Page 92 of 130 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I saw 2 Deuce basketball uniforms at Big Lots, but I have no use for one, as if I ever get Deuce it'll be the signature and probably none of the others. I considered grabbing them for people, but the thing's so cheap on Amazon anyway, it'd have been pointless to tie my money up like that.

They also had 2 Deuce plushes, neither of which interested me.

I think I may be getting over this line...

I've had good luck finding them at retail (not really luck but constantly going into 3 diffrent Wal-Marts to try and find them). Its just not fun anymore and is seeming to grow into a chore!

The price increases on these dolls is absurd...these dolls arent gonna be worth jack because of all the adult "collectors" who are going to keep them in some sealed off closet...not that I am buying them for any kind of value, I just like them...just such a pain to find them!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

It's why I don't think the line will be at the same level in 2 years. Mattel is getting ready to really flood the line with countless variants and themes(it seems for every new character, there has to be a Draculaura to go alongside it) and there's just going to be too much stuff to pick through and buy. We're also starting to see the "here's our own doll line to compete with it!" stuff from other companies, much of which is probably going to clog shelves and I expect one or 2 of those lines to just not do well. Coupled with constantly rising toy prices and all that across the board... I'm not saying "video game crash of 1983" but I do think we'll see a major blow to the toy industry eventually. Smaller companies will just start going under, major companies scaling back, as more consumers become unwilling to pay high prices and pick through the assortment of crap being made. Prices will have to drop at retail.

Or, if our economy tanks totally, there won't be much of a toy industry at all.

Monster High is probably one of the best value lines out right now. $20 for a 12" doll is a bargain compared to stuff like Mattel's Retro Action line, or even the basic 6" action figure. $10 for a 1:18 is almost a ripoff. However, we're seeing cutbacks such as excluding stands. If they want to exclude something, ditch diaries. Print those online. I get more use from a stand than from a paper booklet which only sort of follows webisode canon to start with.

However, when interest does start to fade, it means being able to pick up a lot of dolls for cheap. I don't see it as a maybe, I see it as eventually.

Perhaps, but I direct you to our thread this time last year for the exact same things you are saying and it turned out to be wrong. I will reserve judgement till Feb to see how the lines health is

Prices won't drop at retail, that is fact. Things go up they don't come back down because of inflation and just the fact retail is used to a price point. Unless MH goes through a redesign on what it comes with it just won't happen. It will always fluctuate between $19.97-24.97 for a Signature Doll

Also if the toy industry crashes who do you think is going to be there to buy out the failures? Mattel and Hasbro, they will be around because they will just swallow up the NECA's, Playmates, and Jazwares of the world. Same way they did Kenner, Tonka, and numerous others in in past decades
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Mattel is flooding right now in an actually smart move. Kids are going to retail stores to get school supplies. Mom mom look they have Spectra in finally can we get her. Since girls toys tend to not be over populated with movie tie in lines they can do something they used to do all the time.

They would do the same with boys toys, but retailers have forced toy companies to overproduce movie tie in toys. Which is what most people on this forum are used to over the summer, seeing a whole bunch of crappy movie toys that rot for the next year. And if Marvel has another movie for it's Avengers franchise slipped in as if it's part of the toy line.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Yeah that is what I am getting it, they did the same thing last year with Dawn of the Dance, and the Spectra wave that had the new school fashions (Frankie 2.0, Clawdeen 2.0, Cleo 2.0) and we all bemoaned they were flooding the line because those dolls were gathering dust. They even sent Walmart a special 6 Spectra Case.

Then November hit and it all was bought, they re-released Dawn of the Dance Wave 1 and it sold out. I vividly remember questioning Mattel in this thread about the amount of Cleo DoTD that were on the shelf

So come Feb we will know whether the line is just as hot or whether the steam is starting to run out. I anticipate the way the cases are packed that by Christmas everything will be sold out. They are pretty much packing most of the dolls 1 per case unless it is a new doll (Wave 8 will have 2 of Venus/Robecca, but Wave 9 will only have 1 of each to make room for Lagoona's Re-Release)

I bet the Scary Tales is being underproduced as a Halloween line to go alongside Ghouls Rule. Ghouls Rule is the new Sweet 1600.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Mattelshop is finally offering spare torso's to complete earlier CAM dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yeah that is what I am getting it, they did the same thing last year with Dawn of the Dance, and the Spectra wave that had the new school fashions (Frankie 2.0, Clawdeen 2.0, Cleo 2.0) and we all bemoaned they were flooding the line because those dolls were gathering dust. They even sent Walmart a special 6 Spectra Case.

Then November hit and it all was bought, they re-released Dawn of the Dance Wave 1 and it sold out. I vividly remember questioning Mattel in this thread about the amount of Cleo DoTD that were on the shelf

So come Feb we will know whether the line is just as hot or whether the steam is starting to run out. I anticipate the way the cases are packed that by Christmas everything will be sold out. They are pretty much packing most of the dolls 1 per case unless it is a new doll (Wave 8 will have 2 of Venus/Robecca, but Wave 9 will only have 1 of each to make room for Lagoona's Re-Release)

I bet the Scary Tales is being underproduced as a Halloween line to go alongside Ghouls Rule. Ghouls Rule is the new Sweet 1600.
    Working in a grocer now I see it a bit more from the other side instead of trying to guess. Late night is the time to cleanse stuff, morning is getting setup and the afternoon evening is when you sell stuff. For the week, our big sales are Friday night, all of Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. Monday is our slowest day and when we spend cleaning things that don't normally get cleaned on a day to day or our weekly deep clean. Tuesday night we do the full clean of our case. Trucks come in on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. All of this is designed to have product ready and the employees ready for when the bulk of customers come in.

Summer is a slow time for toys, so it's more of a restocking time. Retailers forced the toy makers to fill the aisles with movie tie in stuff for boys toys though. If movie tie in stuff wasn't forced out by retailers it would be full of other toys for a restock time. The early part of summer is most likely spent by the makers getting ready for their busy season, a spike when school starts up, then for winter. Then they go into a maintenance mode keeping brand alive. as a grocer we do the same thing for the big food holidays, a few weeks before we start stocking up the freezer so we don't run out of stuff last minute. But after the holiday we recover and then maintain what we have. The week of the fourth it was hard to get around our freezer, now I can walk in there with no problem except when we just got our truck and even then it isn't that bad.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Perhaps, but I direct you to our thread this time last year for the exact same things you are saying and it turned out to be wrong. I will reserve judgement till Feb to see how the lines health is

Prices won't drop at retail, that is fact. Things go up they don't come back down because of inflation and just the fact retail is used to a price point. Unless MH goes through a redesign on what it comes with it just won't happen. It will always fluctuate between $19.97-24.97 for a Signature Doll

Also if the toy industry crashes who do you think is going to be there to buy out the failures? Mattel and Hasbro, they will be around because they will just swallow up the NECA's, Playmates, and Jazwares of the world. Same way they did Kenner, Tonka, and numerous others in in past decades
    They can buy up the smaller companies but it's not really going to do much good when all those companies make is licenses. Hasbro bought Kenner, but all they have from that anymore is Star Wars(admittedly, an important money machine) and MASK(of which they admit they have no plan to revive). Most of the other stuff Kenner made is now with Mattel or NECA. Though I wish Jazwares would fold and pass those licenses off to another company that will make toys that don't break out of the box. I won't even touch Adventure Time stuff because I hear so much about limbs falling off, it's not worth it. And they sat on the Megaman license for 4 years and did nothing.

Kind of the same with NECA... they often buy a license, make 1-5 toys from it and then sit on it for years. Ideally, these licenses should last 1 year and need renewal... it'd prevent companies from getting a license, making 1 toy and then sitting on it for years while nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    They can buy up the smaller companies but it's not really going to do much good when all those companies make is licenses. Hasbro bought Kenner, but all they have from that anymore is Star Wars(admittedly, an important money machine) and MASK(of which they admit they have no plan to revive). Most of the other stuff Kenner made is now with Mattel or NECA. Though I wish Jazwares would fold and pass those licenses off to another company that will make toys that don't break out of the box. I won't even touch Adventure Time stuff because I hear so much about limbs falling off, it's not worth it. And they sat on the Megaman license for 4 years and did nothing.

Kind of the same with NECA... they often buy a license, make 1-5 toys from it and then sit on it for years. Ideally, these licenses should last 1 year and need renewal... it'd prevent companies from getting a license, making 1 toy and then sitting on it for years while nothing happens.
    Yeah but if/when they use the license it proves to a be a worthwhile purpose. Its not always about making money on product, part of is having the "potential" to make money and licensing does just that.

I don't believe the toy industry will die, I just believe it will evolve and merge with the video games industry. Skylanders is a perfect example of this, its toy enough to be sold in toy stores and toy aisles but its required for video games.

Dolls will always be around as well, we all need to be honest and say the action figure industry is dying. Matchbox cars and things like that still sell amazingly well, Lego and building sets still sell amazingly well. The only thing suffering a hard death is action figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    Mattelshop is finally offering spare torso's to complete earlier CAM dolls.
    Its about freaking time!! $8 for a set of 5 is a great price to be honest

Seems like they are limiting it to 2 sets per order

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why couldn't they just sell those bodies before?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I have a feeling you are right, I see more and more action figures based on video games. Also more and more people looking for those or owning them. Captain Power started the trend though, well there may have been other ones before that that is the earliest example I can think of though.

Action figures are tough, with three opposing camps and even within those camps there isn't consistency in what should be done. Collectors, Retailers, Manufacturers. I skip general toy buyers (mostly kids) because they tend to be less picky. I think this is why Thundercats failed by Bandai, they were trying to appease too many, and it goes to show you you can't appease everyone at the same time because in the end you kind of **** everyone off.

Licenses are also funny, often the companies who buy them aren't as big and are regulated mostly to specialty stores so the product doesn't move quite as well. Also another problem is you have to deal with another company saying more articulation, too much articulation, bigger, smaller, more realistic, more cartoony, can you make it like a combination of GI Joe and MOTUC, with rooted hair?

I think there is another good year or two of monster high no matter what. I think if it folds it's more because of consumers aging than anything else. The Disney preteen focus issue. Focus on the current preteens, then when they age change out the programming because now those kids are in highschool and their little siblings think that stuff is stupid. And the older siblings may have had something to do with it. How many kids their older sibling was in the first wave of He-man but when they got older told a younger sibling He-man's gay, TMNT are awesome.

I think Monster High does not fold, if sales dwindle it will move online (hence why MattyCollector has had the SDCC exclusive for 2 straight years) and retain a small presence in stores. The Universal Monsters license/theme is so well known that it does not go out of style from generation to generation.

Much like MOTUC I can see them going back to just Signature and occasional subline dolls when times get rough, but its made way too much money over a prolonged period of time to say "oops the line is over". 2010-2011 "just a fad", 2010-2013 its an established brand now.

It just needs to go on a few more years before there will be a generation who knows Monster High from the time they start buying toys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why couldn't they just sell those bodies before?
    Because they wanted to make money and make you buy the CAM sets. Doing this early on would have decreased the already slagging sales of the first two sets. By doing this now they can move more product since the older cam sets will sell better using these bodies.

Action figures are being killed because of rising prices and gluts of movie stuff... thing about that is, the segment of people who liked the movie, and the segment of people who buy toys don't always intersect to a major degree. Star Trek did well amongst action film fans, but Trekkies saw it as pointless, and the toys themselves were garbage. The people who liked it didn't buy the toys. Hasbro showed some losses this last quarter and I just don't see them improving when stores barely touch GI Joe and Transformers fans are slowly movign to 3rd party products(I can't blame them, when the 3rd party stuff is stuff people actually want and Hasbro makes Bumblebee)

And really, Monster High is doing well and is also an in-house property so no license fee to bump prices up.

- - - Updated - - -

Now, if only I could get any of the CAM sets or add-ons to start with.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Okay...I'm super excited about the CAM body part sets and want to order 2. I tried, but this specific item is unable to be shipped to Canada. What the hell?! I've never had a problem ordering anything from MattelShop before.

If I have these sent to my US address, I have to spend $5 more...and that's a bit of a rip off for two of these sets. Man, nothing's ever easy for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Oh, do not get me started on NECA, as I really hate them. THey announce they have the Castlevania license, so what do they do? Release four figures, three of them being from Castlevania Symphony of the Night, and none of them were Richter and Maria, two characters who were far more important than the Succubus. After that, that is it, nothing else was released.

They got the Legacy of Kain license, they release two versions of Raziel and Kain. What about all of the brethren? What about the Sarafan? Mobius? Janos?

They got the God of War license, and release 5 different versions of Kratos. Um, okay, there is an entire pantheon of gods to do, plus mythological beasts. God of War could have easily been a full line.

They get the license to do Resident Evil stuff. Now I will admit, at first, they did a nice job, because they released, wait, no they didn't. Most of their figures were pretty much statues, and they released Chris, Jill, Leon, and Ada. Sure, they did a good job on the monsters this time, but there was still no Claire, no Barry, Sherry, Birkin, Saddler, Ashley, and most important, no freaking Wesker. The man was the main villain of the series and they failed to release him. Oh yeah, then they release RE5 figures, of Chris, Sheva, and a miniboss. Once again, Wesker got passed on and we got a freaking miniboss.

Anyway, I've given up on NECA and sold off my RE and Castlevania stuff, and am selling off my MOC Legacy of Kain duo.

The last figure from them I picked up was the Ryu Hayabusa figure, which I only bought because I had been wanting a Ryu since the NES days and this was the best we are ever going to get.

Back on topic, my SDCC orders arrived on Tuesday, but wasn't Scarah supposed to come with a jacket?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Okay...I'm super excited about the CAM body part sets and want to order 2. I tried, but this specific item is unable to be shipped to Canada. What the hell?! I've never had a problem ordering anything from MattelShop before.

If I have these sent to my US address, I have to spend $5 more...and that's a bit of a rip off for two of these sets. Man, nothing's ever easy for me.
    You can use a 10% off coupon IW4009266 to bring the cost down some.

Each torso is about $1.50, even with shipping its about $2 a torso so not sure how that is a rip off given people charge $6-10 for a torso 3rd party

You can use a 10% off coupon IW4009266 to bring the cost down some.

Each torso is about $1.50, even with shipping its about $2 a torso so not sure how that is a rip off given people charge $6-10 for a torso 3rd party
    No, I just mean it's a rip off since I have to spend $5 more because they won't ship this one item to Canada. I mean, really...why this ONE item? I don't get it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    No, I just mean it's a rip off since I have to spend $5 more because they won't ship this one item to Canada. I mean, really...why this ONE item? I don't get it.
    It might have to do with that fact its parts and not a retail item, so they might not be able to send it internationally or something. Its one of the rare times it has a limit as well so its not your average item

It might have to do with that fact its parts and not a retail item, so they might not be able to send it internationally or something. Its one of the rare times it has a limit as well so its not your average item
    That's true. I found 2 more items I wanted, and since it was above $25, I used BARBIEFAN25 to get free shipping (basically 25% off). To get 15% off any order, I found the code SUMMER1 works.

SO excited to be getting these CAM pieces!!!!! I was desperately needing white and blue parts, and needed 2 sets. VERY glad I could at least get 2! Everything is coming together nicely. Now, I just need to find white lower arms, hands and legs. Not sure where to get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Back on topic, my SDCC orders arrived on Tuesday, but wasn't Scarah supposed to come with a jacket?
    No, the prototype at SDCC 2011 had a jacket, but it looks like they lost it so she could come with Hoodude instead.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Luv this thread, I dont think I would of know about the CAM bodies unless I read it here. I got two sets and cant wait to build some more Freaky Fab Monsters.

Monster High is not going anywhere any time soon. I am sure after Christmas there will be one Roller Maze Ghoulia left and some nail polish. Every once in awhile a toy line comes around and Sticks!!! I Feel this is one of them, Sure they may make a few duds that hang around and I might slow down a bit and stop collecting everything but I cant see me stop buying Signature Dolls!

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    Luv this thread, I dont think I would of know about the CAM bodies unless I read it here. I got two sets and cant wait to build some more Freaky Fab Monsters.

Monster High is not going anywhere any time soon. I am sure after Christmas there will be one Roller Maze Ghoulia left and some nail polish. Every once in awhile a toy line comes around and Sticks!!! I Feel this is one of them, Sure they may make a few duds that hang around and I might slow down a bit and stop collecting everything but I cant see me stop buying Signature Dolls!
    Nail polish Probably right alongside the heinous wigs and clothing that stores can't give away lol

If there was ever a "don't make that again" moment it was the dress up stuff, that was undeniably and epic fail for Mattel

My g/f ordered two sets of those bodies on her lunch today.

AWESOME!

I have a body for my Ghost Girl!!

Thanks for the discount code too!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA