Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    My English degrees is hunched in the corner whimpering. Thanks for the proofread, I've integrated most of your corrections.
    Cool. I love your art and bios. You are a phenomenal artist. I thought you were offended or something at the proofread, so I stopped. I'll check proof all the rest. I would love to print all these out and laminate them.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Thank you for mentioning Chakra!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    If anyone sees a non-cartoon appearance of Fangman or Lizard Man, I'd love to use that too!
    Well, here are the only ones I know of:

I can't find an artist credit anywhere on it, but the images are from the center spread of the 1983 Panini sticker album. I don't love the one of Fang Man, but what can you do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gbagok, I've noticed that u have drawn 2 different versions of She-Ra. There's this one u have in these unofficial bios (which are excellent by the way), and this other She-Ra shown here. Is there a reason for that and why u've chosen one over the other?! I prefer the second picture of She-Ra. Just my opinion. Also will Prince Adam get a bio?! Will Cringer/Battle Cat and Spirit/Swift Wind get bios as well?!
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; September 5, 2010 at 06:30pm.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

The two are cool

Heroic Warrior
    Beautiful work here. There are a few spelling errors to take note of, but these are lovely. The equal representation of POP characters is very nice to see as well.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4
    Gbagok, I've noticed that u have drawn 2 different versions of She-Ra. There's this one u have in these unofficial bios (which are excellent by the way), and this other She-Ra shown here. Is there a reason for that and why u've chosen one over the other?! I prefer the second picture of She-Ra. Just my opinion. Also will Prince Adam get a bio?! Will Cringer/Battle Cat and Spirit/Swift Wind get bios as well?!
    gbagok believes the style of Disnep *evil lightning strike* works better for She-Ra and PoP. I prefer the second pic myself.

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Beautiful, beautiful Goddess...
    Brother, i wasn't aware of these bios! They are AWESOME! those concepts, the re-designs...Wish I had seen the masque one before I released mine. WICKED cool work!

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMenPriest View Post
    gbagok believes the style of Disnep *evil lightning strike* works better for She-Ra and PoP. I prefer the second pic myself.
    --Asp'r
    Weeeell...that image wasn't influenced by Disney actually. She has a more old school Mattel look with the smile and make-up, but I looked at Filmation's features rather than Disney. The other is the same drawing, but rougher line work and a tough expression instead of the soft one. The boots are just a reflection of the then-all-we-had 200X exclusive which reused Teela's boots. If you look at 4 Horsemen sketches though, they intended her to have her own boots--the ones in the bio pic. I've come to realize She-Ra's appearance will always be controversial, so it's not like this is the only way I'll ever present her. People prefer her in conflicting ways. If I go with an in-canon explanation, she wears the furry boots when she comes to Eternia to fight the Horde after He-Man vanished to NA.

For me this She-ra's version designed by Gbagok is perfect, beautiful.
    Gbagok did a great work with her and with all characters

I have to say I love both of Gbagok's She-Ra's, though my preference is always for the non 'barbarian' boots.

The pink eye-shadow however should be vanquished to the 80's from whence it came (no doubt summoned by the Evil Skeletor to undermine the forces of good)
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I can't find an artist credit anywhere on it, but the images are from the center spread of the 1983 Panini sticker album. I don't love the one of Fang Man, but what can you do?
    Thanks for those images, j-bird! They look so....carebear villain-esque? It's funny how some media really aimed young. I'm surprised to see Fangman at all outside of Filmation. I probably should have used the DVD art card image.
    Update
    wave 13

Old versions
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...hordak_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...etsudo_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../teela_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../damon_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...torgul_bio.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...onfury_bio.jpg
    Last edited by gbagok; July 7, 2013 at 08:21pm.

great job as usual. i love damon and his backstory. u have the real names of the last 3 all being the same. i assume its a mistake. I wish we could get a damon and crimson fury figure in motuc
    Last edited by nightboy1984; September 9, 2010 at 11:31am.

Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    great job as usual. i love damon and his backstory. u have the real names of the last 3 all being the same. i assume its a mistake. I wish we could get a damon and crimson fury figure in motuc
    Gah, those real names kill me! I fixed it, thanks for the catch!

Didn't Toyguru say in one of the Q and A's that the comic feature Damon and Ceril was theirs to use? Maybe that was a misunderstanding on my part. Crimson Fury though is one of many many off-limits PoP characters that I wish we could have.

yeah i had never heard of the crimson fury til recently but he has grown on me. i see him being in the same catagory as bow and sea hawk. they are all sort of potential male interests in the she-ra series with different themes from each other. they remind me of how teela is to he-man and also how you made andra a love interest character as well

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I am really down with this thread.

great work on the art.

Loves these bios!!! And now that I see Teela's bio, I see what u mean about She-Ra's boots. I like the look. Was just wondering why that was. Thought the jewels in her boots should be red too like the others in her outfit instead of pink. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; September 9, 2010 at 11:27pm.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

i would love to see count sneer (and duke dreer who's name he reminds me of) as a matter of fact i always love seeing any and all of your character designs. the more obscure characters seem to realy be brought to life in you art

HOLY SMOKES!! I'm always so impressed with these lineups, Teela, Shezar, Trap Jaw, Hawk & Wun-Dar are my favorites from this batch, but they are all amazing!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 8.31.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    HOLY SMOKES!! I'm always so impressed with these lineups, Teela, Shezar, Trap Jaw, Hawk & Wun-Dar are my favorites from this batch, but they are all amazing!!
    Who is Shezar and what media is she from?

Shezar appeared in the Brazilian MOTU comics that Macbee found and Darkspecter has been translating for us. The comic is on the org here:http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=3641

The thread with the information on this and other Brazilian comics is here: http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...84#post2535384
    Last edited by gbagok; September 18, 2010 at 12:49am.

These bios are so damn good!!! Loves Wun-Dar's look. Hell they all look good. Question. How do u know what bios to put out?! Do u go by who u've already shown or haven't shown in ur stories?! And where's Adam(his bio I mean)?! LOL.....in my King Randor voice
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; September 18, 2010 at 05:36pm.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    wonderful job, gbagok, really!
    it's always a pleasure to see your works.
    i love your art (but, hey, who doesn't?) and your storytelling too: i mean, it wasn't easy at all to give ferros a threatening appearance and an interesting background!!

btw, i would have loved if motuc bios were like these: a brand new unitary look, a "blast from past" artwork, a good narration (respectful of previous sources)...and, above all, showing sharella as herself!!!

Another great set of bios. One error, in Trap-Jaw's profile, you've typed 'holster' and it should be 'bolster'.

Everything looks fantastic! I look forward to more!