Page 72 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    It's possible the seller just swiped pics rather than taking their own... though a lot of sellers will apparently list dolls they don't have, expecting to get them in by auction's end but don't state that.

Do I feel dumb for paying $42 for a Draculaura last month? No, not really. I had no indication at the time that she'd see another retail release. We also have no solid evidence that Ghoulia's coming back out, just that she's on the back of the box. Same with Holt, though some people have suspected as much with the DJ booth in the school. Frankie got passed over for wave 2. And as much as I hope that Lagoona and Clawdeen wave 1 get another issue I won't know that for certain until we see some better proof, since right now it looks like mostly wave 2 dolls.
    The Wave 2 dolls were the ones that came with Spectra and sold out fast for Christmas. Though the Frankies were $10 last October so why that one is getting reissued is inexplicable to me.

If I hear anything on the distribution side I will let people know but right now Mattel is only soliciting the waves we already know about and the expensive halloween dolls. That is not to say it won't come, the storybook dolls were leaked but no solicitation has come for them so maybe this case is in that next set of reveals.

Or maybe we will hear something at the MH Panel in a month
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    The Wave 2 dolls were the ones that came with Spectra and sold out fast for Christmas. Though the Frankies were $10 last October so why that one is getting reissued is inexplicable to me.

If I hear anything on the distribution side I will let people know but right now Mattel is only soliciting the waves we already know about and the expensive halloween dolls. That is not to say it won't come, the storybook dolls were leaked but no solicitation has come for them so maybe this case is in that next set of reveals.

Or maybe we will hear something at the MH Panel in a month
    I was thinking maybe these are wave 10? Because Lagoona 2.0 is in wave 9 so maybe the next couple of waves are going to have repacks. If the case is all repacks which it looks like these are a lot faster to make and to get to market faster. I am sure they is a major rush to get More MH to the shelves because it always looks empty compared to other toy lines

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    I was thinking maybe these are wave 10? Because Lagoona 2.0 is in wave 9 so maybe the next couple of waves are going to have repacks. If the case is all repacks which it looks like these are a lot faster to make and to get to market faster. I am sure they is a major rush to get More MH to the shelves because it always looks empty compared to other toy lines
    Yeah it would fit the model set by Wave 7 with the reissue of Abbey. I know Mattel has heard a lot of complaints over the lack of dolls from older waves.

Its just funny that Wave 10 which has not been made available for mass market to order would ship and be in stock before the highly anticipated Wave 8 and Wave 9

Then again this is the same Mattel that 2 weeks ago shipped out the Create a Monster Lab booster packs to stores and independent retailers for a Lab that is not set to come out till the end of August/Early September.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Considering that the only new characters we know of yet to get doll releases are Arachne and Bloodgood, and much of what we know of upcoming are going to be more variants with only 2 new characters in the batch... plus the playsets... it's mostly going to be variants for the rest of the year. Re-shipping older dolls also means no new design work on their part, easily padding out the line in the process without over-producing the current stuff.

The downside is, with most of the upcoming lines being multiple versions of the core cast and fewer new characters coming out this may be there the line starts to choke at retail. I'm sure more than a few people will go "but I already have 5 of that character!" eventually.

Considering that the only new characters we know of yet to get doll releases are Arachne and Bloodgood, and much of what we know of upcoming are going to be more variants with only 2 new characters in the batch... plus the playsets... it's mostly going to be variants for the rest of the year. Re-shipping older dolls also means no new design work on their part, easily padding out the line in the process without over-producing the current stuff.

The downside is, with most of the upcoming lines being multiple versions of the core cast and fewer new characters coming out this may be there the line starts to choke at retail. I'm sure more than a few people will go "but I already have 5 of that character!" eventually.
    You would think but Frankie and Clawdeen seem to say that people will still keep buying them lol

I read that these are being made in the Chinese factory which means they will be higher quality as Mattel moves away from Indonesian factory that had so many errors over recent waves

I have no doubt that wave 1 Laura, wave 2 Clawdeen and Spectra will sell decently. Laura us about $50 online(was $40 only last month...), Spectra and Clawdeen $90. My concern is all the theme lines possibly clogging up shelves. Not that I'd have a problem with full shelves, it beats the empty shelves I see every time I shop. But full shelves of dolls few people want mean less store ordering. That's my concern over the rush of theme dolls. You have clear winners, such as GR Draculaura and Frankie, but also clear losers such as GR Clawdeen(a doll so hideous I wouldn't want it for free... but it seems Clawdeen gets the bad end of the ugly doll stick a lot).

I have no doubt that wave 1 Laura, wave 2 Clawdeen and Spectra will sell decently. Laura us about $50 online(was $40 only last month...), Spectra and Clawdeen $90. My concern is all the theme lines possibly clogging up shelves. Not that I'd have a problem with full shelves, it beats the empty shelves I see every time I shop. But full shelves of dolls few people want mean less store ordering. That's my concern over the rush of theme dolls. You have clear winners, such as GR Draculaura and Frankie, but also clear losers such as GR Clawdeen(a doll so hideous I wouldn't want it for free... but it seems Clawdeen gets the bad end of the ugly doll stick a lot).
    I would not worry too much, last year was the same and they still managed to move it all. Plus it seems they are getting better at shipping so that cases come in less frequently which means that dolls have time to breathe

Went toy huntin' today ( I did grocery shopping, too ), and decided to go to Lapeer instead of Bay City/Saginaw. Went to Meijers, and look who I found:

There were three of her, two of Ghoulia, and no Lagoona. If they come in a case of six, 'goon's going to be very hard to find. I liked the Ghoulia too, but in the back of my brain was a voice telling me she's going to be in a two-pack with Abbey in a couple of months, so I passed. And I know, good luck finding her when she comes out.

They also had the DT Clawdeen (single) as well, but I decided to wait on her. She's actually a nice-looking Clawdeen, with bronze streaks in her hair and subtle make-up. I was just limited in fundage and had several other stores to peruse through. I didn't find anything else until I went to Wal-marts and found the new CAM add-ons (but not the new CAM packs ). So I grabbed young Panthro, and I'll get Spectra's cousin later.

The fact that I found these bodes well, because it means they are starting to trickle into my neck of the woods. Yeah!
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; June 20, 2012 at 02:34pm.

Yeah Lagoona is shortpacked in the Roller Maze wave so if you guys see her buy her

Two things

1) it's nice to see the helmets don't come on their heads, meaning no need to worry about trying to get it off if you want to use the doll for another outfit. But their is in a pony with no style which is good or bad.

2) her left arm looks uncomfortable in that pose, if she was a human.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Two things

1) it's nice to see the helmets don't come on their heads, meaning no need to worry about trying to get it off if you want to use the doll for another outfit. But their is in a pony with no style which is good or bad.

2) her left arm looks uncomfortable in that pose, if she was a human.

It is a rather painful-looking pose, isn't it?

Obviously I don't know about Lagoona, but if I remember correctly, Ghoulia has pigtails.

I got my shipping notice from Amazon last night. By Saturday I'll have Sweet 1600 Clawdeen, Clawdeen's school club pack, Jackson and Clawd/Draculaura.

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone needs the Clawd/Laura 2-pack, it's now $25.09 on Amazon and eligible for free shipping. It's just over the $25 limit for free shipping, too. No guarantee how long that price will hold though.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Cupid's getting re-boxed too, in a standard box and not Sweet 1600, for another shipment. Wonder if the store exclusive will apply to this version? This was found on eBay too.

Hey, fine by me, I can't find Cupid so another shipment helps.

Yeah I saw that earlier the case it comes from supposedly is

1x Draculaura 1.0 in new box
    1x Frankie 2.0
    1x Clawdeen 2.0
    1x Spectra
    2x Cupid (Non-1600 with Diary)

I assume this is Wave 10? Or a special one off Wave that has no solicitation because my distributor in Florida, EE, BBTS and the other retailers I have asked have no clue what this case is

And of course the eBay reseller will not devulge where this case came from, how they ordered it or anything about it other than the pics and the breakdown

Only one to ask now is Mattel and see what they say.

Yeah I saw that earlier the case it comes from supposedly is

1x Draculaura 1.0 in new box
    1x Frankie 2.0
    1x Clawdeen 2.0
    1x Spectra
    2x Cupid (Non-1600 with Diary)

I assume this is Wave 10? Or a special one off Wave that has no solicitation because my distributor in Florida, EE, BBTS and the other retailers I have asked have no clue what this case is

And of course the eBay reseller will not devulge where this case came from, how they ordered it or anything about it other than the pics and the breakdown
    Cupid was a Walmart Exclusive, I would guess it still is. Maybe this must be some kind of "Make Up Wave" For Walmart because something got messed up with Cupid the first time around. I could see walmart wouldnt need full cases of Cupid anymore so the mixed it up with some "Greatest Hits Figures" to fill up the case. I also would not be surprised if we see in the next couple of Wave with more re-releases Like Ghoulia and Holt Hyde since they are pictured on the back. I guess time will tell.

As A completest I will need to get the Draculaura and the Cupid in the new Packaging...
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; June 20, 2012 at 09:00pm.

Only one to ask now is Mattel and see what they say.
    Good luck with that, Mattel is amazingly silent on these kinds of issues

- - - Updated - - -

Cupid was a Walmart Exclusive, I would guess it still is. Maybe this must be some kind of "Make Up Wave" For Walmart because something got messed up with Cupid the first time around. I could see walmart wouldnt need full cases of Cupid anymore so the mixed it up with some "Greatest Hits Figures" to fill up the case. I also would not be surprised if we see in the next couple of Wave with more re-releases Like Ghoulia and Holt Hyde since they are pictured on the back. I guess time will tell.

As A completest I will need to get the Draculaura and the Cupid in the new Packaging...
    Yeah that would make sense actually, Walmart was livid when they bought millions of dollars in Sunday ad space and had to raincheck with other product Mattel did not send them (the other 1600 dolls) so they were basically left telling their customers they had nothing to offer them. This could be a case solely to stay in Mattel's favor after the massive Cupid botch

With that said I got my Dot Dead Gorgeous Order in from Toys R Us. Love the way they look especially the Lagoona and Spectra. These things will sell pretty good I think

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    If anyone needs the Clawd/Laura 2-pack, it's now $25.09 on Amazon and eligible for free shipping. It's just over the $25 limit for free shipping, too. No guarantee how long that price will hold though.
    G'ah! I had to make an order. I couldn't pass that up. I can't remember if I posted this or not, but the Clawd/Laura 2-pack is $45 + 13% tax at my local ToysRUs in Canada. That's...insane. Amazon.com also has the CAM Witch/Cat and Boy Gargoyle/Vampire sets for $22. I also bought a Liv doll (Dancing Alexis...on sale for $9.28) because I REALLY want her wig for the Sea Monster doll. It's the only wig I've seen on her that looks good!

Anyone buying on Amazon.com, PLEASE go to www.he-man.org homepage and click on the He-Man Amazon GIF and THEN make your Amazon.com order. They get advertising money or something, which they use to pay for this site to keep it up. It helps the .org stay alive. I clicked it.

Looks like Cupid's getting re-boxed too, in a standard box and not Sweet 1600, for another shipment. Wonder if the store exclusive will apply to this version? This was found on eBay too.
    Double Damn! I just bought her last week because I saw her on clearance at Wal-Mart. I didn't see her the week before either. I want her diary! Her hair looks different in that box too...

With that said I got my Dot Dead Gorgeous Order in from Toys R Us. Love the way they look especially the Lagoona and Spectra. These things will sell pretty good I think
    Could I see a close-up of that Spectra's face please? I'm thinking she might be perfect for a custom doll.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 20, 2012 at 09:39pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Yeah that would make sense actually, Walmart was livid when they bought millions of dollars in Sunday ad space and had to raincheck with other product Mattel did not send them (the other 1600 dolls) so they were basically left telling their customers they had nothing to offer them. This could be a case solely to stay in Mattel's favor after the massive Cupid botch

It is the only thing I can think of that makes the most sense with the "Facts" Walmart said" Give us the Rest of Cupids We Ordered and Throw in some of the Main Girls for our shelves because we dont have any Product". They must of Used the 1.0 Draculaura because the really isnt a 2.0 one. I still believe the the 1.0 are basicly retired and I would be surprised if we see any of them in the near future, But you never know.

And Just when you dont Think you need any more MH Variants they Hook you in again!! The Dot Dead dolls are great but It does make getting the Walmart 3 pack a must and that is going to make it harder to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Could I see a close-up of that Spectra's face please? I'm thinking she might be perfect for a custom doll.
    Here you go, I had the Camera out. Sorry if the picture isnt that great.
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; June 20, 2012 at 09:51pm.

Considering the time it probably takes to produce a shipment of dolls, it makes sense. Cupid would have been Jan-Feb for the 14th, and it probably took a good 3 months to make and ship the batch, and more likely Cupid kept her exclusive status(I have rarely, if ever, heard of store/con exclusives suddenly going general release)

I'm just hoping, if this is the case, that MY WM actually stocks these. Beyond odds and ends my local store has been mostly bare of the dolls. I would guess it's a combo of infrequent restocking and stuff being bought up quickly.

Considering the time it probably takes to produce a shipment of dolls, it makes sense. Cupid would have been Jan-Feb for the 14th, and it probably took a good 3 months to make and ship the batch, and more likely Cupid kept her exclusive status(I have rarely, if ever, heard of store/con exclusives suddenly going general release)

I'm just hoping, if this is the case, that MY WM actually stocks these. Beyond odds and ends my local store has been mostly bare of the dolls. I would guess it's a combo of infrequent restocking and stuff being bought up quickly.
    It could also mess up the distribution of Wave 8 and Wave 9 (Robecca/Venus and Lagoona 2.0 Reissue) because the later we get into the year the more stores will hold back stock for Christmas.

Which means if this wave is shipping and going on the shelf now and does not move you might be waiting 1-2 months additional to see Robecca/Venus at Walmart. But then there is always Target who got Abbey first last year.

Either way its a good thing for MH fans, a lot of the dolls were requested and should move pretty well. Drac will sit though as will Frankie. They should have put Holt back in this wave especially with Jackson JUST being on the shelves.

Here is a detailed breakdown of the New and Old Cupid dolls
    http://theinsanecrayonbox.tumblr.com...upids-devalued

Well that is a true Variant! I bet there are changes with the others as well and do they all have the new hip joints?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Here you go, I had the Camera out. Sorry if the picture isnt that great.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...r852/001-7.jpg
    Oh, thank you! She might make for a good Edea custom from Final Fantasy 8! I love her:

Oh, very interesting! I like the original better, so I'm happy with my purchase. I just want her dang diary.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; June 20, 2012 at 10:11pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Just in case you needed another pic I took one with my phone

photo.JPG

Kind of annoyed she gets no pet, though I suppose adding a diary makes her a slightly better value than the original was. Plus the plastic leg joints.

Kind of annoyed she gets no pet, though I suppose adding a diary makes her a slightly better value than the original was. Plus the plastic leg joints.
    Yeah but I guess their approach is like the 2.0's which come with new diaries but no pets.