Page 27 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Cupid showed up last night at Walmart's in Rhode Island.

Guess its a Valentines Day figure since its going to hit most stores in Jan

I love her story and role in the school as the School Radio host, automatically think of Delilah the relationship/love host on many FM soft rock stations at night (yes I am know I am old by saying that LOL http://www.delilah.com/main.html)
    Cupid is starting to pop up on Ebay she looks way better then the first pictures we saw. I like the Radio angle as well. Is Cupid a Confirmed Wal-mart Exclusive? Which isnt great for me because I dont live close to any Wal-Marts. I also saw the Black and White Skull Shores Frankie is showing up on evil bay as well. Do we have any details on that one yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Cupid is starting to pop up on Ebay she looks way better then the first pictures we saw. I like the Radio angle as well. Is Cupid a Confirmed Wal-mart Exclusive? Which isnt great for me because I dont live close to any Wal-Marts. I also saw the Black and White Skull Shores Frankie is showing up on evil bay as well. Do we have any details on that one yet?
    The girl who posted the picture of Cupid said there was no sticker or sign that she was a Walmart exclusive so we will just have to see if she shows up elsewhere.

The B&W SS Frankie I assume is just rotated into the waves, she appeared this past week at an online store my wife found that was giving her away if you bought a set of 1600 Dolls...needless to say she sold out in under a day
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Looks cool, though its weird that they used the 'Ghoulia' Head sculpt, Id think Draculaura would suit better!

(actually strange the reused a sculpt at all...Doesnt bode well!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Looks cool, though its weird that they used the 'Ghoulia' Head sculpt, Id think Draculaura would suit better!

(actually strange the reused a sculpt at all...Doesnt bode well!)
    This doesn't bother me. I was actually under the impression that they all had the same head already until you pointed out that there were differences!

I picked up two of the build-your-own doll sets and Gil today. I usually don't buy the more basic dolls, but he was too cool to pass up! I just hope maybe they put out a better outfit for him. I was actually tempted by a couple of the girls too! I just love Abbey period and Lagoona looked great too! But I was strong! Lagoona and Gil are short packed at one a piece, with Abbey and Ghoulia packed two a piece.

My girls had a big Monster High Christmas this morning. Wow, are they spoiled! Reminds me of when I got a truckload of MotU one Christmas as kid. Anyway, we got my girls Abbey B, Toralei, Spectra, Clawd/Draculaura 2-pack, Draculaura coffin bed, Holt Hyde, Abbey snowboarding outfit, and Ghoulia comic outfit.

They were ecstatic!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

My wife had a nice MH Christmas, I got her the 2 create a dolls and the add-on Skeleton pack. Then we got some MH from my Secret Santa here at the org so she has decided to take the dolls from that and use them
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

My wife had a nice MH Christmas, I got her the 2 create a dolls and the add-on Skeleton pack.
    ha! that's what i got my daughter.

what a rip. the 2 pack create a monster only has one body and one wig. so you can only create one at a time!
    Last edited by EldestSon; December 25, 2011 at 09:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    ha! that's what i got my daughter.

what a rip. the 2 pack create a monster only has one body and one wig. so you can only create one at a time!
    Yeah, its an entire money grab. That is why I got my wife the 2 because its so limited.

The add-on packs also stink as far as options, they really want you to spend $$$ to assemble 1 doll!

Here was her stash

The Create A Monster packs are going straight back to Target tomorrow! They are super lame with the mismatched body colors and their fashions are way cheap! Luckily their packaging is such that you can actually put everything back together the way it comes to begin with. Just awful! DO NOT BUY THESE!

also, the ears for the were wolf are a pita. they are hair clips so they move with the hair and get pulled down. not to mention, it's a pain to make them even on her head.

they do have pegs tho so i'm thinking it would work better if i poked holes through the hair and head

So if you get all of the create a monster packs I think there are three can you then create all of the monsters shown on the packs??
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    So if you get all of the create a monster packs I think there are three can you then create all of the monsters shown on the packs??
    There are two starter sets, Vampire/Sea Creature and Werewolf/Dragon. Then there are three "booster" packs, Three-Eyed Ghoul, Insect (bumblebee) and Skeleton. So if you bought them all, you could make all the monsters on the packaging, just like one at a time. I haven't seen the boosters, but the starters only come with one torso and one wig, so if you wanted to make both the Vampire and Sea Creature, you've have to buy two sets. But even so, their skin color is all mismatched and awful looking. And the boosters don't have torsos, so you have to buy the starter to make them. But once again, if you want all of the "characters" the Vampire, Sea Creature, Werewolf, Dragon, Insect, Skeleton and Three-Eyed Ghoul, that means you have to buy SEVEN starter kits and the add-ons! That's absurd for such ugly dolls! I hate the look of them with mismatched skin colors and their clothes are super cheap and boring. They remind me of those Barbie outfits that come on cards for like 99 cents. Seriously, these are ONLY for completionists!

I saw the two starters and a booster or two. I think the boosters had a head, wig, arms and legs. No body.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I saw the two starters and a booster or two. I think the boosters had a head, wig, arms and legs. No body.
    Yup the bodies are only available in the big sets, its almost cheaper to buy a bunch of Gloom Beach or Dead Tired for $10-12 and use their bodies then to buy 6 extra sets of the BAF

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    There are two starter sets, Vampire/Sea Creature and Werewolf/Dragon. Then there are three "booster" packs, Three-Eyed Ghoul, Insect (bumblebee) and Skeleton. So if you bought them all, you could make all the monsters on the packaging, just like one at a time. I haven't seen the boosters, but the starters only come with one torso and one wig, so if you wanted to make both the Vampire and Sea Creature, you've have to buy two sets. But even so, their skin color is all mismatched and awful looking. And the boosters don't have torsos, so you have to buy the starter to make them. But once again, if you want all of the "characters" the Vampire, Sea Creature, Werewolf, Dragon, Insect, Skeleton and Three-Eyed Ghoul, that means you have to buy SEVEN starter kits and the add-ons! That's absurd for such ugly dolls! I hate the look of them with mismatched skin colors and their clothes are super cheap and boring. They remind me of those Barbie outfits that come on cards for like 99 cents. Seriously, these are ONLY for completionists!
    or kids that like to mix and match and aren't as bothered by skin not quite matching.

i know as a kid, if i had a create-a-master (or any action figure) set i would have flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    or kids that like to mix and match and aren't as bothered by skin not quite matching.

i know as a kid, if i had a create-a-master (or any action figure) set i would have flipped.
    Heh! Kids never even enter my mind. It's a bunch of tiny pieces, so most kids would lose them all in an hour or so.

My biggest issue, other than the clashing colors, is the cheapness of their clothing. The core dolls have such killer outfits, that they are at least half of their appeal! They are all so unique with really clever accents. The Create a Monsters just come with flimsy, cheap, generic clothes. If you could actually "create" monsters on par with the main line, I wouldn't think twice about buying seven starter kits and the three boosters, but they're just awful. Pass!

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    The girl who posted the picture of Cupid said there was no sticker or sign that she was a Walmart exclusive so we will just have to see if she shows up elsewhere.

The B&W SS Frankie I assume is just rotated into the waves, she appeared this past week at an online store my wife found that was giving her away if you bought a set of 1600 Dolls...needless to say she sold out in under a day
    Just saw Cupid @ Wally's tonight, she's tagged as 1600 but she doesn't include the "Key" that the others have ..... that's a pretty big indicator that she's an Exclusive.

In other news: nowinstock.net lists 2 sets that I have not seen/heard of before: Create a Monster - Gargoyle and Vampire Boy and Create a Monster - Witch and Cat Girl.

Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    Just saw Cupid @ Wally's tonight, she's tagged as 1600 but she doesn't include the "Key" that the others have ..... that's a pretty big indicator that she's an Exclusive.

In other news: nowinstock.net lists 2 sets that I have not seen/heard of before: Create a Monster - Gargoyle and Vampire Boy and Create a Monster - Witch and Cat Girl.

Did I miss something?

These were listed on TRU's website a few weeks ago and then TRU pulled them along with all the other CAM packs.

Mattel has never "officially" announced these so far. A well known Mattel source though has confirmed that these will be out soon.

Yep. Angelic Dreamz. I have ordered from them before.

It's a "small retailer" exclusive. Mattel did a very small run of these. If you look closely she's a "bare bones" release...no accessory and reused shoes. I just hope that somewhere down the line Mattel does a color version. I really like the short hair on her. There's a rumor of a second wave of Skull Shores to be announced at Toy Fair so hopefully she'll be in it.

Our last minute truck came in today (big snow storm knocked out the interstates etc). Saw the sweet 1600s, was debating getting a Dracualara from that set then saw a Spectra and thought I should look around and now I have a Torelai.

Question do they still put out the standard dolls (wave ones etc) or do they only put out the new themes?

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Question do they still put out the standard dolls (wave ones etc) or do they only put out the new themes?
    Yes Target and Kmart both got Wave 1 of the original dolls in December, but if you are waiting you might want to get them sometime soon as that wave is almost 2 years old

check secondary stores like big lots and tj maxx.

Thanks for the information.

I wasn't really planning on waiting, it was more if I could still find them sense I had only looked casually. I don't have a TJ Maxx and K-mart and Big Lots are in the middle of store holiday clean up and putting out the 11th hour shipments that didn't make it. Basically saw the plush and role play stuff, so I will probably have to check back over the next couple of days.

Sweet 1600 and Draculaura's car arrived at my Target. I passed on both. No sign of Cupid, but I could have missed her. Or she's exclusive like everyone's saying. I know at least one of the cars got bought and all but one Clawd and one Clawdeen were gone by the time I left on Tuesday.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Bonehead- Thx for the info!

I forgot to add, the Wal*Mart I referenced above had TONS of the car (It's FREAKING BAD ASS btw) as well.

Nothing new at Kmart, Wal-mart has a fresh Skull Shores with two of those Abbeys, and a set of five cupids.