Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

Hybrid View

Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

When we gonna get He-Man and She-Ra cartoons again?

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...cs=1&ref=bd_tv

Too cool!!
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Awesome but like always no talk of the other three Voltrons. I wanna see them redo Vehicle Voltron or for once a take on Gladiator Voltron.
    Mattel I demand the following:

Spinwit,Spinnerella, The Scientists, Rio Blast, Mara, Crita, Kayo, Mermista,

My Facebook, check it out!

good news tally!!!!!!!

I'm very happy voltron is comin back on the small screen..........unfortunately WEP its still doubtful about a live-action........so why be nervous about new he-man & she-ra entertainment??? >>>>> we know there is definately gonna be a great movie in a few years and it will be so succesfull we'll surely have more merchandising and entertainment after that from he-man & friends new toons , new toys , new comics , videogames & more!!! ^^
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Court Magician sandrockgundam04's Avatar
    As long as its nothing like that awful CG Voltron show this is going to be amazing, first ThunderCats and now Voltron....cartoons might actually be cool again for a change.

Sounds interesting. I'll be more interested in seeing the toys than the toon.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I got my Blazing Sword Voltron today and here are some pics:

Also, here are Voltron's thoughts on the live action movie:

Last edited by Dr Kain; August 13, 2011 at 12:17am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Jekyll. I ordered the Red Lion last week as well. Today Matty transferred the money back to my debit card. Naturally I got worried and called customer service. The kind woman from India told me not to worry and that my order was not cancelled. She mentioned a technical issue that caused a delay. She said when the Red Lion shipped my card would be recharged. My guess is you must be in the same boat as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by OscarGungan View Post
    Hey Jekyll. I ordered the Red Lion last week as well. Today Matty transferred the money back to my debit card. Naturally I got worried and called customer service. The kind woman from India told me not to worry and that my order was not cancelled. She mentioned a technical issue that caused a delay. She said when the Red Lion shipped my card would be recharged. My guess is you must be in the same boat as well.
    Yeah, my money just transferred back to my card as well so that is what it sounds like. Thanks for the info!

I forgot about the red lion going on sale and missed it. Ones on EBay are going for around $75. Gonna pass for now.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by sithjedi171 View Post
    I forgot about the red lion going on sale and missed it. Ones on EBay are going for around $75. Gonna pass for now.
    I think it will be back up on Matty, just keep watching this thread as I am sure we will post here when it comes back up and always look the Monday after Thanksgiving for Matty's Cyber Monday sale where they usually put up leftover return stock at cheaper prices
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    What does anyone make of the lack of announcement for the Blue Lion and Allura for the August sale?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Not happy. Still hope it's a mistake. I guess it'll just move to September...

What does anyone make of the lack of announcement for the Blue Lion and Allura for the August sale?
    I have no idea what you are referring to.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not happy. Still hope it's a mistake. I guess it'll just move to September...
    Yeah, I hope they just left Blue Lion & Allura off the list by mistake. With August being a light month with MOTUC, I was really looking forward to Blue Lion.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I have no idea what you are referring to.
    The Blue Lion from the Voltron sub was supposed to ship in August and be available for purchase for non-subscribers. Mattel posted a list of items that will be available in August for sale and it was not listed.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Blue Lion IS coming in August! TG reponded to my question on Ask Matty:

It is 8/15. Photo was late but update is coming ASAP! Sven also ships to sub holders 8/15.

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Blue Lion IS coming in August! TG reponded to my question on Ask Matty:
    I saw that and am soooo happy it's still coming and not pushed back
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The Blue Lion from the Voltron sub was supposed to ship in August and be available for purchase for non-subscribers. Mattel posted a list of items that will be available in August for sale and it was not listed.
    They did that a few months ago with Yellow Lion. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in Oct too since Mattel does not really care about Voltron.

Is it me or did Mattel assemble Voltrons knee joint backwards. Also, the annoying spring loaded and weak ratchet joints almost ruin this toy. Mine can hold a pose other than straight and stiff as a board. And even then I have to fight to balance him and fight the stupid spring legs that pop open on their own. After MOTUC ends, I will never buy another Mattel item.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Southzen View Post
    After MOTUC ends, I will never buy another Mattel item.
    Good luck with that.

Consider before MOTUC, if it wasnt GIJoe, LEGO, or TMNT; I didn't collect it. I won't have a problem
    Moderately Geeky: The Podcast
    Available on Podbead, iTunes, and Stitcher smart radio.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Consider before MOTUC, if it wasnt GIJoe, LEGO, or TMNT; I didn't collect it. I won't have a problem
    Well then don't expect to collect anything because all the major manufacturers are pretty crappy now with QC and design. I mean you already know that but its hardly a Mattel only issue

Its why things like Hot Toys are becoming so popular
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Meh, I am pretty much done with Joe since everything is now just movie garbage with hasbro took away the figure stands, accessories, and articulation. I am done with Transformers because they shrunk the Deluxe sizes but still raised their prices to $15. In fact, I am down to DCU, MOTUC, and Figuarts, and honestly, Figuarts is the only line that is pleasing me for its cost. The SH line is full of accessories, incredible sculpting, and makes the articulation on Mattel's figures look lackluster. And the One Piece Zero line is sculpted so beautifully that even without any articulation it makes some of Mattel's figures look bad.

I now have VOLTRON!

I have to say, I think he is AMAZING. He can achieve some amazing poses even despite his bulk. I have had no problems getting him to stay up straight at all. He can hold his sword and shield out, move his waist, etc. He has a lot of great articulation! So happy.

Yes, my green lion's legs are annoying. Thankfully, so far this has been the only annoying one so far.

And he is... HUGE...

Also, about the sword holder... I think people are over-thinking it. I had the sword in it in seconds. You don't ever have to take them apart once they are together. The larger one just slides over the top. And then the thinner one just fits over the very bottom of the handle. They just slide off and on.