Page 6 of 130 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I like the concept on the base, but the doll nature of the toys plus the similarity to Bratz puts me off them a bit. I'm also not fond of rooted hair as it's "soft goods" and generally not easy to take care of nor does it look as good as sculpted hair(so says I and my annoyance with soft goods capes on 2 G.I. Joe toys I own). Guess I'm not exactly a target demographic person. I'd probably not even know of these except the aisle display at Target seemed to be very noticeable, I guess the packaging works.

Badass with a bottle Drunken Fist's Avatar
    Don't help me rationalize it, I'm already on the precipice. I really don't need to start another collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Don't help me rationalize it, I'm already on the precipice. I really don't need to start another collection.
    Well, it would be just that easy after all lol. My sister had me just order the first 'wave' and the Dance set of three, so the first seven dolls from a local comic shop through previews. Going to get the 2 pack at retail. We get a 20 percent discount on all new orders so the cost while about $2 or so higher than retail isn't all that bad considering all the time wasted hunting them down in stores or going to ebay. The only tue problem is the SDCC stuff, most of it is extremely reasonable, the bags, and comic promo etc, but the Greyscale Frankie Stein, now that's another HUGE cost heh
    Last edited by MOTUfan; October 7, 2010 at 11:17pm.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I don't know if adding monsters to a school setting is that unique though. There was a series of books I read as a kid that had all of the Universal Classic Monsters represented(at least unofficial facsimilies of them) in a grade school setting. There have also been numerous cartoons featuring young monsters over the years.
    You are right. There was a cartoon in the 80's I used to watch that was all about young monsters in school. It was funny and I loved it. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me though.

This, recent cartoon series, sounds like a similar concept as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaahh!!!_Real_Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Voice_Guy View Post
    What does everyone think of the character names? Creative, or lack of creativity? I am on the lack of creativity side of the argument, I think they could have done better. I think that they were just slapped on as an after thought.
    I have no quarrel with the names. They are very MOTU and PoP-like. I think Draculara and Mr. Loo Zar are funny. I thought the Headless Head Mistress, iCoffins and Jaundice Brothers were all hilarious and very clever.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I probably shouldn't post this, but at work (Target), we received a communication to pull all Monster High fashion dolls and put them out on Saturday. I guess there's some big re-launch or something. The email wasn't that clear. All we had in stock were the Cleo two-packs, but hopefully this means we're getting in more of the others. I keep hoping Ghoulia will pop up. Does anyone know when she's slated for release?

So anyway, if you're looking for them, try hitting Target on Saturday morning.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I haven't purchased any of these because my funds are spread on MOTUC and some other things, but in my area in Canada they have all the dolls in stock.

Zellers has:

- 4 Cleo 2-packs
    - Draculara
    - Frankystein
    (possibly more, that's all I can remember. lol)

Wal-Mart:

- Lagoona Blue
    - Clawdeen Wolf
    - Draculara

ToysRUs:

- all the new dancing dolls plus some from the first wave

Individual dolls are $19.99 and the two packs are $39.99 + 13% tax in my neck of the woods.

You can find some from the big U.S. stores online still:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10...l&viewItems=24

http://www.walmart.com/search/search...h_constraint=0

http://www.target.com/s?keywords=mon...&ref=sr_bx_1_1

I can't think of any other toy stores to check.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

My wife collects these. They are pretty cool. She found Ghoulia Yelps and Holt Hyde today at Target. Tomorrow the dolls are on sale at Target for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean79 View Post
    My wife collects these. They are pretty cool. She found Ghoulia Yelps and Holt Hyde today at Target. Tomorrow the dolls are on sale at Target for $15.
    Little warning for you, though. The ad is running but my store doesn't have any single dolls in stock. You can probably get rainchecks, but this is one of those cases where I think advertising didn't account for on hand inventory.

OK me and my wife broke down and bought these dolls, they are so addictive once you start to look at them and watch the videos online.

I went to Target and Walmart on Monday morning before work and they had a full stock of each doll, I decided to go to day and they were wiped out, 2 TRU and 4 Kmarts also sold out, online they seem to be sold out as well.

I was going to get them from Walmart online but between the time we went out and the time I came home they sold out online too

I was able to order them all from FAO Schwarz for about the same price Walmart was charging
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

YES! Scored Ghoulia and Holt today! The new case ratio is 2X Frankie, 1X Laura, 1X Lagoona, 1X Ghoulia and 1X Holt. So yeah, Clawdeen is no longer included, just heads up. (Laura was shipping 2X originally, she's the other one nixed to make room for the newbies.) I find it odd they didn't just eliminate the dupes and ship them all 1X.

Also, I highly suspect Holt Hyde was created to be a demon/devil character. EVERYTHING with him is flame/fire, his hair, his pants, ALL of his accessories, all the terrible puns on the back of the box. I swear, EVERY line had a flame/fire joke! I'm betting Mattel changed him so as not to offend the Christians.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Whoo Hoo! Cant wait for Ghoulia and Holt! They aint being released in Australia, so Ive gotten mine thrugh BBTS, so nice to have them preordered and locked in!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post

Also, I highly suspect Holt Hyde was created to be a demon/devil character. EVERYTHING with him is flame/fire, his hair, his pants, ALL of his accessories, all the terrible puns on the back of the box. I swear, EVERY line had a flame/fire joke! I'm betting Mattel changed him so as not to offend the Christians.
    Im sure your right! Cos nothing about him says 'Mr Hyde' I actually think they missed a golden opportunity with Jekyl & Hyde, he could have been two distinct 'High School' Stereotypes in one! The Nerd and the Bad boy!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; October 18, 2010 at 07:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Whoo Hoo! Cant wait for Ghoulia and Holt! They aint being released in Australia, so Ive gotten mine thrugh BBTS, so nice to have them preordered and locked in!

Im sure your right! Cos nothing about him says 'Mr Hyde' I actually think they missed a golden opportunity with Jekyl & Hyde, he could have been two distinct 'High School' Stereotypes in one! The Nerd and the Bad boy!
    Oooh! That's a good idea! He does mention gaps in his memory, so yeah the Jekyl/Hyde thing is there, but all the flame/fire jokes just scream demon/devil.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought that there was a mention of a Jekyll character in the laminated book on display at Target. If that's true, maybe Holt Hyde has nothing to do with Jekyll & Hyde?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I tried to get Holt and Ghoulia but they were already sold out, Target gave me a raincheck good for the two dolls at $15ea, expires in December.

The Target I went to this morning had a gigantic SOLD OUT sign in the area and a big pad of rainchecks.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I thought that there was a mention of a Jekyll character in the laminated book on display at Target. If that's true, maybe Holt Hyde has nothing to do with Jekyll & Hyde?
    Yeah Deuce Gorgon's best friend is Jackson Jekyll. I'm assuming he and Holt Hyde are two personae of one actual character.

Yeah Deuce Gorgon's best friend is Jackson Jekyll. I'm assuming he and Holt Hyde are two personae of one actual character.
    If that's true, that kinda stinks. I like the original version of Hyde more than this one who seems like a young X-Man in training.

I wonder if they are going to keep branching out in this line with new characters or if they are just going to keep it at the number they currently have but offer up new costumes like they do with Barbie.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

If that's true, that kinda stinks. I like the original version of Hyde more than this one who seems like a young X-Man in training.

I wonder if they are going to keep branching out in this line with new characters or if they are just going to keep it at the number they currently have but offer up new costumes like they do with Barbie.
    I don't know but if its just new costumes I will be one and done. I do not like the new dance line but got really hyped for Ghoulia and Hyde

I found Ghoulia and Holt yesterday!!!

I had actually been to the same target the night before and they only had 1 Lagoona out, so I really didn't think they would have them. I was SO excited when I found them!!

Also, Promo pic of the Gloom Beach line!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/venivid...l-monster_high

MONSTER HIGH™ GLOOM BEACH™ Doll Assortment: Get ready for ghoulish fun
    at Gloom Beach™! Frankie Stein™ is electrifying in her lightning bolt
    suit and solar-powered jumper cables. Cleo De Nile™ looks like royalty
    on the beach with her golden bathing suit and royal fan in tow. The
    new scary cute normie guy, Jackson Jekyll™ fits in perfectly with his
    patched-together board shorts. He even has a yin-yang volleyball and
    tattoo, too! Clawdeen Wolf™ has an awesome animal print suit and her
    flying toy disc has a bite taken out of it! Draculaura™ loves ruffles
    and pink—so of course she has a bathing suit with both! Sunscreen,
    too—SPF 500!

Includes doll, beach outfit, sunglasses, cover up, brush and one beach-related accessory. Each sold separately, subject to
    availability. Dolls cannot stand alone.

These will retail for about $12 and may be available as early as Nov/Dec 2010.

If you check this page out: http://www.monsterhighdolls.com/

it also talks about some new pets (a light up set and a swabble set) as well as Furniture. No photos of teh furniture, but it does say COFFIN BED!!!!!

I LOVE this line!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    I found Ghoulia and Holt yesterday!!!

I had actually been to the same target the night before and they only had 1 Lagoona out, so I really didn't think they would have them. I was SO excited when I found them!!

Also, Promo pic of the Gloom Beach line!
    !

I LOVE this line!
    WOW! so thats Jekyll! awesome!!!!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Yes, Jackson and Holt are one and the same. I read the first Monster High novel, and it explains a lot and continuing, very good read for 411 at Wal-Mart. Though in the novel the monsters are living amongst us hidden after years of persecution. I recommend it.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Yes, Jackson and Holt are one and the same. I read the first Monster High novel, and it explains a lot and continuing, very good read for 411 at Wal-Mart. Though in the novel the monsters are living amongst us hidden after years of persecution. I recommend it.
    So if that why Jackson looks normal and Holt appears as a Devil

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So if that why Jackson looks normal and Holt appears as a Devil
    Likely something due to his Grandfather's experiments, according to the novel. When Jackson changes to Holt, it is under extreme heat and neither remembers what happened when they 'black out'. The monster kids go to 'normie' school in the first book in disguises, it's rather good. A definite tween book, but decent. Though Frankie's catch phrase in the novel is very annoying lol. Though in the novel Holt appears to have a normal appearance, and I do not think his name was Holt in the novel I will need to re-look, it was abbreviated though I do remember that.

I'm not interested in the variant dolls. I didn't care for the Dawn of the Dance line, nor Gloom Beach. They just seem "cheaper" than the regular dolls. Their costumes aren't as elaborate or even appealing on their own right. Especially bathing suits. I want Jackson Jekyll but not in a bathing suit! He won't fit with the others. So the ONE doll in this line I might have wanted, I probably won't buy just for that reason.

I'd love to see them expand and bring in new characters, as long as they maintain the quality level of the first line. They could still add, like, a witch (if it's not too offensive), I actually think they could do a demon of some sort... as long as they "cute" it up, I think they could get away with it. They could also do a ghost. It would be neat if they did some sort of giant character, like a child of a King Kong or Godzilla type! Really you could go in all sorts of directions with them! They just added TEN new characters to the Bratz line, so if they can do it, so can Monster High!

Edit: Also... um, shouldn't Lagoona be in the Gloom Beach assortment?!

Edit: Also... um, shouldn't Lagoona be in the Gloom Beach assortment?!
    Maybe she will be an addition later on perhaps? Or for a second series of the Gloom Beach assortment?

Picked up Hyde today!! They had just opened a new case, sending my wife to see if she can snag Ghoulia before she sells out. I only had enough on me for 1 this morning

Felt kinda bad since I think I screwed a grandma and her girls out of it but oh well

I'd love to see them expand and bring in new characters, as long as they maintain the quality level of the first line. They could still add, like, a witch (if it's not too offensive), I actually think they could do a demon of some sort... as long as they "cute" it up, I think they could get away with it. They could also do a ghost. It would be neat if they did some sort of giant character, like a child of a King Kong or Godzilla type! Really you could go in all sorts of directions with them! They just added TEN new characters to the Bratz line, so if they can do it, so can Monster High!
    Not to mention cousins, I mean I am sure Draculaurie must have a ton of relatives.

But yeah ghosts, trolls, wizards, there is a number of ways to expand the line. You could also do the staff (teachers, etc)