Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Shokoti Discussion

With Shokoti wearing a leotard and the most recent Octavia crotch piece incident, i hope this problem with the female crotch pieces will be fixed soon.

The FOUR HORSEMEN make perfect looking prototypes but in the end the finished figures look awkward.

First Adora but than they seemed to get it right when they made Cpt. Glenn but than there were Tallstar and Jewelstar now Octavia has a very odd looking leotard, first i thought itīs not to bad but others pointed it out and they were right and now with Shokoti and characters like Glimmer, Angella, Mara(Prototype or JETLAG warrior version), Scorpia or Mermista when not in mermaid form on their way this problem can not be ignored.

The figures are getting more expensive so itīs only fair that we can expect we get what the FOUR HORSEMEN create and not what design thinks could work.

Stick to the prototype look, please! I donīt mind changes like slits at the sides of skirts or maybe slightly different shaped hair so that the action figure can be posed better but i donīt expect design down grades from one of the best toy factories in the world!
    Last edited by Niki; February 20, 2013 at 02:28pm.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Not IN MY CANON...Ū
    Nor my own. if they make her a Gar, it'll be the dumbest thing they've done since the comics inferred Orko was uber powerful.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Not IN MY CANON...Ū

I think she is great & will happily be getting her (how I'm not sure)!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Nor my own. if they make her a Gar, it'll be the dumbest thing they've done since the comics inferred Orko was uber powerful.
    Actually, Orko WAS uber powerful...in Trolla; it's our universe that apparently fouls up his powers. They didn't call him "Orko the Great" back home for nothing.

As for Sheshemie, I ignore the bios, so the only thing I will know about her is what Malaktha told us years ago...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    With Shokoti wearing a leotard and the most recent Octavia crotch piece incident, i hope this problem with the female crotch pieces will be fixed soon.

The FOUR HORSEMEN make perfect looking prototypes but in the end the finished figures look awkward.

First Adora but than they seemed to get it right when they made Cpt. Glenn but than there were Tallstar and Jewelstar now Octavia has a very odd looking leotard, first i thought itīs not to bad but others pointed it out and they were right and now with Shokoti and characters like Glimmer, Angella, Mara(Prototype or JETLAG warrior version), Scorpia or Mermista when not in mermaid form on their way this problem can not be ignored.

The figures are getting more expensive so itīs only fair that we can expect we get what the FOUR HORSEMEN create and not what design thinks could work.

Stick to the prototype look, please! I donīt mind changes like slits at the sides of skirts or maybe slightly different shaped hair so that the action figure can be posed better but i donīt expect design down grades from one of the best toy factories in the world!
    I know, I have no idea why they can't get the leotard bottom right (Scott's inane sugesstion that Adora is wearing a tunic non withstanding ). The bottom just needs to be shaped to fit underneath, not left to hang. While it is something that I can fix easily enough, it is silly that it can't be done right once it moves to design.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I'm really excited to get this one.

A Pak of Darklings would be killer, though; I'd like to have 3-6 of them myself.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I know, I have no idea why they can't get the leotard bottom right (Scott's inane sugesstion that Adora is wearing a tunic non withstanding ). The bottom just needs to be shaped to fit underneath, not left to hang. While it is something that I can fix easily enough, it is silly that it can't be done right once it moves to design.
    This whole crotch piece leotard fiasco is ridiculous! Why do we not have this problem with the male figures?? I am not looking forward to any of the females now. To think that Shakoti, Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, and Scorpia will all suffer from this makes me angry. It just throws the whole proportions of the figures off. I don't understand why it is so hard to make them like Captain Glen's, hers was perfect. Toyguru, this has to be addressed and looked into.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    This whole crotch piece leotard fiasco is ridiculous! Why do we not have this problem with the male figures?? I am not looking forward to any of the females now. To think that Shakoti, Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, and Scorpia will all suffer from this makes me angry. It just throws the whole proportions of the figures off. I don't understand why it is so hard to make them like Captain Glen's, hers was perfect. Toyguru, this has to be addressed and looked into.
    I think ideally, there should be a "bare buck" underneath and the garment could go over the legs and then attach together either at the shoulders or around the waist, or like Marlena's robe. Kind of an opposite version of the male armor.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I think ideally, there should be a "bare buck" underneath and the garment could go over the legs and then attach together either at the shoulders or around the waist, or like Marlena's robe. Kind of an opposite version of the male armor.
    The female body is different than the male body and thatīs what they tried with Teela, Adora and She-Ra but they are very static and canīt turn their upper body. Thatīs why back 2.0 was made and that idea is better so at least we can turn them now but the skirt/leotard area is still not working right.

Skirts still donīt get slits at the sides and the leotard which looks good on the prototypes looks like a pointy wrong fitted stiff and to big mini skirt.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Extremely excited about Shokoti’s inclusion in the Classics line. Easily one of my favourite Filmation villains who I’ve wanted in figure form since I started collecting. Good chance I’ll pick up multiples. Would love a spell casting hand but it’s probably too late for that.

I have no idea if she’s Gar or not (as discussed earlier in this thread). I wouldn't be surprised if Mattel went that route for her bio as it seems to be a preference of theirs. I don’t think it matters either way as long as greater emphasis is placed on her ancient origins and dark power.

Lord Masque would also make a fantastic figure. A perfect fit for Classics really.

Such an atmospheric tone to both those episodes. In fact I’m going to rewatch them right now.

I like this figure a lot but wish she had more accessories. Also, for the Filmation Sub they should've made a new female buck with the insane waist-to-hip ratio all the ladies had in that show.

With Shokoti wearing a leotard ...
    uh... isn't that what she's wearing in the cartoon?

Can anyone summarise if we're looking at any crotch issues here? I can't see any, and am relieved!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    uh... isn't that what she's wearing in the cartoon?

Can anyone summarise if we're looking at any crotch issues here? I can't see any, and am relieved!
    Yes, she does and so does Octavia.

Octavias prototype was shown wearing a crotch piece that almost looked like a form fitting leotard. "Shakoti"s prototype had her own design but the leotard looked very well formed.

BUT Octavias final figure shown at NYTF 2013 wears a clunky, almost skirt like pointy crotch piece.

People said itīs okay for them since she is a monster and doesnīt have to be sexy but when we asked Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich if this is the final look he said it is totally new and will be used from now on.

Which brings us to characters like Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, Mara, Crita or SHOKOTI. All of them wear leotards and now iīm afraid all of them will get a weird looking not fitting pointy skirt piece instead of a leotard.

I hope i could make myself a bit clearer now

Go to the Octavia discussion thread i uploaded pictures there.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Disappointed to see that she has no weapons or translucent magic effect accessories. I think I will give her the extra Evil-Lyn dagger & wand.

What weapons & accessories are you guys going to use with her?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I swear if they spell her name "Shakoti" on the packaging I'm going to flip! They got the new copyright with the correct spelling -- so USE it Mattel!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Disappointed to see that she has no weapons or translucent magic effect accessories. I think I will give her the extra Evil-Lyn dagger & wand.

What weapons & accessories are you guys going to use with her?
    The dagger that came with Battleground Evil-Lyn, for sure. It's a great match!

Yes, she does and so does Octavia.

Octavias prototype was shown wearing a crotch piece that almost looked like a form fitting leotard. "Shakoti"s prototype had her own design but the leotard looked very well formed.
    oh for ****sake!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    Lord Masque would also make a fantastic figure. A perfect fit for Classics really.
    I'm REALLY hoping that he is one of the two unrevealed figures from the sub; it just seems like a perfect match to have both of them made in this sub. A lot of existing parts can be used to make Masque, so he's not going to need much new tooling, which I would think would make him a very likely candidate here...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    I swear if they spell her name "Shakoti" on the packaging I'm going to flip! They got the new copyright with the correct spelling -- so USE it Mattel!

I have to agree SHAkoti sounds so awkard.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    oh for ****sake!
    hmmm?

I honestly can say i have no clue what you meant by that?

Is it: Oh, for ---- sake! You guys are maybe on to something and hopefully everything will turn out the way it was shown at NYTT2013

OR is it: Oh, for ---- sake! You guys are exaggerating and we should stop worrying about unlaid eggs?!

I really canīt tell by this point what you were trying to say

My usually eloquence failed me.

Is it: Oh, for ---- sake! You guys are maybe on to something and hopefully everything will turn out the way it was shown at NYTT2013
    Correct.

If they mess up Shokoti, I won't bother.

Messing up Shobootie's name is a long standing tradition; perhaps Mattel is simply honoring that here.

With my confusion about the schedule concerning the Fighting Foe Men and their release i went on Mattyīs forum to find iīm not the only one and i found the link to the recent schedule.

And since i was there i looked and found Shokoti...and itīs there in black and white, Shokoti with an "o"...in August.

So she is again planned for August and written with an "o"....!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ales_schedules

I'm shocked that they didn't add fangs to Shokoti. I think it would have made her figure look really cool. Here's hoping that she doesn't suffer from pizza slice leotard syndrome.