Page 70 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

  1. #1726
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I remember that. I had been on the fence about Monster High since I first saw them, then I walked into a local Walmart and they had a display full of Spectras, at least 4 cases worth. Soon as I saw her, I knew I was done. But I didn't have enough money for her, so I came back the next day - every last one was gone. I didn't find another one until the first week of January, and that was the last time I saw Spectra at retail.
    Yup like I have been saying us MH Veterans know the deal by now, its almost like a game and we have the cheat book on what to do
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  2. #1727
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    That Purse comes from a Barbie or Mattel doll, I am not sure if this is the exact doll in the picture but that looks like the Keyboard.
    Oh, neat! That must be where I saw it. I KNOW I saw it somewhere before.

    I all saw that they have Nefera and Operetta for sale at ShopMattel.com for 17.99 each. Which is a great deal if you or someone you know needs one, Plus there shipping is pretty cheap over there.
    Yeah, I just saw them today there. Unfortunately, I already bought loose ones and I paid more for Nefera. It's okay though, I bought them from a person I got some other things from, so it works out in the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Did Operetta and Nefera ship in absurdly large numbers? I've noticed those 2 are common in online shops. I'd think signature dolls would sell better.. I know Operetta's had a sparse webisode presence but I don't think Rochelle's even been in one yet(Venus has, and her doll's not yet out) and she can get a bit high(between $22-$30 on Amazon). Nefera I almost see selling a bit poor because her character is so unlikeable, but Toralei is worse and she still sells. I also think both Operette and Nefera are decent offerings, I'd even suggest Nefera as an option to people not really into the line just because of her royal Egyptian look.

    Or will those 2 become the next $75 dolls within a year?
    Operetta and Nefera are the ONLY regular dolls I've seen anywhere in my area (except for the 1600 series Draculaura, Clawdeen and I think Dead Tired stuff). I saw one girl keep picking up and staring at Nefera. I went through all the toy aisles a few times (and movies) and she was still there! I think she really wanted her.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  3. #1728
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    I really like Nefera, I like how tall she is and how she looks. I think a lot of people are going to miss her when she is phased out completely in the next case
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  4. #1729
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yup like I have been saying us MH Veterans know the deal by now, its almost like a game and we have the cheat book on what to do
    Yeah, Once you find out they are out in stores either by checking out online forums( This one is very good) or there a lot of them on Ebay all of a sudden. You need to go out and hunt for them right away if you want them badly enough or you need them right away (Like Me ) if you wait more than a few weeks (sometimes just days) they will be gone but if you dont mind waiting you usually get another shot in 3 to 4 months Unless it is christmas time.

  5. #1730
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,945
    I found the new Puma and Ghost CAM packs today at TRU.

    I said last month that I wasn't going to buy these any more but the Ghost Girl just looked too good to pass up. Since I was buying the one I figured I'd better buy the Puma one too since it's probably never see it again.

    I can't believe I missed out on those Party dolls this morning. URGH!!!

  6. #1731
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    132
    Well, AFi did ask Matty about Monster High this time around... oh, well...

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...june-15th-2012

    Q1. Has Monster High ever been considered for MattyCollector offerings? I would think that the site would be a great way to release more of the male characters and school faculty in numbers that could satisfy collectors without the danger of clogging retail shelves with less-desirable-to-kids characters.

    A1. While we are all fans of MH, nothing is planned for Mattycollector.com at this time.

  7. #1732
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    Some rumors I heard...

    * wave 2 Lagoona being reshipped in the next case?
    * images floating around of wave 1 dolls repacked in the current box style for a possible reissue?

    I wonder if there's any truth to those, or if they're just baseless rumors? Wave 2 Lagoona sounds iffy and I couldn't find any of those supposed pics of repacked dolls.

  8. #1733
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Some rumors I heard...

    * wave 2 Lagoona being reshipped in the next case?
    * images floating around of wave 1 dolls repacked in the current box style for a possible reissue?

    I wonder if there's any truth to those, or if they're just baseless rumors? Wave 2 Lagoona sounds iffy and I couldn't find any of those supposed pics of repacked dolls.
    I can confirm to you Wave 2 Lagoona (Lagoona 2.0) is scheduled for re-release in Wave 9, its in the solicitation. Its been known for a while. That is not the next case though so whoever said that is full of it, the next case is Wave 8 and contains 2x Venus and 2 Robecca as well as a refresh of Abbey and Rochelle. There is no room for Lagoona

    I have never heard the 2nd rumor nor seen any solicitations from Mattel or any other vendor for that case asst. Not saying its not possible but unless its being setup to come at Christmas or in the Nov-Jan slots for Wave 10-12 it is not happening.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    Well, AFi did ask Matty about Monster High this time around... oh, well...

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...june-15th-2012
    Translation, MH is making far too much money at retail to need to waste time coming to MattyCollector.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  9. #1734
    Heroic Warrior Stratos*Major's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    MS, Gulf Coast
    Posts
    2,257
    These dolls are crack...

    I still remember seeing them and thinking...dang they're ugly! 2 years later...

    Darkspecter....GREAT idea about the Spectra Body use for the Ghost CAM!! I was thinking a Cupid...but the $20.00 is WAY better than 30 - 40!

  10. #1735
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I can confirm to you Wave 2 Lagoona (Lagoona 2.0) is scheduled for re-release in Wave 9, its in the solicitation. Its been known for a while. That is not the next case though so whoever said that is full of it, the next case is Wave 8 and contains 2x Venus and 2 Robecca as well as a refresh of Abbey and Rochelle. There is no room for Lagoona

    I have never heard the 2nd rumor nor seen any solicitations from Mattel or any other vendor for that case asst. Not saying its not possible but unless its being setup to come at Christmas or in the Nov-Jan slots for Wave 10-12 it is not happening.

    wave 2 Lagoona seems like an odd choice to reissue an older doll though. I know Abbey is from that wave and got another shipment, but that was a first version. Spectra is wave 2 and in demand, but Lagoona seems like just a random pick.

    I'll certainly hold off on scraping up cash to buy either Clawdeen, Lagoona or Cleo/Deuce for the time being, in case the reissue does happen. Christmas seems likely, it's a big holiday sales push and would hook newer collectors who missed them. I won't get my hopes up but I'll hesitate on spending collector cash on those same dolls.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Draculaura + classroom Lagoona lab coat = instant NCIS Abby Sciuto doll


  11. #1736
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    wave 2 Lagoona seems like an odd choice to reissue an older doll though. I know Abbey is from that wave and got another shipment, but that was a first version. Spectra is wave 2 and in demand, but Lagoona seems like just a random pick.
    I think it was due to all the complaining that happened because Lagoona 2.0 was in Abbeys wave which instantly sold out in Nov/Dec of last year.

    From a distribution standpoint Mattel has sent out more than enough Spectra's, because people did not opt to buy her is irrelevant. But Abbey/Lagoona got a limited release during the biggest time of the year so the majority of fans missed both her original Signature and her 2nd release. I think I saw 1 the entire year at a TRU, this is in direct contrast to the shelves of Spectra or the boxes of the Toralei wave that followed.

    Wave 10 will be fun to see if they re-release anything or if they have all new characters, since Wave 9 basically has no new dolls (its just a refresh for Robecca/Venus)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  12. #1737
    Heroic Warrior eurorko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,777
    Found the high school playset at Toysrus. What a massive playset, expensive too ($89.99). It's amazing to see how much this line is expanding. I wish they would have included the principal with the high school.

  13. #1738
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Found the high school playset at Toysrus. What a massive playset, expensive too ($89.99). It's amazing to see how much this line is expanding. I wish they would have included the principal with the high school.
    Yeah I wish it had a pack in figure just to give a bit more value with such a high price tag
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  14. #1739
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,228
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    From a distribution standpoint Mattel has sent out more than enough Spectra's, because people did not opt to buy her is irrelevant.
    Uh... yeah... there were plenty of Spectra's on the shelves, it's just that she is a ghost, so they were all invisible, which is why it looked like the stores never had her instock.

    After all, if I realized this, I would have bought her, but I was looking for visible toys instead.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  15. #1740
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Uh... yeah... there were plenty of Spectra's on the shelves, it's just that she is a ghost, so they were all invisible, which is why it looked like the stores never had her instock.
    It's starting to sound like a lot of them went to Australia where they've piled up, but not so much in the US. If I had any idea what it would cost just to mail one from AUS to US I'd see if I could get one that way.

  16. #1741
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,155
    the problem was it was during holiday frenzy, where within 5 minutes a store or section can be picked clean. With many parents turning their kids into Veruca Salt and they want them all and they want them now (shouted out in their best Freddie Mercury) their parents get them what they can.

    The CAMs mainly sat on shelves probably less because they are a bit over priced, lacked a second torso but more because they lack names. Parents are given a list of names, because for some reason when kids become adults and than parents they can't remember the names of anything their kids like aside from the product line. They even give them goofy names that often have only the vaguest since of the dolls name. I am sure many moms call Draculuara, Vampira or Vampygirl, or something else like the pink one.

    The CAM sets mostly ended up going because dad finally went out and all he knows is Monster High and it being the 23rd it was all he could find.
    Last edited by wyldman11; June 16, 2012 at 01:03pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  17. #1742
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's starting to sound like a lot of them went to Australia where they've piled up, but not so much in the US. If I had any idea what it would cost just to mail one from AUS to US I'd see if I could get one that way.
    If you got the person to open it you could have one shipped for around $40 but boxed would cost you $45-60 which is about what eBay would be so it's break even
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  18. #1743
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    I lucked out and got the new fuel pump for my car for only $20, by taking one that was nearly new off another car that didn't run anymore. Much less than I'd expected to spend on that job... plus I got about $200 by gathering up and selling old tools and such I hadn't really used in years to the local pawn shop. So I took some of that money and just ordered these on Amazon-

    Draculaura/Clawd 2-pack
    Jackson Jekyll
    Sweet 1600 Clawdeen
    Clawdeen school fashion pack

    It takes care of finding a Jackson, which I don't expect to ever see locally. I don't have to worry about the price on the 2-pack possibly going up later, and I'll recover a small bit of the price by selling Clawd's pet. Though if I sell off that Draculaura too, it'll be like paying a few dollars for Clawd. I won't really decide that until I have it in hand though.

    As for the Clawdeen, I figured she'd be the best fodder for the fashion pack and much of her clothing and such I can probably sell off. No doubt I'll keep one of the pairs of shoes for a CAM set though. True, I could have waited for DT2 but once I sell the extra stuff off the price will balance back out, and DT doesn't have the earrings. I think the purple gloves will also work with the suit.

  19. #1744
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    409
    Spectra is one of the Few MH dolls to have a real Variant, Besides the packaging? Right?

    Also a Small Heads Up if anyone doesnt know yet. Dead Tired and Roller Maze have been showing up on and off over on Amazon Late last night I was able to get Drac, Claw and Abbey DT2 Dolls and All the Roller Maze Except Frankie. I think she is going to be the tough one to get. Because she is only one per case and part of the Main Girl Click. I was going to let everyone know they were there but they sold out right away. I just got lucky. I know as Adult Collectors we wish for more Characters but the Kids Out There love the Main Cast and cant seam to get enough of them. I Thought the dolls were popular last year I feel this year it is only going to get harder to collect.

  20. #1745
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Spectra is one of the Few MH dolls to have a real Variant, Besides the packaging? Right?

    Also a Small Heads Up if anyone doesnt know yet. Dead Tired and Roller Maze have been showing up on and off over on Amazon Late last night I was able to get Drac, Claw and Abbey DT2 Dolls and All the Roller Maze Except Frankie. I think she is going to be the tough one to get. Because she is only one per case and part of the Main Girl Click. I was going to let everyone know they were there but they sold out right away. I just got lucky. I know as Adult Collectors we wish for more Characters but the Kids Out There love the Main Cast and cant seam to get enough of them. I Thought the dolls were popular last year I feel this year it is only going to get harder to collect.
    I am not too concerned about the Roller Maze, with 8-10 Walmarts and knowing from management that some are supposed to get endcaps of it I should be able to get at least 1 set

    Its the Roller Maze exclusive I am concerned about, Kmarts in general are pretty crappy at stocking items and the fact they will get a limited exclusive means if you see it immediately buy it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  21. #1746
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    I hesitate to say, but Roller Maze is a line which doesn't interest me.

  22. #1747
    Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calif, USA
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I am not too concerned about the Roller Maze, with 8-10 Walmarts and knowing from management that some are supposed to get endcaps of it I should be able to get at least 1 set

    Its the Roller Maze exclusive I am concerned about, Kmarts in general are pretty crappy at stocking items and the fact they will get a limited exclusive means if you see it immediately buy it.
    Yeah that is going to be a Ruff one! its Abbey, It Looks Great( Luv the Ice Helmet) It is part of a set, and it at Kmart. The Nearest Kmart is over 50 miles away and the website stinks!

    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I hesitate to say, but Roller Maze is a line which doesn't interest me.
    I pretty much Feel the same way about RM, but I have become a Compulsive completest with this line. I enjoy the chase of getting them as much as the dolls themselves. There is just enough out there to find and hard enough to make it a challenge. I wish Action figures were still this fun to collect. There is either a bunch of figures you have or dont need/want or ones you never find. Monster High is the best of both worlds!! Great Figures, Good Variant Lines, Fairly Low Cost(until now) and Fun to Collect.
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; June 16, 2012 at 07:54pm.

  23. #1748
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    I'm honestly surprised how few clothing packs have been released. But I guess with all the people who would just go out and by a spare doll for them anyway, selling just a complete doll is going to make Mattel more money than the solo packs... and some of the packs got their own dolls later on anyway, with 2 more coming out.

  24. #1749
    Super Powered Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Near Cyclone Nation (Iowa)
    Posts
    22,704
    Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I'm honestly surprised how few clothing packs have been released. But I guess with all the people who would just go out and by a spare doll for them anyway, selling just a complete doll is going to make Mattel more money than the solo packs... and some of the packs got their own dolls later on anyway, with 2 more coming out.
    I don't know there has been more than 12 clothing packs, that is not to bad for a line where each new dolls (Signature and sub line) comes with a new piece of clothing

    Mattel is making a fortune on $8-10 for a piece of fabric and some shoes, we should feel lucky they don't just make clothing packs
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

    Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

  25. #1750
    Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cincinnati WKRP
    Posts
    1,648
    What they need to make are "generic" clothing packs. No character specific theme sets, just packs of shirts, shorts, pants, skirts and shoes. Maybe even a guy pack for the few male dolls. I'm almost sure that packing those school jackets would sell such sets, we know they have the sewing template for the girl's jacket ready.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •