Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Extendar is awesome & love the Sorceress vintage coloring on the 200x version.

AWESOME!!!

Extendar and Optikk are amazing! Easily my favs to date!
    "A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

My DeviantART

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    AWESOME!!!

Welcome back, Sllohcin!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Welcome back, Sllohcin!
    Whoa! Sllohcin is back! Welcome home brother!
    The former Glass Shrimp also known as See-Shell

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I always look forward to your versions of characters that never got official 200X style redesigns, Gbagok. You never disappoint!

I wish I had your knack for brevity. My bios always end up overly long and sprawling character histories, at worst detailing everything from the moment of birth.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    AWESOME!!!

HEY!!!! Long time no see!!

And to echo, I cannot get enough of these bios!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Wow, can't believe I haven't looked at these before, they're brilliant!

It's also great after all this time to find out about more characters. The Brazillian Comics women are cool!

Mattel needs to get rights to everything!!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    DUDE YOU ROCK
    Keep em coming

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I love the Sorceress bio and how you combine the 200X with the vintage colors, but your Extendar is the top winner this month. I love the design and the bio is solid. Great work there.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

awesome,awesome, awesome, cant wait to see Rackney, Jewelstar, Morgoth, Vultak, Enchantress, Darkdream and Dymulug
    Last edited by facet; November 19, 2010 at 05:41pm.

Love them! This is great.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

would love to see tri klops preferably with his yellow eye but any version of trike works for me!
    Last edited by skeletor98; November 14, 2010 at 03:43am.
    SKELETOR OWNS HORDAK!! i have had an extremely good purchase of two motuc with shecky or as is on his profile "the man called v" a great guy so if you see an item of his you like do not hesitate to buy! Domino is selling an extremely impressive collection motuc in the marketplace. Great figures, great prices! get them while you can!

Good things seem to abound here. Extendar is great!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I love the Sorceress bio and how you combine the 200X with the vintage colors, but your Extendar is the top winner this month. I love the design and the bio is solid. Great work there.
    You do know there was a Staction with those colours released right?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Excellent bios! I specially love the art on Extendar, his best redesign I've seen so far. Is interesting the story on Queen Zal, the brazilians had good imagination. Also the Star Sisters are very nicely drawn.

Last edited by gbagok; July 7, 2013 at 08:27pm.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuude that was amazing! you're the best man.
    Slush Head's bio rocks big time.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

WOW!!! that's all I can say.....
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

great work as always. i just noticed that the filmation picture you used on hawk's bio is a picture of the filmation delora

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    These are significantly better than the Matty bios IMO. Overall, the way you are weaving the character and story material just feels more organic and engaging. I like that you're including some of the planned MVC comic material in these (I suspect some of the Slush Head material comes from there based on something I read awhile back about "He-Man maybe fighting on the wrong side for the first time." Am I right or is that all new storyline material you developed? Either way, it's very cool.) You're also picking good stuff from assorted comics, Filmation, MYP, etc. and weaving in original material of your own which is great!

It goes without saying that the artwork is fantastic. I really like that your Adam resembles a stylized cross between vintage and 200X. And I love that his bio is a more fleshed-out version of the classic cartoon intro! Brilliant!

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Penny~
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 22, 2010 at 08:54pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    I wish I had your knack for brevity. My bios always end up overly long and sprawling character histories, at worst detailing everything from the moment of birth.
    Thank you! I have to cut out a lot sometimes, or keep rephrasing things until they fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Have you ever done redesigns of Dragstor or Modulok?...I might have asked you that before, sorry if I did.
    Many years ago, but I aim to draw new ones.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/dragstor.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...de/modulok.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by nightboy1984 View Post
    great work as always. i just noticed that the filmation picture you used on hawk's bio is a picture of the filmation delora
    Ack, good eye! They were virtually the same design apart from the hair, but that does look like Delora's hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    These are significantly better than the Matty bios IMO. Overall, the way you are weaving the character and story material just feels more organic and engaging. I like that you're including some of the planned MVC comic material in these (I suspect some of the Slush Head material comes from there based on something I read awhile back about "He-Man maybe fighting on the wrong side for the first time." Am I right or is that all new storyline material you developed? Either way, it's very cool.) You're also picking good stuff from assorted comics, Filmation, MYP, etc. and weaving in original material of your own which is great!

It goes without saying that the artwork is fantastic. I really like that your Adam resembles a stylized cross between vintage and 200X. And I love that his bio is a more fleshed-out version of the classic cartoon intro! Brilliant!

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Penny~
    Thank you, Penny! You have a very good memory, that is the same description that I remember reading about He-Man possibly being on the wrong side in MVC's plans and so I worked out Slush Head's bio to fit that approach. I think the original show leaves some room for this too, as the Mutants aren't exactly evil compared to Skeletor, and the Galactic Council, at least in the episodes I've revisited, seem very self righteous and ineffective to me. Also I think Jack Olesker himself said he had planned on Slush Head not being all bad, and I wanted to keep that too!

I like Adam's look. The cross between the Filmation series and the 200x series is perfect. Also like how he has some elements of the 200x King Randor and Man-At-Arms. All the new bios are great but Adam's stood out because of his look.

Also will Zodak (Zeelahr's brother) receive a bio? And how about Cringer/Battle Cat, Panthor, and Spirit/Swift Wind? Would love to see bios on them. Again, excellent as always!!!
    Last edited by Alleyezon4; November 22, 2010 at 11:33pm.
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Most Awesome Adam EVER! Love the armored look - and that he's older than MYP Adam.

A small corner of Hordeworld called Oddville
    I love the Calix bio, all are great.

Once again you've done what Mattel's crack team of experts couldn't even think of in their wildest fever dreams.

Slush Head is incredible. Calix and Snake Face look great. Its wonderful how you pull from so many MOTU sources to create rich bios for characters who were never given the chance to shine.

I had Slush Head as a kid, and I liked him. Now I want him again, only updated and more awesome.