Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Well, so i begin "saying" thank you very much for making this possible, gbagok.

I've been following your work for a while now and i just can say it's excellent. You've created the most fantastic work and i'm not talking just about the magnificent drawings.

Please, keep it up and thanks again!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Gbagok, I love how your bios mix elements from the various MOTU media... (for instance Angella's bio including elements from the mini-comic and the Filmation cartoon). I sometimes find them more coherent than the official ones. I hope Mattel reads them too

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    had some questions about the bios. any one is free to help out. i'm just trying to understand them better.
    thought it would be fun too.

-who was in the first battle ground? was he-ro, greyskull, hek-tor kur, hsss & his army?
    -he-ro's death before or after first battle ground?
    -hek-tor kur's first death before or after first bg?
    -who killed hek-tor kur?
    -did the ancients create eternia & that universe?
    -was he-ro, kelclar & hek-tor from eternia originally in these bios?
    -nordor & hek-tor are not related in these bios?
    -grayskull only fought hordak once?
    -the all fathers daughter was he-ros mother?
    -he-ro understood how to defeat hsss? Or the green goddess?
    -who did he-ro actually battle?
    -in vikors bio his nemesis was nasgul. was nasgul a snake man?
    -was hsss still around during vikors time?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Is that her actual name, or did you make it up? Cause I so totally want this figure in toy.
    Does Galactus fart?

Hey Gbagok, would you ever draw the 2nd Lizard Man? http://he-man.org/encyclopedia/viewo...1&objectid=255 here's a link, with a pic. :3
    Does Galactus fart?

Lewd-Squirrel, Zenia was in Filmation as Evil-Lyn's disguise in Curse of the Spell Stone. Her name wasn't spoken, but according to the Unofficial Guide and DVD commentaries by Busta Toons, the script called her Zenia. Yes, I'll be drawing the second Lizard Man, stay tuned!

Kylun Flac, I can only speak for my canon and nothing official obviously, but here's how I'd answer:
    -who was in the first battle ground? was he-ro, greyskull, hek-tor kur, hsss & his army?
    I don’t think I’ve used the First Battle Ground in the bios unless I made a mistake somewhere. Mostly I’ve referred to the Great Wars, for which the First Battleground might be another name--unless FBG must include the Eternian Towers in which case that would be when He-Ro fought Hek Tor Kur with the help of the wizards (see Kur's bio). TGWs on the other hand were ongoing conflicts between the Ancients and Nordor in pre-history that ended with the cataclysm that destroyed Infinitia and created Eternia during Nordor’s defeat.

-he-ro's death before or after first battle ground?
    After. If the FBG is the Great Wars, then He-Ro was born near the end and was orphaned in their conclusion. If it was his fight with Kur, he lived for a while after that.

-hek-tor kur's first death before or after first bg?
    If the FBG is the Great Wars, then Hek-Tor Kur died after. Otherwise he died during.

-who killed hek-tor kur?
    I need to elaborate better on this in a rewrite. It was He-Ro channeling the combined powers of Eldor, Noah (different from Keclar, who was already dead, but that's because I'd confused the two characters), and the rest of their order of wizards. Defeating Kur is He-Ro’s biggest accomplishment prior to being at odds with King Hiss.

-did the ancients create eternia & that universe?
    This comes from MVC’s plans: The Overlords of the Timeless Dimension created Eternia and its universe with the Star Seed. They are basically the God of the He-verse. They created the Ancients to be stewards of their creation and keepers of the Star Seed. The Ancients are also more god-like than mortals however, so they created helpers in the wizards of Preternia (or first elders) who include Keclar and his first council.

So the hierarchy is:
    1. Overlords
    2. Ancients
    3. First Elders (the UK comics version of the elders basically)*
    4. Council of Wisdom*
    5. Second Council of Elders (King Grayskull’s warriors)

*Eldor was part group 3 and one of the founders of group 4.

-was he-ro, kelclar & hek-tor from eternia originally in these bios?
    He-Ro was born on Eternia (or Preternia, which I tend to view as a modern Eternian name for the era like World War 1 is to us now rather than a name used at the time). He's the son of an Ancient and an Eternian. Keclar and Hek-Tor are not specifically from Eternia, but they were empowered and basically made to protect it.

-nordor & hek-tor are not related in these bios?
    They’re not brothers. They are more like Palpatine and Anakin.

-grayskull only fought hordak once?
    As Grayskull and Hordak, they only faced off once. As He-Ro and Hek-Tor Kur, they’d fought before.

-the all fathers daughter was he-ros mother?
    Yes.

-he-ro understood how to defeat hsss? Or the green goddess?

He-Ro fought with King Hiss, but was not at odds with the Goddess. He defeated him numerous times, but didn’t kill him. In the end it was Keldor’s betrayal that caused He-Ro’s near-death that resulted in King Grayskull’s creation.

-who did he-ro actually battle?
    Like He-Man, he fought many characters, including Hiss, Hordak (still as Hek Tor Kur) and many of Hordak’s minions. Hordak was biding his time when between his defeat as Hek-Tor Kur and the casting of the Spell of Separation. It was not long after that when Keldor betrayed He-Ro and Eldor disappeared in the Dark Hemisphere.

-in vikors bio his nemesis was nasgul. was nasgul a snake man?
    No. Nazgul was a wizard in the Filmation She-Ra episode, Darksmoke and Fire. He employed Snake Men who’d escaped the fate of the others.

-was hsss still around during vikors time?
    Zodak and the Elders put Hiss in the Void shortly after King Grayskull’s fall, but there were some Snake Men around in Vikor’s time as Kobra Khan’s existence implies.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Awesome stuff! Can't wait to read the next bios....

Gbagok do you plan to include the Rock People in the bios at some point? I d' love to see how you tackle these characters. This would be great as they are probably the most neglected faction from the official MOTUC line and bios so far....

I have to commend u Gbagok for taking the time to answer as many of our questions as u can. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say Thank You!!!
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Thank you for answering all of those questions. i hope you dont mind i still have more questions. hope its not a bother. for me this is quite fun. trying to picture the big played out story & what order i will place the bios in. i feel i got it down but still feel confused on the order & when things took place.

i'm real psyched when you will be getting to characters that explane eternian history or the time before he-man & the masters.

most excited about seeing: king tamusk, dekker, rohad, eldor, fisto, council gar woman, morgoth, jitsu, king miro, melaktha, ninjor, prahvus, king pythor, rio blast, spikor, veena, zodak, gar pilot, hunga the harpy, hoove, jarvis, hexon, nasgul.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Lewd-Squirrel, Zenia was in Filmation as Evil-Lyn's disguise in Curse of the Spell Stone. Her name wasn't spoken, but according to the Unofficial Guide and DVD commentaries by Busta Toons, the script called her Zenia. Yes, I'll be drawing the second Lizard Man, stay tuned!
    Yay, thanks. Oh, & I knew that Evil-Lyn posed as her, along with the badguy in Ileena's episode, I just never knew her name, until now. She's one of the characters that I've been wanting to see in toy for 25+ years.
    Does Galactus fart?

So what? Soon the new characters?

i'm going to go ahead & ask some more questions. anyone is welcome to answer.
    these are are just for this canon not the official bios.

-at what time on eternia was lodars body destroyed by zodac? did zodac survive this battle?

-when did sen-tor (zeelahr) & kar-tor (zodak) become cosmic enforcers? are their roles as cosmic enforcers different than zodacs?

-shortly after the death of grayskull king hsss rose up against the free people & the elders. that is when zeelahr was betrayed & eaten by hsss. afterward the council & zodak sealed king hssss into the void. (before vikors time as he-man)

-did vikor fight with zodak & the elders?

-will there be a bio for fighting foe men?

-at what time did the rise of anwat gar happen? who were the key payers?

-were you going to do bios of time-line/planets like infinitia, preteria, etheria, primus? just asking.

-when did shokoti rise to power & fall? between the fall of grayskull & rise of anwat gar? when did lord masque come into picture? after shokoti was destroyed by zodak?

-what time would icer be in? who is ozen-ral? who did he fight/conflict other than ozan-ral & the dragons?

-in wun-dars bio were you planning a bio for the sorcerer from the future? not keldor/skeletor someone else?

-was scareglow during wun-dars time?

i will stop there with the questions. my other question i will save for another time. they would be about the unrest & keldors travels.
    i thank you again for giving your time to answering all those questions. your bios & art are a real treasure. always look forward to them. so well done. keep them coming in the future.

i was thinking for some time that a horde wraith bio would help tie up some of what happened with hek-tor kur & the forces of good. plus a horde wraith would be sweet.
    well happy holiday.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm glad everyone likes the new ones! Let's go for a triple!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...eelasa_bio.jpg
    I loved this design and Bio soooo much It inspired me to make a "classized" version of her! I posted the rest of her pics in custom section as to not take too much space up in this awesome thread. My favorite part is how you redeemed the Sorceress from death while empowering Teela even more! Love it!

great custom! i've wanted to do the same thing.
    but i cant bare to sacrifice parts from my other figures.
    i still got my fingers crossed for a teela 2.0 with myp inspired hair.

Awesome custom indeed, looks much better with long hair.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Just had a awesome thought. I, myself, doubt it's even possible with Gbagok's other commitments but I'll share my thought anyway. I was thinking how awesome it would be to have G post a bio a day leading up to Christmas!!! Impossible, but a nice thought.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Just had a awesome thought. I, myself, doubt it's even possible with Gbagok's other commitments but I'll share my thought anyway. I was thinking how awesome it would be to have G post a bio a day leading up to Christmas!!! Impossible, but a nice thought.
    that would be a sweet x-mas gift! but, i feel bad. what can we the fans do for G? could we help some way?

I agree - while a 'Gbagok Bio Advent Calender' would be the coolest thing ever, let's not put any more pressure on him and be grateful for the talent that he has and the fact that he chooses to share it with us.
    One day Skeletor will finally conquer Grayskull...
    ...And pigs might fly!

Widget
    I know I'm way late to the game here, but I just have to pipe in and say this run of bios are simply fantastic. I can certainly appreciate the sheer amount of time and work that goes into each of these, not to mention this amazing cache of illustrations here as a whole.

It seems like nearly everyone posting here is giving gbagok some proper respect for his art. I think at times people can be less "nitpicky" about the choices being made or if an arm or finger is a bit "off". If you're gonna mention it, atleast do so in a polite way. From what I can see these are being done for a love of the property and without much in return besides that.

Honestly this is an impressive body of work, that I can't wait to see continue. Great job!

i see finally someone has asked the question about the recruitment order keldor allied his evil warriors. this was one of the questions i've been itching to figure out for some time. this is what i was going to ask next with the order of keldors travels before he formed his army & the order that keldor recruited his warriors.
    i'm going of what i have seen from the 200x myp cartoons, mvc comics icons of evil & your bios. this is was i've gathered. order:
    beast-man, kronis & other intergalactic warriors, necrom scientist, more mercenaries, tri-klops, evil-lyn, goat man, mer-man & whiplash was the last before keldor became skeletor.
    i'm still curious about spikor. if he served keldor for a sort time & was recruited again by skeletor. or if he served as a mercenary in pravhus army then was recruited into skeletors ranks. or was simply joined skeletor. i'm hoping for an interesting past from his bio even is the official bio is lame.

Had a day off today, so I decided to re-watch the 1987 MOTU movie - y'know, just for fun - and I thought, I'd love to see Gbagok's take, not just on the other movie characters, (Karg and Kevin Corrigan have been awesome!) but on the movie versions of traditional characters.

I think a Gbagok movie-Skeletor would be awesome.
    One day Skeletor will finally conquer Grayskull...
    ...And pigs might fly!

We're waiting with baited breath, to see whom you show us next. :3 Will it be Pigboy? Saurod? Blade? Slime Pig? Kowl? Arrow? Loo Kee? the female Loo Kee? the female Kowl {Kowla, I think her name was} Filmation Clawful? Filmation Tung Lashor? Panthor? 2nd Lizard Man? etc.
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; December 12, 2011 at 01:09pm.
    Does Galactus fart?

For some reason, I think Gbagok is gone surprise us with something big!!! Call it a hunch. Maybe something like BOE part 2 with bios for new characters or like a load of bios all @ one time!!! Nice to dream @ least LOL!!!
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; December 12, 2011 at 12:52pm.

Your art is so awsome I can not wait to see what is on your next post