Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    My guess is that hidden in there is 'Signature Gil' or that weird Zombie guy!

I dont know what the characters wear in the eps....but the letterman jacket thrugh the peep hole is a hint!

If so her desirability just rocketed up!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    It looks like a pin through a heart to me, which is Hoo Dude's symbol.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    The description states that she's bringing a date to the party. Based on the way the packaging is designed, I'm guessing she comes with another doll too. My guess is that it's a two-pack with Hoo Dude. Kind of like how they hid Adam in Orko's package at SDCC.
    I think you are right, It Might be Hoo Dude, Because on the packaging you can see a heart with a Pin in it

That would be cool if its a 2 pack, the price is a little low since normally SDCC items are $5-10 more than their retail counterparts and retail 2 packs are $29-35. If its Hoo Dude its a very basic version of him which would still be fine with me since it would allow a signature one later

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Saw this on a fan board and just makes me think SDCC is more of a missed opportunity

Frankie = Batgirl
    Draculaura = Harley
    Abbey = Mrs Freeze
    Venus = Poison Ivy
    Toralei = Catwoman
    I'd be all over these!!

Where's Cleo as King Tut?

She looks better then last year, will still buy even though I am underwhelmed
    Agreed. I'm just glad Mattel didn't pull over some fiasco like doing a special DOTD or Dead Tired doll as the exclusive.

The fact that Scarah comes with "a date" is the plus here. If she was alone I might consider passing on her. The lack of male characters in this line makes this now a must buy. I'm sure that why Mattel included the date. It's gotta be Hoo Dude. The pin and heart are a dead giveaway.

I just hope that she doesn't sell out so quickly. Last year Ghoulia hung around for a while, but the line is much more popular this year plus I'm sure the scalpers know that too. I honestly don't see her staying around long.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be cool if its a 2 pack, the price is a little low since normally SDCC items are $5-10 more than their retail counterparts and retail 2 packs are $29-35.
    Mattel will probably save money by not including any stands.

Not that I'd use them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    I just hope that she doesn't sell out so quickly. Last year Ghoulia hung around for a while, but the line is much more popular this year plus I'm sure the scalpers know that too. I honestly don't see her staying around long.
    Its hard to tell, the scalpers will buy her up just because B&W Frankie 2010 goes for $250-400 and Deadfast Ghoulia 2011 goes for $180-250 so its an almost guaranteed seller.

At the same time judging by Facebook comments and just general MH chatter a lot of people do not understand what MattyCollector is and some cannot be convinced this is available outside the convention. The amount of posts I see that have no idea how to go about getting the doll are mind boggling.

I think she will last a few days though, should give anyone who "wants" her enough time
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

At the same time judging by Facebook comments and just general MH chatter a lot of people do not understand what MattyCollector is and some cannot be convinced this is available outside the convention. The amount of posts I see that have no idea how to go about getting the doll are mind boggling.
    I've tried to explain to a few people how to order her but they just can't grasp the notion. They can figure out how to stake out Amazon and TRU's websites for new product but when it comes to Mattycollector, they are clueless.

I've gotten 8 PMs from people who have asked me to buy one for them.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I would guess it's HooDude, and that he will be just a soft goods doll and not a standard MH male doll for the price the set will be.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I would guess it's HooDude, and that he will be just a soft goods doll and not a standard MH male doll for the price the set will be.
    That's my guess as well.

He won't be on a standard buck but just be more like a plush figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    That's my guess as well.

He won't be on a standard buck but just be more like a plush figure.
    Yeah my wife thinks it will be a plush as well

I do think that this is definitely HooDude, and yes he will be stuffed. I just hope that he is the same height as the other MH dolls. My personal opinion for Scarah is that she is kind of ugly. The proto looked cuter and I'm sorry but she is the least appealing MH doll that they have made thus far. What face sculpt did they use on her? The original had Frankie's. She just looks so mute and drab-like. I always think of Monster High as fun and colorful/funky-goth with alot of 80's fashion influences. The only thing that makes her interesting is her hidden friend.

When will the items actually be on sale on matty? Not the voucher either...for sale for us not going to SDCC
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; May 30, 2012 at 01:03am.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Has anyone ordered from Justice before? Any chance they may not send me the Toralei I ordered? Their online store reviews on Reseller Ratings are constant 1 out of 5 stars and it's got me concerned... constant notices of delayed shipments, orders being cancelled without notice, asking for phone verification of orders, sending the wrong item... with Toralei's old product page now linking to Cleo's I'm suddenly wary of getting sent a Cleo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    When will the items actually be on sale on matty? Not the voucher either...for sale for us not going to SDCC
    Its usually the first Monday in August following SDCC

Has anyone ordered from Justice before? Any chance they may not send me the Toralei I ordered? Their online store reviews on Reseller Ratings are constant 1 out of 5 stars and it's got me concerned... constant notices of delayed shipments, orders being cancelled without notice, asking for phone verification of orders, sending the wrong item... with Toralei's old product page now linking to Cleo's I'm suddenly wary of getting sent a Cleo instead.
    My Toralei order will be here tomorrow so they definitely send out what they have (whether its Toralei we will see), having shopped at Justice for the past 2 years for MH I know they carry them in the store so we I am not too concerned.

On the upside almost every mall in America has a justice so if they do happen to send you the wrong thing just take it back to them and get a full refund

I got a shipping notice email this morning, and Fedex tracking shows it was mailed yesterday. They "estimate" June 5 delivery but from the nearby location it originated I'll probably have it Friday. The email notice did confirm it was for Toralei, so we'll see when I get it.

I got a shipping notice email this morning, and Fedex tracking shows it was mailed yesterday. They "estimate" June 5 delivery but from the nearby location it originated I'll probably have it Friday. The email notice did confirm it was for Toralei, so we'll see when I get it.
    If my order is not Toralei I will be sure to let people know

Looks like Monster High was a massive hit on Matty, sold out of vouchers in less then 3hrs

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Looks like Monster High was a massive hit on Matty, sold out of vouchers in less then 3hrs
    Yeah...that sucks. I didn't even have time to get on there. I didn't think the pre-sales would sell out that fast. Crap.

Oh well, guess I'm not getting that. I suppose I better pre-order the other things I want before they are all gone. I thought I'd have a week or so to gather funds...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

wow the girlfriend was going to get one when she got home, we didn't expect them to sell out. I wonder how many are scalpers though just looking to resale them for 150$ a few weeks after they get it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    wow the girlfriend was going to get one when she got home, we didn't expect them to sell out. I wonder how many are scalpers though just looking to resale them for 150$ a few weeks after they get it.
    Well the limit was only 6 so I suppose it could have been worse (like the 10 normal), but I figured it was going to be like that given what I said earlier about the last 2 exclusives. I mean if you wait long enough its already guaranteed profit at $25 a doll. Just going by Ghoulia's prices and she was available for a few weeks after SDCC were $50 immediately and now almost a 500-600% increase

Hopefully they were just conservative for the pre-sale and have a nice stock for SDCC and then for the Matty sale like they have in the past.

Well the limit was only 6 so I suppose it could have been worse (like the 10 normal), but I figured it was going to be like that given what I said earlier about the last 2 exclusives. I mean if you wait long enough its already guaranteed profit at $25 a doll. Just going by Ghoulia's prices and she was available for a few weeks after SDCC were $50 immediately and now almost a 500-600% increase

Hopefully they were just conservative for the pre-sale and have a nice stock for SDCC and then for the Matty sale like they have in the past.
    I am hoping a mix of conservative, an initial wave (aren't these supposed to be avaible till the 5th?), and a test to check reaction.

I know alot of people complain about them putting stuff up in the middle of the week at lunch time when many people are working and can't get online.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I am hoping a mix of conservative, an initial wave (aren't these supposed to be avaible till the 5th?), and a test to check reaction.

I know alot of people complain about them putting stuff up in the middle of the week at lunch time when many people are working and can't get online.
    Does Matty do initial waves? I know Hasbrotoyshop and ToysRUs do but I don't remember Matty doing that kind of system.

I am thinking its a low amount to test how it would go, their biggest customers are going to be the families that are in attendance on Saturday and Sunday so a majority of the dolls are going to be sold without vouchers. Last year they had the voting contest as well as the Brand Manager and voice talent there to sign the dolls...very little of that is aimed at the same people who are buying vouchers

I don't know if they do or don't, I haven't bought any MOTUC. I know they have gone back and rereleased some stuff. But that's the hope is all.

I don't know if they do or don't, I haven't bought any MOTUC. I know they have gone back and rereleased some stuff. But that's the hope is all.
    Yeah I don't think Matty does that, they are pretty much an all or nothing on a sale day. A reissue or making old CS stock available is different.

Guess they meant it when they said "The voucher pre-sale ends June 14th at 11:59pm PT, however product is subject to availability so shop early for best selection."

Some exclusives sold out really fast the first year they did the voucher presale. I remember Orko/Adam and Plastic Man selling out in maybe 2-3 minutes and completely missing out on them during the presale. I think last year the Stay Puft sold out fast due to limited quantities and Hot Wheels were also very popular as usual. It doesn't surprise me that the Monster High exclusive was a fast seller. All you have to do is check the past SDCC exclusive prices as markatisu pointed out to see why they are in high demand.

The upside to all this is that if MH should ever end they could easily move it online ala MOTUC and make a killing by cutting out the middle man. They could probably do that now and still make a load of revenue, but then retail would probably complain