Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hi guys! Please don't attack me if this has been discussed before (this is a BIG thread, I checked quite a few pages and I didn't see it mentioned). I was reading a bit on the Monster High boards about how people were signing a petition for Mattel to include torsos for all the different Create-A-Monster figures (because they are different skin tones). Anyway, I happened across the following information on Flickr.

The Vampire and Sea Monster set now comes with TWO torsos! Sounds like Mattel is listening. Here are the pictures
    Yeah we have already talked about it, all the CAM sets shipping in the new case have 2 Torso's. But it is a big thread so your post might reach some people who missed on when the CAM sets hit

I can only assume parents and fans both complained to Mattel, fans alone would not have caused a change but parents would. Its probably the same thing that happened when parents complained about Abbey and got her re-released since she was in the wave between Spectra and Operetta that hit at Christmas and was instantly sold out
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I do wonder about the CAM decal lab. Will those decals be on there well enough to last or are they going to come off easily? I don't think we've seen a demonstration or have much info on it yet.
    There's a video demonstration from Toy Fair. The Mattel woman says that they're tattoos put on with a spunge. There's a button you press to get the water pumping. So...I don't know how well those would do over time. They would definitely wash off or scratch off of them pretty easy. Stickers may have worked better, but I understand this way is better for changing up your Monster if you want to "play again" or if you're unhappy with how she turned out.

This video talks about the lab and extension packs about 55 seconds in:

This video talks about the lab and extension packs about 1 minute in:

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah we have already talked about it, all the CAM sets shipping in the new case have 2 Torso's. But it is a big thread so your post might reach some people who missed on when the CAM sets hit

I can only assume parents and fans both complained to Mattel, fans alone would not have caused a change but parents would. Its probably the same thing that happened when parents complained about Abbey and got her re-released since she was in the wave between Spectra and Operetta that hit at Christmas and was instantly sold out
    Oh, okay. Cool. So...does that mean there is a torso for the Dragon girl? I couldn't find anything about it. The Flickr person said they hadn't seen any, but expected Mattel would do that. Also, the expansion packs (like Bee girl), they're not getting any new parts, are they?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, okay. Cool. So...does that mean there is a torso for the Dragon girl? I couldn't find anything about it. The Flickr person said they hadn't seen any, but expected Mattel would do that. Also, the expansion packs (like Bee girl), they're not getting any new parts, are they?
    The new case of CAM's has 2 Cat/Witch, 1 Gargoyle/Vampire (Boy), and 1 Vampire/Sea Monster. Those sets all have 2 Torso's. I have sold multiples of each from the new case.

If the Dragon set gets released in a later wave I would assume it will have 2 Torso's but as of now it does not.

The expansion packs also have not changed, the only changes to the CAM exist in the new cases that are shipping for Series 2.

It is possible it could be a running change in production so there might be a "revised" case for the 1st series but since so many of those are still on store shelves I can only think they would refresh it during Series 2 run (like swap out the Sea Monster set for a revised Dragon set)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    The new case of CAM's has 2 Cat/Witch, 1 Gargoyle/Vampire (Boy), and 1 Vampire/Sea Monster. Those sets all have 2 Torso's. I have sold multiples of each from the new case.

If the Dragon set gets released in a later wave I would assume it will have 2 Torso's but as of now it does not.

The expansion packs also have not changed, the only changes to the CAM exist in the new cases that are shipping for Series 2.

It is possible it could be a running change in production so there might be a "revised" case for the 1st series but since so many of those are still on store shelves I can only think they would refresh it during Series 2 run (like swap out the Sea Monster set for a revised Dragon set)
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the info, Mark!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

$40.00 isnt bad for the lab. I am going to be interested in the amount of "tattoos" available in box and if anymore will be made available.

The tattoos are a great idea for "idiot proof" customizing. You could spray the dolls down with MSC (Mr. Super Coat) and it would make it last! It's a selant from China that is relative to testors dual coat but WAY better. Has NO shine & has a UV protction in it. Only like $15.00 too! Alot of the adult doll customizers use it to "seal" the faces they paint. I've used it on other toys and its freaking awesome.

STILL on the hunt for the boys CAM...UGH the pics of the Gargoyle kill!!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I've not seen ANY of the CAM stuff, actually. Seems the Cincinnati area and outlying towns are all but dry on MH stuff for the most part though. It is nice they come with 2 torsos now but the 1 wig and 1 pair of shoes is a bit annoying. What the line could use is some generic clothing packs, not themed to one specific character.

And what are people's opinions on the Draculaura/Clawd 2-pack? Amazon has it for $28 and free shipping but the Clawd doll doesn't really interest me much with that clothing set he wears, though maybe I could get Deuce's basketball clothes and put it on him so he looks less doofy. I'm sort of "undecided" on the Draculaura the set has. I know it's the only Clawd made so far but I'm not sure I'd want to spend $29 on it. I may go ahead and get Toralei this week instead, as much as I'd like not to pay $40 for it if I don't the prices will probably continue to go up.
    Last edited by diosoth; May 28, 2012 at 12:01am.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

I've not seen ANY of the CAM stuff, actually. Seems the Cincinnati area and outlying towns are all but dry on MH stuff for the most part though. It is nice they come with 2 torsos now but the 1 wig and 1 pair of shoes is a bit annoying. What the line could use is some generic clothing packs, not themed to one specific character.

And what are people's opinions on the Draculaura/Clawd 2-pack? Amazon has it for $28 and free shipping but the Clawd doll doesn't really interest me much with that clothing set he wears, though maybe I could get Deuce's basketball clothes and put it on him so he looks less doofy. I'm sort of "undecided" on the Draculaura the set has. I know it's the only Clawd made so far but I'm not sure I'd want to spend $29 on it. I may go ahead and get Toralei this week instead, as much as I'd like not to pay $40 for it if I don't the prices will probably continue to go up.
    Hmmmm $28 with free shipping is $5.00 cheaper than wal-mart. I may end up getting the 2 pack now...lol
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I know it's the only Clawd made so far but I'm not sure I'd want to spend $29 on it.
    There is also the Sweet 1600 version who has the jointed wrists.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    There is also the Sweet 1600 version who has the jointed wrists.
    Except that version is no longer shipping, so finding it for under $35-60 is going to be hard

The Draculaura from that 2 pack regularly sells on eBay for $20-25 so if you don't want it from the 2pk just sell or trade it off. The 2 pack is one of the best values MH has right now.

I know I can get some cash for Clawd's pet, probably pushing the set down to what one doll would cost. Though it'd help if I could find better photos of that Draculaura.... not that I want to pile on variants but if it's nice enough to keep I may as well. Granted, if I sell it and the pet, even going low on prices I could all but get the set for "free" when it's taken care of.

I did find 1600 Clawd on eBay(I didn't even see it on Amazon) and the suit's no more appealing to me than the 2-pack. Wrist joints aren't enough to pay that much extra for it. Then again, I've toyed with the idea of maybe sticking a Clawd head onto one of the TTL dark-skinned bodies since it seems like it'd be much better to scale and size that way. Though making the head fit, if it's even going to look right, might be tricky.

Granted, if I could get some of my stuff sold(not so much for the money- which I do need- but also to make room) I can go ahead and get some of the older dolls now before prices go up, and then work on new stuff. I am debating though on whether to get a Cleo/Deuce 2-pack, or just buy a loose Cleo. I know Deuce is a major character but his doll is a bit ugly and I could possibly live without. Although, from what I've seen of people paying for Deuce's pet, a boxed 2-pack might only cost slightly more than a loose Cleo when I sell the pets. I also have to consider that roadster, I know it's cheap but it looks like it'll eat up a very large chunk of shelf space. No sense in buying it if I can't put it anywhere.

It's getting a wave 1 Clawdeen that's going to be the nightmare.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

I just find it interesting how the guys are often first released in an alternate outfit. Deuce was released in a default as was Holt, but Gil, Claud, and Jackson were first released in something they don't normally wear. And only Jackson has had a signature release out of those three.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I almost want to wait and see if Clawd gets a proper release. That outfit the 2-pack is wearing isn't anything he wears in any of the animation, and looks nothing like anything the character would ever wear.

I ordered Toralei. Justice restocked them(when i checked the other day they weren't even showing up on the site anymore). $26 after shipping and sales tax, which is pretty good given the eBay alternative of $40.

I almost want to wait and see if Clawd gets a proper release. That outfit the 2-pack is wearing isn't anything he wears in any of the animation, and looks nothing like anything the character would ever wear.

I ordered Toralei. Justice restocked them(when i checked the other day they weren't even showing up on the site anymore). $26 after shipping and sales tax, which is pretty good given the eBay alternative of $40.
    Clawds proper release is the 2 pack, that is why it comes with his pet and diary

I could see him get a 2.0 though like Frankie, Clawdeen, Cleo and lagoona got

Clawd wears the outfit from the 2-pack in the webisodes, he just has the letterman jacket in the animation instead of the vest and scarf.

I know others are lukewarm about Scarah, but I'm excited for her. I'll be pre-ordering mine on 5/30 to pick up at SDCC!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Mattel really missed a huge opportunity to do something special for Sdcc with this license. The brand is going stronger than ever and has a huge kid and collector following. Scarah should have been saved as a regular release. I really thought we would have gotten some kind of cross-branding (either Dc/Monsterhigh, Pop/Monsterhigh, Barbie/Monsterhigh, PollyPocket/Monsterhigh) the possibilities were limitless. Oh well, at least it's better than the other exclusives they are offering (man what a bunch of letdowns).

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Mattel really missed a huge opportunity to do something special for Sdcc with this license. The brand is going stronger than ever and has a huge kid and collector following. Scarah should have been saved as a regular release. I really thought we would have gotten some kind of cross-branding (either Dc/Monsterhigh, Pop/Monsterhigh, Barbie/Monsterhigh, PollyPocket/Monsterhigh) the possibilities were limitless. Oh well, at least it's better than the other exclusives they are offering (man what a bunch of letdowns).
    I guess its all relative, they will have an exclusive and that is really all that matters. SDCC is used to promote the brand but we all need to be honest the brand needs no promotion at this point. Who are you going to advertise to?

I mean how do you say "come buy our dolls" to a population that is already doing that and handing money over as fast as the toys go on the shelf for 3 straight years.

We might not like the exclusive but from Mattel's point of view they did not really have to try. It appears its that way for all their offerings though.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Clawds proper release is the 2 pack, that is why it comes with his pet and diary

I could see him get a 2.0 though like Frankie, Clawdeen, Cleo and lagoona got
    but if they do he wouldnt get Roxeena.

also I saw some chatter about getting Whatsit etc loose, theres a seller on ebad selling 6 pets (inc Whatsit and Crescent) for $20 at the moment!.....Im thinkin thats a good deal!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I don't really care for the pets. Only one of them is in the webisodes proper and his animation model is totally different(and he's about half as big as the toy). The only one I really like is Nefera's beetle, and he's not even to scale(the diary makes it seem as if he's just a normal-sized beetle, making the toy 1:1 scale). Sir Hoots-A-Lot is almost too heavy for the arms unless the joints are really tight. I almost find it better to sell off most of the pets to get money for more of the dolls. I already got $14 for 3 of the pets which covered most of Toralei's cost.

If I can get a spare Memphis,a small pair of glasses and some tiny shoe blobs I may paint it up in a black suit.

- - - Updated - - -

I gave some thought to Kaiser stands and MH dolls... the 2200 series(11"-14" female dolls) will work fine, provided you do the bending trick- bent each leg of the waist ring inward very slightly and putting the ring around the chest. But this can still be a bit loose, so modding the shoes with magnets will help. The downside is... which size magnets. Abbey's signature and school club boots have holes in them, 1/8" in diameter, so magnets that size can be fit in and simply glued. But the height... Abbey can take a 1/4" tall cylinder magnet just fine but any other shoe needs a hole drilled. 1/8" might be more suited to most shoes. Ghoulia's signature boots though have almost no space between bottom and toes so a 1/32 might be her only option. Then again, the bottom of her boots being so thin, a hole drilled through and a 1/16" magnet just put in the hole might be easier than trying to carve out a pit.

If I do try this I may attempt to get spare shoes for each doll first rather than drilling into my only copies.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    but if they do he wouldnt get Roxeena.

also I saw some chatter about getting Whatsit etc loose, theres a seller on ebad selling 6 pets (inc Whatsit and Crescent) for $20 at the moment!.....Im thinkin thats a good deal!
    If it's the page I saw once you get to the actual page you pick which pet you want and the prices range from approx $10 to $20 depending on which one you want. (trust me, I've got a friend who's daughter wants Neptuna something awful and I was ready to click through until I found out that the $20 was only for one pet).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    If it's the page I saw once you get to the actual page you pick which pet you want and the prices range from approx $10 to $20 depending on which one you want. (trust me, I've got a friend who's daughter wants Neptuna something awful and I was ready to click through until I found out that the $20 was only for one pet).
    Wow! ok sneaky!!!

I have two Neptunas...shes the only Pet repeated with two different dolls (and Crossfade doesnt really count!lol)
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

I checked completed listings before selling the pets. Some loose Watzits sold for $15 each. I didn't want to ask that much but did go $6 on it when I asked $4 each for the others. I've also noticed that the pets for Deuce and Clawd sell for a good bit on their own.

oooh thats good to know, I bought a MIB Cleo & deuce last week for the Deuce to redress (thanks mark!) so will have a spare Perseus, will put him on ebay!

[/CENTER]

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Pictures of SDCC Scarah are up at Matty..I hope the jacket is somewhere where we can not see it..Plus there is still a chance her eyes might glow in the dark? No one has said that It is just wishful thinking on my part.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.251499300

Monster_High_SDCC_fullsizeimage.jpg
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; May 29, 2012 at 06:48pm.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    The description states that she's bringing a date to the party. Based on the way the packaging is designed, I'm guessing she comes with another doll too. My guess is that it's a two-pack with Hoo Dude. Kind of like how they hid Adam in Orko's package at SDCC.
    Last edited by Red Trinity; May 29, 2012 at 07:09pm.

She looks better then last year, will still buy even though I am underwhelmed