Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Octavia Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I guess I thought it was supposed to be a pointy-shaped skirt, so I never even gave a second thought to this current "crotch issue". As long as her legs are secured to the crotch piece inside the skirt area, and not showing below it (like the Star Sisters), I am happy.
    Yeah, I don't get Crotchgate either. She looks perfect to me. Octavia's a monster, literally, and doesn't need to be sexy. So who cares if she's got granny panties? Just my two cents.

I'm not too concerned over Octavia's crotch piece either. If it looks odd in person, I'll just use a dab of gorilla glue to wrap the pointed end onto her crotch piece. No worries.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Yeah, I don't get Crotchgate either. She looks perfect to me. Octavia's a monster, literally, and doesn't need to be sexy. So who cares if she's got granny panties? Just my two cents.
    The simply fact is, she wasnīt intended to have a pointy skirt it should be a form fitting leotard, look at the FILMATION design than the prototype and than the finished figure.

But just for me so i get it right you say the pointy skirt isnīt sexy and fits a monster, Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich said on the Matty forum that this piece/design is what they will use from now on and that means for characters like Glimmer, Angella or Mermista.

So itīs okay that those and others will look unsexy and monster-like?

I truly hope not!
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    The simply fact is, she wasnīt intended to have a pointy skirt it should be a form fitting leotard, look at the FILMATION design than the prototype and than the finished figure.

But just for me so i get it right you say the pointy skirt isnīt sexy and fits a monster, Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich said on the Matty forum that this piece/design is what they will use from now on and that means for characters like Glimmer, Angella or Mermista.

So itīs okay that those and others will look unsexy and monster-like?

I truly hope not!
    So I went back and looked at the pics, and I see your point(pun totally intended). It's still not a deal breaker for me *here*, but I can understand the frustration if the rest of the POP girls have it.

Maybe it's just that that particular figure's crotch got a little bent outward? Maybe the others will wrap inward, like they're supposed to?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Maybe it's just that that particular figure's crotch got a little bent outward? Maybe the others will wrap inward, like they're supposed to?
    Disneyboy, don't try to bring sense to this.

New answer from Toyguru, he will look between the difference from the Prototype to the NYTF Octavia. Here is the original answer from mattycollector.com:

"I'll have to check the model when it comes back from NYTF, but yes, to be correct, NYTF is the final model, not NYCC (if I mixed that up). If the model from NYTF was not assembled correct, I will check when the model comes back next week."

Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    New answer from Toyguru, he will look between the difference from the Prototype to the NYTF Octavia. Here is the original answer from mattycollector.com:

"I'll have to check the model when it comes back from NYTF, but yes, to be correct, NYTF is the final model, not NYCC (if I mixed that up). If the model from NYTF was not assembled correct, I will check when the model comes back next week."
    Sounds at least promising.

But i have the feeling he will tell us in hand itīs not that bad which can be true but the fact is they still donīt get it right or as good as the prototypes. I know i must be sounding very negative or picky but i really think we have to say things or they will never get better or to everyones satisfaction.

Iīm not a sculpter and i sure donīt know how difficult it must be to create a toy but still with the improved Cpt. Glenn tunic they showed itīs possible to make it look almost as if it would be a form fitting leotard.
    *Peekablue *Mermista *Toy version Catra(red Prototype) *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Lizard-Man *Zilora *Granita *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Tung Lashor

I was looking at some pictures of the Justice League Unlimited Lex Luthor prototype figure compared to what Mattel eventually released, and there are noticeable differences in terms of the sculpt. I don't think ANY Mattel figure makes it from prototype to final distribution version without a hit or two from the Ugly Stick, sad to say.

I am glad to hear Scott is looking into this, even if only to tell us nothing is amiss. I'd really, really like one POP figure that doesn't have issues. While I'm still sad about the bendy issue, if Octavia's crotch is good and her tentacles are look and her limbs are good...I'm good.

Let's hope she can be fixed before released. It seems like every female released there's some type of issue. Adora's granny panties, Teela's stiff tunic/bobble head, Green Goddess' exploding crotch feature, Catra's gummy hands, Frosta's grey coloring/hair color change and reversed arms, Sorceress' wing design, Marlena's racoon eyes, Star Sisters' elongated bottoms, She-ra 1.0 etc. I don't want to add anyone else to this list.

Disneyboy, don't try to bring sense to this.

LOL - and here I thought I was being the emotionally irrational one!

Heroic Warrior
    this is my bf's buddy, Bender.

20130226_165706.jpg

he's 5 years old, if i remember correctly, and he's been posed all over the place. the bendy arms that bend on Bender still bend just as bendy as they bent on the day they were first bent, with no visible problems with said arms (and legs).

I'm okay with her not having the bendy tentacles. I still however can't get over the pointy elongated crotch. I think it totally ruins the figure and to think that this will be the "new style" used on all females with this type of costumes is absurd! This needs to be corrected.

How long will it be before we see a Pixel Dan review of this figure? I'm eager to see the finished result...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    How long will it be before we see a Pixel Dan review of this figure? I'm eager to see the finished result...
    Good question but it could take a month before they send her out. Karatti and the Fighting Foe Men are scheduled before her and we havenīt seen them as well.

What really worries me is the fact that Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich said he will look into the crotch question but never mentioned again...

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Well as my avatar image should remind you, Toyguru isn't really bothered by Adora's grannypants. He said repeatedly that she doesn't need a 2.0 version. Which is fine, I get that it's not everyone's top priority. But when I saw Octavia's prototype I thought 'wow. Wish adora had that outfit.' That was of course the FIRST prototype. The NYTF pne looks horrible in terms of loincloth. Pointy, out of scale, horrible. I really hope Toyguru really looks into this issue! image.jpgimage.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

I am SO SO SO looking forward to this figure!!!
    I really dont mind the crotch. Im just in awe of that face!!!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    I am SO SO SO looking forward to this figure!!!
    I really dont mind the crotch. Im just in awe of that face!!!
    Iīm looking forward to this figure as well and to many others with leotards and thatīs why i am concerned since it has been said this crotch piece will be used for every female character. EVERY!

And i know iīmust be sounding like a broken record but i donīt want figures with great looking faces but still weird looking outfits, strange silhouettes or sturdy plastic.

We had that since the first female character and itīs not getting better, there is always another thing "wrong".

Is it to much that to expect a completely working figure which looks like the prototype or maybe even improved but not downgraded or flawed?

I donīt want to be negative or a downer but iīm honestly concerned. I know pictures make the things look bigger and more dramatic compared to the real life but problems are problems and should be fixed and not ignored.

But the crotch piece that will be used for every female figure going forward is the T piece under the bottom half of the leotard. The problem appears to be the way the bottom piece of the leotard fits on top of that crotch piece. Reusing that piece doesn't mean that future figures will suffer the same problem.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I think that a big part of the problem here is with communication. And I am really not trying to be rude when I say this, but I think someone is going to have to present him with a picture to show what we are talking about.

When we say "crotch" piece, Toyguru gives me the impression that he thinks we are talking about the little part that the legs assemble into. That is the piece that exploded on the goddess, and that was the piece that caused issues with the female 2.0 buck on figures like the Star Sisters. So if we say "crotch" piece, that is what he always seems to think we are talking about.

The issue at hand with Octavia is her OUTFIT bottom. The piece of plastic that fits OVER the crotch piece. Again this may come down to pictures for the sake of clarity.

Her crotch piece is fine, the problem is the part that is OVER it. Rather than being pointy, why can't it be shaped and moulded like Strobo's? What people are asking for is for this to look more like a leotard as per the Filmation design.

Every response I have seen from him seems like he is not getting what part is being talked about. I guarantee that if he looks at the NYTF figure that the crotch piece will seem fine...because it is. The part OVER, the leotard/outfit bottom, is the issue.

Maybe that will help. In the end I will just end up shaping and glueing it down if I don't like it, but it would be nice to at the very least to get him on the same page with the question.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Can someone post that comparison photo I posted in my previous message on the "ask toyguru" section of the mattel forum? I think it shows the problem pretty well
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Can someone post that comparison photo I posted in my previous message on the "ask toyguru" section of the mattel forum? I think it shows the problem pretty well
    Will do! Good idea!

EDIT: I did but i forgot the question mark in the headline, dyslexic people shouldnīt do that stuff... or maybe i shouldnīt do things like that but itīs done, now we have to see if we get an answer...
    Last edited by Niki; March 28, 2013 at 12:13pm.

I think she looks very good and I personally have no problems with her. It is very hard to tell what (if any) differences there are between the 2 of them unless you take a picture from the exact same angle and in the exact same pose. Just a slight angle change makes a huge difference in appearance and perception.

Going back a few post with the comparison pic, it looks like she has a huge giraffe neck. In the second one (from NYCC) it appears that it is gone and now a more normal length. Again, that could all be perception, camera angle and posing. I would have more of a problem if she came with the giraffe neck than the pointy crotch piece or non-bendy tenticles.

I don't agree Kid Canada. Thee is a HUGE difference if you comare the two photos - the loin cloth is sculpted to wrap around the pelvis in the first one, and on the second one it is oversized (wrong scale) and it just hangs there like a triangle. It's extremely disappointing and needs to be fixed! If you bought speedos and they hanged that low at the pool people would just be laughing at you.

Thanks for posting it on the other forum nikki!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Canada View Post
    I think she looks very good and I personally have no problems with her. It is very hard to tell what (if any) differences there are between the 2 of them unless you take a picture from the exact same angle and in the exact same pose. Just a slight angle change makes a huge difference in appearance and perception.

Going back a few post with the comparison pic, it looks like she has a huge giraffe neck. In the second one (from NYCC) it appears that it is gone and now a more normal length. Again, that could all be perception, camera angle and posing. I would have more of a problem if she came with the giraffe neck than the pointy crotch piece or non-bendy tenticles.
    The neck had been falsely assembled at the prototype, one of the FOUR HORSEMEN said that at the power con immediately. So we never had to worry about that

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I don't agree Kid Canada. Thee is a HUGE difference if you comare the two photos - the loin cloth is sculpted to wrap around the pelvis in the first one, and on the second one it is oversized (wrong scale) and it just hangs there like a triangle. It's extremely disappointing and needs to be fixed! If you bought speedos and they hanged that low at the pool people would just be laughing at you.

Thanks for posting it on the other forum nikki!
    You are welcome and yes you are right the supposed to be leotard is simply not curved enough it just "hangs" there and sticks out to the side.