Page 96 of 130 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 3242

Thread: Monster High

Apparently there's a slight issue with some DDG Spectra's legs, with one being longer than the other. Anyone come across this with their dolls? Looks like yet another thing to keep in mind when purchasing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2729265...in/photostream

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Got a Robecca and Venus finally (thanks to a fellow collector)!!!!! Venus is sooo cool and I love her pet plant. My Robecca's face paint seems off I'm hoping we can find another one with better eye paint. Looks like the Wal-mart exclusives are also starting to show up. I haven't found any yet but some have been spotted and are on e-bay.
    Her right eye?? Mine is too...its like the silver eyeline is up too high.

Did you notice anything about her knees? Can you bend them unnaturally forward? None of the other dolls can do this.

I really dig her but she seems to not have had the same QC as most of the dolls have.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know when those Action Feature MH dolls are coming out (the light up Frankie & Howling Clawdeen)?

I wonder how much they will be!?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post
    Apparently there's a slight issue with some DDG Spectra's legs, with one being longer than the other. Anyone come across this with their dolls? Looks like yet another thing to keep in mind when purchasing.

Not sure because I never put her legs straight, I have her posed like she is on the box.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Widget
    I almost wonder if the knee thing was done on purpose. As a robot she wouldn't have the restrictions of muscle and skin.
    ItsAllTrue.net, the best toy review site that I write for!

Quote Originally Posted by Surya View Post

I think a lot of them are all like that, but we have her in a floating pose so you really can't tell
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Mine seems to be like that- the bend in the ankles don't lineup- but with the shoes on it doesn't seem to matter. It makes me wonder if they somehow had a damaged leg mold, and it was easier to sculpt a new shoe to fit rather than retool the leg? But then again, doesn't she use the same body as most of them? Either way, the shoes line up so they might not fit right onto other feet.

The waist clip slides onto the stand quite tight, so she can float easily.

As for Robecca's knees... odd. Most of the dolls have a knee disc shaped like a D in that the joint will move backwards but has a corner stopping the leg from bending the wrong way. Robecca's is built like an O with no corner to stop the leg. They had to actually sculpt the piece like this, and Venus's knee disc is the D shape so it's not a revised universal mold, but done only for her. Maybe they'll have an in-universe reason for this? Maybe for flight her knees need to bend the wrong way at times?
    Last edited by diosoth; August 10, 2012 at 02:09pm.

Yeah she is a ghost so we have all of our Spectra's in a floating post, not sure why she would walk being a ghost anyway
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Big question... does reissue wave Spectra suffer the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Big question... does reissue wave Spectra suffer the same problem?
    The ones I have sold to my customers nobody has complained about, one took a pic but left her in the floating pose so maybe I should ask him just to find out

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post

Does anyone know when those Action Feature MH dolls are coming out (the light up Frankie & Howling Clawdeen)?

I wonder how much they will be!?
    got pics? Never heard of them!

Widget
    The pics were leaked with the Scaris figures, but they haven't been officially announced yet. Matty's done a pretty good job of having them taken down. You're best bet is if someone saved them and can send them to you directly.
    ItsAllTrue.net, the best toy review site that I write for!

Saw the Skull Shores 5-pack in Target today. So those are finally trickling in. And I finally saw DDG Spectra at retail - when I didn't have the money to buy her. Figures... but I did have enough for the GITD CAM lab pack, so I didn't leave empty handed. The funny thing is she was at K-mart, with the Abbey RM 2 pack, all the CAM labs add-ons, and the Ghost Cam. The K-marts by me usually have little or nothing in the MH section most of the time. Today they were stocked up.

Quote Originally Posted by AdventureVault View Post
    The pics were leaked with the Scaris figures, but they haven't been officially announced yet. Matty's done a pretty good job of having them taken down. You're best bet is if someone saved them and can send them to you directly.
    so.... anyone have them saved? want to PM me?

Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    so.... anyone have them saved? want to PM me?
    I dont have them saved but...

They showed Frankie with a light up face & torso, like she was being electrocuted)

Clawdeen looks like she bends a knee and her head pops back and I think maybe she howls??

They were both dressed in their original signature outfits.

People were trying to figure out if/how much bigger they would be...

But Frankie & Clawdeen where the only pics out.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Doesn't she float in the cartoon anyway?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I dont have them saved but...

They showed Frankie with a light up face & torso, like she was being electrocuted)

Clawdeen looks like she bends a knee and her head pops back and I think maybe she howls??

They were both dressed in their original signature outfits.

People were trying to figure out if/how much bigger they would be...

I was able to find some pics online. I hope they are standard MH size. I really like these! I'm missing Frankie and Clawdeen in their original outfits so this is a whole lot of win for me!

and to avoid 2 posts in a row.... SCORE!!
    WP_000204.jpg

Mezco is suing Mattel, claiming that the Target wave dolls are an infringement on a line of dolls they made based on old fairy tales. But honestly, I don't see it going anywhere. I doubt the lines are similar enough, and being based on old, public domain stories isn't grounds. Mezco hasn't had any major retail hit in a long time and Mattel is using pictures of Benjamin Franklin for toilet paper, it sounds like a cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Mezco is suing Mattel, claiming that the Target wave dolls are an infringement on a line of dolls they made based on old fairy tales. But honestly, I don't see it going anywhere. I doubt the lines are similar enough, and being based on old, public domain stories isn't grounds. Mezco hasn't had any major retail hit in a long time and Mattel is using pictures of Benjamin Franklin for toilet paper, it sounds like a cash grab.
    I figured that was coming, Mezco makes a subline of LDD for Scary Tales. In fact when I saw the leaked MH images a few months ago I looked up at my LDD Scary Tales Red Riding Hood and said oh Mattel is making their own versions

But yeah I don't really see it going anywhere like you said, because Monster High is Scarily Ever After and most of the Grimm/Fairy Tales are public domain at this point.

At worst I could see Mattel just agree to not make anymore Scarily Ever After or change the name but that is about it.

I was able to find some pics online. I hope they are standard MH size. I really like these! I'm missing Frankie and Clawdeen in their original outfits so this is a whole lot of win for me!

and to avoid 2 posts in a row.... SCORE!!
    WP_000204.jpg
    Sweet & Sweeter!

I remember the first time Spectra came out and had her own display island...I thought...wow...shes really cool had her in hand but put her back (just lost my job and thought it better not to spend $23.00 on a doll). lol

Well...I got a job but obviously by that time Spectra was OUT!

I waited and waited and almost broke down and bought her for $40.00 on ebay until the rummor was she was getting rereleased...and lo and behold...she did and I scored her too.

Lagoona has been my favorite for awhile but having Spectra...I really do think she is #1.

So lame story over...

Heroic Warrior
    There was also a pic of Spectra with light-up limbs and eyes.

As for price, I think the press release that went with the pics had a MSRP listed at around $30.

is there an estimated release date for these?

is there an estimated release date for these?
    Probably in the next two-three months, they were never officially revealed only leaked and legally forced to be taken down

I picked up the Dot Dead Gorgeous 3 Pack from Walmart today for my wife and another orger who asked me for one. Looks like they are getting 4-6 per store and its $40 so not too bad since its 3 exclusive dolls for once

Grrrr I cannot find the pics. lol

I dont remember seeing the light up Spectra? If so, that will be awesome. Def. need the Frankie!

$30.00 is not too bad either considering the basic signature doll is $20.00!!

Grrrr I cannot find the pics. lol

I dont remember seeing the light up Spectra? If so, that will be awesome. Def. need the Frankie!

$30.00 is not too bad either considering the basic signature doll is $20.00!!
    Spectra is the best one, Clawdeen's good because its her original outfit with some color change. But Spectra is definitely the best looking one from those leaked pics

well... so much for FreakyFab13

I'm guessing a lot of people were anticipating new exchange students