Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC She-Ra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTUC She-Ra Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys,

She-Ra has arrived! Enjoy!

As always, I'll do my best to answer any additional questions you may have!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why is the video not going fullscreen?

Anyway, great review, and I am very disappointed to here that she cannot sit. How are they going to get around that when Swiftwind comes out? Or is this an indication that they will not be doing him at all? I don't understand why they didn't just split the skirt on the sides ala Adora.

Also, am I the only one that can care less about the hole in her head? Honestly, who the hell would want to display She-Ra without her mask? Speaking of her head, this is why I'll just put the heads under hot water before I switch them. It is easier and avoids cracking.

Lastly, I hate the gold sword. If it was gold in the cartoon or even He-Man's was gold, I could except it, but since neither is, I cannot.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; June 5, 2010 at 11:07am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

*takes a moment to collect himself before hitting play*

Agh, we get a soft skirt with Evil-Lyn, but they couldn't manage it with She-Ra? MAN! That's the one I'd want in more actiony poses, more than Lyn. Ah well. I'll see what I can do when I have her in hand.

Otherwise, she looks awesome! Thanks, Dan! And hey, axe combs are important. You won't be complaining the next time you gotta axe a guy and the ensuing battle totally messes up your hair!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Great review as always. The part where you are brushing her hair is hilarious!!
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

Quote Originally Posted by okydoky View Post
    Great review as always. The part where you are brushing her hair is hilarious!!
    Yeah, ditto. I cracked up at that. A few here probably won't think it is too funny, though.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    The fullscreen function is working for me. I'm not sure what the issue might be.

Anyway, great review, and I am very disappointed to here that she cannot sit. How are they going to get around that when Swiftwind comes out? Or is this an indication that they will not be doing him at all? I don't understand why they didn't just split the skirt on the sides ala Adora.
    Yeah, the skirt really does get in the way, and I'm nervous about her inability to sit on Swift Wind. I hope Mattel has a plan for this.

Also, am I the only one that can care less about the hole in her head? Honestly, who the hell would want to display She-Ra without her mask? Speaking of her head, this is why I'll just put the heads under hot water before I switch them. It is easier and avoids cracking.
    Personally, I feel the same way. I won't be displaying her without her tiara anyway, so it doesn't really bother me much. But I wanted to make sure to address it for those whom it might bother.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)

Cape?

As always, thanks for an excellent review, Dan! I am curious about one more thing: Can She-Ra's cape fit nicely over Evil-Lyn's neck too, or does EL's collar interfere? (I'm just thinking that those lucky enough to snag two SRs might be able to use the extra cape for EL.)
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I saw you!! you were combing her hair!!!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

Great review as always. I'm anxiously waiting my She-Ras. It will be so nice to finally have the figure, I've wanted since late 1980's (I did not know that POP figures existed until shortly before MOTUC was started).

It's a compatibility issue between your browser and Blip.tv.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

That is a bummer on the skirt. I'm like Alexx and would want to do more poses with her. I thought I'd be able to make her look like she's doing a jump kick just like in the cartoon. Oh well, guess this is one drawback I have as a subscriber is getting all the mistakes in the first run.

Great review as always! So happy it is finally up, however I noticed on your figure and the ones from other reviews that the Filmation tiara looks slightly bent on one side. Is that true? Is the way the head is packaged going to do that to all the heads?
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

The same question could be asked about Battle Cat, but he still includes a removable helmet/mask.

I hate the hole in the head, and that head will immediately get tossed into my garbage can along with the packaging when I receive it. With PD saying that it's scary to switch the heads out, I'll only be using the one with the tiara permanently attached.

Thanks for the review PD! She-Ra will be a great figure to add to the collection!
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    As always, thanks for an excellent review, Dan! I am curious about one more thing: Can She-Ra's cape fit nicely over Evil-Lyn's neck too, or does EL's collar interfere? (I'm just thinking that those lucky enough to snag two SRs might be able to use the extra cape for EL.)
    This is a good question! I honestly didn't even think to try this. I'm willing to bet that Evil Lyn's collar will in fact get in the way, but I will try this tonight and let you know!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    She-Ra re-release with softer skirt here we come.

I'm only going to swap her head once, to the Filmation head as soon as I open her.

You know...that shot with her and 200X She-Ra might inspire me to try something. Heat and pop a spare Teela's arms and boots off, paint the bracers and boots completely gold and swap them with a spare She-Ra to get a more detailed She-Ra.

I wanna see how She-Ra looks without a cape. Or how her cape looks on Evil-Lyn.

Dan, did you get Keldor too?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Great review (as always) PD! I totally cracked up when you were combing her hair! I can't wait for She-Ra!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Thanks for the great review Dan!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

I wanna see how She-Ra looks without a cape. Or how her cape looks on Evil-Lyn.

Dan, did you get Keldor too?
    I'll try to get some shots of her without the cape. I think I did, but forgot to add them into the video. There was so much to cover, it was hard to remember to include everything! Heh.

And yep, got Keldor AND Marzo! Expect them both by the end of the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    With PD saying that it's scary to switch the heads out, I'll only be using the one with the tiara permanently attached.
    QFTroof!
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    In the backcard Swift Wind is painted pink That´s no good news.

Dan, So She-Ra's skirt is not as soft as Evil-Lyn's skirt? That's a bummer.

As for the cape. It should fit on Evil-Lyn, but the collar on her costume will cause a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    In the backcard Swift Wind is painted pink That´s no good news.
    That's old promotional art that was used. Swifty will probably be pink in color. I don't care as long as we get Swift Wind.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I hate the hole in the head, and that head will immediately get tossed into my garbage can along with the packaging when I receive it.

Shoot dont throw it out, I'll gladly take it off your hands!
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

I really don't understand what the problem is with soft plastics. At this stage in the game this should have been sorted. This line has been going for over a year now. COME ON.

Tytus loing cloth. She-Ra skirt. Hordaks Cape. Teela/Evil Lynns costumes. What is the deal? why is it so difficult to get this sorted?
    At this stage i'd even be willing to accept a FABRIC skirt for she-ra. Yea thats right. i said it. I know it'll never happen but i'd rather have that than an unposable figure. It just seems like a waste considering that articulation that the sculpt has in it.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Thanks for a great review, Dan! She looks better than I expected. And with Adora's head she looks awesome!
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Thanks for the review Dan! Another awesome job!

I really wish Mattel would get it together on the female head situation. My Teela and Goddess have bobble heads, and this was an issue I thought that was fixed when I got my Evil Lyn. Hers didn't have that at all. It's disappointing to see that we are back to that issue again.