Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm totally fine with Octavia as MotUC figure and can't wait for her release!

Picked up NECA's trilobite, which is a gigantic multi-tentacle creature with fully articulated tentacles thanks to the bendy wire. No excuse Mattel can't figure out bendy arms, especially since King Hsss has held up over the years.

but NECA is a toy company so they know how to do stuff like that,Mattel is a Sta.....no, no they do make toys at Mattel....odd

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

So true it hurts.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope, we get some vintage Horde members, Iīm tired of Rattlor, Cy-Chop, Horde Prime, Octavia, FFM becoming hordesmen and not having Mantenna or Modulok in my collection yet...

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I hope, we get some vintage Horde members, Iīm tired of Rattlor, Cy-Chop, Horde Prime, Octavia, FFM becoming hordesmen and not having Mantenna or Modulok in my collection yet...
    What do you mean Octavia and Horde Prime 'becoming' Hordesmen? They've always been part of the Horde.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    What do you mean Octavia and Horde Prime 'becoming' Hordesmen? They've always been part of the Horde.
    Yep, what I mean is, that the mixture of new and vintage Horde stuff is bad. At least bad for me...

Realistically, the bendy stuff probably costs more. PoP figures don't get extra expense if it can be avoided.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Forgive me if this was already mentioned. ToyGuru told me that Octavia has a new female pelvis piece. All females after her will use that piece. He says it should correct the problem figures like the Star Sisters had where their pelvic pieces looked too long and the joints showed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Great pics!!!

That's very good news! I am SO happy that Mattel really listened to the pelvis problem. The pelvis they made for Bubble Power She-Ra worked for the old 1.0 style legs, but not for the Battleground Teela style legs (and others that do not have thigh articulation, like Tallstar). The legs hung too low on that pelvis.
    Yeah, one of the only 2 gripes I have for Sorceress is that longer crotch, when it would have been so much better aesthetically to use the shorter crotch and articulated thighs.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Realistically, the bendy stuff probably costs more. PoP figures don't get extra expense if it can be avoided.
    BURN.

Those tentacles, even without bending capabilities, are totally going to fall out of their sockets. Calling it now.

Heroic Warrior
    My guess is since both of them will require a large amount of tooling, we won't see them until later. I imagine we WILL get them, because I can't honestly see them NOT doing at least Mantenna before/if the line does end. Look how long it took them to get around to Ram Man because of the tooling involved.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

(null)
    Like Shadow-ra said Octavia and Horde Prime have always been Horde members. They are also vintage, they're from the 80's, unlike Cy-Chop.

Octavia is going to be right up there with Shadow Weaver as best of the line.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    BURN.

Those tentacles, even without bending capabilities, are totally going to fall out of their sockets. Calling it now.
    Yeah! Just like Buzz Off's wings and insect legs, and Dreago Man's wings, and Webstor's legs! Pixel-Dan's review of Mosquitor shows how loose his insect legs are and how they keep falling out!..oh, wait...

Honestly? What in the history of this line makes you think they will not be nice and secure in their little sockets?

I don't have any of those figures - I was thinking of the Swiftwind Wind issues everyone was talking about.

Also - I had to say something, because there's some ten character requirement, and the site wouldn't let me just post "burn". If sockets and plugs haven't been as big an issue as I perceived them, consider that retracted...
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; December 14, 2012 at 07:10pm.

The different sockets for Procrustus made more confident, that it will be easier to assemble her correctly.

Iīm still unsure how they will pull it of to make the ball joints strong enough to hold the tentacles up, put in the same time thin and small enough so that the hair isnīt in the way to much or push the head downwards and she canīt look straight....

But iīm sure, they will find a way. Iīm trying to be positive here

From the photos we've seen, the ball joints at the end of her tentacles aren't look super big so....I'm less optimistic here.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The different sockets for Procrustus made more confident, that it will be easier to assemble her correctly.
    That actually makes me more worried. With Slush Head they messed up his tentacles by putting those differently sized connection sockets on the wrong sides. Which resulted in his tentacles curving backwards away from his enemies, instead of facing forwards like they're supposed to.

I'm hoping they learned from that mistake and this time they'll simply use a universal peg/socket for all the tentacles and just leave it up to us to assemble her correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Yeah! Just like Buzz Off's wings and insect legs, and Dreago Man's wings, and Webstor's legs! Pixel-Dan's review of Mosquitor shows how loose his insect legs are and how they keep falling out!..oh, wait...

Honestly? What in the history of this line makes you think they will not be nice and secure in their little sockets?
    Adora's granny panties.
    She-Ra's inability to sit on her horse and the hole-in-head drama.
    Bo being altered to the point where he doesn't adequately represent his FILMation or vintage toy look, plus his missing armor, plus the tasteless heart shaped bulge on the underside of his crotchpiece.
    Catra's floppy hand and poorly conceived whip-comb.
    The Star Sisters being in the wrong colors for the majority (or at least very vocal minority) of fans, plus their lack of weapons compared to the upcoming FFM three-pack.
    Shadow Weaver's color changed from prototype to final figure, upsetting some fans. Plus, she was a sub exclusive, meaning lots of PoP fans that don't necessarily want all of the NA/MOTU figures couldn't get her. Mine also had sloppy fingernail paint.
    Frosta's off-white attire and incorrectly assembled arms.
    Netossa's missing faceplate, lack of a true second weapon, and the dent/black smudge on her cape.

EVERY PoP release has had one problem or another, so I think it's fair to wonder if the next one will, too. I wonder what I'm forgetting...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I don't have any of those figures - I was thinking of the Swiftwind Wind issues everyone was talking about.
    Oh. Right. The one POP beast we have. And he had loose wings and reversed shins. Oh, and also a non-removable neckpiece and giant gaping holes where his wings go, with little-to-know chance of a Spirit release later down the line.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    Adora's granny panties.
    She-Ra's inability to sit on her horse and the hole-in-head drama.
    Bo being altered to the point where he doesn't adequately represent his FILMation or vintage toy look, plus his missing armor, plus the tasteless heart shaped bulge on the underside of his crotchpiece.
    Catra's floppy hand and poorly conceived whip-comb.
    The Star Sisters being in the wrong colors for the majority (or at least very vocal minority) of fans, plus their lack of weapons compared to the upcoming FFM three-pack.
    Shadow Weaver's color changed from prototype to final figure, upsetting some fans. Plus, she was a sub exclusive, meaning lots of PoP fans that don't necessarily want all of the NA/MOTU figures couldn't get her. Mine also had sloppy fingernail paint.
    Frosta's off-white attire and incorrectly assembled arms.
    Netossa's missing faceplate, lack of a true second weapon, and the dent/black smudge on her cape.

EVERY PoP release has had one problem or another, so I think it's fair to wonder if the next one will, too. I wonder what I'm forgetting...

Oh. Right. The one POP beast we have. And he had loose wings and reversed shins. Oh, and also a non-removable neckpiece and giant gaping holes where his wings go, with little-to-know chance of a Spirit release later down the line.
    As my boss would say "What does any of that have to do with the price of tea in China"?

I'm comparing back attachments with back attachments and you pull out every issue you have with POP figures? None of those have to do with how well the tentacles might attach to her back. I agree that Swift Wind's wing attachments are awful, but there is absolutely no history that would indicate they will use an attachment like that. They will most likely use the same type of attachment as we have seen on all standard size figures with back attachments. All of those have been fine. My biggest concern is that they will loosen and not stay in position, but I don't think there is a risk of them falling out...unless someone is constantly pulling them off and putting them on again and the hole stretches out or tears.

There are enough issues in this line with fabricating new ones based on zero evidence.

I didn't fabricate any new issues. All I said was that PoP fans have the right to be worried, while providing evidence for their right to worry.
    Aaron

Let's just wait until we see some samples of Octavia to judge.

While there's nothing wrong with voicing concerns about quality, we should try to avoid stressing ourselves out about something that hasn't happened yet.

If the tentacles fall out, I'll buy you a drink at the next con!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Oh lordy - sign me up for one of those!

I agree it's pointless to wonder how badly things might go, I did randomly have a thought last night - how will the figure stand with the tentacles in? All the pictures we've seen of her displayed show the tentacles out of her back. And since they seem to have no shape and just jut out of her back in straight lines, are they really going to balance her?

Gravity will be putting pressure on whatever kinds of joints attach them to her back. I forsee difficulties.

I'm not fussing over her at all right now. I'm just saying fans have a historically proven reason to worry, if they choose to do so.

I am personally okay with a lack of bendy, as I would be fear them breaking more than I would ever enjoy the playability. It worked okay for Slushy and I think it'll do just fine for Octavia. My only pet peeve about Slushy is that when I moved recently, I had to box up all of my MOTUCs and I couldn't get the tentacles out again. They still have their full range of motion...they just wouldn't come out. So I wonder what he's gonna look like a year from now when I unpack him.

I think she'll stand well enough, as I'm sure they'll be articulated at the connecting point, meaning you should be able to position them in a manner to help balance her out.
    Aaron

4 Horsemen's Toypocalypse 3: ExtraTOYrrestrial!

This was posted on AFI from tonight's event.

Octavia, not sure what's going on with her crotch.

photo OctaviaNYTF_zps69e07f2f.jpg
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    She's got strobos!!!

Nasty!