Page 86 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Thanks, that is exactly what they are going to be doing. That is odd that they don't need me to ship them the broken doll at all to prove I am not lying.
    You get so many free dolls as a courtesy, but after too many(2 or 3?) they start to ask for you to send them back. I think they usually ask for numbers off the box too, but if you've had it for a while you may not have the box anymore, no doubt they vary it by situation. Their system is set up for customer courtesy but they had to put restrictions in place to keep people from abusing it for free dolls.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well tehy did ask me for the numbers on the back of the doll itself.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well tehy did ask me for the numbers on the back of the doll itself.
    That is so they can verify what stock number to pull for you.

But yeah if you abuse the system they will require you to send the doll back, but so far I have not really heard of that happening in any widespread way. They have generally been SUPER nice about things and I am amazed given the stuff we go through with Digital River for MOTUC
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm wondering if anyone else here has debated or done this, keeping the fashions, but selling off their extra dolls. I'm out of room, and there are more and more new lines being released. I'm wondering if it's worth just keeping a few dolls I really like, like core characters and a few others, and stripping and selling the rest. I took my original Frankie out today and I spent so much time when I first got her, sorting out her hair and making her look nice. Not so much now though due to the influx of dolls I have. Just wondering others thoughts on the issue, if you're considering something like it too, due to room or money.

We actually have done the exact opposite, we sell off the clothes and keep the dolls. We have a big bag of MH bodies just waiting for future fashions
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

there is a market for the nude dolls also for original dolls and those who make their own clothes.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Some clothing sets are in good demand, others... not so much. It seems the clothes from the beach lines and DT are practically unwanted because I haven't been able to find any interest in them when I have loose sets.

- - - Updated - - -

This is nice... the old wave 1 stands and the current batch are actually different. The modern stands have a + rod with a + indent in the waist ring, while the old wave 1 stands use a 3-notched T. This means that a wave 1 waist ring won't fit onto the wave 2 and on stands. I checked all mine, the 3 actual wave 1 dolls, plus Classrooms Ghoulia, use the T, everything else is the +. Well cute, I wanted to swap wave 1 and 2 Frankie's rings since I thought they'd blend in better with the clothing.

@markatisu, Ahh Maybe I should just get new shelves, I don't know how I'll be able to pick what dolls to keep. Or put them in storage for a while. They all have their quirks.

I got the I love fashion Frankie at TRU yesterday, and I'm really happy with it. The extra fashions were my justification I think they've reused the parts really well in this set, so that you still get a unique looking doll. The more spare bracelets and shoes the better! Bummer on the lack of stand, but eh, the outfits were more than worth the trade. Also MH skirts fit obitsu 23cm bodies, if anyone here is into obitsu. Tops are a tad tight.

Got the Scary Tales dolls. They are beautiful. Mattel really outdid themselves with the quality, packaging, and artwork. I hope they make more characters from this series. Who wouldn't want an Abbey Godmother doll?

markatisu do you happen to know what time on the 23rd Scarah might go up on Mattycollector? I've a friend who wants one too, so I'll need to know if I can stay up or not.

My distributor emailed me this morning, Mattel has officially solicited the Scaris waves/accessories for January 2013

As well as a "Dance Class" set which has Lagoona, Operetta, and Robecca

And a "Swim" Line (no clue but its 6 dolls per case)

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    markatisu do you happen to know what time on the 23rd Scarah might go up on Mattycollector? I've a friend who wants one too, so I'll need to know if I can stay up or not.
    It is the same time as their standard sales, so 9am PST/11am CST/12 Noon EST

Great, thank you. I've never brought from them before, is it better to be a member so you'll check out faster and guarantee you get one?
    Last edited by Surya; July 19, 2012 at 10:13am.

How fast is Scarah expected to sell out? Is this going to be one of those "gone in an hour" deals?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    How fast is Scarah expected to sell out? Is this going to be one of those "gone in an hour" deals?
    I will be surprised if she lasts 10 minutes.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Scaris wave?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by surya
    Great, thank you. I've never brought from them before, is it better to be a member so you'll check out faster and guarantee you get one?
    Its always better to create an account with Matty first, you will probably still have to login to complete the purchase but Matty does not hold what its in your cart while you do anything so the faster you can get checked out the easier it will be on you

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Ghoulia last year lasted about a month, but interest in the line by resellers and word that she will be on Matty has increased a LOT since last year. I say if you want to safely get her be there when the sale starts or find someone who will just to be safe.

I did not hear any reports from SDCC that she was hard to obtain so she could linger a few weeks like Ghoulia just because people don't know or understand Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I will be surprised if she lasts 10 minutes.
    Her preorder voucher was the 1st thing to sell out at Matty's SDCC sale so yeah she will go quick

Scaris wave?
    Its based on the next TV Special, they all go to Paris with Rochelle and so its an entire line of international travel with 2 new characters (A Dragon Girl and a Skeleton)

There were pics around that came from an internal retailer meeting but Mattel asked us to take them down as they were not final or meant for the general public (it was more a marketing thing)

Scarah goes on sale while the girlfriend is at work so going to try to get it for her.

Scaris wave we had pictures show up earlier but were requested to be removed. It features two new characters, and quite a number of dolls Rochelle, Clawdeen, Frankie, Draculuara, Ghoulia, Abbey, Skelita Calaveras, and JinaFire. There is also a picture with Deuce, who rarely shows up without Cleo.

You can still find thumbnails on google images, there are some of the (imo) better looking fashions for most of the dolls. I would also be curious if Katherine another character with French background shows up. They come with luggage and dairies so it's one of the biggest sublines at the deluxe level.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

There was also something called a travel case solicited this morning, it comes in a case of 2 units so I am guessing its a Scaris themed collectors case for the dolls?

Probably a doubles as collectors case/luggage bag would be my guess. And if all those dolls do get made, it will be the most of a subline if I looked correctly, the current is Dead Tired with 8 dolls two of which are Draculuara. We have seen for Scaris 9 dolls so far.

Oh, that was teh one with the new Spectra coming out, right?

Oh, that was teh one with the new Spectra coming out, right?
    The new Spectra is part of another new line but yeah Scaris was in the same set of pictures that leaked

Yet another brought home today (Draculaura). Scarah is monday monday monday! I cannot wait! I am READY!

With all the new characters coming out, I am soley sticking with signature dolls. No to mention all the new MOTUC that are coming out...I am going to be over run with Mattel toys!

Time for a bigger place!?

I've noticed on flickr, those who've brought the create a lab set have had alot of problems getting the decals to line up on the face properly. Anyone here brought one yet? I really want one so am curious to hear others opinions of it. One flickr member said they had problems applying them manually which seems odd to me, you might just need more care. I'm holding off on buying it until they're released here in store if they're that bad. So yeh, anyone got anything to mention about their own experiences with this set yet?

What's going to be the postage cost for Scarah? Anyone know? I'd hate to go into checkout and find it's higher than I'd care to pay.

I saw the lab yesterday at K-mart but wasn't something I was wanting since they had a full face of Ghoul's Rule, picked all but Clawdeen up then went and got my Galaxy S3 it was like Christmas that I paid for.