Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Voltron = Latest 80s Property To Get Mattel Toys...And A Cartoon.

My green lion legs are so touchy. I am just assuming they are going to start popping out every time I move that arm. Sad. I wonder if at some point there would be a way to "break" them but keep the legs able to stand still.

Heroic Warrior
    What does anyone make of the lack of announcement for the Blue Lion and Allura for the August sale?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Not happy. Still hope it's a mistake. I guess it'll just move to September...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarGungan View Post
    What does anyone make of the lack of announcement for the Blue Lion and Allura for the August sale?
    I have no idea what you are referring to.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by OscarGungan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not happy. Still hope it's a mistake. I guess it'll just move to September...
    Yeah, I hope they just left Blue Lion & Allura off the list by mistake. With August being a light month with MOTUC, I was really looking forward to Blue Lion.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I have no idea what you are referring to.
    The Blue Lion from the Voltron sub was supposed to ship in August and be available for purchase for non-subscribers. Mattel posted a list of items that will be available in August for sale and it was not listed.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Blue Lion IS coming in August! TG reponded to my question on Ask Matty:

It is 8/15. Photo was late but update is coming ASAP! Sven also ships to sub holders 8/15.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    The Blue Lion from the Voltron sub was supposed to ship in August and be available for purchase for non-subscribers. Mattel posted a list of items that will be available in August for sale and it was not listed.
    They did that a few months ago with Yellow Lion. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in Oct too since Mattel does not really care about Voltron.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Blue Lion IS coming in August! TG reponded to my question on Ask Matty:
    I saw that and am soooo happy it's still coming and not pushed back
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    could the voltron line include characters such as prince lodar, his father the king, the witch, the evil soldiers, the giant monsters or any of the other characters that were in the original tv series?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

It could and I'd love it... sadly, it is not to be... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    could the voltron line include characters such as prince lodar, his father the king, the witch, the evil soldiers, the giant monsters or any of the other characters that were in the original tv series?
    Yeah it could include any from the original series (Lion or Vehicle), the 3rd Dimension series, or the new Voltron Force series.

WEP owns the rights to all of Voltron and they licensed that to Mattel
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Well, I've been watching the new Voltron Force cartoon on Netflix, and I can say it isn't too bad. The cadets are annoying, which seems to be a regular theme lately with cartoons adding annoying little sidekicks. There are some inconsistancies, like the Larmina/Allura relationship of niece/aunt, (since Allura was an only child, but did have a living aunt, Queen Orla, so 'aunt' could just be an honorific given to Allura since she's an older cousin.) Why does Yellow Lion have a scar over its eye? It's a robot, it can't be fixed? LOL What happened to Zarkon, etc? I wish that some of the original actors had reprised their roles again, I just don't like some of the new voices.

And since I haven't seen any news about a second season, let me guess, it was cancelled already?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    And since I haven't seen any news about a second season, let me guess, it was cancelled already?
    Not officially, but a second season has not been greenlit yet. And when I was talking to Jeremy Corray from WEP at SDCC, he told me that right now they are putting all of their resources towards trying to get a live-action movie off the ground, and that they can't do that and the cartoon at the same time because their resources are limited.

So it sounds to me that a second season is not happening.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Allura and Blue Lion review is up at Pixel-Dan.com.

I saw that, but where is Sven. BTW, you had the legs right the first time.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Can someone with the club lion force subscription help me out here? Did Sven ship with the Blue Lion release this month? Was he supposed to?

My problem is that my CC was declined for this month as of last Friday, and I had to wait the entire weekend to call Matty back on Monday to get a new card updated into their system. Since then I haven't received an email or a notice about anything being updated/shipped/charged and I'm getting worried because the Blue Lion is sold out online. And while the customer service people I've been talking to are nice folk, they're atrociously bad and can't explain to me what the hold up is in charging my new card for this order. But other than the Blue Lion order, I've tried asking about the Sven exclusive, and that just about sends whomever I'm talking into some sort of epileptic frenzy that they can't get their head around.

Thanks
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; August 16, 2012 at 04:26pm.

Oh boy, here is what happened to me back in June.

Card declined.
    Got a call from Matty telling me they sold my sub Atrocitus on accident, so they will only be shipping my Metron out.
    Got a shipping notice for Metron.
    Got my package and Atrocitus was in the box (and the next day I had been charged for him).

Digital River is run by jerk monkies. They have no idea what anyone is doing. It's like each employee works on a different continent and they do not know how to comunicate with each other. YOu'll most likely get your Sven figure, but they'll probably tell you Blue Lion is no longer available and then you will suddenly have that in the shipping box as well.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Wow, I've never had to deal with DRI until this month and boy am I popping my cherry hard with them

Here's the breakdown:

-My girlfriend made an honest mistake and charged something to the same credit card I use for my subscriptions on the month it was due to renew, blocking it off from further purchases.
    -On a Friday, my credit card was declined for the purchase of two Blue Lion's (I have two subscriptions) and I got my first email from DRI/Matty about it.

-On Monday, after the weekend, I call the DRI/Matty hotline and have the credit card changed to one that can accept the charge right away.
    -No one at DRI can tell me when this charge should take place and when my order will be sent out, but that I should wait up to two business days.

-On Wednesday I haven't received any kind of email from DRI/Matty, so I call in asking what the hold up is
    -No on can tell me, let alone understand my problem, and they tell me to call back the following day as the full "2 business" days aren't over yet, as if the charge could go through later that night.

-On Thursday, still no emails, and I call back the hotline where no on can tell me what the problem is still. The representative then tries to blame my email spam blocker as the REASON THAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO CHARGE MY NEW CREDIT CARD.
    -I then hang up and send an email to their customer service, hoping to get someone who isn't an English as a third language speaker who can understand what I'm saying. I detail out my problems, concerns, and wishes, and I hope for the best.

-On Friday evening (as of me typing this post) I receive a response to my email stating that the card has been declined a second time and that after a third decline my subscription will be cancelled.
    -Being the odd guy that I am, I then call my credit card company and ask them if any charges have been tried to be charged from DRI/Matty/Scott Neitlich-himself, to which my live CC operator says "No - no ones tried to charge anything for weeks, and we don't have a block on your account."
    -I immediately call back DRI/Matty and speak to a supervisor who instead of blaming anything/anyone for possible problems tells me that he'll try and find out the "process of my account" while he sits on the phone with me in dead silence and reads something to himself. I at least got him to retake my new credit card number, making sure to re-read the numbers back to me as I say them aloud, and at least make sure that there's one more attempt at DRI/Matty processing this order.

Basically, if I don't hear anything by Wednesday I'm screwed and my subscription will only be half fulfilled, let alone me getting the Lance figures I've already paid for when I spent the $15 per subscription when I first signed up.

I'm venting, but I have absolutely nowhere else to turn on this matter. I even registered with Matty's own forums tonight, but everywhere I turn they say "If you have problems, contact the same people that are giving them to you."
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; August 17, 2012 at 10:13pm.

Talking to Digital River is like talking to a bunch of monkeys. No one knows what another one did when they helped it as if there is one person on each continent. It is very exhausting. They charged and shipped me TWO DCU subs last month, and then when I shipped the duplicate back, they only refunded Rocket Red saying that Starman's refund came when they accidentally refunded my shipping costs. The shipping costs on a DUPLICATE ORDER THEY CREATED!!!

The thing with Daniel at the very end of the last episode looked like it was thrown together at the last minute, so it is too bad it didn't just get left off since now there likely won't be a second season. The series' conclusion would have worked much better that way.

Yeah, I find that annoying too. It definitely felt like it was just tacked on and it would have been better without it. It's too bad the show isn't going forward and those awesome Lion designs are probably never going to be made into toys. I feel like it had some good momentum behind it. The series, while not perfect, had a lot going for it too.

Oh well.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Not officially, but a second season has not been greenlit yet. And when I was talking to Jeremy Corray from WEP at SDCC, he told me that right now they are putting all of their resources towards trying to get a live-action movie off the ground, and that they can't do that and the cartoon at the same time because their resources are limited.

So it sounds to me that a second season is not happening.
    Cool I would rather have the live action film
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sportsandstuff777 View Post
    Cool I would rather have the live action film
    Same here. You mark my words, if Pacific Rim is a big hit next year you'll be seeing the Voltron film sooner rather than later. This concept art was part of the pitch that the winning studio made to get the rights to the film:

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...ept_art_01.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...ept_art_02.jpg

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploa...ept_art_03.jpg

If I have to choose I'd go for a live action film too, I suppose. Those concept shots are really cool.