'd give Lagoona a B+ and Ghoulia a B-.

  16. #591
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Duece is actually my favorite from the DoTD line

    Oh and we found out something yesterday and confirmed it online from other collectors, the 1600 line of dolls seem to have a lot of errors. The ones we just got had 2 right shoes on Draculaura and 2 left boots on Clawd. We read other people having 2 left hands and other "issues" with wrong parts

    So if you find the 1600 line of dolls just make sure you look close at your doll, till this point Mattel has seemed to avoid the Quality Control issue that often plagues their lines but for the 1600 series it seems to have been hit at least for the initial cases of the dolls
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  17. #592
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Oh and we found out something yesterday and confirmed it online from other collectors, the 1600 line of dolls seem to have a lot of errors. The ones we just got had 2 right shoes on Draculaura and 2 left boots on Clawd. We read other people having 2 left hands and other "issues" with wrong parts

    So if you find the 1600 line of dolls just make sure you look close at your doll, till this point Mattel has seemed to avoid the Quality Control issue that often plagues their lines but for the 1600 series it seems to have been hit at least for the initial cases of the dolls
    I guess we found out where the MOTUC "Shoulder police" ended up working. Now I am off to check my 1600 dolls. Thanks for the Heads up. I am thinking they rushed these a little bit to get them out before Christmas..

    I also saw on the TRU Website that they have Monster High Cleo Vanity Set
    for sale. So that must be on it way soon... I dont like how TRU send its packages. So I will wait untill I see one in person before I pick it up.. I really like this one it will add alot to my Cleo display section..
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; December 11, 2011 at 05:11pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #593
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Duece is actually my favorite from the DoTD line
    I agree, hes beautiful!

    My next Fave DOTD is Ghoulia, once I washed and styled her hair she just stood head and shoulders above the rest!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  19. #594
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    Have they said anymore about the movie? I'm wondering if it will take as long as the MOTU movie is.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  20. #595
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Have they said anymore about the movie? I'm wondering if it will take as long as the MOTU movie is.
    Last I heard its coming in 2013, that was the update a few weeks ago

    There is a difference, the MH movie exists and will come out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  21. #596
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,721
    I was extremely lucky. All my 1600 figures were perfect! I'm really happy with this whole line.

    My Walmart got the shipper in but they used it to fill the shelf since it's been empty for about 2 weeks straight now. In case anyone is wondering, the Draculaura Skull Shores figure is not in the Walmart shipper.

    I ordered Cleo's Vanity off TRU's website over the week end. $32! Ouch! But I really wanted it so I bit the bullet. I should have it by Friday!

    Target has tons of the wave 2 DotD figures is anybody is looking for them. All 3 Targets by me have tons.

    The Frankie Skull Shores figure is rumored to be in a second wave of these slated for the spring. The black and white one floating around is rumored to be a retailer exclusive.

  22. #597
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Man the 1600 dolls at Walmart is like winning the lottery, some have them in mass and others have nothing and not even shelf/display space
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  23. #598
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,025
    Seeing this thread recently reminded me to check, while I don't collect the line. I do like the look of Torelai. Saw an Abby and was tempted but walked by as I did a mom and her daughter picked it up being one of the ones she didn't have so at least I knew it went to a good home.

    Now to just look on occasion.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  24. #599
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,629
    Canadian's your Toys R Us is featuring these in the newest ad so be on the lookout

    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #600
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    400
    I found the both Create-a-Monster Starter Packs Today at TRU. They are 26.99. I didnt find any of the add on Kits....YET!!

    I am really looking forward to getting the Next Wave.. I hope we get some store sighting soon..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •