Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

When we gonna get He-Man and She-Ra cartoons again?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...cs=1&ref=bd_tv

Too cool!!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Awesome but like always no talk of the other three Voltrons. I wanna see them redo Vehicle Voltron or for once a take on Gladiator Voltron.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

good news tally!!!!!!!

I'm very happy voltron is comin back on the small screen..........unfortunately WEP its still doubtful about a live-action........so why be nervous about new he-man & she-ra entertainment??? >>>>> we know there is definately gonna be a great movie in a few years and it will be so succesfull we'll surely have more merchandising and entertainment after that from he-man & friends new toons , new toys , new comics , videogames & more!!! ^^
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Court Magician sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    As long as its nothing like that awful CG Voltron show this is going to be amazing, first ThunderCats and now Voltron....cartoons might actually be cool again for a change.

Sounds interesting. I'll be more interested in seeing the toys than the toon.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Sounds interesting. I'll be more interested in seeing the toys than the toon.
    I agree. While I love the idea of Voltron, it was the most repetitive cartoon ever.

New Robeast attacks - oh no - need Voltron, Voltron uses every attack but Blazing Sword. Voltron starts to get butt kicked, Voltron "forms Blazing Sword", destroys Robeast, bad pun - everyone laughs.

But I want a really well made Lion Voltron toy set.

Maybe the classic stuff will show up on mattycollector. I think the most interesting thing about this article, is the Classic Media / Mattel connection.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Classic Media is the same company doing the She-Ra DVDs right? So Classic Media holds filmation.. and Mattel is working with the company that owns Filmation on Voltron stuff?

Hopefully this will bode well for us He-Fans and She-Ravers.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Classic Media is the same company doing the She-Ra DVDs right? So Classic Media holds filmation.. and Mattel is working with the company that owns Filmation on Voltron stuff?
    That is correct, sir.

Good news. Yet another 80s franchise getting some modern day love and attention.

The clock is ticking Mattel. They need to get a move on. I still would rather see a He-Man movie to be released before a new cartoon. A new animated series would come out with a movie, anway. But a new movie may not come out with a new animated series, unless it was very popular.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I remember reading a few years ago on the Voltron.com forums about WEP working on a new Voltron cartoon (since a bit after the initial movie project with the Justin Marks script, I believe).

Nice to hear that things are really moving forward for the cartoon now -- I hope it does well for WEP. (especially if it lights a fire under under the movie)

I would much rather have a new MOTU cartoon. You'd think the success of the MOTUC line would get them on the ball. I was never really into Voltron. I'm sure this will make Voltron fans happy, though.
    Last edited by Firefly; June 7, 2010 at 05:45pm.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    With Transformers, Thundercats, and now Voltron rolling out new cartoon series in the near future, if we're fortunate it really will spur some serious consideration for a new MOTU cartoon. And considering the good job MYP did last time around, I'd turn to them first (just one man's opinion of course).
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; June 7, 2010 at 09:41pm.

I really like Mattel's Avatar AMP suit so hopefully they go they same way with Voltron. I could handle crappy figures if they make awesome mech.

But personally, I would have prefered if Bandai got this license and Mattel got the Thundercats license

I think Mattel was kind of an odd choice for Voltron products. Hasbro and Bandai have a little more experience with transforming robots. I hope they turn out good.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    I love Voltron and have great memories of it as a child, but man o man is it a horrid story.

Still being space explorers? New characters to hang around the old ones? A cyborg Lotar and good guy Zarkon (back stabbing, but still kinda weak)? A Galaxy Alliance who decides that Voltron should be dismantled in the name of peace? I know that's mostly Voltron 3-d stuff, but where else can this pigeon holed of a series go?

It would be awesome if they simply remade/retold the original Go-Lion story with an updated American sensibility, but obviously still toned down for kids. But I'm guessing they won't and I'm guessing it'll be another show who's entire focus is soley on a robot who has five lion parts and fights "whatever" at the end of each episode with no real direction otherwise Oh well....

Best ever Voltron plot was "Voltron Gets Served" on Robot Chicken.

I was more of a Tranzor Z kid, but this could be cool.

It's weird that Mattel got the rights to Voltron while Bandai got the rights to Thundercats. If I was a betting man, I was have guessed the opposite.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I agree. While I love the idea of Voltron, it was the most repetitive cartoon ever.

New Robeast attacks - oh no - need Voltron, Voltron uses every attack but Blazing Sword. Voltron starts to get butt kicked, Voltron "forms Blazing Sword", destroys Robeast, bad pun - everyone laughs.

But I want a really well made Lion Voltron toy set.
    I agree, I watched the first couple sets and they are all the same. Oh no we are getting attacked, lets try and defeat them separate! We cant so lets form Voltron
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I would much rather have a new MOTU cartoon. You'd think the success of the MOTUC line would get them on the ball. I was never really into Voltron. I'm sure this will make Voltron fans happy, though.
    I'm with you on that 100%!

some of the things other fans are saying out there.

"Matty can mess this property up too. "No we can't make more red lions, kids don't like the color red because it reminds them of blood."

"not to mention Mattel will make the red lion and exclusive and sell out fast or make it so the lions do not show up at stores or vanish fast or can only be bought at matty.com "

what's bad is these guys are probably right.
    Last edited by Rathjen; June 8, 2010 at 10:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well, I for one remember the series fondly and have the series on DVD, so I will be looking forward to this new series and the new toys. I have all the Voltron 3-D toys, but would much prefer updated versions of the old cartoon, much like MOTUC. I had only a few of the old toys but I have the 90s re-release of the Voltron Go-Lion robot...This new series may give me a chance to collect Voltron like I've never collected before!
    Leeloomina´ Lekatariba Lamina-Tcha´ Ekbat De Sebat

i am surprised this line wasnt snapped up by hasbro which has transformers.

honestly, i love the toynami version from a few years ago. they would have to make their voltron fit 3 3/4 figures and still transform with great articulation to impress me
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Does anyone still own any Voltron toys from back then?

Has anyone else seen the new cartoon yet? The first two episodes are on Nickelodeon OnDemand.

I have no idea what to think about this show. The lions and Voltron look pretty cool, but I can't deal with the rest of the animation. It's like a bad 90's cartoon.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"