Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2280

Thread: Gbagok's Unofficial Character Bios

Gbagok it's time to put new characters

I'm sorry but I'm *extremely* busy right now, working on some major projects that will continue to prevent me from posting anything new. I won't have free time for fan art until after April. Very sorry to disappoint, but I hope the results will be worth it!
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Take your time. Your talents are worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm a huge MOTU fan and am learning more and more about the MOTU franchise the more I come to this site.

Absolutely you did well to warn us dear friend Gbagok

Thanks for the update Gbagok. We patiently look forward.
    "A true hero fights for justice and loves kindness." - He-Man, Buzz-Off's Pride, 2002.

I am so happy I found this thread. I have spent all night in here. Gbagok, you are a talented fan and I (as well as many who have posted before me) truly appreciate everything you have posted. I look forward to your future posts, and I am loving your past posts. I wish some of the links and posts weren't broken, but I understand that it happens over time.

April is just around the corner

Gbagok have been waiting to see your new and beautiful characters, greetings.

I love to revisit this thread from time to time. Hope the next wave has some cosmic and/or mystic enforcers

Take your time, the best of always takes time.

Its after April Gbabok, lets see some good stuff, Queen Tyrantula!

I love how you present the characters with the bios. The bios are such a crucial part of MOTU. When I first went to Power-Con, I admit that I mainly remembered He-Man from the toys and mini-comics back in the day, so I was a bit lost with all the talk of Oolar and Gygor and just the vast history and mythos. I bought the Dark Horse collection of the mini-comics, thinking that would fill in the gaps, but the story still just seemed so much bigger than what I knew. At a subsequent Power-Con, I learned that most of this history is just woven through the bios of various figures and various lines. Pretty brilliant approach. I'd still love to see the entire history of He-Man/Eternia/the Sword of He told across a full He-Man series. Until then, I can enjoy the Book of Evil! Thanks so much for giving of your time and talents!

Widget
    Hey, can anyone give be a rundown of the meanings of the backgrounds? Some are fairly obvious (The Horde, the Rebellion, the Heroic Warriors of Castle Grayskull, etc) but others seem to be a bit obscure unless you're a hardcore lore-hound.

Heroic Warrior
    Reading through the thread again I noticed that Vikor's father is metioned. Only that his name here is Volkar and his official name is now Vulkar. Also, the name Sultra for the concept witch is has been canon now for a while.
    Which makes me wonder - gbagok, if you ever get the chance to put Shalda into Classics canon, would she be He-Ro's or Grayskull's mother?

Another thing is that there appears to be a category of characters who were created for official MotU products but never used. You count them as official and indeed Mattel (and now Super7, I guess) can use them as we saw with Illumina. Though with some of them, I'm not sure where they come from. I guess all the council members are from the 200X comics that weren't published/completed? But which ones were already named and which ones did you make names up for?

Seeing the redesigned Iandir makes me wonder what a Classics Iandir would look like. I mean, she would most likely look a lot like her comic appearance as that is the only official design she has. But with that design she doesn't really look like she fits into the "barbarian" era of Vikor ...

Oh, and I think I figured out why some people have problems with the Lizorr redesign. It's the chin. Lizorr never had a chin to speak off which made him look more reptilian.

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    Reading through the thread again I noticed that Vikor's father is metioned. Only that his name here is Volkar and his official name is now Vulkar. Also, the name Sultra for the concept witch is has been canon now for a while.
    Which makes me wonder - gbagok, if you ever get the chance to put Shalda into Classics canon, would she be He-Ro's or Grayskull's mother?

Another thing is that there appears to be a category of characters who were created for official MotU products but never used. You count them as official and indeed Mattel (and now Super7, I guess) can use them as we saw with Illumina. Though with some of them, I'm not sure where they come from. I guess all the council members are from the 200X comics that weren't published/completed? But which ones were already named and which ones did you make names up for?

Seeing the redesigned Iandir makes me wonder what a Classics Iandir would look like. I mean, she would most likely look a lot like her comic appearance as that is the only official design she has. But with that design she doesn't really look like she fits into the "barbarian" era of Vikor ...

Oh, and I think I figured out why some people have problems with the Lizorr redesign. It's the chin. Lizorr never had a chin to speak off which made him look more reptilian.
    The council of elders are all from the 200x cartoon episode “ the power of grayskull” but the names are not official, those Gbagok made himself. In regards to the council of wisdom members, they came from the 200x comics, some of those had names others didn’t, for instance mother tetsudo ( the turtle women) and lord Byron of the house of swan, were official in the sense that Emiliano had names them as he was developing the comics.

Confirmed with Emiliano those two names for the council of wisdom

Gbagok it would be time to reward us with your beautiful characters.

Yes would like to see a lot more Tours, NeoClassics and a few more bios.
    "A true hero fights for justice and loves kindness." - He-Man, Buzz-Off's Pride, 2002.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Gbagok, I just read in a different thread that the name Pyroah is an amalgamation of "pyro" and "pharoah". Problem with that is that "pharoah" is incorrect. It is a very common error and there is even a racehorse named that, because of a typo, but the title of the egyptian kings is "pharaoh".

Different topic: I saw Emilliano write the name of Veena's father as "Bryon" but in the artwork title he is called "Brion". I guess "Bryon" is the later version and therefore correct, but calling him "Brion" would have the benefit that people stop reading his name as "Byron". Hm. Tough call ...

So I'm still busy, but the projects are running behind while I await more updates. In the meantime, I finished a new round of bios.

Just a note, these are still unofficial so while I tried not to contradict anything I know Danielle has in mind about the Crimson Countess, this bio is not what her official bio would reveal.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 10, 2019 at 03:14pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

All very nice, but I especially like Chimera's
    I think it is time to explore the mythos beyond the time of SOH, or maybe I will eat a taco, either way I'm good.

Superb, especially the Wind Raider, bravo!
    Last edited by King Grayskull; June 10, 2019 at 04:24pm.

Thanks Gbagok my friend.

Wind Raider and Flying Fists He-Man are my favorite. And the Filmation characters are a great addition too.

Court Magician
    I didn't know Vertebraid, Vypor and the countess before. Where are those from?

I just have to say, wow!!! These are well worth the wait. I've been waiting for King Stefan. This is totally awesome
    Artilla, Bandwidth, Beast Lord, Big Foot, Bowena, Bubblor, Butthead, Captain Miro (200X), Captain Randor (200X), Caz, Drissi, Garn, General Tateran, Hand-Some, Hawke (200X), Hoove, Illumina, Joya, Kayo, Kittrina, Lizorr, Negator, Nocturna, Red Shadow, Sagitar, Slamurai, Skeleteen, Staghorn, Spinwitt, Sprag, Spritina, Sprocker, Stingrad, Syracu, Willen, Vizar