Page 42 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I honestly just wish I could find a full list, with pictures, of what's been made. The official site has NOTHING concerning the toys... which is really just kind of odd for a company site about a toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I honestly just wish I could find a full list, with pictures, of what's been made. The official site has NOTHING concerning the toys... which is really just kind of odd for a company site about a toy line.
    http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Dolls
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Robecca Steam is so freaking AWESOME! I like the idea of these gals but most fall flat for me EXCEPT (Frankie, Ghoula, Spectra, Lagoona, Venus, & Rochelle...) I guess that's most of them though anyhow...
    Is it me or are the new designs better, they seem more creative?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Robecca Steam is so freaking AWESOME! I like the idea of these gals but most fall flat for me EXCEPT (Frankie, Ghoula, Spectra, Lagoona, Venus, & Rochelle...) I guess that's most of them though anyhow...
    Is it me or are the new designs better, they seem more creative?!
    I think the designers are finally getting a feel for the line, they were hesitant to expand past the core 5 characters originally. Its why the boys have articulated wrists now and they are doing more and more things to make characters unique (instead of just reusing all the same parts like a lot of Mattel lines)

That said I am really pumped for Robecca, I think the the others are cool and will be glad to have Jackson's Signature doll to go with Holt but Robecca is my most anticipated figure since Abbey
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I think the designers are finally getting a feel for the line, they were hesitant to expand past the core 5 characters originally. Its why the boys have articulated wrists now and they are doing more and more things to make characters unique (instead of just reusing all the same parts like a lot of Mattel lines)

That said I am really pumped for Robecca, I think the the others are cool and will be glad to have Jackson's Signature doll to go with Holt but Robecca is my most anticipated figure since Abbey
    I saw her and got excited again about the line! Way too many variants for my taste...but they sell. lol
    Them I saw Venus and was like okay maybe they are gonna really make something outta this line not to mention Rochelle. The 6 I like are enough for me. 2 a year, for me, is enough for this line...so many toys so little room...the girls stay in a closet (toy closet) on the top shelf.
    I have to be honest...the guys in the line SO underwhelm me. I so want to like Gil but that Vinyl head cap with the scals just puts me off. I would like a solid sculpt for the head! We'll see I guess...
    The limited quanities and KILLER resale on this line kinda puts me off too...I guess thats part of the allure though.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

I agree 100% with that whole statement!

Robecca and Jackson are my 'Grails' now all I need are signature Cupid and Gil and Im a Happy chappy!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

lol u can buy a presale of Robecca for $119.00 OR you can buy a case of Series 4 basics for $279.00 (no Jackson though).
    1 X Abbey
    1 X Rochelle
    2 X Venus
    2 X Robecca

$46.50 a doll...that is kinda crazy though...I may do it and resell a Venus & Robecca & Abbey...I could almost get the ones I want for free then! I don't think I would have a problem getting rid of them lol

lol u can buy a presale of Robecca for $119.00 OR you can buy a case of Series 4 basics for $279.00 (no Jackson though).
    1 X Abbey
    1 X Rochelle
    2 X Venus
    2 X Robecca

$46.50 a doll...that is kinda crazy though...I may do it and resell a Venus & Robecca & Abbey...I could almost get the ones I want for free then! I don't think I would have a problem getting rid of them lol
    Sadly enough that is the going rate for new dolls

In secondary...

At retail they are only $25.00 (which is still high). I got my first MH dolls at Walmart Black Friday ($10.00) first wave basic so now I am WAY spoiled...

MOTUC I will spend $20+ because...I put them out and "play" with them sometimes. The girls are just there because I think they are cool to look at. I keep them with the bands in their hair for fear of jacking it up! lol
    They are super fun and I love the fact they made something "weird, odd, freakish" and made it a must have item...I think thats GREAT!
    I cannot imagine having a kid wanting these to play with...I know I would be the dad in the toy isle evey day 2xs a day looking for these dolls!
    More power to those of you who have to go through this for your kids!!

got the $4.00 B&W franky today, i love her

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    1 X Abbey
    1 X Rochelle
    2 X Venus
    2 X Robecca

where the heck are they on sale like that?
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I am looking forward to Robecca as well, She is going to be a hot seller no doubt. I mean how cool are the Rocket Boots!!! Everyone I know that collects MH at least wants two( one to open and one to keep) I am in the same boat. I Just hope they make enough of them...Her Pet Captain Penny is Fantastic as well.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    1 X Abbey
    1 X Rochelle
    2 X Venus
    2 X Robecca

I just showed this to my g/f and she said she is about ready to just give up on collecting this line, as it just isn't worth it to her.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mattel really, really needs to get on the ball with production. Release more of the first wave stuff(and frankly, coddling sellers who push stuff on eBay is not something any company should do... if some eBay seller can't move their Clawdeens for $100 each anymore, too bad!) and bump up the production numbers by at least 30%. this isn't a movie-based action figure line, this is a line that consistently sells.

I think they should outfit pack the signature outfits after a time, and just keep them on the shelves. You can then buy one of the cheaper dolls and put it on her/him. They kind of did it with Cleo's jump suit, but they should just put the whole outfit in there, missing the blue portion and the ear rings is annoying. Skip the journal and other extras. I can understand a color change on certain items like the ear rings.

And I won't complain about opening the MH dolls again, I finished off opening my original release Winx yesterday (started way back when but I stopped then I remembered why). Double sided tape is not fun.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think they should outfit pack the signature outfits after a time, and just keep them on the shelves. You can then buy one of the cheaper dolls and put it on her/him. They kind of did it with Cleo's jump suit, but they should just put the whole outfit in there, missing the blue portion and the ear rings is annoying. Skip the journal and other extras. I can understand a color change on certain items like the ear rings.

And I won't complain about opening the MH dolls again, I finished off opening my original release Winx yesterday (started way back when but I stopped then I remembered why). Double sided tape is not fun.
    I suppose that could work, but there do tend to be changes to hair and such. Not only in hair style and cut, but Clawdeen seems to get a new hair color with each doll.

Kmart has black and white skull shores Frankie for 4.13, just got back. They also had about 20+ of her.

And the hair thing is the biggest problem with my suggestion, especially for Clawdeen since most of the other dolls just have a different cut to the hair.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

For me Clawdeen has some of the least appealing outfits. I know others who feel the same way, but then end up with all the dolls of a series except her then decide to go back and try to pick her up to complete that set.

And by least appealing some aren't bad just not as good as the others. Her signature doll I just see so many girls dressed like that where I live it just feels over done to me, but for me and others it's her best outfit (barring the dead tired, which all are pretty comparative, even the swimsuit dolls are like that).

Also for some reason I remember sporty dolls tend to do as well and she is kind of billed as the sporty one (Lagoona being not seen as sporty for some reason).

There could be another issue, but I would think that wouldn't be a problem with a doll line like this. But she did seem to move pretty quickly where I am, so maybe it is an issue. That would require regional sales to know though and ethnicities of those areas.

Also as I recall Draculuara and Frankie tend to be over made, but also tend to be two of the more popular characters.
    I agree. The first doll actually struck me as looking a tad street walkery. I think she suffers from the same problem as Cleo and Nefera, she looks too much like a normal human. Her skin color is a normal tone. She just has ears. Frankie, etc. are much more fun looking.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Mattel really, really needs to get on the ball with production. Release more of the first wave stuff(and frankly, coddling sellers who push stuff on eBay is not something any company should do... if some eBay seller can't move their Clawdeens for $100 each anymore, too bad!) and bump up the production numbers by at least 30%. this isn't a movie-based action figure line, this is a line that consistently sells.
    Its seriously not a production issue, they are already doing 3x what they were in terms of volume compared to 2010. If scalpers are buying up all the dolls that is just the nature of the market. It is their #1 line, a bunch of people already got fired for mismanaging the production at the beginning of 2011 so I think they are probably on top of how much they sell through and what is needed

The amount of stock on the shelves last year between July and October was absolutely ridiculous, if you go back in this thread you will see some of us musing that maybe Mattel shipped too much. Then Christmas happened and made a lot of us look stupid

With that said I found Rochelle this morning at Walmart, someone had gotten Jackson shortly before I got there so I will have to keep trying!

The movie is supposed to come out next year and their first direct to dvd comes out at Halloween this year. I wonder if they will re-release the Wave 1 signature dolls then like how DCUC has the All-Stars and MOTUC has He-Man and Skeletor year round

It is their #1 line, a bunch of people already got fired for mismanaging the production at the beginning of 2011 so I think they are probably on top of how much they sell through and what is needed
    Is that true? No second chances in the toy industry I guess. As someone who was trying to find fulltime work after being downsized a few years ago, that kinda makes me sad.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Is that true? No second chances in the toy industry I guess. As someone who was trying to find fulltime work after being downsized a few years ago, that kinda makes me sad.
    Not when you are blamed for leaving $3m on the table by not having gotten enough to your retail partners in Christmas 2010. That Christmas is was the #1 toy at TRU and was featured on shows like Regis and Kelly as the hot toy to get....and there was little product on the shelf to be found (and at this time it was only the 1st Wave so its not like it was 20 dolls or so)

You don't have the luxury of second chances when stock holders blame you for losing millions which is what happened

So I go back to K-mart to pick up an extra Frankie in case I want to dress her up, pick up a Draculuara and Abbey Skulls shores. I get home and Notice something different about the back of the Draculuara box, then turn it around.

drac___identity_crisis_by_wyldman11-d4vbjab.jpg

LOL that is great QC there Mattel

I should put her out with my General Rattlor who thinks he is Tri-Klops from the 200x line. Or is it Tri-klops who thinks he is a snake man...

It's cool and tend to keep those packaged like that, however I was picking her up to open in case I found an outfit I liked for her. I opened my other SS Drac to go with my opened SS Frankie.

I should put her out with my General Rattlor who thinks he is Tri-Klops from the 200x line. Or is it Tri-klops who thinks he is a snake man...

It's cool and tend to keep those packaged like that, however I was picking her up to open in case I found an outfit I liked for her. I opened my other SS Drac to go with my opened SS Frankie.
    Well at least the good thing about the MH boxes is if you are really careful you can open them and reclose them in mint condition. My wife does that all the time because she likes how the boxes look