Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    which is fine, cos I only want the gargoyle boy...whom shall be named 'Gus' or 'Gar'. so he can have the wig.....but honestly I think he would look cooler bald!
    he actually looks good without the wig!

Opened all my stuff (well, not the fashions yet) and I am loving it all!

Finally opened Operetta and Nefera, both are awesome! Nefera is just gore-geous! I knwo she's not as monster-y as the rest of 'em, but she is a beautiful doll.

Operetta looks fangtastic, loving the rockabilly vibe, and mine has pretty decent hair too!

Jackson, yay for him in his signature outfit! I want his shoulder bag in my size! His diary is the only one I've read so far and it was cool how Holt has little side comments to Jackson's entries.

Rochelle is just awesome, the detailing is so great, like the little crack in her wings and the speckle pattern to her skin, as well as her unique expression.

Werecat twins are spot on to their webisode counterparts and I love the shared diary (still have to read it though).

Also finally opened Howleen and Clawdeen. Howleen is so adorables! Love her backpack and her punky style! I put the 'gifts' from teh day at the maul fashion pack on Clawdeen and they add a lot to her outfit.

The CAMs are really cool. I know everyone gripes that you can't build 2 complete dolls, but when you think of what you get for 20 bucks, it's pretty impressive (and 2 basic dolls together are 30 at least). Compare that to a DCU fig at 17.59 (target) or the Young Justice 6" figs with bases at 19.99 and the CAMs are way more value for your buck!

Really looking forward to Venus and Robecca, as well the Puma and Ghost CAM add on packs!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

I really like the boy CAM set, I think that one is going to move a lot of units
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    we dont have the CAM sets at retail in AUS yet, but Ive heard they will be here mid year...Hope so!

and the Werecats have just turned up in TRU over here, and the Werewolves last week!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

My Target had the new witch/cat CAM set but I passed on it.

I still don't think they look that good.

I'll be picking up the boy set though cause we need more male figures in this line.

Wait...what!?!? The CAM Boy set DOES come with 2 torsos!?! A gray one for the gargoyle!?

If this is true I REALLY must get them!

The Gargoyle is so staying bald!

The Puma guy has to stay bald too!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Wait...what!?!? The CAM Boy set DOES come with 2 torsos!?! A gray one for the gargoyle!?

If this is true I REALLY must get them!

The Gargoyle is so staying bald!

The Puma guy has to stay bald too!
    Yes it does come with 2 torso's. I just bought a set yesterday
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes it does come with 2 torso's. I just bought a set yesterday
    Odd question, but do the female wigs fit the male heads? Cos I really want a long haired male character and would like to use the vamp or Puma heads.

[/CENTER]

Odd question, but do the female wigs fit the male heads? Cos I really want a long haired male character and would like to use the vamp or Puma heads.
    You know I never really tried, I would assume it would since their heads are similar. Since they are bald you do not have the same issues you have with the other guys who have sculpted heads (Gil, Holt)

They do! I put the skeleton girl pack wig on the gargoyle boy, he looked kinda like an 80s rocker, lol!

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You know I never really tried, I would assume it would since their heads are similar. Since they are bald you do not have the same issues you have with the other guys who have sculpted heads (Gil, Holt)
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    They do! I put the skeleton girl pack wig on the gargoyle boy, he looked kinda like an 80s rocker, lol!
    So he was a real 'Rock' star! lol

[/CENTER]

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Mattel really needs to sell wig packs for the CAM sets. Just wigs. They'd probably be cheap to make and sell well enough to make profit.

I did decide I'll open my dolls, but I'll wait until my pending shipments of Frankie and Laura arrive first. The boxes, despite allowing decent room to see the doll thanks to large windows(excluding wave 1 boxes) are pretty cheaply made. Thin and flimsy, and held together only by some flaps, not even a single piece of tape. They also eat up room like mad and at best I'd get 4 dolls per shelf. Being concerned with elastic breakage isn't worth it because if that stuff's going to break on its own, it'll do so if it's in the box or not. But I think that may only apply to the wave 1 dolls I bought, as I think Operette and Nefera have the new hips by default, and I just bought Abbey from the recent shipment so she should have plastic hips.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Mattel really needs to sell wig packs for the CAM sets. Just wigs. They'd probably be cheap to make and sell well enough to make profit.
    I agree and they also need Torso packs....though if they do we have a precedent to tackle TG with over his 'No Head Packs..its morbid' rubbish!lol

[/CENTER]

I did decide I'll open my dolls, but I'll wait until my pending shipments of Frankie and Laura arrive first. The boxes, despite allowing decent room to see the doll thanks to large windows(excluding wave 1 boxes) are pretty cheaply made. Thin and flimsy, and held together only by some flaps, not even a single piece of tape. They also eat up room like mad and at best I'd get 4 dolls per shelf. Being concerned with elastic breakage isn't worth it because if that stuff's going to break on its own, it'll do so if it's in the box or not. But I think that may only apply to the wave 1 dolls I bought, as I think Operette and Nefera have the new hips by default, and I just bought Abbey from the recent shipment so she should have plastic hips.
    The smaller boxes have tape over the top and bottom flaps. I find it odd they tape up the smaller boxes but not the bigger ones.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I agree and they also need Torso packs....though if they do we have a precedent to tackle TG with over his 'No Head Packs..its morbid' rubbish!lol
    But then people wouldn't buy two sets to make two separate dolls.

The boxes, despite allowing decent room to see the doll thanks to large windows(excluding wave 1 boxes) are pretty cheaply made. Thin and flimsy, and held together only by some flaps, not even a single piece of tape.
    As a packaging designer myself, I have to disagree with you. There is no tape to make it easier for the consumer to open. No matter the product, we always hear from consumers how difficult it is to get an item out of package. In MH's case, they seem to have eliminated tape on the outer cartons, used plastic tabs to hold the insert (what the doll is attached to) in place so you just have to slide your hand down one side to pop them off, then you an slide the insert out, thus making it an easy to open package. The doll itself is fairy easy to take out (aside from the heads being kinda stapled in, but that is a standard practice for dolls). All of the materials they are made out of is pretty standard, but they have a matte finish with a special gloss varnish (which due to it's detail, is probably an additional cost to manufacture). Over-all MH has beautifully designed packaging that compliments the doll and makes them look much higher-end than other brands.

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    As a packaging designer myself, I have to disagree with you. There is no tape to make it easier for the consumer to open. No matter the product, we always hear from consumers how difficult it is to get an item out of package. In MH's case, they seem to have eliminated tape on the outer cartons, used plastic tabs to hold the insert (what the doll is attached to) in place so you just have to slide your hand down one side to pop them off, then you an slide the insert out, thus making it an easy to open package. The doll itself is fairy easy to take out (aside from the heads being kinda stapled in, but that is a standard practice for dolls). All of the materials they are made out of is pretty standard, but they have a matte finish with a special gloss varnish (which due to it's detail, is probably an additional cost to manufacture). Over-all MH has beautifully designed packaging that compliments the doll and makes them look much higher-end than other brands.
    Yeah I have to agree, as someone who keeps all the boxes and opens all the dolls its super easy to open a MH box then fold it down and put it with the others. With no tape there is no way to ruin the box

And in comparison, I recently opened up my Winx collection. Ease of getting dolls out of the packaging goes to Monster High by like a a factor of 100. The head thing is the only part that sucks, but if you take some nail clippers or scissors of that size on the back of the cardboard you at least won't cut the hair.

On action figures I open there are times I want to punch some one in the face half way through. Needless to say the bread tie industry probably wants to see action figures sell well.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Happy happy dance!!!

CAM Boy comes with 2 torsos!!! Super freaking awesome!!!

Mattel did a GREAT job IMO with these new characters (Rochelle, Venus & Robecca) The CAM girls and boys are better (IMO) than the last ones!!
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I guess I'm more used to Hasbro packaging where cards are sealed and boxes taped shut with a lot of those paper ties in place. I actually miss wire ties, I would actually get use out of those after removing them but the paper ties just get cut and are of no use.

I think I'm also one of the few who seems to like Operetta's default hair style, I see lots of people complaining about it. I wonder if it's because the webisode character sheet simplified her hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    But then people wouldn't buy two sets to make two separate dolls.
    But their not going to now anyhow...the two new sets have two torsos each.

I think I'm also one of the few who seems to like Operetta's default hair style, I see lots of people complaining about it. I wonder if it's because the webisode character sheet simplified her hair?
    I dont think its the actual style or intricacy of her default style have issues with...but how hard it is to find a nice one MIB, that isnt smooshed or deformed, and its so fiddly that its impossible to fix...I know I looked at at least 14 dolls to find the least worst!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; May 20, 2012 at 07:36pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

But their not going to now anyhow...the two new sets have two torsos each.

I dont think its the actual style or intricacy of her default style have issues with...but how hard it is to find a nice one MIB, that isnt smooshed or deformed, and its so fiddly that its impossible to fix...I know I looked at at least 14 dolls to find the least worst!
    I got mine on Amazon and I think it came mostly decent, though the mask's spines seem to be shoved in a bit lower than intended as I can see them. Unless they're supposed to be inserted at the bottom edge of the black curl?

I think i got the new hair style. With it loose in the back no gel wave. It is even a bit awkward to style. It still has gel to hold loose curl but you have to rat it up to really make it stand out. for me this, the loose hair style, is better with the fashion pack. the gel wave looks better with the rock-a-billy look. The fashion pack is more pin-up style.

Operettas default clothing is okay but too casual for me. I like her in the pencil skirt. Oh and I even gave her Ghoulia's key board belt!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; May 21, 2012 at 12:23am.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I got mine on Amazon and I think it came mostly decent, though the mask's spines seem to be shoved in a bit lower than intended as I can see them. Unless they're supposed to be inserted at the bottom edge of the black curl?
    I just snapped this pic of mine, I have no idea exactly where the mask comb should sit (ive NEVER taken mine off...even though I have washed and trimmed her hair!

aj

[/CENTER]

I love the face with the mask off...her facial scars are amazing and really add something special to her, I think!

Just pull it out...you can slide it back in easy...I've done it a few times.
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

will do soon! Im buying another one on the weekend,and Im stripping her to wash and style for the Fashion set......BTW is this wave of fashions known by any actual 'collection' name?

1st was - Phys dead
    2nd was -Clubs
    3rd was (i think) -maul fashions
    4th ???

[/CENTER]