Page 50 of 130 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

There are also 2 version of Abbey's fashion. One has her in a pink skirt and ice skates the other has her in purple. I bought my wife the purple one earlier this week

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Sweet 1600 is "currently in stores", as in he seems to be no longer in the case assortments that are being sent out according to sightings
    Yup he was pulled out of the latest cases, just like Gil was pulled from the latest shipments of Skull Shores.
    Last edited by markatisu; April 26, 2012 at 07:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Whoo Hoo! 50 Pages!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Movie mayhem!
    I found a TON of these today at a store in NYC... but they had them all marked up to $30?! :-( If anyone needs Operetta, Gargoyle, Abby Bominable, Jackson, or Nefera and the... create a monster pack with the dragon for that much though let me know I can get it for you. Also they had Hydration stations galore for $60.

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    I found a TON of these today at a store in NYC... but they had them all marked up to $30?! :-( If anyone needs Operetta, Gargoyle, Abby Bominable, Jackson, or Nefera and the... create a monster pack with the dragon for that much though let me know I can get it for you. Also they had Hydration stations galore for $60.
    $30 is not too bad, its 35% markup over Walmart but Walmart buys in massive amounts to get the cost lower. Most stores MSRP would be $23-26
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    $30 is not too bad, its 35% markup over Walmart but Walmart buys in massive amounts to get the cost lower. Most stores MSRP would be $23-26
    So maybe I should get them? ugh... Just seems like so much. We don't have Walmart around here though. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    So maybe I should get them? ugh... Just seems like so much. We don't have Walmart around here though. :-(
    I guess it depends how much you want to pay for a doll, for example if I was to pick it up for you the figure would cost total about $32-33 to buy it and ship it via paypal.

So finding them in person is usually always preferable to buying them from someone else because of the ridiculous cost of shipping in 2012 ($5.50-9 per doll depending on distance via USPS)

I can't believe they're already releasing the new fashion packs!

I still haven't found the last wave. I desperately want that Spectra pack.

My neighbor found a wave 1 Clawdeen and Lagoona at Mejier yesterday. If you need Wave 1 check Mejier if you have one nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I can't believe they're already releasing the new fashion packs!

I still haven't found the last wave. I desperately want that Spectra pack.
    They criminally undershipped the Spectra fashion wave, I saw some of them at Kmart a week or so ago but they want $10 each vs Walmart $7 price

Lagoona is most def. my favorite one...

Yeah...I would pay the 30.00 in store vs. e-bay!

I have to say...I am not digging the fashion packs. They just seem to underwhlem me (maybe I have to see more pics of the actual doll in it).

I will say looking at Wlydman's pics...the Ghoulia outfit looks pretty cool and def. think the shoes are rockin!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Lagoona is most def. my favorite one...

Yeah...I would pay the 30.00 in store vs. e-bay!

I have to say...I am not digging the fashion packs. They just seem to underwhlem me (maybe I have to see more pics of the actual doll in it).

I will say looking at Wlydman's pics...the Ghoulia outfit looks pretty cool and def. think the shoes are rockin!
    Some are better then others, I would say for every fashion pack there is at least 1 really good one and then the others are take it or leave it.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Whoo Hoo! 50 Pages!
    Who ever thought it would ever get this high!!! Lets keep it going we have a lot of cool stuff coming out this year to talk about!!! It would be also pretty cool if we could see more pictures of everyone collections...

Some are better then others, I would say for every fashion pack there is at least 1 really good one and then the others are take it or leave it.
    And I think the comic club outfit was the one for that set.

I would say for this current set both Abbey's and Operetta's are nice, the others are meh. Clawdeen's is pretty standard Clawdeen outfit for her, Frankie's isn't bad, and Lagoona's I could see someone liking it but not to my taste. I would have picked up the Operetta one but I currently don't have plans on opening an Operetta, but the outfit is tempting.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Mattel just announced their SDCC Exclusives, but the MH is not ready yet so we will have to wait on that reveal

Mattel just announced their SDCC Exclusives, but the MH is not ready yet so we will have to wait on that reveal
    What a Rip!! I have been waiting for that reveal the most!! I hope they dont wait until the Next "13th" date before they tell us. What ever that doll is going to be it will be Mattel SDCC Exclusives "Hot Ticket" This year. Since the MOTU one is kind of cool an I will get one but I could see alot of people passing on it.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ok.......Lets have some fun! What are guesses for the SDCC Exclusive???
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I think it will be one of the following

-Some version of Abbey
    -The Invisible Man's Son that we saw on 4/1

The past 2 years it been the most popular doll in the line (Frankie then Ghoulia), if that is the case then Abbey is definitely the choice as she was so popular they had to put her BACK in the new case ratios

But last year they showed us the 3 dolls we could have voted on, which means they have no problems with new characters. I would love the Headless Principal

Draculaura with Valinteen Two Pack
    Abbey with Heath Burns Two Pack
    Frankie Stein in Safari outfit ( like what she wore in the Skull shores flash back)
    Frankie Stein Dressed as She-ra or any Monster High/Princess of Power cross over..

I think it will be one of the following

-Some version of Abbey

-The Invisible Man's Son that we saw on 4/1

I would love the Headless Principal

Complain about not being able to find Spectra Fashion Pack....next day find one at TRU.
    Last edited by Bonehead; April 27, 2012 at 11:33pm.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So my local TRU was unboxing 40 something Black and White Skull Shores Frankies today to put on the shelves, but they wanted $16 for her, so I decided to pass.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I stopped at my local TRU this morning on my way to work. I got there just as the doors were being unlocked and there were 4 people waiting and all of them went right for the Monster High stuff. I was looking for LEGO minifigures but I noticed as I passed the MH section that it must have been stocked up. After looking at LEGO for a few minutes I went back to MH and there were only 2 figures left and some of the B&W Frankies. They did have the Hydration Station though. I saw a couple with 6 to 8 figures in their cart. These MH dolls really are a popular thing, I was surprised.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    These MH dolls really are a popular thing, I was surprised.
    That's an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    I stopped at my local TRU this morning on my way to work. I got there just as the doors were being unlocked and there were 4 people waiting and all of them went right for the Monster High stuff. I was looking for LEGO minifigures but I noticed as I passed the MH section that it must have been stocked up. After looking at LEGO for a few minutes I went back to MH and there were only 2 figures left and some of the B&W Frankies. They did have the Hydration Station though. I saw a couple with 6 to 8 figures in their cart. These MH dolls really are a popular thing, I was surprised.
    Dolls that came out go for 3xs there retail on...well,,,everywhere but retail stores (when u can find them). Mattel def. did right with this line making them feel so exclusive and hard to get! Its fun trying though!

Some Cupid variation
    An Abbey variant
    Jackson and Holt two pack.
    Skull Shores Cleo and Clawdeen

A four pack of the males in their 'club' outfits.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Dolls that came out go for 3xs there retail on...well,,,everywhere but retail stores (when u can find them). Mattel def. did right with this line making them feel so exclusive and hard to get! Its fun trying though!
    Well only if you are desperate enough to pay 3x the price or live in a really really bad area in terms of scalpers. I wish it went for 3x retail, I could take more vacations but even when I get a high offer its usually never more than 2x and that is with shipping included. People see the eBay prices and don't realize eBay takes 10% off the sale, then 3% for paypal (which they own) then often times you are on the hook for shipping. So a $55 doll sale means you get about $35 when all is said and done for a doll you paid $24 after tax for. Its profit but not 3x profit

That is also probably the reason you see these people buying 6-12 dolls at a time, if they can't move that much at once they virtually make nothing. It screws us as fans but trust me they are not rolling in money as much as people would imagine.....well unless its the store Exclusives then yeah they are making off pretty lol

That is why I think the scalpers in my area (if there are any) just go for the high and quick turn over. Meaning the week a doll is released they snatch it up when they might actually get the ebay sale for 70 bucks for the doll.

The problem though is I see many similarities to World of Warcraft auctioning. There is this idea that someone bought it for X amount of markup once, people will always buy it for that much and then complain when people aren't buying up their product. What is great is when they go into their econ 101 crud about how what they are doing is the best thing.