Page 52 of 130 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Yep, I thought it was a plastic 'Headband' before I got her, but in person its actually a plait twisted and gelled into a heart! Its really well done, but I wanted to try and restyle her hair to be closer to the proto. Im gonna hafta buy a second one to try that!
    You will have to let me know how it goes, the first hurdle would be to loosen the hair I guess (is it gel, glue?). Amazing they do such detailed jobs on the hair in this line when Barbie has such crappy generic hair
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You will have to let me know how it goes, the first hurdle would be to loosen the hair I guess (is it gel, glue?). Amazing they do such detailed jobs on the hair in this line when Barbie has such crappy generic hair
    I will hafta get that second Cupid 1st!lol

As for the hair...yeah they do some amazingly intricate hair styles, and usually its all Gel. The problem is getting one with 'intricate' hair that isnt smooshed or something, Operettas 'Victory Rolls' are really hard to get a good one over here, many are messy in the box, Mine wasnt perfect but she was the best on shelf!

Cupids hair is a plait from her Right ear up and over and secured over her left ear, where it opens and is gelled into her hair.

Toralei was another one with 'Helmet' hair, and I wasnt Brave enough to wash it out in fear of losing her 'Stripes'. But last week I managed to get her 'Cinema Fashion' on ebay so bought a Spare Doll to redress and took the plunge, I Didnt wash her hair out (I may one day) I just brushed it to break up the gel. Has more body but still has her stripes they are just very faint!

and someone asked about the Fashion packs, I only have three but I think they are awesome (Ive actually used the wave 3 Cleo outfit to replace the boring 'Signature Cleo' outfit!)

aj
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

generally speaking any doll with short hair is going to have the helmet hair. All the dolls have the gel, I had clump in one of the Skull Shores Abbeys I got that amounted to a shoe lace strand in the midst of the rest of her loose hair. What I think is going on is the dolls are supposed to get a certain amount regardless of hair length so dolls with short hair end up with the helmet hair.

Toralie's problem is it would seem the black spots in her hair are put in after the gel is placed so when the hair is loosened from the gel it no longer is all in one place to get it that darker black look. What made me realize this was when black and white Skull Shore Frankies hair didn't change when I brushed out the gel. It looks just the same.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post

Toralie's problem is it would seem the black spots in her hair are put in after the gel is placed so when the hair is loosened from the gel it no longer is all in one place to get it that darker black look. What made me realize this was when black and white Skull Shore Frankies hair didn't change when I brushed out the gel. It looks just the same.
    Yeah I brushed out Frankies hair too, Love it!

ka

[/CENTER]

I went to a couple Wal-marts here in mid-Michigan and they have gotten more Cupids on the shelves. I even convinced a woman at the local store to pick one up for her daughter. She was on the fence, but I said it might be a good idea to buy it, then keep it hidden until her daughter does something good enough to earn it as an unexpected reward (I know I would have loved something like that as a kid). She was looking for Rochelle, too, but they never last a day on the shelves. Fortunately, they seem to be getting regular shipments, so I'm sure she'll have an opportunity to get one of her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I went to a couple Wal-marts here in mid-Michigan and they have gotten more Cupids on the shelves. I even convinced a woman at the local store to pick one up for her daughter. She was on the fence, but I said it might be a good idea to buy it, then keep it hidden until her daughter does something good enough to earn it as an unexpected reward (I know I would have loved something like that as a kid). She was looking for Rochelle, too, but they never last a day on the shelves. Fortunately, they seem to be getting regular shipments, so I'm sure she'll have an opportunity to get one of her as well.
    And Rochelle is the next shipment/wave so she will be around. Its Jackson that is being phased out in the next shipment just as Clawd and Gil were phased out of Shipment 2 of their sublines

Also I think Walmart "finally" got their entire shipment of Cupids, 2 months late but they finally made it off the secret boat I guess

Now if Target and TRU could get back in stock their exclusives, I saw several stores get 10+ of the Howleen 2 pack and then nothing, same with TRU Werecats
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

And Rochelle is the next shipment/wave so she will be around. Its Jackson that is being phased out in the next shipment just as Clawd and Gil were phased out of Shipment 2 of their sublines

Also I think Walmart "finally" got their entire shipment of Cupids, 2 months late but they finally made it off the secret boat I guess

Now if Target and TRU could get back in stock their exclusives, I saw several stores get 10+ of the Howleen 2 pack and then nothing, same with TRU Werecats
    Now I'm glad I followed your advice from an earlier post, Mark, and bought a Jackson when I had the money for him this week. He doesn't "Wow!" me much, but I do think he looks better than the Gloom Beach doll. Not sure why, because it seems to be the same sculpt, but he does.

Bring on Venus, Robecca, and the new CAMs!

Robecca Is my Grail this year!

Actually...this is the Year of the 'Misfits' with Venus,Robecca and Rochelle standing in for Pizzazz,Stormer and Roxy!

[/CENTER]

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I got a Dead Tired Ghoulia today, potentially for trading for one I'm looking for... it was literally the ONLY doll I could find out of the 6 stores I checked today. I've never seen such a drought before, even when I barely paid attention to them I saw them quite often. I figured I could pick it up and someone else may need it, and may have one of the ones I need. At worst I just keep it, even though it' snot the signature Ghoulia it's not really a bad version.

I really love DT Ghoulia, shes sweet! I love that they really paid attention with the DT series and made them all look clean faced and young, without makeup! and her PJs are cool!

[/CENTER]

If you remove the eye cover and replace the slippers with other shoes it'd make a passable day time set of clothes, I think.

Then I saw she comes with a small container of "Brain Puffs" food. Tell me, this IS a line of dolls primarily aimed at girls, right? NOT a "Whitest Kids U Know" comedy sketch come to life? I can almost understand why the early wave of dolls and marketing was a bit slow, they were clearly taking a big risk on whether or not this would be a hit because it's a bit of an odd theme to try and sell as a fashion doll line.

I have to agree, Dead Tired Ghoulia was the first DT one we went with and still remains one of my favorites.

Mattel really did take a chance on this line, it could have went horribly wrong and I am so glad they opted to branch out with extra characters and maintain the webisodes. I think the line is much richer with all the new characters they bring in. I do not think it would nearly be as good as it is with just the 5 core characters (Frankie, Lagoona, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Cleo)

I hafta admit that I still have 'OMG' moments, where Im happily shocked at what they get away with!

brain Puffs! were one of those moments, so are a lot of the subline titles 'Dot DEAD Gorgeous' 'DEAD Tired' etc, and the fact that they released a Coffin "bed'! seriously I LOVE this line!!

[/CENTER]

UGH...I just typed this out already (hate when I do that...)

Great pics Ka!

I would love to be able to just snip off that heart and keep the braid/head-band!

Does anyone know how Lagoona's Skull Shores hair looks (in the back) my standard Lagoonas hair got smooshed and I had to tease it out to make it look decent! I really want that head for my default Lagoona...

Do they, Skull Shores, have the elastic or ball joint (love the ball joint WAY more).

Also...Spectras fashion shoes look (IMO) WAY better than her default shoes. The Fashion Pack ones look like she formed then versus like she put shoes on (with mist coming out of them...lol).

I have noticed that the newer cases of Dead Tired all have the ball joint legs(not sure about Skull Shores). I wonder if they will change all of them going foward. The elastic joints were horrible and broke very easily. We bought an extra Abbey(basic) recently as an extra for fashion pack and she had the ball joints, our original had elastic.

I'm going to try to track down Ghoulia's fashion pack and put it on my DT body, afterwards I can possibly trade off the DT clothes to someone who wants them without having to buy the entire doll to get a shirt, pants and slippers. I know I could order one online but I'd be paying $20 just for the clothing pack which seems a bit much. I'll see if I can trade for it first. I would just check the stores but my WM hasn't restocked MH in 3 weeks, and knowing my luck that particular pack's not being shipped out anymore.

Kaiser stands only sort of work with these, if Kaiser wants to make a compatible stand they'll need to make something with a smaller ring that grabs the chest. But I prefer them to the "horribly pinch the shirt" plastic stands Mattel includes.

Standing beside Baroness. Baroness' glasses are thin metal with no lenses, Ghoulia's wide head allows for more durable plastic glasses.

"Zombies these days are nothing like the ones the Cabal used to make... consider yourself lucky."

When Cobra Commander ordered the zombie viper program, this wasn't what he had in mind...
    Last edited by diosoth; May 6, 2012 at 03:16am.

Anyone find the Coffin Bean playset or new fashion packs yet?

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Anyone find the Coffin Bean playset or new fashion packs yet?
    I found the new Fashion sets 3 weeks ago at Walmart, kept the Abbey fashion and sold the other 3 to another collector. I have not seen it since though but it should be showing up soon

Coffin Bean is reportedly hitting Kmarts over the past week or so

We got two the first week, then I think two this last week also (sets that is). I got the Abbey and then picked up Operretta's to put on a cheapy of her to display. I keep the signature dolls in their boxes.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Im planning on attempting a full restyle of Operettas hair when I get that fashion pack, I'll pick up a new Opetetta next wekk in preperation!

Great news, After a year of nothin'- BBTS is finally getting more MH stuff in for pre-order (Coffin Bean,new CAM,Dracs Car etc)

and I Ordered the School playset today! Amen!!!! I Love knowing my Pile of loot will collect stuff for me!

aj
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 9, 2012 at 07:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im planning on attempting a full restyle of Operettas hair when I get that fashion pack, I'll pick up a new Opetetta next wekk in preperation!

Great news, After a year of nothin'- BBTS is finally getting more MH stuff in for pre-order (Coffin Bean,new CAM,Dracs Car etc)

and I Ordered the School playset today! Amen!!!! I Love knowing my Pile of loot will collect stuff for me!

aj
    Yeah I saw that, I opted not to preorder since I know I will see everything they are offering for the same price. But its great for international people.

I am still torn on the playset, its just so high in price. But I know I will have to have it

Yeah I saw that, I opted not to preorder since I know I will see everything they are offering for the same price. But its great for international people.

I am still torn on the playset, its just so high in price. But I know I will have to have it
    Im justifying it by saying its to be used as a 'Display case'..... Straws being clutched at!

[/CENTER]

I haven't seen much anything locally. The week's restock only got in a bunch of DT and SS Ghoulias, nothing else. I may just order Operetta, Nefera and Ghoulia's fashion pack on Amazon, take the change there will be no QC problems, and contact Mattel if something is wrong as I hear they're good about replacing things.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I haven't seen much anything locally. The week's restock only got in a bunch of DT and SS Ghoulias, nothing else. I may just order Operetta, Nefera and Ghoulia's fashion pack on Amazon, take the change there will be no QC problems, and contact Mattel if something is wrong as I hear they're good about replacing things.
    They are pretty good at replacing stuff if they have extra in stock, with Monster High it varies as to what they have on hand. But in my experience getting a doll replaced fully 2 years after buying it they at least try really hard to help you.

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Im so happy, I found the werecat sisters for my gf tonight. the store had NOTHING but they were just eyeing me. WOO HOO!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael