Page 89 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 3247

Thread: Monster High

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    she gets posted for 250+ on ebay all the time, now if she actually exchanges hands is another issue all together. Dealing with WoW auction house and ebay I have learned some people will keep posting things at a price hoping to find the few the proud the people with enough disposable cash to buy it at the price they have it listed for.
    Yeah looking at completed she last went for $250 and $300 and Ghoulia went for $164-200

Scarah last went earlier this morning for $99-135, but now I see a few $200 auctions up
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Wasn't the jacket on over her shirt?

I mean... the one they sold her in is pretty much what she wears in the webisodes and that's what people will want. For a background character, I don't see much interest in a beach or other themed version. Another version probably won't cut it for some people and there's not really any way they can release her in the expected suit without people complaining that their exclusive isn't exclusive anymore.

I sort of expect this move from Hasbro as they thrive on fan tears and seem to enjoy making unique characters as exclusives, but I kind of expected different from Mattel. Regardless of her being a non-speaking extra who sometimes pops up 2 or 3 in a single crowd(which I guess is irrelevant- Rochelle's not even shown up at all). Now Hoodude, they could make a new one that's not so plush- the one they made is quite a bit off-model and too bulky. But they probably will not.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah they could re-release her without hoo dude and with her original prototype jacket. I don't think anyone would complain either.
    The people who bought her off ebay for 100+ might, except if it will end up being the only way to get an official Hoodude which I think is a fair trade off personally.

And yeah on auction based stuff I have learned to watch the difference in list price and what something actually goes for. Those two numbers can be quite different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Wasn't the jacket on over her shirt?

I mean... the one they sold her in is pretty much what she wears in the webisodes and that's what people will want. For a background character, I don't see much interest in a beach or other themed version. Another version probably won't cut it for some people and there's not really any way they can release her in the expected suit without people complaining that their exclusive isn't exclusive anymore.

I sort of expect this move from Hasbro as they thrive on fan tears and seem to enjoy making unique characters as exclusives, but I kind of expected different from Mattel. Regardless of her being a non-speaking extra who sometimes pops up 2 or 3 in a single crowd(which I guess is irrelevant- Rochelle's not even shown up at all). Now Hoodude, they could make a new one that's not so plush- the one they made is quite a bit off-model and too bulky. But they probably will not.
    This is why I think most SDCC type exclusives should be a bit more detailed in the paint, outfit etc than a normally released 'toy.' Mattel has released comic con exclusives that were later released but had changes (color changes, outfit changes, less accessories).

Rochelle looks to play a fairly big part in the upcoming DVD.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

From the looks of it not to many people will be complaining if they re-released her without Hoo Dude and with possibly a different outfit. Nobody got her from the looks of all the upset people.

I am wondering now if they would have had more by limiting her to 2 at SDCC, last I checked the limit was 4 or 6 at the Con

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Rochelle looks to play a fairly big part in the upcoming DVD.
    Mattel is shipping her in Wave 8 and Wave 9 so that should be a sign
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

From the looks of it not to many people will be complaining if they re-released her without Hoo Dude and with possibly a different outfit. Nobody got her from the looks of all the upset people.
    My initial fear when I saw she was dropped to 2 on the website was they did inventory and found out they wouldn't be able to sell 6 to people. I do agree at the con stuff should be limited to 2-3 per customer, mostly because of scalper issues. Scalpers are good at getting stuff, the conspiracy theorist in my wouldn't be surprised if scalpers were having pcs used to bump the queue up to prevent people from getting in.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I read it was 6 at the Con.. But I think the Scalpers got alot of them if you read the horror stories on-line..Hopefully she will get a re-issue of some kind down the road.. I was hoping to get two so I could open one.. Now I will have to wait...

I knew when I logged on this morning and saw it was set to 2 that it was going to be a low inventory.

In almost 4 years as a site they have never had to do that, and I don't think anything else got limited that badly on Matty

The fact that no company limits buyers to no more than 2 of a toy really annoys me. Okay, pick up one for you and a friend but no one needs 6 unless they're a reseller.

The fact that no company limits buyers to no more than 2 of a toy really annoys me. Okay, pick up one for you and a friend but no one needs 6 unless they're a reseller.
    To Hasbro's credit, they limited sales to 1. It's the only thing they did right though. I was actually surprised Matty was so tied up due to the nature of the weak reveals this year, but I had forgot about the Monster High exclusive. I'm sure she was probably a good part of that traffic. It seemed to die down some after she was sold out.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I have seen some (very few) situations where someone said they were going and the limit was 6, or if there was anything friends wanted and in a few situations did buy 6 of a particular item. But that number is quite small.

I was going to pick up 6 but that was because I had 6 people who wanted my help , but yeah for the most part anyone complaining about a limit of 2 has $$$ ambitions

I don't like Hasbro's limit of 1 because Con stuff usually has neat art so I like to get 2 (1 open and 1 to display)

I honestly don't care about Hasbro anymore. As a customer, they don't care about me, as a fan they couldn't really care if I exist so I no longer buy any of their stuff. Their quality's gone down, I guess they figure if "little kids" are happy then they don't need to put effort into their toys anymore. 4" GI Joe is all but dead, 12" GI Joe has been farmed out to another company(just as well, the 12" Joes Hasbro makes now are vastly inferior to the one from 1964). MLP now is actually a big step backwards from the 80s versions, and they won't even make more than 2 base bodies. I only buy 3rd party Transformers if I buy any at all. Their company attitudes grated on me so I no longer give them purchases or even pay attention to what they make. I just find it insulting they were too sensitive and shy to slap the name "Derpy" on a package, for fear of offending someone. I'm just sick to death of how they do things. Pity, I'd have bought MP-10 Prime or the FOC Soundwave/Soundblaster/Blaster but I just can't justify their corporate habits to give them the money to get those toys. Besides, I'd rather my money go to MH, which is a decent quality line, than trying to stretch my budget between 3 or 4 lines of which I can only collect each to a minor degree.

I think the best exclusive was the Adventure Time set, which was just the regular retail Finn & Jake with small SDCC visitor passes on their necks. Fine exclusive, people who didn't get it won't feel like they missed anything major.

Widget
    I completely agree.
    I had a similar experience with Matty collector this morning. We were all set up a half hour before the dolls went on sale. We got the "refresh every 5 seconds" thing until they were sold out. Meanwhile I have a little 8 year old girl in tears next to me. I tried 3 different times to get help ordering from Matty and even called Mattel twice. They don't care, period. I told the last person I talked to at Matty to explain it to my daughter who was sitting there crying because she couldn't get the stupid doll. He didn't want to do that. I'm done with Matty, period.
    So...if anyone got an extra...help a fella out!

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    People are ripping mad! Im reading some of this stuff and its crazy!! Was this a fear tactic to show us what MOTUC is gunna be like without a sub? lol. I see the doll is already up to 100+ on ebay and SELLING! Makes me wish I was a scalper sometimes lol, but im counting myself as fortunate that the gf's bday is gunna be a hit!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I had a similar experience. My 11 year old niece has been in tears all day. I hope all of those scalpers burn. It doesn't seem like there is any hope of getting her without forking over 100-200 dollars. I can't afford that and I refuse to make scalpers rich. I hope Mattel reissues her and Hoodude in light of all of the madness with Matty today.

That isn't completely true. I had four friends from Joecon trying to obtain items for several people each. And honestly, if a person from Texas, Boston, or NYC wants to buy an extra one or two to resell for a mild profit on ebay to support their trip there; I see no problem with that (as I do that with Joecon, and btw for comparison including food, travel, hotel, and 1 each exclusive of 3 3/4 and 12" figures for myself from Joecon, my expenses exceeded 3 grand, so if I see a set of exclusives to offset the cost, then fine call me a scalper but I guarantee people, I am not walking away with pockets full of money). It is the overwhelming majority of resellers of SDCC items that are in around San Diego that makes my blood boil; those are more or less opportunistic scalpers. Give it a few months, sometimes after the hype, the prices may go down. At one point the Pink Zaranna was about 50, I know a few people who scored one for 20 - 25.
    Last edited by Southzen; July 23, 2012 at 05:50pm.
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.

A Scarah by herself with a jacket would be good. Or some variation that could hit stores so that kids (not just older collectors) could have her. It's just a pain when it's a brand new character that's the exclusive and not an alternate version of an existing one. It's easier to yay or nay if you've already got a dozen Frankies or Ghoulia's.

I got home and my minimate Thundercats where here...I feel better about it. I really do wish I had gotten Scarah. I really dig her design.

Okay now to go post in the thundercats minimates thread...these are the best minimates to date theyve made!!!

Just once I want to see a toy company openly say "screw the aftermarket value, we're selling this toy again. It's a toy, not stock, we don't care if it sells aftermarket for a high price. The box is different, if that's not good enough then you need to take up investment trading and ditch toys". It shouldn't be a toy company's concern to preserve the value of old toys.

Unfortunately, I've not seen this done one time. Plus a lot of companies will reissue old toys, and sell them for a hideous markup because "well, they go for more on eBay". This is why I avoided the TMNT reissues, because $10 each for those was an insult.

We found the Roller Maze Abbey and Ghoulia 2-pack. Abbey is too cute, and Ghoulia's helmet is shaped like human brains (lol). Man, Mattel is pumping thes dolls out like water.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    We found the Roller Maze Abbey and Ghoulia 2-pack. Abbey is too cute, and Ghoulia's helmet is shaped like human brains (lol). Man, Mattel is pumping thes dolls out like water.
    That is the Kmart exclusive right?

That is the Kmart exclusive right?
    I'm guessing it is because that is where we found it. There is no sticker on the box saying that it is exclusive to K-mart though.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Robecca and Venus are up on Amazon.com right now. Nowinstock doesn't have Venus listed in stock, but she's there. At least, as of 2 mins ago.
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Robecca and Venus are up on Amazon.com right now. Nowinstock doesn't have Venus listed in stock, but she's there. At least, as of 2 mins ago.
    I actually had them in my cart and they sold out on me, feels like shopping with Matty

Maybe we'll get lucky and both will be at the "$20 and free shipping eligible" point soon enough.