Page 39 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 975 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

  1. #951
    Heroic Warrior Nekk-ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,082
    I was at my local Wal-mart today, and they had a bunch of the SS Frankies in that were $4.13. I picked up a second one for display. They won't last long at that price, especially if Scalp-or has his/her way with them, and puts them on Evil-bay for a ridiculous amount.

    I would also love to see some of the other characters in black and white as their standard colors. Would make the swimsuit/pajama variants more interesting.

  2. #952
    Awaiting Spinwit! Swift Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    On a farm, near a road in Ohio
    Posts
    3,665
    Ugh.... I have been hunting for Meowlody/Purrsephone as well as the Howleen/Clawdeen sets but no luck. Does anyone have any clue how long it takes for a Toys R Us to get an item back in?
    Mattel I demand the following:

    Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,


    My Facebook, check it out!

  3. #953
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Ugh.... I have been hunting for Meowlody/Purrsephone as well as the Howleen/Clawdeen sets but no luck. Does anyone have any clue how long it takes for a Toys R Us to get an item back in?
    Toys R Us gets trucks here every Thursday, as for Target I think Wonderboy can tell you since he works there (I think he does anyway)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  4. #954
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Targets vary. My store normally gets trucks Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but we haven't gotten Monster High dolls in in over a month. There's a spot for the Werewolves pack but they've never arrived. The only stuff we have is Draculaura's car, the art sets, the dress up skirts and wigs and the Skull Shores dolls. But delivery days vary from store to store.

  5. #955
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Targets vary. My store normally gets trucks Monday, Wednesday and Friday, but we haven't gotten Monster High dolls in in over a month. There's a spot for the Werewolves pack but they've never arrived. The only stuff we have is Draculaura's car, the art sets, the dress up skirts and wigs and the Skull Shores dolls. But delivery days vary from store to store.
    I checked out Targets today and all were sold out of the 2 pack with the scanner saying no more in the back, glad I got the sets I did earlier as I had a feeling this would happen.

    Sometimes I really do wonder if its artificial shortages, I mean 3 1/2 years in you still cannot be underproducing the product
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  6. #956
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,571
    Well, if you're Mattel... seriously, they only seem concerned with Barbie and Hot Wheels. It's ridiculous, because they're just leaving money on the table, but that's how they think.

  7. #957
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Well, if you're Mattel... seriously, they only seem concerned with Barbie and Hot Wheels. It's ridiculous, because they're just leaving money on the table, but that's how they think.
    Which is so odd even from a business standpoint because last fiscal quarter Monster High became their #1 earner in total revenue and profits. There is absolutely no reason Monster High should see the shortages it does, that is why I think this far in its by design to keep the line hot in the mind of consumers.

    But yet they ship like 500 different skus of Barbie that never move and never sell
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  8. #958
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Man, even little girls are getting disappointed in Mattel's distribution. There was a family at TRU yesterday and they were going to buy their daughter a few dolls for her birthday, but they had nothing. Her dad asked the employee there if they have had any in the back because they have been looking for the snowgirl (Abbey) and Operetta since before Xmas for her, as those are the two she has really wanted.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  9. #959
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Man, even little girls are getting disappointed in Mattel's distribution. There was a family at TRU yesterday and they were going to buy their daughter a few dolls for her birthday, but they had nothing. Her dad asked the employee there if they have had any in the back because they have been looking for the snowgirl (Abbey) and Operetta since before Xmas for her, as those are the two she has really wanted.
    Yeah I see ads on Craigslist all the time here from parents begging scalpers for dolls for their kids birthday, its sad to read because you know that even if they get the doll it is going be some extortionist pricing
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  10. #960
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,958
    Wow! Thats bad! I was interstate on vacation earlier this week and saw dozens of Operettas! I even found a 1st wave Draculaura!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.


    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  11. #961
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    I stopped by a Walmart this morning, they had about 30 B&W Frankies

    I wonder if every store will be like that or if they just sent the whole area's order to this one Walmart lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  12. #962
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,903
    Checked last night and this morning, I had to take back a bike lock that someone changed the combination on. Last night we had just gotten a set of Skull Shores with Draculuara, a fresh Operetta/Nefera Case. This morning We had 1600 dolls minus Claud. Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday mornings look to be the time for me to check. The bad problem is, it's not an issue when my store gets truck but when the put stuff out.

    Still looking for a black and white Frankie. I do hope that all stores get that many, and this isn't another goof like Cupid.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  13. #963
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Checked last night and this morning, I had to take back a bike lock that someone changed the combination on. Last night we had just gotten a set of Skull Shores with Draculuara, a fresh Operetta/Nefera Case. This morning We had 1600 dolls minus Claud. Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday mornings look to be the time for me to check. The bad problem is, it's not an issue when my store gets truck but when the put stuff out.

    Still looking for a black and white Frankie. I do hope that all stores get that many, and this isn't another goof like Cupid.
    I think I am going to go back and get 5 or so in case its a cupid situation I can help orgers out, they are only $4 or so

    I took a pic and sent it to my wife, it looks like a truck threw them up on the shelf lol
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #964
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,903
    Just went back and they had put her out, a lot of her in fact.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  15. #965
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Just went back and they had put her out, a lot of her in fact.
    Yeah see what I mean, its like a dump truck of dolls compared to what normally comes in. I have a feeling this is the "Easter" doll but Mattel just has not called it that. Its low price point and large amount of stock just scream holiday exclusive
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  16. #966
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah I see ads on Craigslist all the time here from parents begging scalpers for dolls for their kids birthday, its sad to read because you know that even if they get the doll it is going be some extortionist pricing
    Yeah, that is unacceptable. Not the parents, just the fact that they have to resort to means like this because of scalpers. I might be a hard core collector, but to be quite honest, if I had an item in hand and there was a kid that looked like he/she was really wanting that item I have in my hands, I would hand it over. I can always get another one later on, most kids will only get it if they have it right then and there.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  17. #967
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    7,903
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah see what I mean, its like a dump truck of dolls compared to what normally comes in. I have a feeling this is the "Easter" doll but Mattel just has not called it that. Its low price point and large amount of stock just scream holiday exclusive
    I counted 23, so one was probably already gone for 24 at least. I wonder if this has something to do with why they haven't had many dolls out, their entire factories were busy making this one.

    Also of note while she comes with no accessories she does come with a stand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Yeah, that is unacceptable. Not the parents, just the fact that they have to resort to means like this because of scalpers. I might be a hard core collector, but to be quite honest, if I had an item in hand and there was a kid that looked like he/she was really wanting that item I have in my hands, I would hand it over. I can always get another one later on, most kids will only get it if they have it right then and there.
    I just went back to pick up a couple up for my girlfriend and she has a lady she was looking for also (for her daughter). A little girl came up while I was counting them, I stepped to the side a bit while I picked up the extras I was getting.

    My stores are real bad about getting a single case of DC, Marvel etc. So I have to get them when I see them, a few times I have seen a kid with the figure I wanted which I was thankful it went to a kid and not some fill in a bunch of blanks.
    Last edited by wyldman11; March 30, 2012 at 04:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  18. #968
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    Monster High apparently is going to make Panthro available via the Panther Boy Create a Monster



    And Ghost Girl is basically Spectra with red hair

    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  19. #969
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Monster High apparently is going to make Panthro available via the Panther Boy Create a Monster
    Oh Man, It is a dead ringer for a young Panthro, I guess the Thundercats fans will still have something to buy since the show/toys are not doing to well.

    Does anyone have a guess on what the MH SDCC Exclusive is going to be? I am going to go with Abbey

  20. #970
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    The MH Exclusive will be announced at the same time the MOTUC one is in April or May on Matty

    But I would guess Abbey also since the last 2 years its been the fan fav (2010 Frankie/2011 Ghoulia)

  21. #971
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,879
    Well, I took the Monster High plunge last night...I stumbled across the Hydration Station at TRU. I had never seen it in the store, but always thought it looked awesome. So when I saw one on the shelf, I couldn't resist.

    I haven't opened it yet, but I will soon!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  22. #972
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Monster High apparently is going to make Panthro available via the Panther Boy Create a Monster

    http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/74...03_300X300.jpg

    And Ghost Girl is basically Spectra with red hair

    http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/74...02_300X300.jpg
    Are they actually going to sell these with bodies? It is kind of pointless to sell body parts without bodies.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  23. #973
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Are they actually going to sell these with bodies? It is kind of pointless to sell body parts without bodies.
    I hear ya, and thats why I havent bothered with any CAM sets, I want all the dolls complete. Though I do know that a Fellow Aussie Jem collector is casting her own Torsos in the various set colors. and selling em. I So want the Skeleton girl and the New Ghost girl!

    ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.


    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  24. #974
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,549
    There is 2 male specific build a doll starter sets coming with the torsos

  25. #975
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    388
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Well, I took the Monster High plunge last night...I stumbled across the Hydration Station at TRU. I had never seen it in the store, but always thought it looked awesome. So when I saw one on the shelf, I couldn't resist.

    I haven't opened it yet, but I will soon!
    Welcome to the addicting world of Monster High Dan!! I was only going to buy the original set and now I have at least 50 and counting How Freaking Awesome would it be if Pixel Dan did Monster High Reviews!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The MH Exclusive will be announced at the same time the MOTUC one is in April or May on Matty

    But I would guess Abbey also since the last 2 years its been the fan fav (2010 Frankie/2011 Ghoulia)
    Yeah Abbey is Hot right now and would be a great choice. Have you seen on Ebay how much the SDCC Exclusives have jumped up in price in the last 6 months? BW Frankie is around 250 to 300 and Ghoulia is 150-175 Wow, I am glad I got both when they came out!! I wonder what happened with Sarah Screams the one that won the fan vote last year??? I have not heard any information on her? Maybe she will be the 2012 SDCC Exclusive? but then again you can really trust Mattel Fan votes can we?
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; April 1, 2012 at 04:49am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •