Page 69 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Is there a rule that says Mattel's stock photos of some of the dolls have to be so terrible? I was browsing the cheaper options for Clawdeen dolls, for school club use, and the stock Sweet 1600 pics make her hair look terrible, though actual photos I found make it look decent.

I think Mattel could sell direct, provided they charge MSRP and no less. Lego has operated their own direct shopping outlet for years doing just that and stores haven't complained. Or they could do the Hasbro Toy Shop route- the store is independently owned, but sells only their merchandise(hard to believe but HTS is NOT actually owned by Hasbro).

You mean like these http://shop.mattel.com/ They aren't too bad at shipping and not too expensive either. Well I got one doll from there.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I think Mattel could sell direct, provided they charge MSRP and no less. Lego has operated their own direct shopping outlet for years doing just that and stores haven't complained. Or they could do the Hasbro Toy Shop route- the store is independently owned, but sells only their merchandise(hard to believe but HTS is NOT actually owned by Hasbro).
    I don't think its an issue of if they can sell direct or not, I think its more an issue of they don't want to. Its less overhead if they have retailers buying tons of the product. In their eyes online is a last resort

The amount of product they can move in retail is so much greater from a profit standpoint due to the case buying requirement then if they cut out the middle man and sold it themselves individually.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Considering that even the budget dolls fly off the shelves, I guess that's true. There isn't a single "Arctic Destro" - a toy that stays on shelves almost indefinitely - in this line as far as I can tell. Even DT Ghoulia, which is one I've seen most frequently, doesn't stay around long. Much of what I see that doesn't sell are superfluous things like the stickers, makeup kits and odds and ends pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    If you are awake and want the Dot Dead Party Dolls they are on TRU.com Right now 3:50 PST. They are 19.99 each..
    Thanks for the heads up! I ordered a Spectra and Operetta! Gonna wait on Lagoona for now.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

If you are awake and want the Dot Dead Party Dolls they are on TRU.com Right now 3:50 PST. They are 19.99 each..
    Awesome, I ordered 3 sets. I had some Reward coupons to use so this worked out great
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Hmmmm...might have to order Spectra just so I can have a Spectra represented. lol

At this point you could buy Spectra's new doll, her clothes and pet off eBay and it would still be cheaper than buying a Signature Spectra

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I have an Operetta question. I bought a loose, complete doll...but I just saw a picture of a keyboard purse and it's listed as originally coming with Operetta. I've looked online but I can't find pictures of it anywhere else. Did this keyboard purse come with her? Mine came with: spider, guitar backpack thing, stand, comb and diary.

EDIT: This isn't my doll, but this is all mine came with:

Last edited by Darkspecter; June 15, 2012 at 02:53pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

No it did not come with that keyboard thing, yours looks complete

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    No it did not come with that keyboard thing, yours looks complete
    Oh, thank goodness. I was about to freak out! I know I've seen that keyboard purse somewhere before though...can't recall where. It might be from BRATZ.

Man...I wish I had the money right now to buy stuff from ToysRUs. I would pick up at least 2 Spectras. One for Spectra (she's gorgeous) and one for her body to use with that Ghost CAM...maybe a 3rd for the Skeleton CAM.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! I ordered a Spectra and Operetta! Gonna wait on Lagoona for now.
    Glad I Could Help!! I am surprised they are still there this long. Oh No the Line is dying because they didnt sell out in a Half and Hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I have an Operetta question. I bought a loose, complete doll...but I just saw a picture of a keyboard purse and it's listed as originally coming with Operetta. I've looked online but I can't find pictures of it anywhere else. Did this keyboard purse come with her? Mine came with: spider, guitar backpack thing, stand, comb and diary.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2012-Monster-...2!Q~~60_57.JPG

EDIT: This isn't my doll, but this is all mine came with:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7224/7...06590019_c.jpg
    That Purse comes from a Barbie or Mattel doll, I am not sure if this is the exact doll in the picture but that looks like the Keyboard.
    pMAT1-11860545_alternate1_v380.jpg

I all saw that they have Nefera and Operetta for sale at ShopMattel.com for 17.99 each. Which is a great deal if you or someone you know needs one, Plus there shipping is pretty cheap over there.

Glad I Could Help!! I am surprised they are still there this long. Oh No the Line is dying because they didnt sell out in a Half and Hour. .
    After last year when we all predicted doom and gloom when they had LOTS of product on the shelves I am keeping my mouth shut this year lol

If anybody wants to order from mattelshop use coupon WB4131373 to get 15% off your order or PLAYCATION to get $10 off $50

Well, right now on Amazon, Operetta is $19.99 and Nefera is $19.97, and both are free shipping eligible. Rochelle is also down to $21.99 again.

After last year when we all predicted doom and gloom when they had LOTS of product on the shelves I am keeping my mouth shut this year lol
    I with you... Whatever doesnt sell during the summer will be gone come Christmas time... Do we have a release date for the Dot Dead Walmart 3 pack? I dont want to miss that one. What are the chances of there being a Dot Dead wave 2 or another Exclusive somewhere I find it strange that there is no Frankie, Claw, or Cleo Dot Dead Doll.

Lagoona is sold out at TRU. She was only one per case. Spectra is two per case so she should hold out for a little while Plus I got my tracking number already so they are on there way!!! Yeah!!

I just ordered 3 neferas from Mattelshop using the $10 off coupon and it worked out to $17 shipped for each

Did Operetta and Nefera ship in absurdly large numbers? I've noticed those 2 are common in online shops. I'd think signature dolls would sell better.. I know Operetta's had a sparse webisode presence but I don't think Rochelle's even been in one yet(Venus has, and her doll's not yet out) and she can get a bit high(between $22-$30 on Amazon). Nefera I almost see selling a bit poor because her character is so unlikeable, but Toralei is worse and she still sells. I also think both Operette and Nefera are decent offerings, I'd even suggest Nefera as an option to people not really into the line just because of her royal Egyptian look.

Or will those 2 become the next $75 dolls within a year?

DOT Operetta and Spectra are still up at ToysRUs.com, but I'm going to be patient and wait to find them in store. Since I started actively buying them, I haven't missed out on one I was looking for; it showed up eventually. Besides, the last time I bought a doll from TRU, I found it at retail (for a lot less) the day after she arrived.

I did end up buying the Cleo Vanity today, mainly because it was on clearance at Meijers for $16.90. They also had the Classroom dolls for $14.95, but I already have all three of them. I did pick up the Clawdeen outfit as well, because even though the pants and shoes are hideous, the top and jacket would probably work well with the Witch CAM (when I find her ).

Did Operetta and Nefera ship in absurdly large numbers? I've noticed those 2 are common in online shops. I'd think signature dolls would sell better.. I know Operetta's had a sparse webisode presence but I don't think Rochelle's even been in one yet(Venus has, and her doll's not yet out) and she can get a bit high(between $22-$30 on Amazon). Nefera I almost see selling a bit poor because her character is so unlikeable, but Toralei is worse and she still sells. I also think both Operette and Nefera are decent offerings, I'd even suggest Nefera as an option to people not really into the line just because of her royal Egyptian look.

Nefera is a tall Cleo who doesn't do super well.

Their basic strategy is introduce a doll in a wave, often one to a case then the next wave double that doll up. Operetta and Nefera are on their second wave so they are doubled up this time around. So not a case of people not wanting them (well Operetta) just they are overpacked during a slow toy time.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Nefera is a tall Cleo who doesn't do super well.

Their basic strategy is introduce a doll in a wave, often one to a case then the next wave double that doll up. Operetta and Nefera are on their second wave so they are doubled up this time around. So not a case of people not wanting them (well Operetta) just they are overpacked during a slow toy time.
    Yup and people opt not to buy them because they are so plentiful so thus you end up with high prices later

Same thing happened with Spectra, they sent cases out of just her around November (6 to a case) there was a point where I saw an entire 2 shelving unit at Walmart with Spectras...and now she is $60-100

Nefera and Jackson will be next like that, Nefera suffers from being so tall nothing really works on her. Once Robecca hits and you have 2 tall dolls you will see a new fashion to work with them and then the crap will hit the fan with people wanting Nefera.

Nefera I almost see selling a bit poor because her character is so unlikeable, but Toralei is worse and she still sells.
    Reading that made me laugh because those two are my favorites!!!

Your 2nd assumption is the right one.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    oooooh is Robecca using the adult buck???? AWESOME!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    oooooh is Robecca using the adult buck???? AWESOME!
    She is taller than Venus so everyone is assuming she is as tall as Nefera otherwise Nefera is a one off and Mattel does not work that way

Yup and people opt not to buy them because they are so plentiful so thus you end up with high prices later

Same thing happened with Spectra, they sent cases out of just her around November (6 to a case) there was a point where I saw an entire 2 shelving unit at Walmart with Spectras...and now she is $60-100

Nefera and Jackson will be next like that, Nefera suffers from being so tall nothing really works on her. Once Robecca hits and you have 2 tall dolls you will see a new fashion to work with them and then the crap will hit the fan with people wanting Nefera.

I remember that. I had been on the fence about Monster High since I first saw them, then I walked into a local Walmart and they had a display full of Spectras, at least 4 cases worth. Soon as I saw her, I knew I was done. But I didn't have enough money for her, so I came back the next day - every last one was gone. I didn't find another one until the first week of January, and that was the last time I saw Spectra at retail.