Page 67 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I still haven't seen anything locally at Walmart, they just don't seem interested in restocking or doing their supposed "reset".
    there are other explanations, could be the toy department was manned by college students who went home for the summer break. (assuming you have a nearby college). Similar with high school students who got another job for summer. Or the toy department didn't pass a drug test, or got fired.

About 5 years ago ours did a storewide drug test which 2/3 of the employees failed, the first month they tried to stay open 24 hours but then they shifted to 12 hours and had nights to stock. Since the drug test was done in about February that year the toy aisle was low priority. Most things that year when I finally saw them they were put directly in the clearance aisle, which really meant I had to be there when it was put out to pick it up.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I still haven't seen anything locally at Walmart, they just don't seem interested in restocking or doing their supposed "reset".
    How big is the toy area in your Walmart? Some that I have been to where the toy sales are really low dedicate small space to them since they are lower priority. Lower priority also means less restocking and maintenance even if they had items in the back.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The Wal-marts around me are constantly getting new stuff, but it's not 'new' stuff. Wave 1 DT, SS, Sweet 1600 sans Claud, Ula's car, and every once in a while the DT Clawdeen playset. It's been three weeks since they got the last shipment of the Rochelle wave, which is a shame because a few days ago a little girl came up to me asking if I had seen the 'snow girl' and I had to tell her no. As I stated in a previous post, it's like they are getting the shipments they should have had back in Jan/Feb now.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    It's about an average size toy section. It's also the only such store in maybe a 15 mile radius, no nearby Target or anything and yet they still drag their heels on maintaining a lot of sections. I'm not sure about a college, we only have a nearby community college, until you get to UC in Cincinnati. I would ask about stock in "the back" but I know I'm only going to get the "what we have is out on the shelves" line, have for years, so I'm not going to waste my breath asking for back room stock.

If anything new is being put out, it's bought up almost instantly. Only thing I've seen in the past... since I bought Abbey have been the Skull Shores stuff I bought.

My K-mart put out a case of the Rochelle/Jackson assortment. Walmart has various CAM sets.

Really the main issue with stores is most of them the Toy Department is low priority now since toys don't do that well as they used to (various reasons etc). Even during Christmas all they have done is increased the over all store employees which means everything just gets put out faster. I have seen people who normally work in the toy aisle pulled to help work in other sections that were higher priority. Right now our walmart actually has two employees for sure who work in the toy department, and stuff is getting put out in a fairly timely manner.

I got the Jackson today for the girlfriend so she has a full gloom beach set. I found him at Walgreens, the other store has a Gloom Beach Frankie. I actually went to check out their Star Wars selection knowing they tend to have stuff that can be a bit older that was never touched because most people don't think to look in places like that. didn't want to mention it because I have said stuff like that in the past and went back shortly after and it was already gone.

I also noticed Drac's roadster now has a Clawd cardboard cut out in the seat also. Amazon has posted the new Draculuara Dead Tired with a picture of the packaging.
    Last edited by wyldman11; June 12, 2012 at 02:57pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I ordered Rochelle today. A neighbor needed something bought online as WM's price is high, and Amazon had their necessity, so I added in Rochelle to my order to get free shipping. They gave me a free month of Amazon Prime too.

I am holding off buying the roadster til the Costco exclusive with Draculaura comes out near Christmas, I certainly don't need 2 of that crappy car
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am holding off buying the roadster til the Costco exclusive with Draculaura comes out near Christmas, I certainly don't need 2 of that crappy car
    I agree, but I thought the Roadster with dolls was a JC Penny's exclusive and the costco was the Bistro with Draculuara.

Just posted on the facebook page

581081_10151615517662481_530779405_n.jpg

Scarah with what is hidden.

Is the car really that bad? I know it takes up a lot of space but is only about $20.

Is the car really that bad? I know it takes up a lot of space but is only about $20.
    It's a personal taste thing, I don't hate the design but it's also a space hog. I am also with my collecting habbits not big on vehicles and playsets. I did get Draculuara's bed but that is because of the storage feature I can put the excess doll clothes and items I get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I agree, but I thought the Roadster with dolls was a JC Penny's exclusive and the costco was the Bistro with Draculuara.

Just posted on the facebook page

581081_10151615517662481_530779405_n.jpg

Scarah with what is hidden.
    Yeah you are right, I have cards with both places so I am good.

That is cool its the full sized "doll", a nice way for them to make him without making him since he is not like the other characters. With that said I just have to avoid FB comments, the amount of people who have absolutely no clue you can get this on Matty are mind boggling.

- - - Updated - - -

It does not do anything, if it had honked the horn, played music, or even popped the hood I would have enjoyed it. Basically its a $20 car shell which serves no real purpose since it was not even utilized in the special where it came from

Based on your statement on the comments I had to check. I love how people are complaining he is a rag doll, it fits and he looks great.

But I often don't read those comments either for not just monster high but just about anything on facebook for a show or anything.

Heroic Warrior
    Don't read the comments on there EVER unless you know the people- it causes you to view humanity more and more cynically as time goes on.

I don't know, I suppose the car could have had more parts or some electronics, but that would have increased the price- especially electronics. I guess it was either make it cheap and sell cheap, or make it more expensive and risk the thing selling poorly. The GI Joe ROC Night Raven was a complex toy with firing missiles and sounds, but it was $40 and sold miserably, and even the $30 Skystriker didn't sell too well.

Lagoona's $45 water chamber is really helped by including a doll(granted, a $13 doll), and it's not particularly fancy(some LED lights and an air pump). It has few parts.

Think it's partially the case of many of us are used to prices from previous years even just a few years ago.

I don't know, I suppose the car could have had more parts or some electronics, but that would have increased the price- especially electronics. I guess it was either make it cheap and sell cheap, or make it more expensive and risk the thing selling poorly. The GI Joe ROC Night Raven was a complex toy with firing missiles and sounds, but it was $40 and sold miserably, and even the $30 Skystriker didn't sell too well.

Lagoona's $45 water chamber is really helped by including a doll(granted, a $13 doll), and it's not particularly fancy(some LED lights and an air pump). It has few parts.
    I am not sure if the GI Joe vehicles are comparable, I opted not to buy either because they were ridiculously scaled down from their originals. The Night Raven was just an embarrassment if you ever owned the RAH one in the 80's.

In regards to MH the Water Chamber fits in a lot of people's displays

For me it was part price, part functionality and part space. Since it did not do anything, justifying the space for it meant at $10 I probably still would have skipped it. Also it really needed to come with a doll like the exclusive version will. I think that would have moved a lot more units even if you priced it up to $35-40

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The People on Facebook are funny as heck.. I am sure not going to bring up Matty over there..

I think it is really really cool that monster high is getting its own Panel at SDCC. That is a Big Deal!!! Plus " Spectra" Said she has something else to announce later on. I thought this year was a big year for MH I bet next year is going to be over the top and there will probably be so much stuff there will be No way to keep up!! Enless you sell a Kidney or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The People on Facebook are funny as heck.. I am sure not going to bring up Matty over there..

I think it is really really cool that monster high is getting its own Panel at SDCC. That is a Big Deal!!! Plus " Spectra" Said she has something else to announce later on. I thought this year was a big year for MH I bet next year is going to be over the top and there will probably be so much stuff there will be No way to keep up!! Enless you sell a Kidney or something.
    Well the film is rumored to come in 2013 or 2014, this Halloween is their first direct to DVD. I would not be surprised if they moved up the movie and next year is massive thanks to the movie line budget

But yeah it is a BIG deal and its nice that Mattel realizes there is an online fanbase they can tap at Matty instead of just aiming solely at retail

I'm really starting to hope that Mattel re-releases the wave 1 dolls, especially if it means using the new plastic hip bodies. $40 apiece for the 3 older dolls I bought was one thing, but Lagoona's costs keep going up(already topped $60), and while Clawdeen is on my want list I'm not sure I can justify $130 on one. It seems the prices on the wave 1 dolls keeps going up by the week. I doubt Mattel would lose out by doing so, and if stores somehow turn them down then they're idiots because turning down much anything from this brand seems pointless, since everything sells.

I'm really starting to hope that Mattel re-releases the wave 1 dolls, especially if it means using the new plastic hip bodies. $40 apiece for the 3 older dolls I bought was one thing, but Lagoona's costs keep going up(already topped $60), and while Clawdeen is on my want list I'm not sure I can justify $130 on one. It seems the prices on the wave 1 dolls keeps going up by the week. I doubt Mattel would lose out by doing so, and if stores somehow turn them down then they're idiots because turning down much anything from this brand seems pointless, since everything sells.
    They "might" re-release the initial wave if a movie is coming out, similar to how MOTUC makes sure He-Man and Skeletor are available year round. But I would not put too much hope in that.

And the prices on Wave 1 will keep going up as less and less boxed dolls are available

I have to agree some of the dolls are a bit out of hand. I wanted a Spectra but really cant see myself spending 80 - 100 on a doll thats less than 3 years old and made of plastic...

Loving Sarah Screams SDCC...have no clue who that cloth doll is supossed to be (dont watch animated).

Does anyone know...will they be announcing new dolls for the rest of the year and/or 2013? Did they do that last year for MH?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I have to agree some of the dolls are a bit out of hand. I wanted a Spectra but really cant see myself spending 80 - 100 on a doll thats less than 3 years old and made of plastic...

Loving Sarah Screams SDCC...have no clue who that cloth doll is supossed to be (dont watch animated).

Does anyone know...will they be announcing new dolls for the rest of the year and/or 2013? Did they do that last year for MH?
    Last year they had signings with the voice cast, and a look at the upcoming dolls they had already announced.

New dolls are revealed either via solicitation to retailers or at Toy Fair NY in Feb of each year. Monster High is predominately a retail line so its big announcements will be at Toy Fair. SDCC would be more of a place to announce a new movie

Right now they have announced what is shipping up until around Halloween so we still have the Nov-Jan assortments/releases to find out

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    It's a personal taste thing, I don't hate the design but it's also a space hog. I am also with my collecting habbits not big on vehicles and playsets. I did get Draculuara's bed but that is because of the storage feature I can put the excess doll clothes and items I get into it.
    I see it thrugh the same eyes as the Vintage JEM 'Rockin Roadster' Its a great display piece....but its massive! I was gonna pass on the car until they added Drac, now I'll grab it for her!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Is there any idea as to when they will annouce the Nov. -Jan. dolls?

I'm starting to get worried with all these new characters and I am really digging the new CAM sets...I'm going to run out of room QUICK!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/HooDude

BTW, HooDude is voiced by 200x He-Man Cam Clark.

So,... have any pics of the JCP Draculaura turned up with her out of the car where you can actually see the outfit?
    Last edited by Jim_Abell; June 13, 2012 at 08:12am.