Page 7 of 130 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Felt kinda bad since I think I screwed a grandma and her girls out of it but oh well
    I refuse to look at it that way! Kids grow out of stuff in no time. I know some child isn't going to derive the same joy out of them or take as good care of them that I will! On the off chance a little girl grows up and still likes Monster High, she can get on eBay and overpay for the dolls she always wanted but never had just as we all have!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I refuse to look at it that way! Kids grow out of stuff in no time. I know some child isn't going to derive the same joy out of them or take as good care of them that I will! On the off chance a little girl grows up and still likes Monster High, she can get on eBay and overpay for the dolls she always wanted but never had just as we all have!
    Yay! Im glad Im not the only one who feels that way!

I collected a few of the nicer Bratz years ago, and On so many occasions Id get dirty looks from moms and Granmas. On a few occasions they would pull their kids away from the aisle like mother ducks!

With MH at least its all online buying for me!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Preview of the Nickelodeon Special is at

http://www.monsterhigh.com/dawn-of-dance

The special airs on Halloween!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Preview of the Nickelodeon Special is at

http://www.monsterhigh.com/dawn-of-dance

The special airs on Halloween!
    I knew they would air it on Halloween, hope it does great and then they release a full fledged TV series. Though I just checked Dish Networks guide and it lists iCarly on Nick that day. Still have not checked online programming guides though yet.

EDIT:

Nope nothing listed on zap2it.com maybe I should throw on Nick. hmmmmmmm.
    Last edited by MOTUfan; October 25, 2010 at 01:18pm.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Check out the youtube page for an all new webisode called Freakout Friday!!!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

I'm a Val-Pal.
    So, did anyone watch the pilot/special yesterday? We did and it expanded on a bit in a few of the webisodes, but it was a pilot and had to introduce everyone. It was very well done. And hopefully it gets a ongoing series sooner rather than later.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

It was okay, I guess the writers and development team did the best they could, but it was still the typical pilot that all toy related cartoons use.

I wish they would have made the credits a full screen rather than cutting it down to less than 1/4 of the screen's resolution.

Does anyone know where I can find the full cast and crew credits they used?

Oh and what do all of you think of this?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Lots of new stuff upcoming for Monster High and the wiki gives info revealed in the diaries that are included in the dolls about possible upcoming characters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_High#Current_lines

Fashion packs

* School Spirit Uniforms Clawdeen (Soccer)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Deuce Gorgon (Casketball)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Frankie Stein (Fearleading)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Lagoona Blue (Surfing)

Playsets

* Draculaura's coffin
    * Frankie Stein's Bed

Electrocuties

* Count Fabulous
    * Watzit
    * Neptuna

Wave 3

Basic

* Abbey Bominable
    * Spectra Vondergiest

Draculaura / Clawdeen Wolf Gift Pack

Fashion Gift Set

Playsets

* Lagoona's Hydration Station

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

I hate to say it, but I think Mattel has REALLY dropped the ball with this line. It was horribly underproduced. There was so much demand for these dolls when they first hit that I was fielding calls everyday with people looking for them, but we NEVER had them. And when we did get them, we might have gotten five or six cases or sometimes just one. We recently got maybe three in and they were the original assortment, with Clawdeen and not the two newer characters, which was sad because Ghoulia is such a hit, but Deuce was kind of a turkey. He actually LINGERED on our shelves for over a week, maybe two. We got one case of Dawn of the Dance EVER and the Mattel rep hand delivered it. It never came on our trucks. I still occasionally get requests for it (and we never have them), but the frequency is more like once a month. I think girls have moved on to other, more readily available toys like Squinkies and Zoobles and Moxie Girls.

I hate to say it, but I think Mattel has REALLY dropped the ball with this line. It was horribly underproduced. There was so much demand for these dolls when they first hit that I was fielding calls everyday with people looking for them, but we NEVER had them. And when we did get them, we might have gotten five or six cases or sometimes just one. We recently got maybe three in and they were the original assortment, with Clawdeen and not the two newer characters, which was sad because Ghoulia is such a hit, but Deuce was kind of a turkey. He actually LINGERED on our shelves for over a week, maybe two. We got one case of Dawn of the Dance EVER and the Mattel rep hand delivered it. It never came on our trucks. I still occasionally get requests for it (and we never have them), but the frequency is more like once a month. I think girls have moved on to other, more readily available toys like Squinkies and Zoobles and Moxie Girls.
    The demand is still very much there, just try watching nowinstock.net for a week and you will see. This line with the exception of the Duece 2 pack has a 100% sell out rate regardless of store. Even when FAO Schwarz started charging $35 a doll it sold out.

Mattel is leaving money on the table that much is true, but I think it still has another 1-2 years left and more webisodes are being produced.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I certainly hope you're right, but yeah, Mattel needs to get crackin'! They crap out so much junk that sits on the shelves, and then they have this line which I agree sells out completely whenever it actually shows up. They need to stop producing so many Twilight Barbies and so many variations of the Disney Princesses and focus more on this line.

I certainly hope you're right, but yeah, Mattel needs to get crackin'! They crap out so much junk that sits on the shelves, and then they have this line which I agree sells out completely whenever it actually shows up. They need to stop producing so many Twilight Barbies and so many variations of the Disney Princesses and focus more on this line.
    Seriously, its not like they don't know the demand. I was talking to 2 target managers yesterday who were just livid with Mattel screwing them. They said Mattel is even mad at Mattel cause the reps are not able to sell product they do not have

On the upside I went to 4 Targets yesterday and they put out shipments of the Dance Wave and promptly all sold out in a few mins! The one manager had no idea what to fill the space with so he moved play pans and dishes into it
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

We call it "flexing out." We do it a lot in December to make sure our shelves are filled to capacity. We have the Deuce/Cleo set taking up the room that the single dolls would and, sigh, the Justin Bieber doll. ha ha!

Even though I don't have any of them, I do like this line. I just hope it's another Cabbage Patch Kids(impossible to find for its first Christmas but a long lasting toyline) and not another Zhu-Zhu Pets(one good Christmas and then peg warmers). It's hard to stick up for Mattel when they keep making dumb mistakes that seem to be based on either stubborness or ignorance.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Im still trying to source a ghoulia and Holt, I emailed BBTS and they said they werent sure if they would stock them anymore, cos they couldnt get stock! and they sold out of the 1st wave and DOTD!

Mattel Really underestimated this one!

ka

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Im still trying to source a ghoulia and Holt, I emailed BBTS and they said they werent sure if they would stock them anymore, cos they couldnt get stock! and they sold out of the 1st wave and DOTD!

Mattel Really underestimated this one!

ka
    Your best bet for those two is Target or Toys R Us. I was lucky to find Holt when they got their newest cases at Target but passed on Ghoulia. Spent the next month using nowinstock.net to try and get Ghoulia and finally got her at Toys R Us.

But definitely Mattel left a LOT of money on the table not getting these dolls out.

Walmart recently had a sale on them and sold out instantly of whatever they got. I did manage to see a few Frankies at Target.

Amazon also had to cancel a lot of their MH dolls they put up for preorder because they were unable to get stock from Mattel.

my tru got another shipment of the wave 1 single packs last week so there is still hope. of course they are 24.99 at tru (and like 16.99 at target and walmart).

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Your best bet for those two is Target or Toys R Us. I was lucky to find Holt when they got their newest cases at Target but passed on Ghoulia. Spent the next month using nowinstock.net to try and get Ghoulia and finally got her at Toys R Us.

But definitely Mattel left a LOT of money on the table not getting these dolls out.
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!

TRU wont post internationally, but I have a lot of Contacts in the states -Both from the .org and Jemcon- who I can forward parcels too, Thats how I got My DC/MOTUC packs.

will email BBTS again tonight and see whats happening there ,as id like to use 'Pile Of Loot' as a safty net! Hopefully Mattel have wised up and upped production numbers! so that retailers can get the stock.

Heres hopin!

ka

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Awesome thanks for the heads up!

TRU wont post internationally, but I have a lot of Contacts in the states -Both from the .org and Jemcon- who I can forward parcels too, Thats how I got My DC/MOTUC packs.

will email BBTS again tonight and see whats happening there ,as id like to use 'Pile Of Loot' as a safty net! Hopefully Mattel have wised up and upped production numbers! so that retailers can get the stock.

Heres hopin!

ka
    No problem, I swear by nowinstock.net since you can add tracking for all stores and it emails you the min they come in stock (like I just got an email about Clawdeen being in stock at Target)

http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/monsterhighdolls/

Hopefully you can find what you need, its a shame that its so undershipped. You know its bad when even retailers are mad, normally with Mattel product its retailers who are wanting to get rid of it cause it is not selling

I'm a Val-Pal.
    We will be using that site definitely All we need is a Dance Frankie, then of course the Gloom Beach wave, and all of the misc things. Then of course the upcoming stuff that isn't even out like the Fashion sets, and play sets that are upcoming. Does anyone know the retail on the Gloom Beach Dolls is it really 11.99 each?? If so why such a drop, likely cause less accessories and it appears from pics on ebay much smaller packaging. Which is sad I think it would have been better to keep the packages the same size for a uniform set.

Wendy

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    We will be using that site definitely All we need is a Dance Frankie, then of course the Gloom Beach wave, and all of the misc things. Then of course the upcoming stuff that isn't even out like the Fashion sets, and play sets that are upcoming. Does anyone know the retail on the Gloom Beach Dolls is it really 11.99 each?? If so why such a drop, likely cause less accessories and it appears from pics on ebay much smaller packaging. Which is sad I think it would have been better to keep the packages the same size for a uniform set.

Wendy
    I don't think the Dawn of the Dance dolls should be as expensive. They are simpler and have fewer accessories than the regular dolls. The Gloom Beach ones are wearing a lot less clothing and I assume also fewer accessories. It's the same as those bathing suit Barbies they sell for $4.99.

That's why I'm not really interested in the subsets. I passed on DotD and will also be skipping GB. I wanted a Jackson Jekyll, but not in a bathing suit! He won't fit in with the regular dolls at all! I'll wait and hope they issue him in "street clothes" at some point.

I wanted a Jackson Jekyll, but not in a bathing suit! He won't fit in with the regular dolls at all! I'll wait and hope they issue him in "street clothes" at some point.
    thats my way of thinking too!

[/CENTER]

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    I wanted a Jackson Jekyll, but not in a bathing suit! He won't fit in with the regular dolls at all! I'll wait and hope they issue him in "street clothes" at some point.

Plus the box looks weird with the rest of them if your not buying varients :/
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anubis View Post
    Plus the box looks weird with the rest of them if your not buying varients :/
    Yeah we only pre-ordered Jackson to have him, but I fully expect to sell or trade off that figure when the "real" version is released so we won't be opening.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    http://www.nowinstock.net/toys/monsterhighdolls/

Tons are now available, even more on Amazon.com including the following through Amazon sellers:

Fashion packs

* School Spirit Uniforms Clawdeen (Soccer)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Deuce Gorgon (Casketball)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Frankie Stein (Fearleading)
    * School Spirit Uniforms Lagoona Blue (Surfing)

Playsets

* Draculaura's coffin
    * Frankie Stein's Bed

So the series is going great

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77