Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I've heard various stories. Sometimes they want the broken doll sent back, though it seems common that they will just send a free replacement and not ask for the broken doll. Other times they arrange to send out just a replacement for the broken piece. I suppose it depends on which is more convenient for them and the specific rep you talk to at the time.

I just checked my DT Ghoulia and it has the plastic hip joints. Though the elastic jointed ones have me a bit worried if I try to get older dolls.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Im so happy, I found the werecat sisters for my gf tonight. the store had NOTHING but they were just eyeing me. WOO HOO!
    Nice Score....hopefully that means they are restocking!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Just got back from walmart looked like the had enough cases for 4 jacksons and another refresh on Cupid. Got my Rochelle and went ahead and picked up a Cupid.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah my stores got 2 cases of the Jackson wave yesterday too, I recommend anyone who wants Jackson pick him up. While he might seem plentiful now he is being removed from the next 2 waves of MH so once he is gone that is it. Just like Holt, Clawd, and Gil.

I hope these sell quickly, I want my Robecca doll from the next wave
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I bought Operetta and Nefera on Amazon this morning. I paid $42 for the pair, and took the free shipping option. I might not have them until next week or maybe early the week after but I paid about retail and no sales tax, and if I try to get them locally it might take 3 months before I spot them.

Went back and got a second Operetta to put her fashion on, I didn't like the hair they had on the upcoming releases. Either it would be under a helmet or, straight with bangs and probably cost just as much as signature.

I love how her outfits can be mixed and matched. I noticed the new Operetta's have their curls done just a bit differently then the more initial release.

Operetta mixed outfit by ~wyldman11 on deviantART

And with the rest of the girls

Operetta with her friends by ~wyldman11 on deviantART

and one of the girlfriends photos she took of her Rochelle

A Rocky Retreat by ~september1989 on deviantART
    Last edited by wyldman11; May 10, 2012 at 04:37pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO! Gil Is Mine!!!! expensive maybe...but hes mine!!!!!

[/CENTER]

Picked up the Werecats today for my wife's anniversary present. They had just gotten some in
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I sold my 1:6 Baroness custom for a good chunk of money(although compared to what it cost to assemble the thing, I only broke even), so I had a good amount of spare cash. I bought the signature first wave Draculaura and Frankie Stein dolls on eBay this morning, combined total was $76 shipped for both but they're MIB. I was afraid if I didn't buy them now, I may have to pay more later. I'm not holding much hope of Mattel re-releasing the first wave signature dolls again(they may or may not) or of finding them in stores as the sightings are rather random. Someone was also able to grab me a Ghoulia comic club fashion pack for retail so I have that as well.

I'm considering paying the money to get signature Ghoulia, though it'll be almost $40. Looks like if I want signature Lagoona it'll be at least $50, and Clawdeen I'll have to hope for a seller with a good price because the $100 and up they usually ask for is out of the question. Cleo, thankfully will only run me about $30 shipped, that's assuming I don't find one locally as I think they may have been shipping recently. And I have to consider whether to open these dolls(I have 4 MIB dolls on the way) or leave them boxed. I know some people leave their signature dolls in the boxes and open the others, and given the rarity it may be worth going this route even though I'm not usually a MOC/MIB type.

I managed to pick up the werecats yesterday for my wife, but they're the first new(ish) figures I've seen in my local stores in months.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

They are no fun if you just keep them boxed, they really shine outside the box.

MH goes like this, the dolls are super plentiful when the wave ships, once the new wave starts you have a 1-2 month window before the dolls get RARE. Its better March-Oct but once we get near November the dolls are going to sell out clear from Thanksgiving till Valentines Day.

Abbey Bominable is the only time they have re-released an old doll in a new wave, I doubt they would ever do that again.

I've heard some of the wave 1 signature dolls got shipped again not long ago, but they vanished fast. And they seem to pop up at random here and there. But it's hard to tell if those are new productions or if old warehouse stock is getting flushed. Wave 1 stuff being in warehouses wouldn't surprise me, the early start of the line probably saw limited orders and merchandise that didn't get put to stores. Though while I can pay that for older dolls, I'll hold off paying $40 for the current shipment stuff(I just don't see buying Toralei for that price when I may yet find one locally). I also probably won't get a lot of the theme dolls or fashion packs, shy of rare exception(a good looking clothing pack I can put on a cheap DT doll or whatever).

Right now, I'm considering using the last of my spare cash to order either signature Ghoulia, or go to BBTS and order that Piranacon reissue. My temptation is Piranacon, but then again, they might still have it in stock in a month's time while Ghoulia's price might go up then, and I partly suspect we'll see a flood of Piranacons at TJ Maxx and Ollie's eventually for $20, which also makes me hesitant to buy one. decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I've heard some of the wave 1 signature dolls got shipped again not long ago, but they vanished fast. And they seem to pop up at random here and there. But it's hard to tell if those are new productions or if old warehouse stock is getting flushed. Wave 1 stuff being in warehouses wouldn't surprise me, the early start of the line probably saw limited orders and merchandise that didn't get put to stores. Though while I can pay that for older dolls, I'll hold off paying $40 for the current shipment stuff(I just don't see buying Toralei for that price when I may yet find one locally). I also probably won't get a lot of the theme dolls or fashion packs, shy of rare exception(a good looking clothing pack I can put on a cheap DT doll or whatever).

Right now, I'm considering using the last of my spare cash to order either signature Ghoulia, or go to BBTS and order that Piranacon reissue. My temptation is Piranacon, but then again, they might still have it in stock in a month's time while Ghoulia's price might go up then, and I partly suspect we'll see a flood of Piranacons at TJ Maxx and Ollie's eventually for $20, which also makes me hesitant to buy one. decisions, decisions...
    The Wave 1 stuff is old stock, the case assortments were exactly the same. It all comes from main warehouses and so eventually older stock gets cleared out and ends up on shelves. The only reissue was Abbey because fans were so upset that the wave she was in was barely shipped (she came after Spectra but before Nefera and Operetta, the case barely ever came in stock due to its closeness to the other two waves).

Given my experience with MH I would say go for the Ghoulia, RARELY does an older doll ever devalue in price. I have seen Holt go as low as $35 when he showed up at a bunch of stores a few weeks back but he is right now back up to $50-70. Seeing older dolls is the exception not the rule, because you can't call Mattel and order those waves as they are discontinued.

To be honest, that Piranacon will probably still be in stock for a while and may price drop further, I can wait another 2 weeks on it. I'll just go ahead and get Ghoulia. I'll price check eBay first, otherwise I'll get it on Amazon as it's eligible for free shipping.

Monster High's Facebook was teasing their next 13th Announcement, I hope its the reveal of the Exclusive for SDCC

Only Wave 1 doll I've seen in retail around here was a Draculaura at Kmart the week after Christmas. She's sitting on my shelf now. Wal-mart has been really good at keeping the new dolls in stock, but Target, Meijers, & K-mart (along with other small retailers) really haven't loaded up on anything.

Still haven't seen any of the newest fashions. I got the Spectra, Toralei, and Cleo fashions from the last set, but just couldn't get the Frankie - I hated the stupid suspenders.

I went ahead and ordered signature wave 1 Ghoulia on Amazon. $38 but with free shipping. That gets me 3 of the wave 1 dolls, and Cleo is cheap enough I can get her next... I gather that signature Cleo is rather common partly because she came in a 2-pack with Deuce, who wasn't sold on his own, so a lot of people probably just bought it leaving them no need to buy Cleo on her own. I don't want Deuce bad enough to pay $80 for the set so I'll just pay the $30 or less for Cleo.

I'm going to keep an eye out locally for dolls, with some cash set aside for them but local stock has been poor. Though right now I'll likely just grab any "signature" doll I see, even though neither Cupid nor Jackson really interest me much. I suppose if I buy one and regret it later I can easily trade it as these are always in demand.

I went ahead and ordered signature wave 1 Ghoulia on Amazon. $38 but with free shipping. That gets me 3 of the wave 1 dolls, and Cleo is cheap enough I can get her next... I gather that signature Cleo is rather common partly because she came in a 2-pack with Deuce, who wasn't sold on his own, so a lot of people probably just bought it leaving them no need to buy Cleo on her own. I don't want Deuce bad enough to pay $80 for the set so I'll just pay the $30 or less for Cleo.

I'm going to keep an eye out locally for dolls, with some cash set aside for them but local stock has been poor. Though right now I'll likely just grab any "signature" doll I see, even though neither Cupid nor Jackson really interest me much. I suppose if I buy one and regret it later I can easily trade it as these are always in demand.
    The Signature Cleo has a different outfit and hair then the 2 pack Cleo, 2 pack Cleo also comes with her pet.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Signature Cleo has a different outfit and hair then the 2 pack Cleo, 2 pack Cleo also comes with her pet.
    Hmm, yeah, I just checked and I don't think the "webisode accurate" Cleo was even sold on its own, only in the 2-pack. And the cheap one I see at Amazon and TRU is the one without the pet and different outfit now that I actually compare them.

Well, I suppose I'll just save up and get the 2-pack. I can probably get it for $60 shipped if I luck out and shop around, but even $70 shipped isn't TOO bad
    I guess, it's only $35 per doll.

Hmm, yeah, I just checked and I don't think the "webisode accurate" Cleo was even sold on its own, only in the 2-pack. And the cheap one I see at Amazon and TRU is the one without the pet and different outfit now that I actually compare them.

Well, I suppose I'll just save up and get the 2-pack. I can probably get it for $60 shipped if I luck out and shop around, but even $70 shipped isn't TOO bad
    I guess, it's only $35 per doll.
    You could probably buy the single release and then just buy the clothes from the 2 pack and the pet. She is a very basic doll in most of her releases and not very popular.

I picked up a Dead Tired doll and put on her fashion pack, not exactly the same outfit but close enough since I couldn't find a two pack version.

Ive always hated the 1st ed Cleos outfit, so I bought the fashion pack to redress her and it looks SO MUCH BETTER!

the only thing missing is the teal overshirt, but as mark says you can pick that and Hissette up on ebay pretty cheap! Failing that I wanna buy another 1st ed set for the deuce to redress, so I'll sell the Cleo cheap complete!

aj

[/CENTER]

I sort of wish there was a much better collection of doll pictures, showing exactly what's made, in what wave/series, and when. The Monster High wiki sort of indexes dolls but not to a point I find as a useful catalog as it lacks in a lot of pictures. The MH official site has no toy index whatsoever. I have to get a lot of what I find out through browsing Amazon and eBay listings. It's annoying when amazon lists single Cleo as "with pet" when it doesn't have one, and I'm not sure of that one is "signature" or "School's Out".
    Last edited by diosoth; May 11, 2012 at 10:18pm.

I MUST OWN THIS WAVE

Monster High goes Fairy Tale

Hmmmm...

I'm not feeling that one. I am digging the concept however.

Looks like if I want signature Lagoona it'll be at least $50.
    Just hold out. I got her for 47 shipped I belive! There's always a good seller out there....I've waited 3 months for the right seller for a Hot Toys figure and I got him WAY cheaper than I would have had I just went with it!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; May 12, 2012 at 01:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost