Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really like Calix bio it seem right to me. Its kinda refreshing to see a bad guy really on the side of good. His death makes more sense now.
    I like most of Snake Faces bio too. Adds a good mythology feel. I like that he once was a priest. And that he was transformed into a snakeman.
    Slush Head makes me rethink what the space mutants were all about. Were they rebels? Good in some way before Skeletor took control?
    Love Adams bio as the opening for the MYP cartoon.
    Last edited by kylun flac; December 2, 2010 at 03:46am.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Probably not the place for this question but why was Gygor made to be evil in MOTUC?! I thought he was affiliated with He-Ro and He-Man.....
    For the major public, first mentioning came from Roger Sweet's book "Mastering the Universe". In there, it is only referred, that Gygor would be a beast that He-Man would ride.

No specifics were given about affiliciation of Gygor, good or bad or origins.

I don't remember He-Ro ever being linked with Gygor in original continuity (since He-Ro had very little to go with, and Gygor was never mentioned in his styleguide texts).

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    For the major public, first mentioning came from Roger Sweet's book "Mastering the Universe". In there, it is only referred, that Gygor would be a beast that He-Man would ride.

No specifics were given about affiliciation of Gygor, good or bad or origins.

I don't remember He-Ro ever being linked with Gygor in original continuity (since He-Ro had very little to go with, and Gygor was never mentioned in his styleguide texts).
    I may have gotten the He-Ro idea from a picture I saw. But I have seen alot of pics with Gygor being rode by He-Man. Thanks for ur help. Just wondered why the change.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    I may have gotten the He-Ro idea from a picture I saw. But I have seen alot of pics with Gygor being rode by He-Man. Thanks for ur help. Just wondered why the change.
    There has been a fan-art contest long time ago (before Org published the Gygor prototype photo, or MOTUC showed their Gygor sculpt) in which members drew how they imagined Gygor and how it might look if He-Man was riding him as a beast.

Update
    wave 18

Old post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    You guys have been updating and tweaking some of the old pics haven't you?
    A few, yes. I tried to bring some of them up to the level of what I've done in part 2. All goes well, we should be posting the next four chapters this month!

Here's some more bios for December!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eahawk_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../flogg_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...untara_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...ackney_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...uzzoff_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...edwina_bio.jpg
    Last edited by gbagok; July 7, 2013 at 08:28pm.

wow,wow and wow ,excellent.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    GBAGOK, you've captured Lady Edwina's face perfectly in the update. She always had that sleepy look to her.

Are these characters hints to those who will appear in the Book of Evil?
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

about buzz-off , great real name
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; December 4, 2010 at 06:03pm.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    about buzz-off great real name
    Thank you! I imagine their language sounds like the Prawns from District 9, but I didn't want to say "Click Clack Clickity Clack Cluck."

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    GBAGOK, you've captured Lady Edwina's face perfectly in the update. She always had that sleepy look to her.

Are these characters hints to those who will appear in the Book of Evil?
    Thanks! A lot of my early attempts made her look like an aging lush, enough that you'd wonder why Orko was so smitten by her.

I've tried not to use too many of the BoE characters in the bios. None of these latest six are in the story, although Edwina might be in the background somehwere.

gbagok I'd like to know if we will have to Lubic at some point, I would love to see him with his eternian's clothes and see his bio .

WOW!!! The new bios are awesome.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Widget
    Damn, this is pure ownage, Gbagok! Can't wait for more!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    I'm loving these. Edwina is perfect. Any chance you'll do one for the 87 movie version of She-Ra you previewed in BOE? I'm not sure if she's still She-Ra or another character, but she came out great. Also, might you do He-Ro (Dare)?

Again, love your canon.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Nice job! I'm surprised you didn't mention the unproduced She-Ra episode, whose storyboards are available on the Vol. 3 She-Ra dvds, where She-Ra goes to Silax to help Huntara, because the Horde have come to take revenge on Huntara turning against them. It would have been a huge battle episode.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I dig the Arachna empire and the origins of the Andreenids/Polti/Kex/Tycons/etc as slave-races of the Arachna. I also like the conflict between the Horde Empire and the Arachna Empire.

It gives the Andreenids an otherworldly origin and leads one to think that perhaps the Andreenids of Eternia might somehow be related/connected to Sweet Bee's people (in your canon).

Those are the cool kinds of touches that make me look forward to these (well, those touches and your artwork - you always impress).

I really like what you did with Lady Edwina.
    I have just been silently observing, but I thought I should chime in.

These are absolutely awesome!

Can't wait to see Blade, Saurod and Karg (hoping they're on the way!)

A big fan of Slush Head
    Your take on the MOTUverse is awesome G. Love how you blend every era and MOTU facts into the bios.

Your vision of the NA story is great and I will never get tired of saying that to you. Those bios are the once I enjoy the most and not because I like NA but becuase nobody writes about NA characters. You are giving them some love.
    I can't wait for more of them.

You are doing one hell of a job bud. Keep'em coming.
    Oh and it's great to hear about the BOE coming back soon. I can't wait.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Wow mate these are awesome! I especially like your approach to Buzz's real name, cos quite frankly it would be unpronounceable in Eternia's common tongue.

Nice work on Edwina! I love seeing Filmation C-Listers appear in your redesigns!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

This is great! Flogg and Seahawk are my favorites this time. Love Seahawk's new energy saber. The updated Buzz-Off is the only one I'm not quite happy with, I still prefer your first version, who looked alot more edged.

Nevertheless it is a fantastic character assortment.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Brilliant. The last line of Sea Hawk's bio brought a tear to my eye - an honest reflection of what could easily be Adora's greatest wishes combined.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Since no one mentioned it you, it was brilliant to make Rachney one of the Arachna. I am sure that wasnt the original intent when the character was created, but fits like a glove. Here I always thought the horde members from the Sorceress' origin story were all lizard-like....this works better!
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    [quote gbagok]

[/quote]

This would make one awesome group pic.

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

I haven't had a chance to be on the .Org in a while, and especially to check out GBAGOK's awesome work.. Especially since I was one of the main people who was clamoring for it.

This is utterly amazing. It's like 200X never died.

All of the pics are amazing. I'm feeling most of the bios, with the exception of only a couple of things. But other than that, this is flawless work.

When they say that MOTU has been kept alive by the fans, this is precisely what they meant. I'm surprised that someone doesn't take all of this, and put it up on the main page of the .Org somewhere.

There are quite a few characters to go, so I hope you never stop, GBAGOK.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Just wondering, but has there ever been a gbagok "Anti He-Man"??
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.