Page 78 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

I have been hitting the stores hardhorce and am still coming up with nada...

I am getting that Spectra come hell or high water!!!

I think most of the CAM wig make the heads look bigger because they are not rooted, or have a better wig cap...

Deuce signature clothes came in today so I can finally dress my CAM gargoyle!

Does anyone know who well Kryloon spray paint work on the MH dolls? I want to paint a male torso a blue to match the PUMA boy...I found that periwinkle in the Kryloon matches pretty good (in case anyone is looking).

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Krylon spray paints are no good. I've had bad luck with their paints for toy use, it's just not made for it. In one case, the paint never dried and remained sticky, and their Fusion stuff is just a bad gimmick that doesn't "bond" with anything. You'd be better off using acrylic paints and a sealer.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I went to two Walmarts today and saw 3 Cupids at both, but no Spectras.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Just Googled 'Bratzillas'.......Must...... Resist ........Buying.....arrgghhh!
    I saw these today at TRU in person. They are Creepy Cool, the real glass[plastic] eyes that give them a unusual look. one of them has red "Twilight" Eyes and another has a Frankie stein going on with different color eyes. I almost got some but I am saving my money for MH and the New Winx Club dolls. Has anyone here seen any Winx on there hunts?
    Last edited by Detective Lubic; June 27, 2012 at 01:21am.

I only collect MH so I pay no attention to other doll lines and couldn't tell you what's out. I even stopped going to the action figure aisles just because I don't even consider that stuff worth it to buy now. Strange, that. I'm supposed to be the type that buys Transformers, yet I've gotten to the point where I feel action figures are just overpriced and not worth it anymore. Which I guess is true about them being overpriced... compared to MH, prices on basic action figures are quite high. I've also gotten burned out on those brands, and they rarely make anything that interests me.

Somehow I expect Bratzillaz to be easier to find than MH. No doubt initial shipments will be high and interest will have yet to pick up on them. Beyond the obvious MH competition, they are digging into Harry Potter territory, and one of the pets is a pretty obvious clone of Nickelodeon's Catdog. Cloetta is the Draculaura clone with pink and black hair, though between her eyes, lips and clothes, plus artwork(none of the character portraits are colored like the actual dolls) they almost seem to be going for a Two-Face feel to her.

I do like the eyes, the inset glass looks rather nice.

At best, I'd buy 3 of the 5. 2 of them don't much interest me. But then again, I don't need another line to collect heavily, so I'd buy them as a minor interest.

I saw some of those today...Winx that is...I was looking for a wig for the CAM and read u could get a Liv...no a...MOXIE wig and it would fit really good. They have bog heads look like younger versions of the Bratz dolls right...

- - - Updated - - -

Big heads that is not bog heads lol

I saw the WinX late last week and again on Monday, they look cool.

Trying to decide what line to carry along with MH in my store. I am not really fond of Bratz as a line and of that stuff always goes on clearance. WinX was hot the first time around and the later dolls were very hard to find.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

Trying to decide what line to carry along with MH in my store. I am not really fond of Bratz as a line and of that stuff always goes on clearance. WinX was hot the first time around and the later dolls were very hard to find.
    None of the other lines appeal to me (other than if it will fit MH). Maybe aline that has clothes/wigs.etc. that work with MH? Maybe that could be part of its selling point if yer doll section is mainly MH...

- - - Updated - - -

That would make me more inclined to purchase form the other line. Maybe most others would feel the same...just a thought.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    With Bratzillas I will definetly get the Meygana...because during the hey days of Bratz mania I ONLY Collected Meygan, so Im thrilled she is back!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    None of the other lines appeal to me (other than if it will fit MH). Maybe aline that has clothes/wigs.etc. that work with MH? Maybe that could be part of its selling point if yer doll section is mainly MH...

- - - Updated - - -

That would make me more inclined to purchase form the other line. Maybe most others would feel the same...just a thought.
    I thought about that, I know Star Dolls from Mattel fit the MH dolls for the shoes. The new La Dee Da dolls from Spinmaster fit them for clothes, and Liv fits with the wigs. The WinX just came out so not really sure if they are compatible with anything.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I saw some of those today...Winx that is...I was looking for a wig for the CAM and read u could get a Liv...no a...MOXIE wig and it would fit really good. They have bog heads look like younger versions of the Bratz dolls right...

- - - Updated - - -

Big heads that is not bog heads lol

Can I ask what stores you are seeing them in and where they are in the store. I cant find any thing in my stores around here? Not even a shelf tag? Sorry to de-rail the MH topic, Maybe we should change this one to cover all Doll related stuff?

Toys R Us in the aisle with Monster High on the opposite side, another TRU had them on the backside of the MH shelf where they are phasing out Liv

Just heads up Werecats 2pk came in stock for $35 at FAO Schwarz and ToysRUs online stores

I wouldn't mind seeing the new Winx dolls in person first. Hopefully they have a wider release or we at least get them down here.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing the new Winx dolls in person first. Hopefully they have a wider release or we at least get them down here.
    I think they will be, there are at least 3-4 different skus and they are being solicited pretty heavily. I am guessing since they are supported by Nickelodeon instead of 4Kids it will be better this time around.

My werecats purchase showed up in the mail, and I found the new case Cupid and Frankie at WM today.

All the 1600 boxed Cupids were gone from WM today, so either they got them in the system and sold them, or took them off the shelves.

I gotta get them new Frankie shoes!!!

Too tired to check the stores today lol...maybe Ill get lucky and something will show up tomorrow.

I saw the Winx at WM...right next to MH...

Reports are Venus is starting to show up, so keep an eye out. Not surprised since Mattel has basically pooped out product at an incredible rate the past 14 days with Roller Maze, Dead Tired, new Vehicles/Accessories/Playsets, and Ghouls Rule

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    If you see Robecca or Venus, can you grab them for me?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I expected the werecats to use Toralei's body with the tail plug, but they just have a hole with a solid non-bendy tail plugged in. In a way I prefer this because I can get them onto stands evenly, unlike Toralei who has to turn slightly because of the big tail. But if you want to go "webisode accurate" I don't see an easy option to pop the tails off.

But the lack of stands is a disappointment. These stands are a necessity for the line because I don't out faith into these dolls standing upright on their own.

I'm surprised that wave 2 Frankie was supposedly such an unpopular seller the first time out. I like her look, perhaps moreso than wave 1 Frankie. However, they did this stupid thing of wrapping rubber bands around the shoes which bent up the heel bolts of the shoes. Her included laptop accessory(which I almost threw out as I didn't see it) also really points out how they need to make new gripping hands for these dolls. I see no need for accessories that can't be held.

Cupid is a bit of a mess as far as hair goes, and the one I got needs a slight touch-up to one eyelash(was the only one they had and it wasn't a major paint flaw). Kind of wish I could have got the 1600 last week but they wouldn't sell it. Some time spent with a brush should help some though and I can probably shape the "heart" loop myself with some proper glue or hair stiffener.

The new Cupid has some other differences as well. Her skeleton wings have gold paint on them, her bangs are much longer, her braid has hair over it (original had hair behind it), and I noticed that the gray/black paint transitioning to white on her legs and arms extend more than the original. I agree that the face paint is not as good as the original and that the heart shape changing to a halo shape was dumb, but I think she looks more like the prototype.

Got Spectra for the girlfriend today. Looks like the Draculaura already sold or wasn't put out yet. Got the Frankie though. Still would like to get one to put her fashion on. I did notice the packaging has an add for the upcoming DVD on the back. So if you are that type there is that.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Skull Shores 5 pack hits Targets in California

Love the blue and black box, really makes the dolls pop

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...47299126_n.jpg
    https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95729599_n.jpg

SQUEEEEEEEEE! Gimme,Gimme,Gimme!!!!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...47299126_n.jpg
    https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...95729599_n.jpg

I saw this post and grabed my Keys, Since I live in CA but I didnt find any .................................YET!!!!! I need my Cleo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    I saw this post and grabed my Keys, Since I live in CA but I didnt find any .................................YET!!!!! I need my Cleo!!!!
    It will probably take a while, a lot of Targets are still trying to move the huge excess of Gloom Beach 5 pack and then many suspect the Howleen 2pk will take its place and THEN we will see the 5pk for Skull Shores