Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Do people want Rio that badly? You might riot anyway when you see who/what I might connect him to.
    Rio hardly has any story now so just to get something is better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Rio hardly has any story now so just to get something is better than nothing
    I don't know, the Style Guide gave us on overview of his backstory which was fleshed out in the UK comic.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I don't know, the Style Guide gave us on overview of his backstory which was fleshed out in the UK comic.
    I haven't read any UK Comics so I am unfamiliar with the story. Care to share.....?

There was a Rio-Blast bio I found a few years ago I it had something to do with the comic books. I'm not really sure where I found it. It may have been from UK comic series by London Editions.

Rio Blast. He was originally a member of the Starband, on a world called Loredos. Many of the people on Loredos came to great wealth when a type of mineral called Feridium was discovered- but this soon led to chaos as many criminals came after the Feridium- and they were sent by Horde Prime! Rio at that time was a young farm hand, whose family's home was destroyed when they could not pay their taxes to the Red Indian criminals. Rio began to train to be a warrior, and became a lawman who saved many people from the Red Indians with his amazing gun skills. Horde Prime decided that Rio must be destroyed, and enacted a cunning plan. Rio was called to assist a villager whose son had been playing in a mine but had never come out. Rio went in there to find the man's son- but the man was in fact one of the criminals, and together with some Indians, shot at the mine shaft, which collapsed on Rio. But the man instantly regretted helping the criminals, and helped some men dig Rio out. Rio was badly hurt, so a scientist turned him into a cyber-defence machine with built-in lasers, to save his life. Rio defeated many of the criminals with his new body lasers, then one day was sent out to help an astro-jail above Loredos. But Horde Prime, who realized he had lost control of Loredos, was so angry that he used his Magna-ray to direct a meteor at the planet, blowing it up! But Rio was not on Loredos, so he survived, and a fragment from the exploding planet knocked him to Eternia, where he joined the heroic warriors to help pay back Horde Prime. He-man told Rio Blast about their troubles with the Horde and offered him a place among the Heroic Warriors.
    Last edited by Clawful94; February 20, 2012 at 12:51pm.

Hmmm sounds suspiciously Bravestarr-esque to me buuuuuuuut good to know thanks
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

WOW, gbagok! You've been extremely busy since the last time I was around here!

Exceptional work, both design-wise and story wise !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawful94 View Post
    There was a Rio-Blast bio I found a few years ago I it had something to do with the comic books. I'm not really sure where I found it. It may have been from UK comic series by London Editions.

Rio Blast. He was originally a member of the Starband, on a world called Loredos. Many of the people on Loredos came to great wealth when a type of mineral called Feridium was discovered- but this soon led to chaos as many criminals came after the Feridium- and they were sent by Horde Prime! Rio at that time was a young farm hand, whose family's home was destroyed when they could not pay their taxes to the Red Indian criminals. Rio began to train to be a warrior, and became a lawman who saved many people from the Red Indians with his amazing gun skills. Horde Prime decided that Rio must be destroyed, and enacted a cunning plan. Rio was called to assist a villager whose son had been playing in a mine but had never come out. Rio went in there to find the man's son- but the man was in fact one of the criminals, and together with some Indians, shot at the mine shaft, which collapsed on Rio. But the man instantly regretted helping the criminals, and helped some men dig Rio out. Rio was badly hurt, so a scientist turned him into a cyber-defence machine with built-in lasers, to save his life. Rio defeated many of the criminals with his new body lasers, then one day was sent out to help an astro-jail above Loredos. But Horde Prime, who realized he had lost control of Loredos, was so angry that he used his Magna-ray to direct a meteor at the planet, blowing it up! But Rio was not on Loredos, so he survived, and a fragment from the exploding planet knocked him to Eternia, where he joined the heroic warriors to help pay back Horde Prime. He-man told Rio Blast about their troubles with the Horde and offered him a place among the Heroic Warriors.
    "Red Indian criminals".. Wow sounds a bit racist to me!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    glad you could share this Clawful94
    I was wanting to know about the UK comic.
    My reaction is I dont like it. To American cow-boy & the Red Indians. Booo
    Very flimsy back story about him coming to Eternia & him getting laser parts.
    Why would Horde Prime fix in with this?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Yeah thats the UK Comic origin that Clawful94 posted, which like I say, is in fact a fleshed out version of the Mattel Style Guide origin.
    You can read the full issues here:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=949
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=912
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

thank you for those links 13977.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Do people want Rio that badly? You might riot anyway when you see who/what I might connect him to.
    Just as long as he's not connected to Earth, I'm fine with it.

In my MOTU canon, Rio is a part of Duncan's family anyway. So what you have planned can't be any more radical than that.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Quote Originally Posted by NagAAsi View Post
    "Red Indian criminals".. Wow sounds a bit racist to me!!
    Indeed it does, but it wouldn't be the first time for MOTU.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I'm jonesin' for some new pics.
    Does Galactus fart?

So am I LOL I love these bios!!!
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

No Rio, We Riot

In Fistos bio in the first sentance it reads "Randors first man at arms, Malcom served under King Miro during the Great Unrest, but was wounded in......"
    My question is how could he have been Randors man at arms when he was serving Miro. Shortly after was stricken with amnesia & left everything behind?
    I might be miss reading how it was written.
    So how does this work? Fisto served Miro & was Randors first man at arms. so at this time Randor was serving under Miro?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    In Fistos bio in the first sentance it reads "Randors first man at arms, Malcom served under King Miro during the Great Unrest, but was wounded in......"
    My question is how could he have been Randors man at arms when he was serving Miro. Shortly after was stricken with amnesia & left everything behind?
    So how does this work? Fisto served Miro & was Randors first man at arms. so at this time Randor was serving under Miro?
    U misread the sentence. The bio starts off: The older adoptive brother of Duncan, Randor's first Man-At-Arms.....all that did was describe who Duncan was.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    U misread the sentence. The bio starts off: The older adoptive brother of Duncan, Randor's first Man-At-Arms.....all that did was describe who Duncan was.
    Alleyezon4 is correct, "Randor's first Man-At-Arms" refers to Duncan. Randor did serve under Miro BTW when Randor was only a prince in Dyperia. The Elders named him King of Eternia and he founded the new capital city of Eternos (in these unofficial bios). Miro remained King of Dyperia and passed his crown to Randor's brother Stefan. The title of Man-At-Arms had previously answered to the Elders in the Hall of Wisdom, but when they passed their authority to Randor the MAA also became Randor's vassal.

Hey gbagok,

I have been fascinated by your character bios thread for a long time now.

But I am a bit disappointed that "Book of Evil 2" has not been posted yet... I know that the whole story is an awful lot of work, but couldn't you and your fellow artists post the continuation of BOE 1 just bit by bit in several installments?

If you need a financial incentive I would be glad to send (let us say) 100 $ to you for your great work and dedication. Maybe others would be willing to "sponsor" you as well.

Don't get me wrong, please. I do not want to sound demanding. I have just got tired of waiting as I expected the first part of BOE 2 to have been posted months ago.

Keep up your great work!

Your fan

mm

Quote Originally Posted by monstarmaster View Post
    Hey gbagok,

I have been fascinated by your character bios thread for a long time now.

But I am a bit disappointed that "Book of Evil 2" has not been posted yet... I know that the whole story is an awful lot of work, but couldn't you and your fellow artists post the continuation of BOE 1 just bit by bit in several installments?

If you need a financial incentive I would be glad to send (let us say) 100 $ to you for your great work and dedication. Maybe others would be willing to "sponsor" you as well.

Don't get me wrong, please. I do not want to sound demanding. I have just got tired of waiting as I expected the first part of BOE 2 to have been posted months ago.

Keep up your great work!

Your fan

mm
    No money can change hands! Thank you for that kind of interest though, I really want to make up for this long wait!

It's all my fault that it hasn't been posted. I've gotten distracted many times, Iceman is a saint to put up with my dithering back and forth. Currently I am trying to work out how to reconcile much of the story with what we know of Snake Man-At-Arms. I may post modifications to Return to Anwat Gar and Slave City to accommodate this. It would impact BoE part 2 a little as I had originally planned for King Hiss to be out of commission during these events, while episode 40 puts him back in play (and episode 40 would have to come before BoE). Even if I retain the need for the Secret Liquid of Life to further heal him in our Slave City story, he'd be fully restored during the BoE events and that requires some adjustment. It's fortunate MAA has been out of the action so much though, the changes required would be minor than if he'd been a major participant.

Thx for the quick reply, gbagok...

I will continue waiting then...

mm

The way MYP was done per episode it would not be that difficult to squeeze in other stories or other episodes for that matter. Look at the MVC & Image comics what were done between the episode were Evil Lyn attempted to open Dispondos & was poisoned. Although it did get a little confusing, but it helped put things together more clearly. Like how King Hisss got the artifact that controls Serpos or how He-Man acquired the ability to open his power sword with the help from the Faceless One. The Shakkron Cystal was another good example of a between episodes story.
    I saw your Anwat Gar, Slave City & Book of Evil part I in the same way.
    I prefer your explanation of King Hiss's revival with the Elixir of Life than what MYP had planned.

This brings up another question. I ask these a lot I know.
    I've been trying to figure out what time line Lodar battled Zodac on Eternia?
    Also according to your Slave City story this is when Zeelar & Zodak became Enforcers. Shortly after Zodac died?
    But in your bios Zodac, Zeelar & Zodak were on the council.
    Some of these event still take place?

gbagok was wondering how do you go with two-bads bio. do you go with a single two-bad bio explaining his life before and after tuvar and baddhra were fused together, or go with 2 singles for each of the two bounty hunters and another for two-bad when there fused, personally a single two-bad bio is enough,but your the boss.

gbagok, have you given any thought to drawing duke dreer? he is one of the (many) characters i would love to see a redesign of. i think of him as a gremlin like creature and the etherian equivelant of karg.