Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3240

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    my point is that there's no reason to expand the MH section because there's (almost) always plenty of space in the current MH sections for new stock.
    Agreed, an expansion would just highlight A)how fast they sell out and B)the inability to keep shelves stocked

Both do not make retailers very happy, empty shelves equal lost money and fast sell outs do not keep people around to buy other things in the store

I have this problem even in my own store, its great to sell out of MH items but then you realize you are sold out and people stop looking. So its an constant issue of keeping stuff on hand to keep people coming back
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    my point is that there's no reason to expand the MH section because there's (almost) always plenty of space in the current MH sections for new stock.
    Maybe expand is the wrong word. Reorganize is a better one. Right now the way the shelves and pegs are not set up properly for all the new stock coming out. All I am saying is if you notice they are changing the Shelves around be ready for newer stuff coming in.

The Retailers Keep underestamating the power of MH. They dont get that not only Girls of just about every age want them, Customizers, Scalp-ors, Collectors, and a whole bunch of Dudes as well. The Competition for these dolls is tough. Even if the bigger stores want more there is no more because all the stores large and small want as many as they can get. Hopefully they will finally get it right soon. Most Toys dont sell this fast these days. It has been a while in the toy world Girls or Boys that there has been this big of a run away hit, That just wasnt a one season fad.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Maybe expand is the wrong word. Reorganize is a better one. Right now the way the shelves and pegs are not set up properly for all the new stock coming out. All I am saying is if you notice they are changing the Shelves around be ready for newer stuff coming in.

The Retailers Keep underestamating the power of MH. They dont get that not only Girls of just about every age want them, Customizers, Scalp-ors, Collectors, and a whole bunch of Dudes as well. The Competition for these dolls is tough. Even if the bigger stores want more there is no more because all the stores large and small want as many as they can get. Hopefully they will finally get it right soon. Most Toys dont sell this fast these days. It has been a while in the toy world Girls or Boys that there has been this big of a run away hit, That just wasnt a one season fad.
    i think they are doing a good job keeping this line in demand. barbies just seem to sit there.

and flooding the market isn't a good idea.

i know it's hard to get these dolls, but it's better than the line ending.

The amount of stock may or may not be a retail problem, it could be a manufacture vs demand issue. But it might be a good thing on Mattel right now to be just under their demand. Despite some on the forums here saying the otherwise, people do enjoy a good hunt. I do think the accessory stuff is there to keep the product line in people's minds though. you walk by and see they have the chatters etc and think oh they might have something soon.

The internet has opened up options for those who get frustrated for the hunt. Like I might be picking up Frankie's recent outfit and might have to go online for something like a Dead Tired or see if I like her roller maze in person for what I am going to do.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    The only other toy line selling this well is Skylanders, and it sells only because the figurines interact with the game. How else are $8 immobile statues going to sell that well?

Barbie collector lines sell well, I think, but the typical retail girl's dolls with the airhead smile have mostly cooled off over the years.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post

Its a tough thing to balance, you are always one overstock away from the death of a line. I think they try to keep a healthy stream of stock or at least make the orders (whether Mattel can meet the demand is a constant question).

I stopped by TRU and they had the school in, jesus is that thing heavy!!! I am going to wait till Friday when my Reward coupons are valid to save $10 but I don't see that thing moving very much till the holidays. Its too big and too large for resellers to make any money off and it does not come with a doll.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its too big and too large for resellers to make any money off and it does not come with a doll.

Going by the Amazon listings, it's not stopping people from trying, with a 50% markup.

Even if I did want it, I'd still have no physical place to put it, not without a heavy re-do of my shelving. And even then, for $80, does it do anything? Any sounds in the DJ booth? $80 for just scenery isn't worth it.
    I would sooner gouge my eyes out with a heated spoon than watch Jem. I consider it to be a terrible cartoon. There. I said it.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    i know it's hard to get these dolls, but it's better than the line ending.
    Totally Agree!!! They only thing I see coming that might compete with MH is Winx Club.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    The only other toy line selling this well is Skylanders, and it sells only because the figurines interact with the game. How else are $8 immobile statues going to sell that well?

Barbie collector lines sell well, I think, but the typical retail girl's dolls with the airhead smile have mostly cooled off over the years.
    On my toy hunts Skylanders are pretty much the only thing I see younger kids looking at or bugging the Mom for. I know it is the same company but Maybe this is the kick in the pants that Barbie needs to come up with something new or will MH be the new thing and they will just make Barbies for Collectors.

I don't see that thing moving very much till the holidays. Its too big and too large for resellers to make any money off and it does not come with a doll.
    Yep, They will sit around all summer and fall and then a week or two after Thanksgiving they will be gone. So if you find a good deal early and one of your kids wants this. Get it and hide it. I have a feeling it wont be around if you wait to long. Plus you know one of the stores is going to have a exclusive playset at some point that includes a doll, it seams to be a new trend they have started. For good or bad

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    ***Images removed at request of Mattel. Please do not repost. Thanks!***
    On closer inspection of those images, Id say they are all 'inhouse' Mattel images of raw protos, which explains all the crappy lookin 'mold lines' on limbs and shoes.
    ....okies...so im guessin I was right about em being Leaked in house proto images for a presentation... Probably SDCC......Yeeps!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

We are in the middle of reorganizing so here are some of our dolls, we have our own Monster High City population

Not pictured are the exclusives (Store and Con), Sweet 1600, Deaducation, Roller Maze, CAM's, newest Dead Tired

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    ....okies...so im guessin I was right about em being Leaked in house proto images for a presentation... Probably SDCC......Yeeps!
    What photos were removed?

EDIT: Oh, were those the ones with the light up parts and stuff? If that is the case, then that is dumb they requested them to be removed. We have already seen them, what is the point?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What photos were removed?

EDIT: Oh, were those the ones with the light up parts and stuff? If that is the case, then that is dumb they requested them to be removed. We have already seen them, what is the point?
    All the pictures that were posted on Friday had to be removed (Light up figures, Travel series, new beds for Abbey, etc). It was not just here, Mattel wiped them from blogs, websites, and other forums by Saturday.

Not everyone saw them, if we were not online Friday you most likely missed out.

Some pics of my CAMs, was playing around. they're so much fun! I need to do more mix and matching though.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

***Images removed at request of Mattel. Please do not repost. Thanks!***
    On closer inspection of those images, Id say they are all 'inhouse' Mattel images of raw protos, which explains all the crappy lookin 'mold lines' on limbs and shoes.
    We are in the middle of reorganizing so here are some of our dolls, we have our own Monster High City population

http://i50.tinypic.com/331od3r.jpg

Not pictured are the exclusives (Store and Con), Sweet 1600, Deaducation, Roller Maze, CAM's, newest Dead Tired
    Ok so Im guessing -hopeful- that from this awesome pic...the DDG set comes with silver stands...as long as it aint Black I dont care!!!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

[/CENTER]

Ok so Im guessing -hopeful- that from this awesome pic...the DDG set comes with silver stands...as long as it aint Black I dont care!!!
    Yes DDG comes with Silver, Roller Maze comes with light green

My wife opened the Roller Maze set last night and I have to say I am in love with them. I hated them when they were revealed and even when I ordered them but after she took the out and I played with them I love their design. I hope they get a 2nd wave with characters like Rochelle, Clawdeen, Toralei. Since Abbey is coming in the exclusive that would make 2 teams of 4.

I was originally VERY 'Meh' over the Roller maze (RM) set...but the more I see the more I love em...especially Ghoulia.

[/CENTER]

Wow I just noticed how huge the Ghost girls head is!! Is it just me, or does it just look like that in the pictures?

My guess is it may have also been a pending legal approval thing. A number of companies don't want photos shown until they have absolute final legal approval on all product. And for Monster High, which is really big now, I have no doubt they are extra careful about things.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Wow I just noticed how huge the Ghost girls head is!! Is it just me, or does it just look like that in the pictures?
    it photographs big, but is the same size all all the other heads. I really like her face paint, the dark lips, the ombre makeup really makes her yellowish eyes pop. I like that she is pretty, but has a very distinct face structure, so she's not your typical beauty.

I really do love the CAM sets. I know everyone talks about not having enough to make full dolls, but I think it's fun to mix and match them all the time. It's a built in reason to play! I also think that for the price, you get your moneys worth. I know the fashions are simple, but for $20, you can't expect them to be the same detail as 1 doll that costs the same amount. Even 2 regular dolls together are $30-35.

I think my favorites at the moment are the Witch Girl and the Gargoyle Boy.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    My guess is it may have also been a pending legal approval thing. A number of companies don't want photos shown until they have absolute final legal approval on all product. And for Monster High, which is really big now, I have no doubt they are extra careful about things.
    Thanks Val, yeah I figured that would be it, I got an email from Photobucket about copyright and such.....eek!

Not like that worries me, because I didnt steal the images I just reposted them...But I betcha someone over at the MH studios got called into the office!

drama!

[/CENTER]

Amazon had RM Frankie and Lagoona for 14.49 each, so I snapped them up. At that price, not only did I get the free shipping, but I actually saved the money I would have spent on gas hunting for them. But the sticker shock from the prices on some of the new and old dolls was crazy. $30 for DT Abbey? $45 for DDG Spectra? Over $100 for Holt and DOD Deuce? Sheez!! I'd be scared to see what the Evil-bay prices are!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Amazon had RM Frankie and Lagoona for 14.49 each, so I snapped them up. At that price, not only did I get the free shipping, but I actually saved the money I would have spent on gas hunting for them. But the sticker shock from the prices on some of the new and old dolls was crazy. $30 for DT Abbey? $45 for DDG Spectra? Over $100 for Holt and DOD Deuce? Sheez!! I'd be scared to see what the Evil-bay prices are!
    Ironically eBay prices are lower than Amazon sellers, Holt can be gotten for $50-60 and DDG Spectra can be found for $30-35. Its basically that everyone and their sister has turned into a MH reseller and they use Amazon as their guide.

At least eBay tends to come down with the new stock (Like when Cupid dropped or what is going on with Spectra now that word of the 2nd release is spreading) but Amazon still stays insanely high

Someone said they found the new shipment Cupid at TRU. However, I wonder if they were blowing smoke because it seems if this case was seeing wider solicitation, it'd be known about and not only first heard of when the dolls reached stores. Unless more people see her there I'm not putting faith into it. However, if this case is getting out wider then Amazon may get it for normal retail, which would be fine by me. I find more stuff through them than I do in a local store.

I really wish they'd ditch the brushes, or only pack them in with the signature dolls. I've got so many of them now that I'm going to have to throw them away if I can't sell them, and I suspect a lot of people won't buy them because they have plenty of their own. I'd rather they ditch a brush than the stands. The major collectors won't miss them, and casual buyers can use a normal comb anyway.

Bratzillaz are already leaking out to stores, it looks like. TRU price is said to be $20 so I suspect WM will be a bit cheaper. They have glass eyes inset into the heads, which look nice, but their "pets" are sold separate. Just going by Youtube vids they seem to suffer no QC issues. I am definitely getting Meygana, if I only get one, she's got a steampunk look with the goggles. Give her a big wrench and ditch the cape and she's perfect for a mechanic.

You might get your wish, the brushes were not included in the Roller Maze set. Just like they are phasing out the stands I bet they start phasing out the brushes.........but of course not lower the price in any way

Canadians are reporting that the Special Fashion Pack Frankie and Abbey boxed dolls are showing up as TRU Exclusives (they are the same ones people have found in Spain). So its possible that is another TRU Exclusive when it hits here like the Scooter and Powder Room w/doll pack ins.

Just Googled 'Bratzillas'.......Must...... Resist ........Buying.....arrgghhh!

[/CENTER]