Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Shokoti Discussion

Hybrid View

Elder Councilman

MotUC Shokoti Discussion

I really gotta know: why is everyone so desperate to have her in the collection?

I saw the two-parter( and was actually quite surprised that they even did a two-parter, I'll confess), and thought it was pretty good, but nothing that really blew me out of the water about it.

Why is Shokoti so incredibly popular?

Don't get me wrong, I'll gladly add her to my Classics Collection when Mattel gets the Filmation rights, but I just don't fully understand the full appeal of Shokoti and Lord Masque.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

I think it is because she is blue skinned, demonic and really evil.

Nerd boys love ladies with blue skin. They also seem to love the underdog. Goat-Man. Fang Man. Even Count Marzo & Evil Seed weren't much to speak of in their Filmation days.

1 shotters seem to stick around and gain cult followings.

Probably more nostalgic reason but when I saw the ep for the first time as a kid, it really blew me away. Thought the character was truly evil and a major threat.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome appearance, awesome voice, awesome episode.

All Larry DiTillio characters are awesome and I would love any of them in figure form. That guy knew what he was doing with his He-Man episodes.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Awesome appearance, awesome voice, awesome episode.

All Larry DiTillio characters are awesome and I would love any of them in figure form. That guy knew what he was doing with his He-Man episodes.
    Quote! it really cool!

'House of Shokoti' is a funny thing- Shokoti's name-checked in the first episode and doesn't even appear. It's not only one of the biggest drum-rolls for a character, the tension build-up is done brilliantly and reminiscent of a horror movie, IMO. When she finally appears, I'm never disappointed- she's just as demonic and terrifying as we'd been led to expect. Linda Gary's excellent voice-acting makes Shokoti an even more formidable presence and Larry DiTillio's writing puts her ahead of most other one-shot characters for me.

I can imagine them doing great things with Shokoti. She's a demon from the past and I think she'd make a great addition to the line, perhaps even with some sort of connection with King Hiss- she has an element of 'snake' about her.

I hope they secure the rights so we can add her to our collections!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    It's real simple, she's awesome.
    Amen!!!
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Amen!!!
    Brother!!!

I completely agree. Though the episodes are great, and unique for the Filmation He-Man, and the character designs are cool, and I'd be happy to add them/her to my MOTUC collection,,....

I am just not that jazzed about them. I mean, given the above, I would still rather have Icer, Strongarm, Fang Man, and Lizard Man more.

I acknowledge that perhaps the Shokoti and all is really great, but I too wonder what is so special.

Maybe just to have a new Vilian female, wonderful, but otherwise the three I mentioned above fit the origianl Vintage line better, and so I felt their exclusion more.

Frankly I'd rather have a Keldor Mother (and if it were Shokoti that would be cool) more, with a nice bio.

I don't that many Filmation characters but I would definitely take a Shokoti.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Why is Shokoti so incredibly popular?
    Never heard of him/her/it, if that makes you feel better. Other than someone's username.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Never heard of him/her/it, if that makes you feel better. Other than someone's username.
    That's how most people felt about Count Marzo until they updated him and added him into the MYP series. Now look at Count Marzo's popularity. I know I put some effort into his popularity.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Her name is SHA-POOPI, people. COME ON, don't you people watch the cartoon??

A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Her name is SHA-POOPI, people. COME ON, don't you people watch the cartoon??

I thought that actually dumbed down the episode a little bit...

It did, if you watch as an adult, but for little kids, I think it might have been necessary. That episode kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it LOL.

Plus, you've got to admit, he's a riot in that episode
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

That's how most people felt about Count Marzo until they updated him and added him into the MYP series. Now look at Count Marzo's popularity.
    That's an excellent point. Same goes for Evilseed, (I actually like the Filmation version better *shrugs*). Shokoti already has a pretty large cult following, but if she'd been updated for the MYP series she'd be a fan favorite.

Elder Councilman
    That's an excellent point. Same goes for Evilseed, (I actually like the Filmation version better *shrugs*). Shokoti already has a pretty large cult following, but if she'd been updated for the MYP series she'd be a fan favorite.
    I kind of agree with you about Evilseed; maybe just cause it's one of my favorite episodes.

Definitely. That's why they really need to get these Filmation rights man. Not only would we get a few awesome Filmation MOTU things, but POP would EXTREMELY benefit from it. Some of their heavy hitters are Filmation-based and there are a lot of other lesser knowns that would make AWESOME MOTUC figures.

Count Marzo is the perfect example of this. Count Marzo didn't even have a cult following at all. A lot of people didn't even think he was a MOTU character and asked me about it back then. Only a handful remembered him at all and he appeared in 3 episodes. At least Shokoti is more popular with fans than Count Marzo was before the 2002/MYP series and she was in the only 2 parter by Larry D. nonetheless that most people seem to remember as a favorite episode.

Everytime I talk about this stuff, I feel greatful that they chose Count Marzo of all characters from Filmation. Evil Seed is no slouch either and he only appeared in 1 episode. Wonder how they decided to choose Evil Seed.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Count Marzo is the perfect example of this. Count Marzo didn't even have a cult following at all. A lot of people didn't even think he was a MOTU character and asked me about it back then. Only a handful remembered him at all and he appeared in 3 episodes. At least Shokoti is more popular with fans than Count Marzo was before the 2002/MYP series and she was in the only 2 parter by Larry D. nonetheless that most people seem to remember as a favorite episode.
    Yeah, you got lucky on that one. Count Marzo benefited more than anyone by being updated by MYP. One question though- why doesn't his figure come with a black flower?

She would have been my first or second choice for a 200X revamp. This is what I would've love her to look like. Classic look but slightly updated.

That pic is awesome!

The 200x treatment definitely would have been outstanding for Shokoti. Classics treatment lacking hyper-detail probably will not be as visually dynamic, but I bet the 4H could still do a knockout job with her.

If Mattel ever get the FILMation rights I believe Shokoti is as likely as Shadow Weaver to be produced because this is another character who could be displayed both with modern and Preternian figures (IMO).

It saddens me that greedy sandslug Kothos and the beauteous Lady Valtira do not get the same love as Shokoti...
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I never heard of her either...thought it was a video game or something...

both characters are awesome.

great voices and pure evil.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    ancient evil gar sorceress! very cool. love her look!