Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The upside to all this is that if MH should ever end they could easily move it online ala MOTUC and make a killing by cutting out the middle man. They could probably do that now and still make a load of revenue, but then retail would probably complain
    Well, I complain about retail getting all these various exclusives that compel me to burn up precious gas money looking for them, so we're even.

Don't get me started on how the stores are doing they're stock either; the local Wal-marts are loaded up with Sweet 1600, Dead Tired, and the old CAMS (one torso). It's like all the stock they should have received in Jan./Feb. just showed up now, the shelves are clogged, and there's no room for new stuff.

I've also tried to help people on the MHdoll forum by giving them advice about dealing with Matty (and warning them about WSOD ), but all I got were chirping crickets. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I've also tried to help people on the MHdoll forum by giving them advice about dealing with Matty (and warning them about WSOD ), but all I got were chirping crickets. Oh well.
    Yeah, its almost not worth the trouble. And these are the people who are going to be most upset at not getting the exclusive. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I went toy shopping today and decided to look at the Monster High stuff to check prices and availability. I learned a few things.

1) The Bee Girl is popular (sold out everywhere), but the rest were in stock everywhere else. The Werewolf & Dragon starter kit must be popular too, I didn't see a single one of it either.
    2) Canada prices Monster High items too high (Clawd & Draculara for $40, regular dolls are $30!). Tax is also 13% here. Thank goodness I live on the US border and can buy stuff for better prices.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Vampire & Sea Monster sets on Amazon come with the 2nd torso for the Sea Monster...or is it a total crapshoot?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 30, 2012 at 10:09pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I would guess it's a random chance. Now if it's an individual seller and they say for certain, that's different, but stuff fulfileld by Amazon will be whatever they have, and I doubt a lot of people know yet that the sets were redone with the extra torso.

I bought Skull Shores Lagoona today, being the only doll Walmart had that was of interest(I'm beginning to think DT Ghoulia isn't in demand...). Though when I got it home and deboxed, I noticed a purple smudge above the left eye and some residue, probably from the glitter layer being too thick, as well as some smudging and a scratched spot on the lip.

I called Mattel's CS line though(literally 11 minutes before they closed for the day) and they're sending me a replacement SS Lagoona, and I don't have to send this one back. The smudge might be a little much to try to clean up so I may give this one to someone else who won't care about a paint smudge

quite a bit of people clean the faces and repaint them so I am sure you can find someone.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Movie mayhem!
    Anyone in here going to SDCC?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    EDIT: Does anyone know if the Vampire & Sea Monster sets on Amazon come with the 2nd torso for the Sea Monster...or is it a total crapshoot?
    Its a total crapshoot online, it has to be the Vampire/Sea Monster from the newest case assortment. It makes it even harder online because the SKU and the item number for the redesigned set is identical. With this one its best to try to find someone who has a set to sell or verifies it has 2 torso's, I would not trust online unless it specifically states that.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I bought Skull Shores Lagoona today, being the only doll Walmart had that was of interest(I'm beginning to think DT Ghoulia isn't in demand...). Though when I got it home and deboxed, I noticed a purple smudge above the left eye and some residue, probably from the glitter layer being too thick, as well as some smudging and a scratched spot on the lip.

I called Mattel's CS line though(literally 11 minutes before they closed for the day) and they're sending me a replacement SS Lagoona, and I don't have to send this one back. The smudge might be a little much to try to clean up so I may give this one to someone else who won't care about a paint smudge
    Yeah Mattel's direct CS is awesome at helping out, and when they can't at least they are honest about it (we have no stock, etc) and will offer you a coupon or a discount if they can't.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I would guess it's a random chance. Now if it's an individual seller and they say for certain, that's different, but stuff fulfileld by Amazon will be whatever they have, and I doubt a lot of people know yet that the sets were redone with the extra torso.
    Its a total crapshoot online, it has to be the Vampire/Sea Monster from the newest case assortment. It makes it even harder online because the SKU and the item number for the redesigned set is identical. With this one its best to try to find someone who has a set to sell or verifies it has 2 torso's, I would not trust online unless it specifically states that.
    Oh, dang. I figured it would be random buying them online, but I had no idea the SKUs are the same! I did buy one online, but I'm pretty sure it will have 1 torso only. I figured, I need another set for a torso/upper arms/thighs and a wig...so I will just HAVE to make sure I find one in the future with the Sea Monster torso.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, dang. I figured it would be random buying them online, but I had no idea the SKUs are the same! I did buy one online, but I'm pretty sure it will have 1 torso only. I figured, I need another set for a torso/upper arms/thighs and a wig...so I will just HAVE to make sure I find one in the future with the Sea Monster torso.
    Your better off asking an orger to pick them up for you, that way you are guaranteed the right one. The 2 torso sea monster set is easy enough to find, its the others in that case that sell out instantly.

I bought Skull Shores Lagoona today, being the only doll Walmart had that was of interest
    Good choice. That's my favorite Lagoona by far.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Good choice. That's my favorite Lagoona by far.
    I Totally Agree, shes the prettiest Lagoona and has decent hair! Have already bought a spare to wear her latest fashion pack!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I got SS Ghoulia today, Kroger had a MH display with multiples of SS Ghoulia and Draculaura. I would have got both but didn't have the cash on hand, as they were $15 each there and I was a bit short out of pocket.

One of her earrings is a tiny ribcage, the other earring might be a splotch of blood. Her shoes looks like either slime or blood, and the "flower" in her hair is actually 5 small brains. And of course, brain patterns all over the skirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I Totally Agree, shes the prettiest Lagoona and has decent hair! Have already bought a spare to wear her latest fashion pack!
    I have an extra 3.

Lagoona is one of the dolls that I just don't like most of the time but when Mattel does do a good one it's awesome. I bought spares for the same reason, although I hate her new "John Elton" fashion pack. Being a sea monster, the beach attire IMO is just natural for her.

My Target got the Howleen 2 pack price tag back so I'm hoping that they will restock soon. I still haven't found the Werewolf sisters or the twins 2 packs.

I have an extra 3.

Lagoona is one of the dolls that I just don't like most of the time but when Mattel does do a good one it's awesome. I bought spares for the same reason, although I hate her new "John Elton" fashion pack. Being a sea monster, the beach attire IMO is just natural for her.

My Target got the Howleen 2 pack price tag back so I'm hoping that they will restock soon. I still haven't found the Werewolf sisters or the twins 2 packs.
    Our TRU this morning restocked the Werecats 2 pack with 10 more sets so hopefully yours restocks soon.

I am surprised Target is taking so long to restock the Howleen 2 pack, the initial shipment was very large, its like they somehow did not expect to sell out as fast as they did.

Our TRU this morning restocked the Werecats 2 pack with 10 more sets so hopefully yours restocks soon.
    My TRU doesn't even have the tag any more for it and they've point blank told me they won't get any more. They got sick of me asking.

I've been calling the 3 other stores within 25 miles looking for it for over a month.

I have an extra 3.

Lagoona is one of the dolls that I just don't like most of the time but when Mattel does do a good one it's awesome.
    I agree she is a doll that I should love (loving all water Creatures as I do) but Shes always left me cold, I think 80% of that is how awful her hair is 99% of the time...its so cheap!!

also the leg fins falling out bug me...but I glue them in now so Ive cured that!

but SS Lagoona has redeemed her for me...shes fantastic!...Maybe I should stock up and replace all of the others with restyled SS dolls!

[/CENTER]

Dawn of the Dance Lagoona is pretty cool too. She has green lipstick and a mohawk with really long hair. I think she is my favorite out of all the Lagoonas released thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Dawn of the Dance Lagoona is pretty cool too. She has green lipstick and a mohawk with really long hair. I think she is my favorite out of all the Lagoonas released thus far.
    She is stunning....but its always buggd me that mine has a crooked mohawk...but I did trim the non gelled parts...they were fluffy!

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Yeah I think this is my favorite, even more than the SS one. The Mohawk is just wild and the way we have things set up you see Nefera and then you see the Mohawk right behind her since its that tall

After numerous attempts to get the SS drink cups attached to the hand by a rubber band, I've given up. Mattel REEAAAALLY needs to make a new hand type for these dolls that can hold accessories.

I wish I could find DOTD Frankie, if anything, but I suspect it's long gone from stores. I also don't want to go too variant-heavy on these but usually a new doll of an old character has new hair, or something else beyond just new clothes, and some of the variants look nice. Some not so much though... and Dead Tired is just a line that doesn't much interest me. I also sometimes find that stock photos don't win me over but seeing the doll in person can change my mind. If I'm not careful I'll have 30 of these dolls soon enough. I'm already at 10 and I never expected to get the variants or theme dolls but I got 2 this past week.

I also think the need to make a Frankie doll that uses the CAM body... to simulate how she falls apart a lot. Granted, with the new plastic leg hinges and new box design, they could reissue the signature wave 1 dolls, even in a short run, and not really hurt collectors(mostly... the people charging $120 for Clawdeen might suffer a bit)

I had to post this 'cause it was just too funny. I was perusing one of the Monster High forums, and they were discussing how Scarah Screams is already $70.00 on Ebay. One poster decided to take one of the sellers up on their offer, because the sellers Ebay name is Toyguru, so this person actually believed they were buying the doll directly from the person "who runs Mattycollector". Apparently, Scott is also a reputable reseller with a good rating. MOTUC Brand manager by day, MH reseller by night - who needs Batman?

I just thought y'all would enjoy that. Poor, silly kids.

will there be an exact date announced when SDCC items will go on sale on mattycollector?
    I am so getting my exclusives even if i need to put in a vacation day...lol...sad but i so will!

After numerous attempts to get the SS drink cups attached to the hand by a rubber band, I've given up. Mattel REEAAAALLY needs to make a new hand type for these dolls that can hold accessories.
    I balanced all their cups in their hands...Worked well to my mind

I wonder if Cleo,Frankie and Clawdeen will have cocktails?

aj

(Edit....just noticed that Abbys 'Icey' is on its side.....Trust me it sits great usually! lol)

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    will there be an exact date announced when SDCC items will go on sale on mattycollector?
    I am so getting my exclusives even if i need to put in a vacation day...lol...sad but i so will!
    Its usually the first Monday in August, the week after SDCC. When July gets here they will announce the day and time. If I had to guess based on the past 3 years it will be Monday August 6th

Make sure if you want doubles or any for future trade fodder to order them at that time, unlike the MOTUC and GB/DC stuff the MH will most likely not be reissued (like how the Polly Pockets are not reissued)