Thread: SERTEK - Heroic Snakeman

SERTEK - Heroic Snakeman

A redesign of a character I created way back in 2007 http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...99-My-Snakemen (and based on the awesome art style of 200x)

Last edited by wolfsfang; July 29, 2014 at 03:35pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Nice. I like the idea of heroic snakemen, and Sertek's an interesting character in his own right.

Nice job Wolfie! Your illustrations line work & colors both look great!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95 View Post
    Nice. I like the idea of heroic snakemen, and Sertek's an interesting character in his own right.
    Thanks, glad you find him interesting.

I created him because I am personally sick of Snakes (and Snake people) being portrayed as monsters and villains in sci-fi / fantasy properties and decided it was about time to right that terrible wrong. So now my ultimate goal is to create a team of Snakemen who are good and fight alongside the heroic Masters.

Of course if anyone wants to help please feel free.

Oh and just to be clear about what I mean when it comes to his weakness. If Sertek decides to alter his appearance to resemble He-Man he will not get his super strength and if he decides to take on the form of Skeletor he won't suddenly become a master of the dark arts.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; July 21, 2014 at 09:07pm.

Oh, I've got a few heroic Snake-Men of my own.

Here:

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 8.42.54 PM.png Arsenal

Pythona.png Pythona

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 7.20.52 pm.png Clipper

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 9.20.46 pm.png Khamo Khan

Yellowback.jpg Yellowback

Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 6.43.46 pm.png He-Kobra, Son of the Green Goddess

Undertow.jpg Undertow

Screen Shot 2013-10-17 at 7.23.27 PM.png The He-Snake of Preternia [Pre-Grayskull]
    Last edited by Joker95; July 22, 2014 at 07:22am.

Nice heroic Snakemen Joker.

I especially like Yellowback, something about the way he looks really stands out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Nice heroic Snakemen Joker.

I especially like Yellowback, something about the way he looks really stands out to me.
    I appreciate the compliment, kind sir. And I'm honored. Though to be honest, I always thought the Heroic Snakemen would be something like a MOTU equivalent of the X-Men. You have Sertek, who's kind of the Professor X/Cyclops of the band, Yellowback's Jubilee/Iceman, He-Kobra's Angel, Pythona's Rogue, Clipper's Storm/Jean Grey, Khamo Khan's Kitty Pryde, Undertow's kind of like Beast, Arsenal's Cable and the He-Snake is more of a 'Thor' character. Yeah, I know Thor's not an X-Man, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by Joker95; July 23, 2014 at 08:30pm.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Oh, I've got a few heroic Snake-Men of my own.
    Ahhhh, yes. Fábrica de Heróis, with one from Hero Machine. I've made a few characters with those myself.
    Nice collection. I'd like to hear more about them, but let's save that for another thread.

As for Sertek, I like everything about him except that "double-knee look"; and is this thread becoming a thread for other snakies that side with the Grayskull warriors?

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post
    Ahhhh, yes. Fábrica de Heróis, with one from Hero Machine. I've made a few characters with those myself.
    Nice collection. I'd like to hear more about them, but let's save that for another thread.

As for Sertek, I like everything about him except that "double-knee look"; and is this thread becoming a thread for other snakies that side with the Grayskull warriors?

--Asp'r
    Well apart from completely redoing his legs I can't think of any way to fix the double knee look, still happy you like him despite that.

As for other heroic Snakemen, sure people can post them in this thread if they wish or they can start their own.

--update--

I added a couple of knee guards that hopefully makes his legs look a bit better.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; July 29, 2014 at 03:36pm.

--Asp'r
    Do show us. Also, I think we should come up with a logo for the Heroic Snake-Men. And I think I have just the logo in mind: http://images.all-free-download.com/...ine_138788.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang
    Well apart from completely redoing his legs I can't think of any way to fix the double knee look, still happy you like him despite that.

As for other heroic Snakemen, sure people can post them in this thread if they wish or they can start their own.

--update--

I added a couple of knee guards that hopefully makes his legs look a bit better.
    I do understand that, wouldn't ask for a redraw just to satisfy Serpos, and thanks for the invitation. The knee guards didn't make much of a difference in my ancient eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker95
    Do show us. Also, I think we should come up with a logo for the Heroic Snake-Men. And I think I have just the logo in mind: (url)httр://images.all-free-download.cоm/images/graphiclarge/medicine_138788.jpg(/url)
    Normally I would, but I haven't made any SnakeMen with the program so I can't show them in this thread. As for the symbol, another character is already using it.

As for Wolfsfang's invitation, here's my one Grayskull allied Snake:

His name is Detoxusss. Tox for short. He's the expert on venoms and toxins, and (as his name implies) their antidotes. Like Sertek, he also did not agree with King Hisss' xenophobic views, and he used an attack on a SnakeMen base as cover for his defection. Unlike Sertek, however, he did not have anyone to vouch for his loyalty to Randor, so to prove it he ripped off his own fangs and tail in front of them. He is truly working his best to earn their trust and become a valued member of Eternos' medical staff.

I have added an attachment of Detoxusss, drawn by forum member 2-bad.

--Asp'r
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SnakeMenPriest; August 7, 2014 at 01:38am. Reason: Doublepost Prevention

I do understand that, wouldn't ask for a redraw just to satisfy Serpos, and thanks for the invitation. The knee guards didn't make much of a difference in my ancient eyes.

Normally I would, but I haven't made any SnakeMen with the program so I can't show them in this thread. As for the symbol, another character is already using it.

As for Wolfsfang's invitation, here's my one Grayskull allied Snake:

His name is Detoxusss. Tox for short. He's the expert on venoms and toxins, and (as his name implies) their antidotes. Like Sertek, he also did not agree with King Hisss' xenophobic views, and he used an attack on a SnakeMen base as cover for his defection. Unlike Sertek, however, he did not have anyone to vouch for his loyalty to Randor, so to prove it he ripped off his own fangs and tail in front of them. He is truly working his best to earn their trust and become a valued member of Eternos' medical staff.

I have added an attachment of Detoxusss, drawn by forum member 2-bad.

--Asp'r
    I love Detoxusss' design, he looks very much like an alchemist. Very nice.

Cool characters! I'd love to see more of them, maybe a fan-fiction story...
    To infinity, and beyond!

I like him a lot! I would really like to see more Snake Men that aren't part of that monolithic evil that they seem to be portrayed to be in most of the other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Salamandra View Post
    I like him a lot! I would really like to see more Snake Men that aren't part of that monolithic evil that they seem to be portrayed to be in most of the other media.
    Exactly, snakes and snakemen / snake cults are nearly always viewed of as evil and to be feared. From the Snakemen of MOTU to the Serpent Men of Kull / Conan and even Cobra from G.I. Joe. Snakes are frequently cast as the villains and I think that is just wrong.

Just going back to MOTU, just because some Snakemen are evil does that mean all should be? Some humans in MOTU are evil so shouldn't that mean ALL humans in MOTU should be evil?

Well I say NO

MOTU (and other stories) need good and heroic snakes / snakemen so lets bring them on

Exactly, snakes and snakemen / snake cults are nearly always viewed of as evil and to be feared. From the Snakemen of MOTU to the Serpent Men of Kull / Conan and even Cobra from G.I. Joe. Snakes are frequently cast as the villains and I think that is just wrong.

Just going back to MOTU, just because some Snakemen are evil does that mean all should be? Some humans in MOTU are evil so shouldn't that mean ALL humans in MOTU should be evil?

Well I say NO

MOTU (and other stories) need good and heroic snakes / snakemen so lets bring them on
    Here here! Turtles can't be the only heroic reptiles.

Agreed! The more heroic snakes, the merrier!

Well I say NO

Agreed! The more heroic snakes, the merrier!
    I created a thread for that.

--Asp'r

Heroic Warrior
    How can a snakeman get a human knocked up? Don't think that'd work.