Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Glimmer

MOTUC Visions: Glimmer

Okay, this is wasn't what I promised, and to be honest she didn't even came out that great.
    I was very stressed with the current job so i wanted to do something to relax, and I wanted to mess a bit with Photoshop CS5's new brushes.
    This is really my very first attempt at using the new wet brushes there.
    I chose Glimmer because there was some talk about her beign one of the next POP MOTUC.
    If anything, this shows how Mattel could sell two figures with a single mold (admit it, most us us would buy both decos! )

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    WOW you did it again Emiliano another great depiction

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Liking it Emiliano.

Not sure which one I like the best as the changes to be are so subtle. The original toy feels so muted, while the cartoon version is more vibrant, like MOTUC. Can Mattel even go with the cartoon one?

The Photoshop wet brushes work well. Is it a big leap from CS4, in terms of digital painting?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Liking it Emiliano.
    Not sure which one I like the best as the changes to be are so subtle. The original toy feels so muted, while the cartoon version is more vibrant, like MOTUC. Can Mattel even go with the cartoon one?
    They are going with what's in the 1987 Style Guide, so I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be a problem at all

The Photoshop wet brushes work well. Is it a big leap from CS4, in terms of digital painting?
    For Photoshop, yes, but it doesn't do anything that Painter haven't been doing for years.
    And the brush response is still far from being fluid and realistic like in Painter (that's why I prefer to sketch in Painter)

Nice work as always, Emiliano! I hope Mattel gets her even close to how well Glimmer looks there. I am eager to add her to my collection.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Beautiful! I wouldn't mind buying both.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Beautiful work, Emiliano! I like the cartoon colors best. I hope they'd make the blue parts metallic as an homage to the silver in the vintage figure's version. Also, the vintage figure had unique boots and bracelets. If they're going to emulate that version, I'd rather them do it right. Teela has really ornate bracelets, so there's no reason to skimp on the detail. That's why if they're going to use the plain ones, I'd rather see the cartoon colors.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

My only two criticisms are that I would prefer the toy come with some bigger hair... I always loved Glimmer's bushy pink afro, and always thought her flattened hair in the cartoon made her look kinda homely. Give her some volume... LOL! And I'd rather her have some sort of skirt instead of the "clad in spandex" Filmation look. But I think her face looks great here, and I love the detail on her staff!

I would happily shell out for both versions here! Great Work Emiliano
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Amazing! Perhaps the cartoon (style guide) version could come with some extra accessories and the original toy version an extra head with the afro!?

Great work Emiliano. Personally I'd love to see Netossa next.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Great work Emiliano! Glimmer is fantastic! I prefers the cartoon version and i hope That it will be done in MOTUC!

WOW!!! I love it, Emiliano!

I have to admit, Filmation's colors are always beautiful, though I've long been a fan of the toy look for Glimmer. I think though that if they can go with the Style Guide Glimmer, then they should stick to those colors and not bother with the toy color scheme at all. Toy colors should go with a more faithful interpretation of the toy design (with fabric skirt, crown, bad perm, etc).

But I love the staff unconditionally! It's perfect!

It's hideous, terrible, makes me want to vomit!

Seriously Emiliano, what's wrong with her? She's perfect. Your stressed with your current job? Can't wait to here what that is.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Very nice! With all your previous designs being so close to what the Four Horsemen have done. I'm sure she'll look like one of the two you have there! So no worries!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Nice work . I also like more the cartoon one.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!!
    My only fear is that Four Horsemen don't find these threads
    ...I love both, but I prefer Style Guide colors

Emi, how about begin to show the them back view?
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!!
    My only fear is that Four Horsemen don't find these threads
    Just let 'em know
    Emi, how about begin to show the them back view?
    I'd love to, but as you know, time is limited. I'd like to do full turnarounds for all of them, but I barely manage to squeeze them here and there, so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Seriously Emiliano, what's wrong with her? She's perfect. Your stressed with your current job? Can't wait to here what that is.
    Coloring is not as good as I wanted it to be. I think Perfuma is still the best I did.
    I shouldn't have used the word stressed for the current job, it's something I'm enjoying a lot, I'm just a bit tired and not always happy with the results.
    I dont' think any of the stuff I do for Hasbro will ever see the light, especially if it's movie related but it's always fun and challenging!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Great work Emiliano. Personally I'd love to see Netossa next.
    I have a soft spot for Netossa, I'd love to sketch her!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    My only two criticisms are that I would prefer the toy come with some bigger hair... I always loved Glimmer's bushy pink afro, and always thought her flattened hair in the cartoon made her look kinda homely. Give her some volume... LOL! And I'd rather her have some sort of skirt instead of the "clad in spandex" Filmation look. But I think her face looks great here, and I love the detail on her staff!
    Oh I'm with you on that. I'd much prefer a toy version that actually look like the toy. But the idea here was to show what the result would be with a simple repaint. Something very cheap for Mattel.

Hey, really nicely done!
    A proud Illumina fan! - She-Raver by conviction...

Oh I like her! Definitely prefer the more softer colours of the toy deco! She looks a little more sleek I think!

Love that new brush too. Is that just on CS5?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Movie mayhem!
    Looks great! I wonder if we'll get an 80's hair from the toy version back then lol How would they even do that in plastic

Dear God, the cartoon version is so awesome! I've wanted such a Glimmer for ages! Heck, that's one of the very few cased where I'd even pay more than the usual price just to get her!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Wow, am I the only guy who likes the toy colors better? Anyway, she looks cool! I'd hope that a release would give her another accessory to make her a little more interesting, but the staff is really detailed and it at least covered her usual gear...I think. I didn't look it up. Anyway, she would make a good first offering from She-Ra's group. Simple and cost effective, since he doesn't come with much.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Pretty nice, Emilliano! I like the cartoon colors best.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

....want.......want now....want...Want.....WAnt....WANT WANT WANT WANT!
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice job , I like her.