Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Serious question: what are you people doing with your toys that the bendy bits are always breaking? I have a Pink Panther bendy guy from 1988 that still looks like new other than some paint wear.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

My guess is using the bendy stuff... It also depends on the quality of the wire used...
    In some cases the wire used to tie the figure to the package is sturdier than the wire used inside the bendy part... (MLV Reed Richards I'm looking at you!)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I would buy octavia for sure. I have a feeling we will get her sooner or later. She's not as elusive as the core female rebellion members.

The MOTUC line is seriously lacking some Octavia!

Seeing as how campaigning for characters has helped the likes of Mosquitor, BG Teela, and The Star Sister, I feel I need to do my part to get Octavia made.

She is currently my number one want for MOTUC.

Octavia for MOTUC! Who's with me?

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    The MOTUC line is seriously lacking some Octavia!

Seeing as how campaigning for characters has helped the likes of Mosquitor, BG Teela, and The Star Sister, I feel I need to do my part to get Octavia made.

She is currently my number one want for MOTUC.

Octavia for MOTUC! Who's with me?
    She's one of the most requested FILMation characters, so you shouldn't have to campaign too hard. She's basically a sure-thing for MOTUC!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Count me in. Octavia has always been one of my favorites.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Octavia is a must have!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

I think we can pretty much count on Octavia sometime down the road, although we will probably see Scorpia first don't you think? It was said that one of the top priorities after securing Filmation rights would be to get these Horde females from the cartoon out. Personally I LOVE Octavia and will be thrilled when she is revealed. Let's hope it's sooner rather than later! Wouldn't mind her and Mermista being released back to back
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

If they are shying away from bendy parts (as suggested by TG's answers in RGD 84) then I wonder if they'd do her tentacles as articulated. I think I'd actually prefer that.

I was thinking the same thing when I was listening to RGD today. I could see them done with small segments connected to each other with ball joints to allow for the most possibility.

While I want Octavia a slit bit more them Scorpia I hope we see one of them revealed at SDCC this year.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Will Octavia have tentacle attachments similar to Slush Head?

With all the issues with bendy material, will everyone be OK with Octavia coming with tentacle attachments similar to Slush Head's? Or should Matty hold off until the bendy issue is resolved? I personally would sacrifice bendy articulation if it means getting Octavia sooner - but that's just me.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

If no bendy material means less likely to break then yes please. Then again toys do break when being posed and played with.....

I hope she comes with the Twigget to hold in her tentacle.

They should be able to use the same stuff they used for King Hiss. i haven't hear of any issues with that material.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Indeed. Use King Hiss material.

Don't care, just give me Octavia!!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I am very much looking forward to her. She is one of my most wanted figures.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like hard plastic tentacles with a few key points of unobtrusive articulation.

Maybe a ball-joint where they connect to her back, another at the mid-way point and another at the very end. As long as Mattel avoid using whatever they used for Snout Sprout - that is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I'd like hard plastic tentacles with a few key points of unobtrusive articulation.

Maybe a ball-joint where they connect to her back, another at the mid-way point and another at the very end. As long as Mattel avoid using whatever they used for Snout Sprout - that is the most important thing.
    I would be down with the multi ball joint idea, as long as it didn't mess up the sculpt.

Other then some type of tentacle articulation she must also be able to hold a sword or blaster rod with her tentacles, even if they just clip on.

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I've been giving a lot of thought to this, and I really don't want them to go with tiny articulations all over the tentacles. That would make her tentacles look robotic, or like Scorpia's tail. Her tentacles should be sleek.

SO, what if they just snapped onto her back...but she came with SIX instead of four. They could all be pre-posed, to hold blasters, or just lay by her side...and they could turn from that main point of connection on her back. That way, if you want to pose her, her pop whatever tentacles you want in.

I think that would be a safe way to go. Don't get me wrong - I WANT them to be flexible - but I don't want them to be divided up into sections with little joints. That would ruin the visual for me. Her tentacles have to look organic...

I like the idea of alternate tentacles. That's a really good solution. They should make 2 sets - 4 that are flailing and 4 that are able to hold things.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Can't wait for Octavia (though I confess to wanting Scorpia slightly more)--Hordak needs someone to tangle with Mer-Man and Slushy! As far as her arms, I'm not too fussed on how they turn out, as long as we get her sooner rather than later. For durability's sake, something akin to what Slushy has might work best.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

What does Slushy have...?

Static hard plastic tentacles that are posed.

Oh cool. It's not my ideal situation - I'd love to be able to pose her tentacles - but if Mattel can't handle Snout Spout's trunk, they'd probably mess them up, and I wouldn't want that.

She's need to come with two tentacles in the "down" position, and two holding freeze sticks, like below:

..but then we'd also need to see four tentacles with swords...that's a classic Octavia thing