Page 58 of 130 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

The last set is an extension of Maul fashions, or Day at the Maul.

I like Operetta's scars but I also like her mask covering them being the daughter of the Phantom of the Opera. Her hair is a rockabilly issue, it's either a look you like or don't, but on top of that it's hard to deal with. Most people at least like to brush out the gel in the hair of the dolls so they don't look so plastered but when a curl is involved you run the potential to lose it. I love her hair though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I watched "Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love?" last night and thought it was pretty decent. The opening was a bit blah but it was really just her fantasy description of the party, after that it really picked up. Given the longer length they really had more room to work with the characters. And I thought the CGI would look strange but it didn't... though the character models were also much closer to the dolls, especially with the hair sitting much flatter and not being as poofy on some of them, and Operetta had her doll's hair style. Toralei also looks a bit more vicious than usual. Clawd especially got a good deal of benefit here, and we got it made clear that if anyone ever hurts Draculaura he will cut loose and go full on vicious animal.

Yeah the CGI specials are pretty good, they don't hold a candle to the webisodes

I went to 8 Targets today and all I found was 1 Cat and Witch set, all the rest were sold out so the two torso sets are proving to be quite popular. Hope that sends a signal to Mattel and retail that we might buy anything but we buy more if thought is put into it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Has anyone here actually had the elastic on older doll legs break? I'm just wondering how frequent it is... some of the reviews on Amazon make it sound like it'll happen to all of them eventually(and I highly suspect some of those reviews are shill negatives people were paid to leave... come on, you keep buying multiple dolls despite all of them breaking on you an hour after they're out of the box?) but it must not have been a huge deal if it didn't hurt the success of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Has anyone here actually had the elastic on older doll legs break? I'm just wondering how frequent it is... some of the reviews on Amazon make it sound like it'll happen to all of them eventually(and I highly suspect some of those reviews are shill negatives people were paid to leave... come on, you keep buying multiple dolls despite all of them breaking on you an hour after they're out of the box?) but it must not have been a huge deal if it didn't hurt the success of the line.
    Nope, have been collecting the line since launch and move our dolls around all the time and none of them have had a problem. We bought a draculaura that was broke in the package and Mattel replaced it free within a few days.

I have also sold countless dolls for the past year and never had a complaint that it has happened
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    But their not going to now anyhow...the two new sets have two torsos each.
    But only one set of shoes and one wig. With the boy set, most seem to think the Gargoyle looks better bald, but no one is going to want a bald girl. (Well, maybe not no one, but most...) And I don't like having one guy barefoot either. But I may have to buy fashions anyway. I don't like any of their cheap clothes.

Oh I forgot to mention, Target is running a sale for their fashions at $7.99 (normally $9.99) a few of the ones I went to today got 1-2 cases of the new Clawdeen/Abbey/Operetta/Lagoona set.

Also I must say the latest Clawdeen fashion is a crime against fashion

We put it on a spare DotD Clawdeen and it looks like the real housewives of new jersey meets MC Hammer

I think the only fashion pack I'm looking for right now is Clawdeen's school pack which may or may not still be in production. Worst case I ask someone from Ponychan to pick me one up, like they did with Ghoulia's pack. With shipping I paid only $9 for it.

I'll pick up a pack of 1/4" elastic band tomorrow, in case I do need to make any repairs. I doubt much that Mattel has any wave 1 dolls left to give out as replacements and it seems like an easy 2 minute fix anyway.

Got these today... now to go and open all 6 boxed dolls.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    wow! That pic just reminds how superb the 1st wave packaging was, high quality boxes and superb design! I have a MIB Cleo & Deuce and the box just amazes me!...will be a shame to open it...but I need Deuce for the 'Phys dead' outfit!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I found the newer boxes easier to open, the older ones had the flaps tear easier. None of the 3 had the elastic break but Ghoulia's hips are just a bit loose. I've also noticed it seems common for the left foot on these dolls to seem to not quite touch the base for some odd reason, especially with both my Ghoulias.

Nefera is about a half head taller than the rest of them.

Pet birds

-----------------------------------

I really dislike these stands. It feels like I'll damage the clothes getting those rings on and I'm almost worried that just leaving them on over a length of time will cause clothing damage. They just feel poorly designed and too tight. But there are no solid alternatives out, Kaiser stands don't work well because their rings are too wide.

And the thin pegs used for elbows and wrists? I'm not going to pull off hands or forearms unless necessary. I almost broke Nefera's left elbow trying to get it to bend- thankfully, the peg just popped out of place and didn't break.

I have to say, I like these dolls, but they have some things about them that bug me on a QC level. I know Mattel does free replacements(though the wave 1 dolls might be hard to get from them) but still... maybe if the dolls had started with something the size of the Nefera buck, or the limbs a tad thicker to allow for bigger pegs.
    Last edited by diosoth; May 22, 2012 at 05:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Found the new CAM's starter packs. I love the Witch!!! The boys are awesome too (wish they had better outfits).

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I found the newer boxes easier to open, the older ones had the flaps tear easier. None of the 3 had the elastic break but Ghoulia's hips are just a bit loose. I've also noticed it seems common for the left foot on these dolls to seem to not quite touch the base for some odd reason, especially with both my Ghoulias.

Nefera is about a half head taller than the rest of them.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j.../nef_frank.jpg

Pet birds

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ghoulia_sw.jpg

-----------------------------------

I really dislike these stands. It feels like I'll damage the clothes getting those rings on and I'm almost worried that just leaving them on over a length of time will cause clothing damage. They just feel poorly designed and too tight. But there are no solid alternatives out, Kaiser stands don't work well because their rings are too wide.

And the thin pegs used for elbows and wrists? I'm not going to pull off hands or forearms unless necessary. I almost broke Nefera's left elbow trying to get it to bend- thankfully, the peg just popped out of place and didn't break.

I have to say, I like these dolls, but they have some things about them that bug me on a QC level. I know Mattel does free replacements(though the wave 1 dolls might be hard to get from them) but still... maybe if the dolls had started with something the size of the Nefera buck, or the limbs a tad thicker to allow for bigger pegs.
    You won't break them, it may seem like you will but trust me as the owner of over 90 Monster High Dolls you won't.

Also the stands won't hurt the clothing any, I agree on the design issues but again like I just said if they damage them I would know it

The QC overall has went down but it has been that way across both Mattel and Hasbro lines, there is really no match though. One of the reasons MH is so popular is because its so much cheaper in comparison to what you get than any other comparable doll line.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You won't break them, it may seem like you will but trust me as the owner of over 90 Monster High Dolls you won't.

Also the stands won't hurt the clothing any, I agree on the design issues but again like I just said if they damage them I would know it

The QC overall has went down but it has been that way across both Mattel and Hasbro lines, there is really no match though. One of the reasons MH is so popular is because its so much cheaper in comparison to what you get than any other comparable doll line.
    Compared to Mattel's "retro action" I think they're a bargain. Think about it... retro action has a cheap body, some pretty bad clothes, little accessories, is 3/4 as tall, have no stands, and some pretty cheap packaging. I refuse to pay $22 retail costs per at TRU despite the fact I like RGB, and would all but love to own a decent Janine figure but just won't pay retail for the set to get it because I think they're just $10 toys sold at a high price. Stand them next to MH at the same price and I think the retro line is a ripoff.

Justice online store just got Toralei in stock, limit of 5 per order and if you use order code 781 to get 40% off making her $18. I assume that means the stores might be getting her in as well since that is the wave they were carrying a while back

Also Kmart online got in stock briefly the Dot Dead Gorgeous and the Roller Derby waves, so expect them to hit retail within the next few weeks.

Amazon has Rochelle and Jackson for $22 each now, both free shipping eligible($25 minimum order). Their price has held for a few days now so it'll probably be like Operetta and Nefera. I'll also keep an eye on Amazon to see if Toralei comes back into cheap stock. What's postage like through Justice? I might get Toralei there but their shopping cart has no shipping calculator and I don't want to find out it's more than I care to pay right now.

I did some work with Operetta. I used a large sewing needle to pick at the curl, splitting the glue to insert the spines on the mask higher and pulling up on the mass to cover them up, so the mask looks more like it's just attached to her face rather than the hair. By default, the spines sit in a small pit with the front curl holding the mask to the face. I also had to bend the curl forward some so the mask would rest in proper place over her eye.

Its pretty reasonable, I got 5 Toralei's tonight for some customers and my wife at Justice and the s/h was $12

That is much cheaper than the USPS for 5 dolls, its not Amazon's free s/h but its not bad for almost 5lb of MH dolls

You can find out shipping before committing to buy, just start the order and if you don't like the s/h price you can back out and remove them from your cart. Just remember to use the number code for the 40% off discount or it will say each doll is $30 instead of $18

Then again if its just $12 flat going to eBay might be better since I saw some Toralei's go recently with free shipping for $29

The problem with waiting on Amazon is they can only sell what comes in the case, Toralei came in the early Nefera/Operetta cases. They can't magically order 1 doll from Mattel, they are just selling you what comes in the case.

Since they are now on Jackson and Rochelle at normalized price the liklihood of them getting in more Toralei's is low since that case is no longer shipping at the distribution level. Not to say it won't happen but once a doll is phased out of a case it rarely shows up later (Clawd 1600, Clawdeen Signature 2.0, Ghoulia Yelps Signature are all examples)

I got the Werewolf Gals pack yesterday..... and I hafta say that the Clawdeen is one of the worst costumed dolls EVER!!! but her hairs good, so she will be stripped, styled and wait for her Fasion pack to arrive!

On the other hand...Howleen is STUNNING! seriously gorgeous, the doll itself and the colors of her outfit! WOW!!! so impressed!

I am however disgusted that she didnt even come with a stand......What a croc! I may hafta source a Cleo 2 stand loose on ebay for her!

aj

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I got the Werewolf Gals pack yesterday..... and I hafta say that the Clawdeen is one of the worst costumed dolls EVER!!! but her hairs good, so she will be stripped, styled and wait for her Fasion pack to arrive!

On the other hand...Howleen is STUNNING! seriously gorgeous, the doll itself and the colors of her outfit! WOW!!! so impressed!

I am however disgusted that she didnt even come with a stand......What a croc! I may hafta source a Cleo 2 stand loose on ebay for her!

aj
    We just used the stands from the $4 Black and White SS Frankie But yeah I agree the fact the newest exclusive sets do not come with stands is super irritating. I really hope they reconsider in these newest exclusives we have coming up

Also agree that Howleen is stunning, her sculpt is awesome and I love her backpack

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    But only one set of shoes and one wig. With the boy set, most seem to think the Gargoyle looks better bald, but no one is going to want a bald girl. (Well, maybe not no one, but most...) And I don't like having one guy barefoot either. But I may have to buy fashions anyway. I don't like any of their cheap clothes.
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before in here, but the Liv dolls' wigs will fit the CAM heads (apparently better than the pack-in wigs) and shoes from the Star Doll Barbies are supposed to work with MH, as well (will give the line a little more individuality but Star Dolls and outfits do cost considerably more since each pack includes a card for use at the website).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned before in here, but the Liv dolls' wigs will fit the CAM heads (apparently better than the pack-in wigs) and shoes from the Star Doll Barbies are supposed to work with MH, as well (will give the line a little more individuality but Star Dolls and outfits do cost considerably more since each pack includes a card for use at the website).
    Yeah the Star Dolls stuff is great, especially the shoes but the price tag is a bit high.

The Liv dolls stuff I think is going on clearance nationwide if people are looking to add some wigs to their MH collection

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I love these dolls so much. I started collecting them at the beginning of the line, but I think the line is getting too big for me to catch up on some of the ones I've missed! I've recently shifted over in to collecting just characters, not every variant. Here's a shot of my current collection, with all variants removed and placed out of shot. (basically because I ran out of room to display them all.)

You guys need to replace those horrible stands. I finally gave up on them and now use Kaiser stands. My dolls never fall over any more.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Also Kmart online got in stock briefly the Dot Dead Gorgeous and the Roller Derby waves, so expect them to hit retail within the next few weeks.
    Kmart online is horrible and I wouldn't trust their listing as a sign of those waves hitting retail any time soon.

They have a history of listing stuff way too early and then never delivering on the product. I've heard stories about them listing Transformers, Marvel Legends, DCUC, Monster High, Mattel WWE, and even Barbie stuff early. I personally ordered some Transformers years ago from them and I never got them. They never delivered any product and even didn't give me a refund after they canceled my order. I had to notify my CC company to refute the charges and get my money back.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I've only had one problem with the MH stands. The one that came with Rochelle doesn't snap together at all. It's completely useless. The rest of them I've had great luck with.
    I'm going to look in to Kaiser stands though for other dolls like the old Mattel Winx Club and maybe the new Jakks Winx.

And yeah... never trust Kmart online.

Kmart online is horrible and I wouldn't trust their listing as a sign of those waves hitting retail any time soon.

They have a history of listing stuff way too early and then never delivering on the product. I've heard stories about them listing Transformers, Marvel Legends, DCUC, Monster High, Mattel WWE, and even Barbie stuff early. I personally ordered some Transformers years ago from them and I never got them. They never delivered any product and even didn't give me a refund after they canceled my order. I had to notify my CC company to refute the charges and get my money back.
    Oh I know how bad they are, I was just pointing it out because they had the Coffin Bean online and then a week later I found two in a store. So there is some correlation between their online stock and their store shipments. But I agree I know too many people who ordered something and what came was not even close

I have a couple of stands that just wont click together -worst is GB Cleo- but on the whole I like em, but for any figure with a 'Black' stand I would happily crank out the Kaisers....

....But Personally I Really love all the 'Signature' color stands and will always use those for their specific dolls. which is why Im so irritated that Tora,Nefara,howleen,Operetta etc have boring black instead of Burnt orange,Azure,Bright blue and Purple!!!

Ive posted on the 'Official' FB page about it a few times to get it out there and always get so many 'likes' which we know is all that counts in FB world!

[/CENTER]