Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Also, is anyone by now sick of how much they've used Wade?
    I don't mind him except for the fact that they still have not addressed whether or not Voltron Force is still renegade or outlaws?

I mean either Wade went against all the Alliance to hunt Voltron down and is himself now an Enemy of the State so to speak or Wade is still running things.

I really hope they either defeat him once and for all or kill him so we can get to the heart of the show which is the Voltron Force vs Lotor and his Drule army
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'd prefer Lotar, but I am happy that Voltron has a second villain to use in Wade. Wade's voice kinda gets on my nerves though.
    Lotor is actually getting on my nerves a little, can't pinpoint why though. Maybe because he always seemed to have it together, smooth, and almost silky as opposed to almost always losing his mind...but I guess that is what happens when you are brought back from the dead. I don't mind Wade but I agree that Zarkon needs to make an appearance of some sort, even if in a flashback.
    R.I.P.
    Ronald Henry Schwartz
    June 29 1935 - June 23 2005
    I miss you Dad!

I've always been a big Voltron fan ever since I was a kid. Even though I don't need a 23" Voltron toy (already have a vintage & 20yr anniversary one), I caved in and bought a sub. Let's see what my wife says when I put together that monstrous toy! Hahahahaha...!

I really like the new cartoon. The fact that any lion can form the head and each has a "blazing something" is awesome!
    Last edited by okydoky; July 24, 2011 at 11:10pm.
    "I must possess all, or I possess nothing" - Skeletor in Masters of the Universe (1987)

My pictures and albums

Feedback #1
    Feedback #2
    Feedback #3

They showed a brief glimpse of the blue-center lion in the SDCC teaser and it looks like it might be the coolest one yet.

I just posted a new thread over at mattys forums, kindly if you will give it a read and post your thoughts if u care to do so

thanks

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9381006607

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    They showed a brief glimpse of the blue-center lion in the SDCC teaser and it looks like it might be the coolest one yet.
    That looked pretty awesome. And it looked like it came off the heals of Vince getting hurt trying to save the Blue Lion/Allura so it will probably be doubly awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ETERNIA FOREVER View Post
    I just posted a new thread over at mattys forums, kindly if you will give it a read and post your thoughts if u care to do so

thanks

I think it will be interesting to see their response.

They are probably going to think oh lord now the Voltron people are complaining like the MOTU and DC fans

I say good because I honestly don't think Ghostbusters fans complain enough and continue to get a lackluster line imho
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

In all honesty, the white doesn't both me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

the new game looks kind of weak. I liked the ipod game and even the one on cartoon network was fun when my son begged me to try it. Really like the new series even the Swizz Beatz intro, only right with how hip hop artists have kept Voltron on the minds of many listeners always referencing something from the toon in their tunes (lol) and even Sprite used hip hop artists for those Voltron commercials when the general public had pretty much forgot about it.

Last episode was the best with the quick formation and everything. Also good to see MOTU fans showing love for Voltron. I liked the last MOTU series much more though. Anyone remember the Voltron that came out during the Third Dimension series though that all the figures could fit in (except for Hunk and I'm not talking about Stealth Voltron, I'm talking about the regular Voltron) I remember that one being pretty epic and huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Original Man View Post
    the new game looks kind of weak. I liked the ipod game and even the one on cartoon network was fun when my son begged me to try it. Really like the new series even the Swizz Beatz intro, only right with how hip hop artists have kept Voltron on the minds of many listeners always referencing something from the toon in their tunes (lol) and even Sprite used hip hop artists for those Voltron commercials when the general public had pretty much forgot about it.
    Yeah weren't there Voltron Nike sneakers and hip-hopish clothing with Voltron a few years back?

I think the game looks fine for what it is, I mean its $10 and its a downloadable title. I am actually impressed they did not just slap it on disc and charge $30-50 like a lot of other licensed products do.

Maybe if it does well they will put out a full fledged Voltron game with high production values, especially with a movie coming.

Last episode was the best with the quick formation and everything. Also good to see MOTU fans showing love for Voltron. I liked the last MOTU series much more though. Anyone remember the Voltron that came out during the Third Dimension series though that all the figures could fit in (except for Hunk and I'm not talking about Stealth Voltron, I'm talking about the regular Voltron) I remember that one being pretty epic and huge.
    I remember that one, I think Pixel Dan did a review video or at least took pictures of his stuff recently. I liked the toys from the 3rd Dimension but was never really fond of the show.

Animation critiques aside I am having a lot more fun with Voltron Force then Voltron 3rd Dimension. Its probably the first time in a long time I am loving Voltron like I did when I was growing up.

Even more excited when Mattel said at SDCC that Vehicle Voltron could be on the table if Lion Voltron does well. I was expecting them to just say wait and see or outright say no since Vehicle is often the ******* of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Even more excited when Mattel said at SDCC that Vehicle Voltron could be on the table if Lion Voltron does well. I was expecting them to just say wait and see or outright say no since Vehicle is often the ******* of the two.
    I think it's cool when franchises increase the size of their world. MOTU did it with POP & NA. Even though I'm not very familiar with the vehicle Voltron toon, I definitely hope it is included in Nick's Voltron Force. It would be great if next year's SDCC Voltron exclusive is like this year's but with vehicle Voltron instead.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 25, 2011 at 01:49am.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I think it's cool when franchises increase the size of their world. MOTU did it with POP & NA. Even though I'm not very familiar with the vehicle Voltron toon, I definitely hope it is included. It would be great if next years SDCC Voltron exclusive is like this year's but with vehicle Voltron.
    They could just about do it if they combine a pilot and vehicle monthly. There are 15 pieces so two months would need to double up to make it work.

The Vehicle parts are smaller than the Lions so theoretically they could do it and make an even more impressive Robot since Vehicle toy wise was always bigger than Lion.

If they needed to draw in the Lion fans they could make the sub exclusive the ghost of King Alfred.

One thing that dawned on me after watching Rango the other day at a dollar theater is that Voltron Force is pretty tame. Nickelodeon really pushed the envelope imo with Rango and the designs on their upcoming TMNT toon looks to be more violent than past versions(even Mikey has blades). I'm not complaining at all, but when compared to some of Nickelodeon's other recent kids offerings along with how dark the original Voltron was(even in the edited US version), this show seems a lot more kid friendly.

They could just about do it if they combine a pilot and vehicle monthly. There are 15 pieces so two months would need to double up to make it work.
    That would be really cool too, but I meant the smaller Voltron toy that was on sale as SDCC. Are there 15 pilots for that Voltron? If so, how did all of them get screentime on the show?
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 25, 2011 at 01:52am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I guess with the premiere breaking Nicktoon ratings records... and continuing to do well with kids (Episode 7 posted higher numbers than the premiere) it seems to be hitting it's target audience.

Don't get me wrong, there are things I wish they'd kick up a notch here and there, but it does seem to be connecting with kids and that makes me happy.

It doesn't aspire to the level the new Thundercats seems to be going for, but I don't know that it's a bad thing. I don't actually watch a lot of cartoons these days, but there's been something very refreshing about watching Voltron Force for me. It's fairly simple in a lot of ways, but I enjoy the character interaction and the fact the plot is done in 30 minutes (minus the ongoing strands.)

All that being said, based on what was said at the Voltron panel, it seems like things are going to get rough for the VF. They said if you thought you had the show figured out to wait... and that the head writer was an evil man not above scarring kids...

---

On the issue of the white legs on the toys... they've actually grown on me quite a bit. But I wouldn't mind them being changed to silver, and it does seem like there'd be time to do it.
    Last edited by JonWes; July 25, 2011 at 02:11am.

That would be really cool too, but I meant the smaller Voltron toy that was on sale as SDCC. Are there 15 pilots for that Voltron? If so, how did all of them get screentime on the show?
    They were separated into 3 teams (Land, Sea, Air) with 5 members per team. Each team had a different colored uniform.

They managed to get most of the team involved in each episode, I think that is what made it more interesting to me then Lion. The Drule portion was also more interesting because it involved a split Drule empire that did not want war with Voltron but was outnumbered.

Lion often was Drule drama, robeast appears, Voltron forms and wins the day with sprinklings of drama internally. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Vehicle was more about the team, each episode usually began and ended aboard the ship.

I think story wise it was easier to identify with Lion since they had 5 distinct personalities vs Vehicles 15+ (since you had other characters like Commander Hawkins who was their Galaxy Alliance head)

All that being said, based on what was said at the Voltron panel, it seems like things are going to get rough for the VF. They said if you thought you had the show figured out to wait... and that the head writer was an evil man not above scarring kids...
    The guy behind the show spent a long time studying the two old shows and I think it starts to show with the inside jokes (about Keiths hair, Lotors obsession with Allura, and now the return of Sven)

Sven in particular coming back I think is going to transition the series to great, he was such an important part of the original despite getting injured in I think the 6th episode. I am very interested to see how he is written in and from the looks of his character design he is more nomad/recluse then you would think someone who medically retired would be.

Original 80's

Voltron Force
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by markatisu; July 25, 2011 at 02:18am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Voltron Force Sven looks like homeless Namor when he was first reintroduced during the Silver Age.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I wonder what's up with the purple on his neck?

It looks like a tattoo, probably tied into wherever he went

If I remember right it's been at least 5 years since the end of Voltron, at least Pidge implied that last week when talking about the castle upgrades

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    For some reason the new design of Sven reminds me of Robin Colcord from Cheers.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

That looked pretty awesome. And it looked like it came off the heals of Vince getting hurt trying to save the Blue Lion/Allura so it will probably be doubly awesome!

I think it will be interesting to see their response.

They are probably going to think oh lord now the Voltron people are complaining like the MOTU and DC fans

I say good because I honestly don't think Ghostbusters fans complain enough and continue to get a lackluster line imho
    thanks for reading and anyone else who will prefer Silver legs and waist on mattels new huge voltron make sure you go to this link and read my thread an if you are registered with mattys forums, get too replying

thanks

Last edited by ETERNIA FOREVER; July 25, 2011 at 04:34pm.

allura gave him a hickie. she really missed him!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    allura gave him a hickie. she really missed him!
    Keith is going to be ******

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Wasn't Keith not into Allura? Wasn't there some festival episode where there was a re-enactment of some old story where Allura and Hunk were going to run across a bridge to kiss each other? Thing is, Hunk had to beat the other pilots to be the one to run across the bridge, and Keith had no interest and didn't compete with them.

I always thought it could be an interesting storyline if it turned out he was gay, or something. But maybe that's too much for a simple kids show to explore *shrugs*

well i bit the bullet and got me a Voltron sub to go along with my MOTUC and DCUC one, sucks we have to wait a whole year to put him together lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by The.Idea.of.Evil View Post
    Wasn't Keith not into Allura? Wasn't there some festival episode where there was a re-enactment of some old story where Allura and Hunk were going to run across a bridge to kiss each other? Thing is, Hunk had to beat the other pilots to be the one to run across the bridge, and Keith had no interest and didn't compete with them.

I always thought it could be an interesting storyline if it turned out he was gay, or something. But maybe that's too much for a simple kids show to explore *shrugs*
    As far as I remember Keith is totally into Allura but she is his superior officer, and he plays by the military rules so he does not pursue her but instead protects her as best he can.

They really don't do much about it in the original but the 3rd Dimension had an episode where one of Keith's worst fears is Allura would be forced to marry Lotor.

Dang, Vehicle Volron. If that's what they do for the 2013 Voltron sub (if there is one), then I think I'd skip it. I want villains!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    For some reason the new design of Sven reminds me of Robin Colcord from Cheers.
    Over that boy hand! I love Roger Rees.