Page 55 of 130 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Breaking News this morning, tons of retail exclusives revealed. Rumors are these will all come out for Christmas and the fact there is a Costco and JC Penney one probably backs that up

Target Exclusive Skull Shores 5 Pack
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8162/...6fb26f61_z.jpg

Walmart Exclusive Dot Dead 3 Pack
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7221/...4dcea6cc_z.jpg

Kmart Roller Maze 2 Pack
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/...0ffa5e79_z.jpg

Kohls Exclusives dolls (These are similar to the Day at the Maul boxed dolls which are just wearing the Day at the Maul fashions)
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/...7a0af368_z.jpg

Coffin Bean Costco Gift Pack w/Draculaura
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7216/...2982d510_z.jpg

JC Penney Draculaura and Roadster
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7091/...4bbe1e83_z.jpg
    Now they got us right where they want us dont they!!! I will need a seasonal Job just the buy everything!!! WOW!!! I am so happy about the Skull Shores Cleo!!! HOT HOT HOT!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Breaking News this morning, tons of retail exclusives revealed. Rumors are these will all come out for Christmas and the fact there is a Costco and JC Penney one probably backs that up

Target Exclusive Skull Shores 5 Pack
    https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8162/...6fb26f61_z.jpg

Walmart Exclusive Dot Dead 3 Pack
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7221/...4dcea6cc_z.jpg

Kmart Roller Maze 2 Pack
    https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/...0ffa5e79_z.jpg

Kohls Exclusives dolls (These are similar to the Day at the Maul boxed dolls which are just wearing the Day at the Maul fashions)
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/...7a0af368_z.jpg

Coffin Bean Costco Gift Pack w/Draculaura
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7216/...2982d510_z.jpg

JC Penney Draculaura and Roadster
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7091/...4bbe1e83_z.jpg
    #imagunnagobroke
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Facebook page just posted more pictures of the school playset.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Facebook page just posted more pictures of the school playset.
    Yoicks! I forgot, I have the pics ready to post here but forgot about em when i saw marks update!

[/CENTER]

Great Playset!! I laugh because it is near impossible to sell a Boys Playset but this MH Playset is going to fly off the shelves at christmas time. Get Yours Early!!

I wonder??? Since it has the Kool DJ Booth will Mattel re-release Holt Hyde at some point? If they dont I bet his Ebay Price will grow even higher!! Who would of thought that could happen.

Once again I just want to say the Skull Shores Cleo is fantastic, best figure of her so far!!!
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; May 13, 2012 at 08:26pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Great Playset!! I laugh because it is near impossible to sell a Boys Playset but this MH Playset is going to fly off the shelves at christmas time. Get Yours Early!!

I wonder??? Since it has the Kool DJ Booth will Mattel re-release Holt Hyde at some point? If they dont I bet his Ebay Price will grow even higher!! Who would of thought that could happen.

Once again I just want to say the Skull Shores Cleo is fantastic, best figure of her so far!!!
    I TOALLY agree about SS Cleo! she and SS Clawdeen are superb!

Ive already pre ordered the playset over at BBTS! nice to kmow its locked in!lol

I think those pics will end up on the box, they are awesome...but odd that some of the main characters aint shown.
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 13, 2012 at 08:57pm.

[/CENTER]

Not to bring gloom into it.....BUT

The only thing that really caught my eye was Operetta's new hair AWESOME look (but am not digging the dark makeup or new mask at all).

Goulia's brains skating helmet...GENIUS!!!

Too many variant for me. I have 0 variants in any toy collection.

On a happy side not...I mixed and matched the 3 new fashion packs (Lagoona, Operetta, & Goulia) with their signature clothes and have a unique look for each one now.

Operetta's fashion pack look is WAY better (IMO) than her signature!

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    As awesome as all of these are I think it's safe to say that Mattel might have gone a little bit overboard with these exclusives. I have read that the Fairy Tale and new Dead Tired assortments are also exclusives!!
    Not really, I mean its almost on par with what they have had before. Last year it was

Target Gloom Beach 5 pack, Walmart DotD 3 pack, TRU Fearleading 3 pack, Kohls/Big Lots Day at the Maul dolls. The JCP and Costco exclusives are just already existing playsets with bonus figures. Only real thing different is Kmart finally opted into the exclusive deal.

Earlier this year it was Walmart Cupid, Target Howleen/Clawdeen, TRU Werecats.

I doubt the Fairy Tale and the Dead Tired are exclusives, the Dead Tired is already a general line and Fairy Tale is similar to the 1600. None of this is officially up for solicitation yet so we will have to await the details. Mattel has done single dolls or gift sets as retail exclusives, that would be something to move an entire sub line to a store exclusive
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Im still wowed by the SS 5 pack....Usually we get 1 new exclusive doll...theres three in there! Only thing that would have made it cooler is if they had Gil instead of Ghoulia

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im still wowed by the SS 5 pack....Usually we get 1 new exclusive doll...theres three in there! Only thing that would have made it cooler is if they had Gil instead of Ghoulia
    Yeah that was not going to happen because the boy dolls among the kids are always the most unpopular (despite them being super popular with adult fans)

I was shocked as well, but I know a large part of the fanbase complained to Mattel last year about have each exclusive set only offer 1 figure in each of the sets and making people rebuy already existing figures.

We saw them start to change in the Spring exclusives of 2012 with new designs, and now they have kept that trend going.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Finished Deader Than Ever last night. Slightly spoilery review.

Unlike the previous two sequels Deader than Ever picks up months after the previous book where as the first book starts as the school year is just starting and each book takes place right as the last one left off taking no more then a few weeks to maybe a month or two for the story to happen this one starts with the school year almost at an end. Which is fine for me I wasn't a big fan of the previous sequels essentially finishing off the story started in the previous book, I generally feel a book should tell (for the most part) an open and closed story line that feeds into a bigger picture story. The RADS have fully integrated into Merston High, and even society seems to be fully accepting of them. Based on the previous story telling this would have taken a few more books to write and I am thankful they decided to not go that route.

The product placement is still there but just like the previous two books it became less and less, I think the level used in this book should have been what was used from the get go if they were going that route. Still it was distracting at times, because instead of describing what they wore we are told a brand name and colors like it was supposed to mean something.

The main plots of the story are Draculaura is trying to some fashionable shoes to come in and sponsor their school. They are the T'eau Daly shoes, T'eau a french fashionista and Daly who makes athletic shoes. The are looking to make a line of shoes for both the fashionable and athletic, and want a couple from the highschools who submit to embody this pairing. Melody and Jackson end up having a conflict, Jackson has gotten them tryouts for a sleep away camp as a music and art counselors. Melody has decided to join a retro grunge band she met while sneaking her and her sister into a club where Candace was trying to meat her college boyfriend. Frankie, Frankie is first trying to come to terms with Clawdeen's party seemed to have done more good for the RADS than anything she did, and decides for her and Brett to campaign against Cleo and Deuce and Haley and Heath. There is also a plot about a counsel made from both normies and RADS to help plan stuff for both, which only really serves to set up them having a campaign for the couple as it's never mentioned again once that is accomplished.

Frankie's plot takes a back seat to the others really. She feels different but in ways her personality more matches what we see in the webisodes, really most of the characters feel more like those characters which might be a bit jarring for those who have been reading up to this point.

Draculauara's plot becomes a conflict between her and her dad, will avoid that spoiler about why. This comes off as the A plot of the story, and I feel was the best part of the book as we have Drac dealing with dad. The resolution is a bit forced, partially because I think Lisi Harrison was going to write more books but Mattel decided this would be her last and they are going to rebrand a book series to fit more in with the Webisode versions of the story. I personally think they should do a comic series if they are going that route but other issues. Here though I will say one of the problems with the story is the lack of interaction between the characters, there just isn't much in any of the plots. Well there is it's just mostly the main character of that plot hanging with one or two characters with no interaction really across characters across the plots except for Billy and Spectre who seem to be every where.

Melody's plot. I didn't mind the idea of the conflict between her and Jackson, their pairing did come off a bit too clean despite his turning into DJ, the two did need a conflict. But that is all I can say good about this, Melody becomes a completely different character in this book. There are attempts to make it an internal conflict, but it doesn't do much. She comes out of nowhere with this dream to be a rock singer, and her voice which has been said to be gone comes back. Several times it's mentioned she is scared to have an asthma attack or something else but nothing ever comes of it. I really didn't like how the conflict becomes one sided and I don't like how it was resolved, it left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

As an endcap to the series it felt rushed, and felt more like they were trying to capture the characters from the webisodes (not a bad thing). The little interaction between characters made the story feel a bit flat. The resolutions to each story also felt flat or just didn't fit with the rest of the story. Overall the novels were OK. The product placement was often jarring, the plots often made jumps that came out of nowhere, aspects of the stories felt just inappropriate and the tone of the stories went from very series to more goofy. I didn't mind a more serious tone for novels, I don't feel the webisode style of story telling really will translate to novels as well just like I don't think it would fit well with a live action movie.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I may have to pick up that Dot Dead 3pack just for the Abbey, that is a nice variant.

So hey, my Wal-Mart finally got in something, I just got there too late... 2 Jacksons, an Operetta, and 3 Cupid! Typical that Cupid appears after I bought one on Ebay, hee hee. No Rochelle, though.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

My Target finally got in dolls for the first time since early March. I think the case pack is two X each, Nefera, Operetta, Rochelle, Jackson and Abbey. Abbey is slightly different. Her boots aren't solid fur anymore. They have hard molded plastic over her actual feet, so it looks more like hiking boots with fur from the ankles to her knees. I'm just glad she's back out there. She is the most requested doll I've seen in the entire line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    My Target finally got in dolls for the first time since early March. I think the case pack is two X each, Nefera, Operetta, Rochelle, Jackson and Abbey. Abbey is slightly different. Her boots aren't solid fur anymore. They have hard molded plastic over her actual feet, so it looks more like hiking boots with fur from the ankles to her knees. I'm just glad she's back out there. She is the most requested doll I've seen in the entire line.
    I looked at my new one and pics of the old one, then watched a review the fur is leggings that aren't attached the boots. The old version they were pulled down to the floor the new one they are pulled over her knees instead of the boots.

About 4.45 in the video she pulls up the leggings

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I think I got ripped off by Swift Wind. He said he picked up a Rochelle Goyle for me, which was planned to be my Easter present to my girlfriend (yes, he picked it up before Easter) and things did not work out, so he was supposed to mail it out two weeks ago tomorrow, and I have yet to receive it, nor has he contacted me over the last two weeks. I don't want to leave him a negative in the trader section yet, as I am still hoping he just got caught up in life, but it is getting really suspicious and frustrating since I paid him nearly a month ago.

Anyway, my girlfriend is now craving that Hydration station really badly, and nobody sells it anymore.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I think I got ripped off by Swift Wind. He said he picked up a Rochelle Goyle for me, which was planned to be my Easter present to my girlfriend (yes, he picked it up before Easter) and things did not work out, so he was supposed to mail it out two weeks ago tomorrow, and I have yet to receive it, nor has he contacted me over the last two weeks. I don't want to leave him a negative in the trader section yet, as I am still hoping he just got caught up in life, but it is getting really suspicious and frustrating since I paid him nearly a month ago.

Anyway, my girlfriend is now craving that Hydration station really badly, and nobody sells it anymore.
    Toys R Us by me had 3 in stock this morning, the shipping on it would be around $15 or so if you find someone to help. its not really that big but its the box size that kills it, they could have packed it in a much smaller box then they did.

Swift Wind was away in Houston on a film project and just had two deaths to deal with so that is probably what is keeping him behind

We still have LOADS of hydration stations over here. If no luck anywhere else I can get one, open it and repack it in a smaller box!

[/CENTER]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Swift Wind was away in Houston on a film project and just had two deaths to deal with so that is probably what is keeping him behind
    That makes me feel better. Well, not the deaths part, but that there are reasons why, which is what I was hoping to hear.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Big Bad toys has the School playset up for preorder, 94$. I hope that price isn't right, that playset doesn't look like it's worth that much.

It will be close, I think I saw retail was planning on being around $70-80. BBTS usually marks things up only a fraction because the wholesaler they buy from is pretty low to begin with

It will be close, I think I saw retail was planning on being around $70-80. BBTS usually marks things up only a fraction because the wholesaler they buy from is pretty low to begin with
    I would not be surprised if TRU Tries to sell it for 99 when it first comes out and then have a sell every once in awhile for 79.99 the real price!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    I would not be surprised if TRU Tries to sell it for 99 when it first comes out and then have a sell every once in awhile for 79.99 the real price!!!
    Yeah, that is what they did with Sweet 1600 last year (upping them to $35.97 while other stores had them for $23 but were sold out)

I wonder how it will sell, it is MH but that price point is a tad higher and its not coming at Christmas but over the summer

Ive pre ordered it from BBTS last week, BBTS usually mark everything up 50% for instance MOTUC are $35 each, the star sisters were $90.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Ive pre ordered it from BBTS last week, BBTS usually mark everything up 50% for instance MOTUC are $35 each, the star sisters were $90.
    They do not mark Monster High up 50%, the Coffin Bean retails for $31.99 so its a 8-15% markup, same goes for most of their other items. Ironically they are one of the only big time MH resellers along with Amazon, Toy Country, and Entertainment Earth.

MOTUC is marked up higher because they do not get much discount on shipping so each figures "base' price is close to what subscribers pay. When you buy Monster High wholesale you are already buying it cheap so the shipping does not even get to make it retail.

I cannot reveal what wholesale MH costs but a 50% increase would allow me to quit my day job

Yeah, that is what they did with Sweet 1600 last year (upping them to $35.97 while other stores had them for $23 but were sold out)

I wonder how it will sell, it is MH but that price point is a tad higher and its not coming at Christmas but over the summer
    I was expecting 50-60$ comparing it to similar items for Barbie and other lines which go for 40-50$, and based on the price of other play set items for Monster High.